• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 6

zkylon

zkylewd
tsm looks like they need a lot of work

clg needs to improve their closing out games part like every other na team

the more things change the more they stay the same i guess haha

fun game at least

I forget Community exists sometimes. I think that's the mod's evil plan.

come hang out with us sometime

TSM lost in pick and ban, thier skill made it close anyway
?

tsm had a great comp, imo better than clg's

they just played the lane swap awful and lost some teamfights, had very little to do with the pick and ban

That Baron peel actually looked pretty good, but I feel like Doublelift's Tristana play was super mediocre. It almost looked like he forgot that she gets resets that game.

pigeon

Banned
That was a great game. Aphro and Darshan doing intense work. TSM with Elise/TF looking for picks and CLG playing very carefully to deny that. Not really convinced that "let's all push mid" was the right call for TSM to do like four times in a row. Good call for CLG to force the second baron when Mundo's TP was down.

That Baron peel actually looked pretty good, but I feel like Doublelift's Tristana play was super mediocre. It almost looked like he forgot that she gets resets that game.

Yeah, and just when the casters were hyping Doublelift he got killed. Very underwhelming, lol.

pigeon

Banned

Double's just been playing a lot more carefully in teamfights, which is like what he was supposed to do, but in fights like those it just looks like he's not doing much. Also LW was a really questionable purchase for him against a team where the tankiest enemy is Rek'Sai. That put him behind.

edit: Also those target bans against Darshan were basically wasted.

pigeon

Banned
tsm had a great comp, imo better than clg's

they just played the lane swap awful and lost some teamfights, had very little to do with the pick and ban

Their teamfight is a lot worse I think and they're playing skirmish/pick (Elise/TF with Ali disengage) against three hard engage champs (Rek'Sai, Liss, Kalista). Maybe three and a half if you count Bard. Whenever Mundo's TP was down they just couldn't fight. CLG didn't have that problem with Jax TP.

Elfstruck

lol TSM's early game got worse. At world, their early games were decent but not this bad. However, their mid game is ok despite their limited practice.

Double's just been playing a lot more carefully in teamfights, which is like what he was supposed to do, but in fights like those it just looks like he's not doing much. Also LW was a really questionable purchase for him against a team where the tankiest enemy is Rek'Sai. That put him behind.

edit: Also those target bans against Darshan were basically wasted.

Yeah, I guess he was saving his jumps to use defensively and just never got to use them because of stun/roots locking him down. Probably some issues in that game with tracking enemy cooldowns on flashes. (Particularly in that one teamfight that opened with the whiffed Bard ultimate where CLG basically just spammed Flash + R to create a never-ending engage.)

Hard

Banned
I need Adrian to do well to win my fantasy. I gave up having a consistent Jungler (choosing between Shook & Trick) to get him, so pleeeeeeease get some assists.

zkylon

zkylewd
Their teamfight is a lot worse I think and they're playing skirmish/pick (Elise/TF with Ali disengage) against three hard engage champs (Rek'Sai, Liss, Kalista). Maybe three and a half if you count Bard. Whenever Mundo's TP was down they just couldn't fight. CLG didn't have that problem with Jax TP.
i think the game could've gone much differently if tsm hadn't played that lane swap like crap

pick comps aren't great when behind but all the champions on tsm were really strong in skirmishes too and if they weren't on the backfoot all the time they could've forced fights with cocoon+tf ult and done much better

but tbh i have a soft spot for pick comps cos that's the way i like the game best so idk :p

also i don't like jax

pigeon

Banned
I'm not sure about C9's strategy in accepting these hard laneswaps. Both top laners are super behind now but an underfed Ryze is much less useful than an underfed Cho'gath (lol, underfed). Cho still has a ton of presence in any fight, not to mention 540 free health.

edit: Oh, well, I guess if IMT gets 2 for 0ed immediately it doesn't really matter.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm not sure about C9's strategy in accepting these hard laneswaps. Both top laners are super behind now but an underfed Ryze is much less useful than an underfed Cho'gath (lol, underfed). Cho still has a ton of presence in any fight, not to mention 540 free health.

edit: Oh, well, I guess if IMT gets 2 for 0ed immediately it doesn't really matter.

and imt gets it back right away

pigeon

Banned
Great restrained play there by Immortals in just slowly waiting for the waves to break over the turret without forcing anything.

pigeon

Banned
Look for the Cho target ban tomorrow. Huni broke the game wide open in multiple teamfights.

edit: Also, Adrian with the perfect support game. 0-0-15.

What's the expectation for C9 this season? Total collapse?

Nah, C9 always seems to figure it out. I don't expect them to win the split but I think they'll be a threat for playoffs.

One worry I do have though is that I don't think C9 have the infrastructure to reign Rush in. Kinda makes me sad that he didn't go to Korea this season, I think he could be a really spectacular player with the right coaching staff.

Sesto

Banned
I told y'all Turtle was good

turtle was always a top adc if we compare mechanical skill. Last season he suffered the lack of frontline (dyrus and santorin were terrible). I was sure, unlike 95% of reddit, that TSM would lose by letting go Wildturtle for Doublelift. Atleast Doubelift brought over a huge fanbase which means lots of $

Top Bottom