• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Sales | Overlooked, non-featured deals & recommendations (ONLY)

Salsa

ixEedZxmjaeWU.png

Disclaimer: I talked with Stumpokapow about this thread but he isnt available at the moment so he couldnt help me to hold out the creation of an OT3 in favor of this thread. The other mods didnt knew about this so a new thread was created.

I'll leave it up to the mods, but I think a good idea would be to try and keep this thread just for recommendations of non-daily/flash/poll winner games on sale, questions about these, and overall discussion of them. Nothing else

So let's try to keep it that way. Keep in mind that the list is super unfinished and I'll leave it short in favor of other gaffers recommendations. These are barely some of my own

---

The following games are in order of price (click the banner to go to store page)

$1

Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! are a couple of rip-roaring point-and-click adventure games . With tongue firmly in cheek, sit back, relax, and put your mind to work solving puzzles, and reading some very funny dialogue. It's like a book, only good!

$1.24

Tobe's Vertical Adventure is an indie, retro, platformer starring Tobe, the overly devoted gamer who's been forced on a treasure hunt by his materialistic crush, Nana. The big headed duo will travel back and forth in the crumbling caves in search of treasures while rescuing fluffy animals, making you scream kawaii ne~ along the way. With 2 unique characters and a total of 4 islands and 16 levels to explore, Tobe's Vertical Adventure shall bring you back to the 16-bit era.

$1.79

The once peaceful Kingdom of Gorudo is threatened by an evil presence. The only hope for salvation is Cyrus, a wizard versed in a secret magic art called Wizorb! Explore many strange places from the derelict monster infested town of Clover to Gorudo Castle atop Cauldron Peak.

$1.99

Inside a Star-filled Sky is an infinite, recursive, tactical shooter by award-winning designer Jason Rohrer (Passage, Between). What if you could enter an object in a level and find a level inside of it? What if you could enter an object in that level and find another level inside of that?

$1.99

IDK GAME IS COOL BUT MAIN CHARACTER NEVER UNCROSSES HIS ARMS

$2

The critically acclaimed PSN hit PixelJunk™ Eden has swung its way to Steam! With a spectrum of new features and controls re-imagined specifically for the PC, PixelJunk™ Eden on Steam will feel brand new for even the most seasoned veterans of the PS3 version.

$1.99

Cubemen is a fast paced, action packed, original 3D Tower Defense game that mixes TD with RTS in single player & online multi-­player awesomeness! Get ready for some crazy Cubemen action! It’s the age old struggle between Good vs Bad, Blue vs Red, Little men vs Little men.

$1.99

Long ago, the Dark Lord Dredmor was bound in the darkest dungeons beneath the earth by great and mighty heroes. Centuries later, the magical bonds that hold him in place are loosening and his power grows ever stronger. The land cries out for a new hero, a powerful warrior or a mystic wizard like those spoken of in the prophecies of yore.

$2.5

Ride your music.

Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.

Audiosurf on Steam includes The Orange Box soundtrack, integrated with the game to enable "Still Alive" surfing and more. In addition, Audiosurf is one of the first titles to leverage Steamworks, offering full support for the Steam Achievements that appear on Steam Community profile pages.

$2.5

Axel and Pixel are trapped in a beautiful but dangerous dream world. If they plan to get out they must solve its mysteries. Drawn by hand and rendered in full high-definition, Axel & Pixel is a unique journey through an artist's dream.

$2.5

And Yet It Moves is a puzzle-platformer, set in a unique world, made of ripped paper. Within the paper-collage you can jump, run and last but certainly not least: rotate the world. Learn how to apply the physical consequences of rotation to master the many tricky situations you may encounter.

$2.5

In Choplifter HD, players take on the role of an up-and-coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team. Pilots will be trained to command a variety of helicopters deployed on 30 different missions. Pilots must bank, hover, touch-down and sometimes even shake zombies from their chopper during lift-off in order to make their rescue and complete their mission.

$2.5

Eschalon: Book I is an old-school role-playing game that will take you across massive outdoor environments and deep into dozens of sprawling dungeons as you seek to uncover the mystery of who you are. It features a tile-built, turn-based game world where the result of absolutely every action is rolled, calculated or statistically determined. Hundreds of items and dozens of creatures await your discovery in this classically inspired RPG.

$2.5

Sea Cross Island was a quiet haven just off the mainland, but recently strange things have been happening! Mysterious creatures known as Fae have started appearing and are wreaking havoc. A young girl named Claudia, is thrust into adventure as she searches for her missing uncle amongst the chaos.

