• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers biggest update All-Star Update 2.0 coming October 19 - Ranked mode, more

Kayant

Update 2:

Patch notes - http://lawbreakers.nexon.net/en/news/article/25810/

Update:

From the video -

New guided tutorial
Custom crosshair reticles
Balance pass on all classes
Significant Wraith changes old Wraith main rejoice?

Original post:

Hey LawBreakers,

The time has finally come to unveil our biggest update yet. Welcome to the All-Star Update!
blitz-all-star-logo-small.png

We have a lot to cover, so let's dive in.

Video - All-Star Content Drop | LawBreakers Rapid Fire Dev Update

First off, Boss Leagues. Yes. It's here. It's finally here. Cue chair dance? Confetti?
boss_leagues_logo_main_grunge-small.png

So if you're unaware, Boss Leagues is our competitive ranked mode that EVERYONE has been asking for. We've been building LawBreakers alongside our community and feedback, and Boss Leagues is no exception. We're considering this season - Season 0 - to be a ”beta" season, and we're giving everyone who participates and helps us test out Boss Leagues Season 0 some awesome goodies - Season 0 Profile Icons and Silver Weapon Skins. So we hope you'll jump in, try it out, let us know if anything is out of whack, so that we can improve for future seasons.

Alright, so hopefully we've enticed you by now to check out Boss Leagues when it's available. But it's time to get into the nitty gritty. Check out the full details of how this is all gonna work right over here.

Next up, Blitzball Arena. Remember when we teased that map we teased in our 2017 Content Roadmap of an arena floating above the city of San Francisco? Well, it's finally here, and it's called GATEWAY
copy-of-gateway_ms_supplemental_01.jpg

A little back story on Gateway. Post-Shattering, many organizations over time found use for Hadronium, leveraging its unique properties to create commercial products and constructions. Gateway, the Blitzball stadium, is a such a marvel, as it floats effortlessly in the sky thanks to Hadronium's anti-gravitational properties. Gateway can relocate to other areas of the world, as it is the world's first ”Mobile Stadium."

Plus, as a BONUS to this update, we're going to throw in a brand-new map variant. Fans loved the Promenade Night variant we dropped last month, so the Environment Team opted to do a new one: Redfalls BLOOD MOON.
copy-of-copy-of-rf_bloodmoon_ms_supplemental_05.jpg

Our Redfalls map has been updated with a new, atmospheric time of day, featuring the ominous Shattered Blood Moon overhead. Since the community liked Promenade Night, a fun map variety where Boss Key tweaked the time of day, the environment team has been toying with other existing map variants. Redfalls Blood Moon is a new map variant where the atmosphere around Redfalls is darker, more sinister as the shattered moon itself is blood red. Nothing has been tweaked gameplay-wise, but see if you can spot other artistic changes in the environment!

And next, we have NEW Blitzball themed character & weapon skins, profile icons, and kick decals! There are over 120 new items that are provided in our special, time-limited All-Star Stash-drops. Check out a few of them below.

blitz_roster_breakers.jpg

blitzroster.jpg
And finally, we've got quality of life updates like multi-region queuing, balance adjustments, and more. View full details in the patch notes below.

The All-Star Update will require a restart of the game/application at 7am PDT/ 10am PDT / 4pm CEST when the update is available. However, we anticipate that the service may have interruptions from 7am-8am PDT so please keep updated on Twitter, Facebook, and Discord.

UPDATE DATE/TIME:
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Pacific: 7:00 AM
Eastern: 10:00 AM
CEST: 4:00 PM

PC Patch Notes: Coming soon!
PS4 Patch Notes: Coming soon!

Hope you're ready for our best update yet. We sure are.

- The LawBreakers Team

As one of the many dozensofus.gif that play I can't wait to be Top 20 or something in ranked ^_^. Also thanks BKP for the birthday present :)

renzolama

I tried quickplay matchmaking on PS4 last week under the impression that console population was higher than PC, and quit after watching a spinning circle for over 2 minutes. It's a real bummer, I double-dipped because I enjoyed the game that much and now that Destiny 2 PvP has not scratched my skillful fast-paced multiplayer itch I have nothing to fall back on. I hope the game picks up more players, I'll continue checking in every week or so.

I’ve been wondering if all the attention from low player counts would actually bring people to the game. Honestly I didn’t even know it existed until I saw all the chatter, usually accompanied by “it’s actually a pretty good game.” Now I kind of want to check it out.

If they could turn this around that would be pretty awesome.

I’ve been wondering if all the attention from low player counts would actually bring people to the game. Honestly I didn’t even know it existed until I saw all the chatter, usually accompanied by “it’s actually a pretty good game.” Now I kind of want to check it out.

