• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience |OT| Hey, you got Level-5 in my robot battling game!

mrjohill

I just finished chapter 1! The battles are getting a bit repetitive at the moment, primarily because I went a long stretch without having any weapons other than the starter lance and pistol. Hopefully now that the beginning chapter is out of the way more things will unlock/open up. Overall I'm really liking it though - but some of the censorship is annoying. For example, in the Japanese version, the security mechanism on Achilles is called a "Death Lock". If an unverified user tries to activate it, a poison dart shoots out and kills them. Here it's the "Electro Lock" or something, which just administers a shock. Pretty lame, but oh well.

What is the penalty for your lbx being "destroyed" in battle (under whichever ruleset allows for that to happen)? It happened to me once, I chose a rematch, and that was that. I didn't even notice any grease missing from my inventory.

That's gauge that you use the grease for goes all the way down

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Jesus, so far Dual Wielding guns seems broken...

I'm a bit disappointed because it seems so good there's almost no point in using Melee Weapons at the point I'm at.

Jesus, so far Dual Wielding guns seems broken...

I'm a bit disappointed because it seems so good there's almost no point in using Melee Weapons at the point I'm at.

Yeah, I pretty much always dual wield or use a machine gun.
Sometimes I'll bust out my spear if the enemy has high defense toward bullets.

I hope the postgame will require more diversification of LBX sets. I wanna get into the elements and damage types and find suits that can mitigate different types or damage instead of the current "jack of all trades" suit I've been rolling with.

Watch Da Birdie

The Sniper Rifle also seems pretty powerful, the movement drawback doesn't seem a big penalty...

But I'm having fun experimenting around. I don't quite understand the Core Modification system, it's really confusing and unintuitive.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man the impressions so far are quite positive. Seems like I will have to get the game after. Hope I can get a sweet deal on the EU version.

Helps that we won't get Yokai Watch until next year otherwise it would be too much for me this year.

mrjohill

The Sniper Rifle also seems pretty powerful, the movement drawback doesn't seem a big penalty...

But I'm having fun experimenting around. I don't quite understand the Core Modification system, it's really confusing and unintuitive.

I would read up on the core stuff. Like I didn't know that you could put in up to three engines and batteries

Cindro

That's gauge that you use the grease for goes all the way down
My grease gauge was at 90/100 though automatically when I started the rematch!

And a low grease gauge essentially just means you level up slower, correct? Not a big penalty anyway, especially considering how easy it is to grease back up.

Grease Greece Geese

mrjohill

My grease gauge was at 90/100 though automatically when I started the rematch!

And a low grease gauge essentially just means you level up slower, correct? Not a big penalty anyway, especially considering how easy it is to grease back up.

Grease Greece Geese

Were your hit points abnormally high in that battle?

Cindro

Were your hit points abnormally high in that battle?
I don't think so? I can't say for sure though - there are more systems and stats to pay attention to than I'm used to following, so I still haven't fully accommodated myself to pinpointing every detail. Maybe I'll throw a match later so I can be more cognizant of the effects (as my original loss caught me off guard)

Looking forward to crushing my foes in chapter 2 tonight. And I'm particularly getting excited about the sequel, if it ever comes over here, for some online GAF battles.

Meffer

I don't think so? I can't say for sure though - there are more systems and stats to pay attention to than I'm used to following, so I still haven't fully accommodated myself to pinpointing every detail. Maybe I'll throw a match later so I can be more cognizant of the effects (as my original loss caught me off guard)

Looking forward to crushing my foes in chapter 2 tonight. And I'm particularly getting excited about the sequel, if it ever comes over here, for some online GAF battles.

There are three regulations: Standard, Street and Unlimited. Standard is where you have take down the enemy three times. Street is just one time. Unlimited is where your LP is boosted by 3 times and Attack doubled but if your LBX is taken down it's considered broken (it's maintenance bar is completely depleted) and will not receive EXP.

exfatal

Man got the game yesterday and loving it. Definitely a MMBN feel. Also like the amount of customization. Been playing for about 7 hours and on chapter 3. From looks of it in going at a "bulldozers" pace
:p

mrjohill

You'll fight battle I think they are called unlimited rule battles where you'll have hit point up near 1000. If your lbx is destroyed in those then that meter will go to zero

Watch Da Birdie

I would read up on the core stuff. Like I didn't know that you could put in up to three engines and batteries

I can't seem to place the sub parts that add LP and stuff, I can move them around but it says "can only replace similar parts" or something like that.

exfatal

I can't seem to place the sub parts that add LP and stuff, I can move them around but it says "can only replace similar parts" or something like that.
The parts you can put multiple of ha to be a different price can't put in duplicates. Those parts are batteries and I think the generator (whatever gives you the elements boosts)

Just got the ability to lighten and reinforce. The min/maxing of these parts, especially with the eventual introduction of top grade parts, will be insane.