$2.5

Nimbus is a unique combination of racing & puzzling. The player controls a craft with no means of directly propelling itself and needs to use whatever is scattered around the levels to acquire thrust and reach the goal. Traverse a world map with several distinct islands in order to recover your lost love.

$2.5

Nominated as a IGF Seamus McNally Finalist, NightSky is an ambient action-puzzle game that offers a gameplay experience unlike any other—cerebral challenges fill uniquely designed picturesque worlds. The player must maneuver a sphere by using realistic physics to advance; each of these worlds is broken into different areas. The original soundtrack by experimental jazz musician, Chris Schlarb will further heighten the surreal experience.

$2.5

Nation Red is an ultra fast infinite play arena-based shooter providing an exceptional close-quarter battlefield experience. Fight thousands of zombie mutants and their bosses in frantic bloody gameplay while earning over 70 perks.

$2.5

Dark Legends surround the old abandoned Blackwood house, secluded far away in the northern wastelands.

For writer Michael Arthate, this cold, solitary atmosphere is fodder for his restless imagination. But Michael soon becomes distracted by the mysteries offered up, as he follows a trail exploring and delving into the secrets of the past. As he is drawn deeper into the story, his sleep is shattered by mysterious noises, and he is plagued by nightmares that cross into reality.

$2.5

Shatter is a retro-inspired brick-breaking game that merges familiar action with unique twists and a modern crafted production approach. Innovative controls, physics effects, power-ups, special attacks, and boss battles which combine to provide an experience that is always interactive.

$2.5

A century after the legendary boy Noitu Love saved the world from the evil Darns, they rise again, but in a chaos of time-bending mayhem! Now it's up to the new hero of the Peacekeepers, Xoda Rap, to save the world.

$2.5

The Gods haven’t looked too kindly on humanity and Earth, as we know it, has been reduced to a group of island archipelagos, populated by “BUDDIES” – pint-sized creatures, unbound by gravity’s forces and free to float and frolic at their own whim and leisure.

$2.99

Welcome to a new experience in gameplay mechanics: Beat Hazard

Gameplay Powered by YOUR Music!

Experience your music collection like never before with this intense music driven arcade shooter. Each of your songs will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music.

Power up your spaceship and watch as the music boosts your firepower. Unleash hell on the enemy ships when you max out with weapon pickups!

$2.99

Fortix 2 is best described as a reverse turret defense game. As Sir Fortix, the knight, you must conquer castles while dodging tower turrets and evil monsters.

Fight your way across the shires of the island Artalom, storming from castle to castle. Use cunning strategy to succeed against the maze-like levels and defeat the evil mage Xitrof.

You are the lone Knight who must fight against the entire infested continent!

$2.99

Enter the ambient world of Osmos: elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a minimalist, electronic soundtrack.

Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes. Propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you. But be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Relax - good things come to those who wait.

$2.99

Zeno Clash is an action/fighting game set in a punk fantasy world. The game is played from a first person perspective and the combat is generally up close and brutal. Experience a deep storyline set in a fantastic world.

$2.03

As the mysterious and powerful "Guardian of Earth" your steely eye and HYPER-POWERED LASER ARM have kept the citizens of Earth safe for generations (as well as proving a hit with the ladies).

With all your awesome TALENT and FLAIR, surely it would be IMPOSSIBLE for a devastating invasion of Doom Beasts to descend on your cities and cause havoc without your knowledge? (Even if you were MAYBE showboating for a magazine photo-shoot at the time...)

$3.19

Offspring Fling is a game about a poor forest creature that has misplaced all of her children. She'll have to fight her way through over 100 levels of action puzzle platforming to get them all back home. There's danger around every corner, but she won't rest until her family is safe again.

$3.39

"You are outgunned. You are massively outnumbered. You must win." These are your orders.

Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown.

$3.39

Capsized is a fast paced 2D platformer focused on intense action and exploration. As a intrepid space traveler, your ship has crash landed on a mysterious alien planet. You must navigate through the perilous environment and fight off blood-thirsty creatures to save your crewmates and escape with your lives!

$3.39

Bang Bang Racing is a distinct arcade game focusing not only on the speed but also on the technical driving skills. The very intuitive control system and the exciting tracks provide endless fun for everyone in the family. Bang Bang Racing delivers fast-paced racing around every corner and down every straight.

$3.39

Hamilton's Great Adventure puts your problem solving and timing skills to the test. Outsmart the enemies, rush through the levels and collect all the bling to ensure your place on the leaderboards.

In single player, switch between Hamilton and Sasha the bird to get through more than 60 challenging levels, or play the game in offline co-op mode and control one character each! The game supports both keyboard/mouse and game pads.

$3.74

On the battlefield, prejudice takes many forms, knows no boundaries, and drives all conflict. In the distant future, humanity will call on its most fearless defenders to confront an emerging threat determined to eradicate all human life as we know it.

--

$4.99

1936: Soldiers of the Third Reich roam the world seeking occult weapons for their insane plans of conquest. When Fenton Paddock, a former British soldier and hapless smuggler, is asked to look for his friend Richard, who went missing in Tibet

$4.99

Shuggy has just inherited a castle full of goblins, ghouls, zombies, and robots. Help him clear out over 100 rooms to make his new home liveable again! Every room in the castle is different, letting Shuggy fly, float, swing, spin, change size, time travel and more as he explores the Dungeon, Boiler Room, Clocktower, Gallery, and Graveyard.

$4.99

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source.

$4.99

Developed by lone designer Rich Edwards with music created by legendary chiptune artist Syphus, Pineapple Smash Crew is a fast paced tactical blast-em-up! PSC features tight squad formation shooting, aliens, robots, zombies and grenades- loads and loads of grenades!

$4.99

A rock-solid combination of rock-rolling action, deep strategy, and captivating art and music from different ages of history, this is a game of crush or be crushed! Two castles stand opposed; one is yours, the other is your enemy’s. They're a jerk and their castle sucks, so you’re going to try to smash it using an enormous boulder. Even as they build up their defenses, you're ready to roll over them in order to raze that unsightly tower. But beware! There’s a giant boulder headed your way, too.

$4.99

Follow the creation of the games Super Meat Boy, Braid and FEZ through this Sundance award-winning feature documentary. Critic’s Pick of the New York Times and declared a “Must See” by Ain’t It Cool News. Watch the full theatrical cut in 1080p HD.

$4.99

PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords delivers, for the first time ever, classic puzzle-game action backed with an epic story of good vs. evil. Challenge your match 3 skills as you battle against computer opponents to save the Kingdom of Etheria from the evil Lord Bane.

$5.09

When redheaded thrill-seeker Adol Christin and his eternal blue-haired companion Dogi make an unannounced visit to Dogi's homeland of Felghana after an eight-year absence, it quickly becomes apparent that things have changed dramatically.

$6.49

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Starving and exhausted, he has begun to question how much of what he sees is even real. A new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you.

--

$2.99

$3.74

$5

$5

$5.99

$7.5

$7.5

$7.5​

add your own!, post your impressions! etc and if you do so, it would be appreciated if you can keep the same format as the games posted here and add screenshots, your own opinion, or whatever you'd like.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice list, been playing Choplifter on PS3, fun game.

Also, A.R.E.S. is $2.50, or $3 with DLC.

(Used the same setup as you salsa, forgive me)

$2.99

Meet the Lionhearts.

A smack-talking rag-tag band of rebels bound on an impossible quest. With an arsenal of outrageous weapons, they're destined for victory in 12,000 bullets or less. If they can make it through an army of psychotic robots and a wall-smashing Goliaths, they just might save the world... if they don't burn it down first.

It's an awesome and way over the top third person shooter. If you can look past the outdated visuals, it's a really fun gem.

inky

header_292x136.jpg

Hard Reset is an action-packed, single-player shooter for the PC. With over-the-top destruction, loads of enemies, great weapon variety and a beautifully realized cyberpunk setting, Hard Reset is sure to shake up the shooter scene.

Only $3.75

Great old-schoolish Sci-Fi shooter, features a transforming gun. It was just updated with new free content too.

Any impressions for Hard Reset Extended Edition?

$3.75
Hard Reset is an action-packed, single-player shooter for the PC. With over-the-top destruction, loads of enemies, great weapon variety and a beautifully realized cyberpunk setting, Hard Reset is sure to shake up the shooter scene.
Edit: Beat by inky.

Salsa

(Used the same setup as you salsa, forgive me)

dont get me wrong, everyone can post their recommendation in wichever way they like, I just think posting a banner with a link, a small blurb and a personal recommendation for example (+ screenshots even and whatnot) will make it easier for people.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I don't see anything interesting at all in that.