Continuing support for the game is a pretty good first step in that regard

If a patch is released and there's no one online to download it, does the patch exist?

sorry to everyone who worked on this game

Marcel

I've been wondering if all the attention from low player counts would actually bring people to the game. Honestly I didn't even know it existed until I saw all the chatter, usually accompanied by ”it's actually a pretty good game." Now I kind of want to check it out.

You should ask the people at Gearbox if it worked for Battleborn or Turtle Rock employees for Evolve.

So if you’re unaware, Boss Leagues is our competitive ranked mode that EVERYONE has been asking for. We’ve been building LawBreakers alongside our community and feedback, and Boss Leagues is no exception. We’re considering this season - Season 0 - to be a “beta” season, and we’re giving everyone who participates and helps us test out Boss Leagues Season 0 some awesome goodies - Season 0 Profile Icons and Silver Weapon Skins. So we hope you’ll jump in, try it out, let us know if anything is out of whack, so that we can improve for future seasons.

yeesh. sounding a lil desperate.

I still feel the largest issue with the game is its art style. Hopefully this update is fun for the fans and it's great to see them keep going but I don't think this will attract that much new blood.

Newlove

The low numbers is going to put new players off even trying. Maybe a heavily advertised free weekend with a kick ass trailer for the new content could do wonders, assuming they haven't tried already. But I'm no marketing expert.

Marcel

The low numbers is going to put new players off even trying. Maybe a heavily advertised free weekend with a kick ass trailer for the new content could do wonders, assuming they haven't tried already. But I'm no marketing expert.

They already did a free weekend.

thumb

Banned
It seems like if you want to make a multiplayer shooter today, you can't build in the assumption of success. To my mind that means you need to create some co-op or PvE modes out of the gate, so people have something to play regardless of concurrent users.

Kayant

From the video -

New guided tutorial
Custom crosshair reticles
Balance pass on all classes
Significant Wraith changes old Wraith main rejoice?
Mirage: Arcane Warfare was basically doing all of this same exact stuff, they even gave away the game for free. Had sales, content updates etc. They got up to 43k CCU. They're back down 67 people playing a day.

http://steamcharts.com/app/368420
Didn't think it would be that bad woof. Evolve lived a bit better than although situation is a bit difference.

Kayant

If you are on the PC you can be top 10 just by launching the game. :p
Hey there is 72! of us on right now!

If only am not that MLG to be in top 10 LUL.
"Biggest" isn't saying much when the game launched two months ago.
I mean it is literally the biggest update they have done since launch so far... timeframe doesn't really change that.

Edit -

Also this is like the 4 major patch within that timeframe so yh it is saying something.

LordofPwn

What I played of Lawbreakers I enjoyed but I honestly think they should hit the drawing board and change the look/tone of it all. This update looks nice but their numbers are alarmingly low and I don't see this really helping.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it but Lawbreakers is basically the Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars of online shooters and a follow up like Blitzball League could set the world on fire.

taoofjord

The art style and overall tone is definitely the main thing that kept this from sticking for me. The gameplay is actually pretty good (although I’d like it if they could improve the feel of the weapons).

JayCB

I'll never be able to get into top 500 on Overwatch..but considering this game only has a dozen players, I might actually have a shot here.

edgefusion

I can't find this game to buy anywhere in the UK, except digitally. I kind of want to try it out as it's probably dirt cheap by now, but nooope!

Jinaar

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Gosh, this just before Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein get released in the next few weeks. God speed, LB, god speed.

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Gosh, this just before Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein get released in the next few weeks. God speed, LB, god speed.

Mario, AC

Hell, I'm a 90% PC gamer and I'm buying a Switch to play Mario.

2017 is just a super, super tough year to launch a game if it isn't either A) doing something ground breaking/unique or B) doing something not necessarily unique, but polished and almost perfect.

Speely

Banned
Hey is this game good? I think it looks really fun and it's a shame to see it floundering. Bad timing I guess.

I like games with lots of freedom of movement, so this appeals to me, obv. Is it a game where someone not very good at competitive FPS games (I am shit) can still find some fun?

JWiLL

Banned
lol that logo is too cute

The Blitzball is also voiced by Justin Roiland (Rick & Morty).

Still makes me sad how low the player count is for this game. It's legitimately a great shooter. I wonder if a more significant, permanent price drop would help. Maybe going down to $15.

That and a good ranked mode set up could help bring in some competitive FPS types. It's a very aim intensive game which I find satisfying as a Quake kid, but I can see why OW players who are all about their Mercy/Winston/Sym hold w+m1 gameplay wouldn't be interested.

Top Bottom