Cloudboy

Banned
Just got the ability to lighten and reinforce. The min/maxing of these parts, especially with the eventual introduction of top grade parts, will be insane.

The parts for the codes are all top grade. Ive been using top grade Odin since i could afford it. The small loss in speed is more than worth switching from NG to TG. Parts have about 3x the Health and some good weapon boosts.

Cindro

This game rules.

I think I'm overlevelled though - I steamrolled everything in Chapter 2 with no issues. Which is fine for me since it presents a nice opportunity to explore more customization in a safer environment.

Here's something that's been holding me up, though - I'm always hesitant to buy any LBX parts or weapons (or, god forbid, sets) because I'm afraid I'll get them as a drop or story reward at some point, and thus my credits will have been wasted. Is that valid? It's a bummer always feeling guilty about buying things at the shop, but frugality can sometimes be key in games like this where there are literally thousands of parts to potentially obtain.

Breezing through Chapter 5, and I'm stuck on another BBS Quest - "Legendary Photo". Can't seem to find anything online about it, the only hint the game gives me is I have to look everywhere in the town for a specific location to take a picture of trains. First thing that came to mind was the Station, but after running around for an hour I sort of gave up and continued on with the story. Anyone else completed the quest that can tell me where I need to go?

Breezing through Chapter 5, and I'm stuck on another BBS Quest - "Legendary Photo". Can't seem to find anything online about it, the only hint the game gives me is I have to look everywhere in the town for a specific location to take a picture of trains. First thing that came to mind was the Station, but after running around for an hour I sort of gave up and continued on with the story. Anyone else completed the quest that can tell me where I need to go?
I'll spoiler it just in case;
go to the river side thing and it's near the bridge at the top near the other exit. It should automatically take the photo.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This game rules.

I think I'm overlevelled though - I steamrolled everything in Chapter 2 with no issues. Which is fine for me since it presents a nice opportunity to explore more customization in a safer environment.

Here's something that's been holding me up, though - I'm always hesitant to buy any LBX parts or weapons (or, god forbid, sets) because I'm afraid I'll get them as a drop or story reward at some point, and thus my credits will have been wasted. Is that valid? It's a bummer always feeling guilty about buying things at the shop, but frugality can sometimes be key in games like this where there are literally thousands of parts to potentially obtain.

Just buy what you need, since otherwise trying to get stuff from drops or whatnots can take a while. That and as others mentioned cash isnt exactly a problem once you reach a certain point in the game, unless you are blowing it on the super expensive gashapon stuff.

Cindro

I'm disheartened by how unpopular this thread is. Has there been ANY marketing for this game? I've seen none (not counting the fact that it was in a Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Bumped to the top of the eShop page).

I figured with the anime and toys clearly having plenty of money poured into them, the game would have gotten appropriate resources to station it as a core pillar of the Western LBX presence. This is really a prime example of a title that has appeal to adults and children in equal measure, so it seems to be the perfect candidate for such a push.

NoA gonna NoA

Pikma

Banned
I'm disheartened by how unpopular this thread is. Has there been ANY marketing for this game? I've seen none (not counting the fact that it was in a Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Bumped to the top of the eShop page).

I figured with the anime and toys clearly having plenty of money poured into them, the game would have gotten appropriate resources to station it as a core pillar of the Western LBX presence. This is really a prime example of a title that has appeal to adults and children in equal measure, so it seems to be the perfect candidate for such a push.

NoA gonna NoA
I'm fucking dying to get this game but I'm broke right now. Will try and get it next month, maybe for my birthday.

NoA gonna NoA

I have yet to even see reviews for it by the usual bigger review sites, much less any sort of marketing push.
It has some ads in European magazines and seems to be having a bit more push there, but NoA seems to have just thrown it into the wild and half-assedly hoped for a word-of-mouth hidden gem.

Me too. It's a fun game! I think a lot of people would like it, but so many big sites are ignoring it.

When you have dual pistols, hold back on the circle pad and press attack. You'll do a backflip that launches the enemy into the air, and from there you can shoot and juggle them for a bit while they're in mid-air.

mrjohill

NoA gonna NoA

They probably should have had it ready when the show was airing.

