• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Balthuk

So following a row of games I played like shit, I picked graves adc. Played one of the best games maybe ever. Rango though said he had to leave at 35 minutes and so he did. Leblanc decided it wasn't worth it either. Vlad called me an idiot for not letting him get red buff. Lost the game. Yay.
Yss2CRp.jpg
hgTITTa.png

PS: how can I link images without them being damn huge?

jerd

I really like the new pick intent system. It allows me to see in advance my have a fiddle support, Nidalee mid, and teemo top and gives me more time to mentally prepare myself for what's to come

Edwardo

I really like the new pick intent system. It allows me to see in advance my have a fiddle support, Nidalee mid, and teemo top and gives me more time to mentally prepare myself for what's to come

Oh man I used to love playing Fiddle support.

You don't even have to wait till bans start to dodge. Look at all that saved time!

pigeon

Banned
Think you missed the point. That is probably not likely the way Riot intended for the system to work and it will probably be changed/fixed. If not then a lot of the dissatisfaction is probably warranted

I mean, if you're an LCS team queueing as 5, there's like 50 people in the queue you can play against. You have to play somebody, so you'll eventually end up against 5 randos if another LCS team is not also queuing at the same time.

The practical fix is probably just to increase the time before MM standards relax. So the premade fives at high levels will have 60 min queues and get no LP unless they get lucky and another premade five wanders in. They'll just stop doing it.

So following a row of games I played like shit, I picked graves adc. Played one of the best games maybe ever. Rango though said he had to leave at 35 minutes and so he did. Leblanc decided it wasn't worth it either. Vlad called me an idiot for not letting him get red buff. Lost the game. Yay.
Yss2CRp.jpg
hgTITTa.png

If you quote the image it will be smaller

pigeon

Banned
Started the day off with an 11 AM glass of whiskey at work as I accepted my offer to convert from contractor to permanent Rioter.

Pretty fucking good start to the day

For the record, if people are wondering if the games industry is like Mad Men after this post, it is exactly like Mad Men.

zkylon

zkylewd
love reading the salty posts on reddit

was kind of a really rocky launch i gather, and this is gonna be live everywhere in 5 days? i'm guessing the matchmaking quality is gonna be pretty poor in smaller regions too

ehh, i liked dynamic queue cos there's no draft pick in my server, but since they're replacing tb with this new champ select i'd be ok with solo/duo

i mean, my biggest issue with ranked was always having to play boring stuff i don't wanna play and if i premade i'm guessing it'll be even harder to get mid so i'd probably end up solo'ing anyways

Started the day off with an 11 AM glass of whiskey at work as I accepted my offer to convert from contractor to permanent Rioter.

Pretty fucking good start to the day

congrats rito costy on ur don draper promotion

Cos you'll need it to numb the pain
i like this mental image of rito being a bunch of washed up dudes taken to the end of their sanity by reddit and twitch and twitter, drinking from early morning just to get past any given day

PSqueak

Banned
Yss2CRp.jpg
hgTITTa.png

Why do people play when they know they don't have the time for a full game?

Finally got to try the new champion select, and i just wuv it!

Balthuk

It sucks, but sometimes unknown things come up.

Yeah sure but at least say you're sorry or something. My rango didn't.
I wish there was a queue that made use of their ribbon system from before. I try my best to be positive on my games and would appreciate fellow-minded teammates and opponents. I'd wait 5 minutes more per queue just to be matched with such people.

Edwardo

Yeah sure but at least say you're sorry or something. My rango didn't.
I wish there was a queue that made use of their ribbon system from before. I try my best to be positive on my games and would appreciate fellow-minded teammates and opponents. I'd wait 5 minutes more per queue just to be matched with such people.

Oh ya of course. Some people are just selfish.

PSqueak

Banned
It sucks, but sometimes unknown things come up.

One thing is that something comes up and you have to leave, but preemptively saying "guys, the game just started and i only have 35 minutes to win" it's different, sure a game can be won in that time, but an ideally balanced game lasts on average between 40 and 50 mins.

It is just putting extra pressure on your team mates :C

Edit: i just realized i might be reading it wrong, i took that as "he said whe would leave after 35 minutes" but i realize it could be that he said he had to leave suddenly at the 35 minutes mark, the later would be okay then.

Nekofrog

Banned
thoughts on new shen after 3 minutes of playing it:

really miss farming with ranged Q
the model is really, really big
walking animation feels weird

the 3 autos from Q does SO MUCH DAMAGE

Balthuk

One thing is that something comes up and you have to leave, but preemptively saying "guys, the game just started and i only have 35 minutes to win" it's different, sure a game can be won in that time, but an ideally balanced game lasts on average between 40 and 50 mins.

It is just putting extra pressure on your team mates :C

Edit: i just realized i might be reading it wrong, i took that as "he said whe would leave after 35 minutes" but i realize it could be that he said he had to live suddenly at the 35 minutes mark, the later would be okay then.

He said that at like 28 minutes. And yeah probably something came up, but it just annoyed me that we ended up losing the game after I was so close to a win at last.
Having a rango on the team was worth it though, since i pinged for assist at one point and he appeared just as a random playlist I had played the Django theme.

Balthuk

thoughts on new shen after 3 minutes of playing it:

really miss farming with ranged Q
the model is really, really big
walking animation feels weird

the 3 autos from Q does SO MUCH DAMAGE

Speaking of shen's Q, I noticed that riot has changed a lot of spells that used to be on-target to be skillshots. Ryze comes to mind, there surely were more. Anyone seen a comment on that? Is it them trying to make it more challenging?

Speaking of shen's Q, I noticed that riot has changed a lot of spells that used to be on-target to be skillshots. Ryze comes to mind, there surely were more. Anyone seen a comment on that? Is it them trying to make it more challenging?
Targeted harass is hard to balance and frustrating to play against when the champion is good

Fracas

#fuckonami

I like it a lot better that way. Rewards the time taken to learn a champ's limits. Though I'm ok with having a few simple champions for new players and when I don't feel like trying to be Faker.

pigeon

Banned

The one designer that did basically an AMA talked a bit about that, but it's pretty straightforward. Point and click skills are just extremely reliable. That can be okay in some cases, but if all your abilities are 100% reliable in range then your interactions are super binary. Either you can get in range and have enough damage = they are dead, or you can't get in range or don't have enough damage = you are dead. Pantheon is a really good example of the kind of problematic gameplay experience that arises when you have a bunch of targeted non-skillshot abilities.

Riot doesn't necessarily want to get rid of all targeted abilities but they do want to get rid of super reliable/binary play interactions, because they aren't much fun in play.

Edwardo

I like that with the new champ select most supports you get will be players who actually enjoy it instead of just last picks.

It's literally a targeted Malphite ult. Ranged knockup that can't be interrupted and puts you in melee range, downside is that since it's targeted it needs to be single target instead of AoE.

Make it a skillshot and the only difference between them would be Vi knocks people aside on the way.

Top Bottom