It's a good idea for a thread though.
Shatter, Nimbus, Hamilton's Great Adventure are all great games.

Sequence is kinda strange but really fun, and was done by a GAFer.

The_Monk

Salsa do you think you can add Lone Survivor to that list? It's one of the most wanted for me, from what I see seems really nice (I do not own it) with a good mood/setting and it's less than $5

I can't make a banner with a description since I need to take care of the prizes/Highscores from the Steam Hunt Thread and I'm a little busy. Thanks in advance!

$2.50

Broken Sword Trilogy: Wonderful point and click adventure games. It has a realistic setting with some fantastic points. (aka Indiana Jones reality) And good news for those who believe that the game is too old to be playable, the first two games are recently remastered.

Rocket Knights: $7.50: 50% off
header_292x136.jpg

Short. Great game, but short and not worth the full price. I was hoping for 4.99 but it's still a lot of fun. Controller support.

DeathSpank: $7.49: 50% off
header_292x136.jpg

Great tame, addicting. Controller support. Diablo like with humor.
Note: Sequel is (thongs) is also 50%, don't get the third.

Salsa

Salsa do you think you can add Lone Survivor to that list? It's one of the most wanted for me, from what I see seems really nice (I do not own it) with a good mood/setting and it's less than $5

Lone Survivor is easily one of my GOTY's. I'll go ahead and add it. I'll still ocassionally add something but gaf impressions beat anything!

Roto13

Stop making me buy things. ;_;

Fine, I'll buy Time Gentlemen Please and that other one only because they're a dollar. But that's IT! Then I'm done. For real, this time.

The_Monk

Lone Survivor is easily one of my GOTY's. I'll go ahead and add it. I'll still ocassionally add something but gaf impressions beat anything!

I know but I'm kinda busy with the other thread and I really can't make a personal opinion when I do not own the game. Shame, I know.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you very much!

I really like Wizorb, Noitu 2 and Cargo: Quest for Gravity. I dig the sprite art on Wizorb and Noitu, I think they look great. Gameplay wise, Wizorb is Breakout with RPG trimmings, and Noitu is an action sidescroller that uses the mouse to aim and move and attack. Cargo is just completely weird, with a Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts style vehicle creation mechanic in it. At that price, I'd say it's worth it just to experience the weirdness. Nonstop crazy stuff happens in that game and the whole vibe is creepy/weird.

Thinking about getting Dungeons of Dredmor. Is it basically a roguelike or is there more to it?

Dark Fall: Lost Souls (75% off) $3.24/£2.49

Metacritic Score: 75/100

What has happened to Dowerton? The once grand Train Station was the heart of the community, but only the very brave, or the very stupid, now approach the place, while it slipsfurther into dereliction with each passing day. Adjoining the Station, is the Victorian Station Hotel. Once a haven for weary travellers and adulterous lovers, the hotel is now in ruins. Rot, decay and time are tearing the place to pieces...leaving you very little time. For you will be entering the old Hotel at Dowerton, for one last time, to learn the secret of the Dark Fall.

You must watch your step, and never turn your back on the darkness....Something evil, unknowable and hungry is hiding in the darkness of these old buildings. It wants your soul; to feed upon, devour and torture. Can you make the ghosts your ally so you can battle against the darkness that lurks in that long forgotten, abandoned place?

randomkid

Sega Genesis Classics Pack 4 seems too good to be true, although I wish I hadn't seen that it was $1.87 a while ago. This is a better place to ask I guess, is there something off with the emulation? Googling seems to indicate that people think it's "fine." If I haven't ever played any of these games before will I be okay?

dani_dc

$2.99

Classic Sonic game updated with achievements and leaderboards, also features both the US and Japanese soundtracks. What more is needed to be said?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh, also, anyone who enjoys puzzle games needs to play the best puzzle game ever made:

This was my GOTY last year. Over Portal 2. Over Skyward Sword. Stood this game, tall and proud. Fan-fucking-tastic game.

€4.99

Grab a G-Lifter - your new best friend! Use it to change gravity at will, manipulate the environment, and throw huge crates at your enemies.

Join the amazing exploits of astro-miner John Rochard and embark on a gravity-bending journey across the Solar System!

That description doesn't do the game enough justice. Rochard is one of the best kinetic puzzle games this side of Portal 1. If you're a fan of Trine 1 or 2, you owe it to yourself to get this.

Top Bottom