GeekyDad

NoA gonna NoA

Well, I just ordered my copy. But yeah, NoA is always gonna "no-ah!" No marketing, no pre-order bonuses, no demo prior to release.

I have yet to even see reviews for it by the usual bigger review sites, much less any sort of marketing push.
It has some ads in European magazines and seems to be having a bit more push there, but NoA seems to have just thrown it into the wild and half-assedly hoped for a word-of-mouth hidden gem.

Me too. It's a fun game! I think a lot of people would like it, but so many big sites are ignoring it.

When you have dual pistols, hold back on the circle pad and press attack. You'll do a backflip that launches the enemy into the air, and from there you can shoot and juggle them for a bit while they're in mid-air.

I think in spite of there being a show related to the game, mechs and the like are still kinda niche, at least in the States. If it ain't Transformers, it doesn't tend to get a lot of attention over here. Personally, I love these sorts of games, and really, we don't see many on Nintendo systems, so I gotta support that. Hopefully, over time the franchise will gain momentum and we'll see all three games come over.

Dyne

Really enjoying this game! Enjoying percival set and how speedy it is.

I just found out I had 23 toy medals, that's like 77,280 CR. MAKEOVER!

This game is so dang good so far.
The graphics are really nice, the interface is clean, and the story seems to be going somewhere cool. Reminds me of Build Fighters, too.
Good stuff.

This game is so dang good so far.
The graphics are really nice, the interface is clean, and the story seems to be going somewhere cool. Reminds me of Build Fighters, too.
Good stuff.
Haha yeah, I was thinking it was like Build Fighters too since I just watch both that and TRY not too long ago.

Played about 12 hours so far and it's fun, customization is really deep and you're always trying to find new parts for your LBX. Looked at the % finished and LBX parts was only at 21% and weapons at 5%(there's others like Core Unit, etc) so there's a looooooong way to go to see everything which is pretty cool. Also how bout some pics of y'alls LBX's? Might help move the thread faster I guess.

My current LBX
GyP7XNm.jpg

3ytnXTX.jpg

Wished there was a way to change colors for your parts. Everything is always mismatched lol.

Dragoshi1

Hey, anyone know how to get the Black Raven guy to fight you in electronica?

He says he'll only fight evil LBX, but when I equipped them, like Deqoo, Chameleon, Protozenon, Wendigo, he still asks to fight an evil LBX.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hey, anyone know how to get the Black Raven guy to fight you in electronica?

He says he'll only fight evil LBX, but when I equipped them, like Deqoo, Chameleon, Protozenon, Wendigo, he still asks to fight an evil LBX.

Have the leader equipped with the original Deqoo model all parts / weapons dont matter. The other 2 will not work. Then try talking to him again.

It doesn't make sense for me to buy the DLC TG Grade armors when I'm only 20 hours into the game, right? If I do that, I'll probably only use those for the remainder of my time with the game.

The min-max tendencies are making me consider getting them all the time, but I try to remember that they wouldn't even be available if I hadn't downloaded the DLC.

Draxal

I'm rocking default Achilles with Chiron Spear and Atlas Shield. Game is fun, but they really could have paced that introduction better.

Dyne

Yeah I have a little over 100k right now, enough to buy one of the DLC armor sets, but I don't want to ruin the difficulty curve right now.

I thought the game was super easy and I'm ten hours in. I just started using Destroyer Z after buying it for 120k and it's not that bad. It's kind of like getting a legendary Pokemon at level 80 - you want to keep raising AC level of your other armor but it's nice to have

schnarf

Really enjoying this game, picked it not sure what to expect and have been blown away so far. Early in Chapter 3 at this point. Presentation is just top notch. Have been recommending it to all of my friends who own a 3DS.

On a slightly related note: I also ordered two different LBX toy/model kits from Amazon over the weekend, really like the designs of the LBX's and enjoy building things so figured I would give it a go. Think I need to buy some paints now to put some detail work into them...this is potentially a dangerous rabbit hole I have started down.

GeekyDad

On a slightly related note: I also ordered two different LBX toy/model kits from Amazon over the weekend, really like the designs of the LBX's and enjoy building things so figured I would give it a go. Think I need to buy some paints now to put some detail work into them...this is potentially a dangerous rabbit hole I have started down.

Ah, didn't realize they had actual toys/models. Very cool.

Top Bottom