• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leader of American Nazi Party: "Trump win will be ‘a real opportunity’ for us"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranster

Banned
EDIT: MOD, please move this to OT.

The leader of the American Nazi Party said on his radio show that a Trump presidency would be a great victory and a “real opportunity” for white nationalists to expand and build their coalition in the United States.

BuzzFeed’s Andrew Kaczynski posted audio on Saturday night of American Nazi Party Chairman Rocky Suhayda declaring that a win for Trump is a win for racist whites.

“I believe that Trump is going to win the election this November, for various reasons which I don’t want to go into again,” Suhayda said in July. “I think it’s gonna surprise the enemy, because I think that they feel that the white working class — especially the male portion of the working class — and with him his female counterparts have basically thrown in the towel. Given up hope of any politician again standing up for their interests.”

“Now, if Trump does win, okay, it’s going to be a real opportunity for people like white nationalists, acting intelligently to build upon that, and to go and start — you know how you have the black political caucus and what not in Congress, and, everything, to start building on something like that,” he continued.

“It doesn’t have to be anti-, like the movement’s been for decades, so much as it has to be pro-white. It’s kinda hard to go and call us bigots, if we don’t go around and act like a bigot. That’s what the movement should contemplate. Alright,” he concluded.

Kaczynski noted that in the past, Suhayda has avoided publicly endorsing Trump because he didn’t want to compromise the Republican nominees chances in the polls.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/lea...-trump-win-will-be-a-real-opportunity-for-us/

Just more reason for you guys to vote against this lunatic.

Orayn

This is the part of the situation that is still very fucked and that Clinton isn't a solution to.

If Trump loses the general election, the Trump-loving white nationalists don't go away. They've already put a ton of effort into organizing, mobilizing, and building up their cause. They'll get people people into local governments, state legislatures, etc. and cook up terrible things for the future. We're stuck with them and they're getting more powerful.

Platy

Dude you are not doing any favor for Trump saying this

Nazi party leader :
FT5kLSo.gif

Tubobutts

It's kinda hard to go and call us bigots, if we don’t go around and act like a bigot. That’s what the movement should contemplate. Alright,” he concluded.
You are literally a nazi. You're a bigot.

sphagnum

Banned
Guys, Andrew Kaczynski is the Buzzfeed guy. Rocky Suhayda is the Nazi.

Suhayda's certainly an unusual last name as it is though, I'm not even sure what the origin of it is. You'd think it'd be some Anglo or German guy.

Taelus

This is the part of the situation that is still very fucked and that Clinton isn't a solution to.

If Trump loses the general election, the Trump-loving white nationalists don't go away. They've already put a ton of effort into organizing, mobilizing, and building up their cause. They'll get people people into local governments, state legislatures, etc. and cook up terrible things for the future. We're stuck with them and they're getting more powerful.

That's why we need mass leftist political movement to counteract it, otherwise we're looking at a very dark future.

The sad thing is the quoted statement in the OP is still actually more moderate and less contemptible than half the things that come out of Trump's mouth.

I mean, the implications based on who's saying it are obviously far worse, but the leader of the American Nazi Party is a better politician than Donald Trump. Sad!

Orayn

That's why we need mass leftist political movement to counteract it, otherwise we're looking at a very dark future.

Unfortunately "pay close attention to all of your local elections and vote against the literal Nazis" is a hard thing to sell to the masses because of how many individual races it has to cover.

Redd

Trump brings out the worse kinds of people. To think nearly half the nation will give this man votes. -_-

bman94

The scariest part of this election is how far Trump has gotten because of people like this. I really laughed when I heard Trump was running for president and I never thought it would have gotten this far. When you have leaders of hate groups publically showing support for you as a presidential candidate, we have some serious issues on our hands.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Wait, what?

One of the Marvel 9/11 tribute comics very (in)famously depicted Doctor Doom crying in response to the attack.

Twyg9sF.jpg

In the Marvel Universe, Victor Von Doom does four things worse than 9/11 to New York City about three times a year, so this struck a lot of people as somewhat absurd.

bman94

One of the Marvel 9/11 tribute comics very (in)famously depicted Doctor Doom crying in response to the attack.

Twyg9sF.jpg

In the Marvel Universe, Victor Von Doom does four things worse than 9/11 to New York City about three times a year, so this struck a lot of people as somewhat absurd.

American comics has always had a strong sense of nationalism, it just feels forced in modern times.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
American comics has always had a strong sense of nationalism, it just feels forced in modern times.

That sense of nationalism generally doesn't extend to Doom, though. It's a weird choice for a character who basically embodies arrogant elitist demagoguery in the Marvel universe.

Twyg9sF.jpg

It's even better when you include the rest of the panel

villains36.jpg

zoukka

That sense of nationalism generally doesn't extend to Doom, though. It's a weird choice for a character who basically embodies arrogant elitist demagoguery in the Marvel universe.

It's just out of character sellout stuff to support morale. Like war time propaganda.

bman94

There's been times in comics were even the villians are portrayed as sympathetic towards a national tragedy. It doesn't fit the characters of course but I guess comic writers felt that they HAVE to acknowledge the issues and paint the whole "we're in this together" attitude no matter how much it fucks with the continuity.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
There's been times in comics were even the villians are portrayed as sympathetic towards a national tragedy. It doesn't fit the characters of course but I guess comic writers felt that they HAVE to acknowledge the issues.

Yeah, it's just weird when they pick characters who cause or are national tragedies to do the acknowledging. The heroes themselves are plenty, I'd say. I mean Magneto up there has tried to literally exterminate humanity more than once, which puts him well out of "Today we are all New Yorkers" range in my book.

Twyg9sF.jpg

Shit.

It's even better when you include the rest of the panel

villains36.jpg

Crap, Kingpin is even worse than Dr. Doom. He'd be worried about his stocks or something.

zoukka

Yeah, it's just weird when they pick characters who cause or are national tragedies to do the acknowledging. The heroes themselves are plenty, I'd say. I mean Magneto up there has tried to literally exterminate humanity more than once, which puts him well out of "Today we are all New Yorkers" range in my book.

Yes well the whole point is that for this tragedy all the villains are out of character for a moment.

Crap, Kingpin is even worse than Dr. Doom. He'd be worried about his stocks or something.

He's also been drawn like a particularly obese Moai head in that bottom panel.

I can kind of get the point with Magneto, to have him repudiate the event because he is and always has been a "mutant terrorist" by definition, and you want to distance him from real-world terrorists. Dr. Doom being there is just absurd, though.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Love that we had a grand wizard of the KKK and literal fucking Nazis endorse Trump but 30% or more will still vote for the fucking Orange Fruit-Loop. Fucking hell.

Cranster

Banned
Love that we had a grand wizard of the KKK and literal fucking Nazis endorse Trump but 30% or more will still vote for the fucking Orange Fruit-Loop. Fucking hell.
Let alone their are ignorant people who say their is no real difference between Hillary and Trump.

darkace

Banned

I think it's selling Republicans short, they're thinking about more than just Trump, they're after the Supreme Court and the ability to put through legislation.

Here's an article I kind of liked explaining it: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ould_democrats_accept_a_wackadoo_nominee.html

Hillary is a hell of a lot like a leftist Ted Cruz to a Republican. Would you vote for Ted Cruz if Trump was the Democratic nominee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom