• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Bard is probably doing real well because the change to chimes is a buff to lane (if I remember it right) and the stun is stupid. I should play some bard again.

zkylon

zkylewd
So long as Tahm Kench isn't a Vastaya I'm happy...

because his lore implies he's the devil, which is goddamn great.
pretty sure he isn't

like the quote noot posted somewhere of yordles giving vastayas a bad name just implies that people call yordles vastayas, which might be people confusing them for vastayas, not necessarily them being vastayas

i sure hope they're not, since i like the idea of adding a new race

Bard is probably doing real well because the change to chimes is a buff to lane (if I remember it right) and the stun is stupid. I should play some bard again.

alistar seems to have gotten like a 3% winrate bump too

kinda crazy how much the bard passive changes did tho, gonna let my duo buddy know

Minnow

I've recently been trying to get back to Diamond after getting decayed after not playing for a month on accident. It really has felt impossible recently LOL. So hard to carry :x

drawkcaB

It's mostly a help to his mid and late game, actually.

His early game was always pretty good with some good kill potential/pressure pre-6, particuarly when paired with another good bursty ADC. It's his post level 9 that was rough because ranking up either W or E isn't really a raw power spike. His 9+ effectiveness is totally reliant on how well the player can land key ults or imaginative uses of E.

But the new chime effects logic give him raw power increases as well. In any moderate length game Bard should comfortably hit 50+ chimes, compared to the old chime ranks, he gets a bit more damage, an additional meep, a strong slow, lower meep cooldown and a larger AoE cone.

I watched 3 patch reviews by high elo players and they were all kinda "hmm, that's nice" and I'm here freaking out because for my money it's the biggest buff in the whole patch. I'm actually a touch worried. Bard always struck me as the sort of champion that the second he sniffs 50% win rate or better he would become pick/ban in competitive.

pretty sure he isn't

Phew.

Ivern nerfs when

Already some on PBE, though I don't think they hit the mark in any meaningful way. The most effective nerf, at least in terms of general idea, was the increase in the time he takes to cap a camp, but that was removed for reasons I can't possible understand.

The only bad thing about LAN are the ISP, lots of laggy players due bad services like Telmex refusing to update their infrastructure

So long as Tahm Kench isn't a Vastaya I'm happy...

because his lore implies he's the devil, which is goddamn great.

I am surprised Tham isnt, so far he just talks too much

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, there's no telling, he's a weirdo catfish man and vastayans are antropomorphic animals, but doesn't necessarily mean every antropomorphic animal is a vastayan. i think there's room in league for that

or maybe there's some vastayan in him, but there's something else too that turned him into that weird folk tale creature?

i mean, there's no telling, he's a weirdo catfish man and vastayans are antropomorphic animals, but doesn't necessarily mean every antropomorphic animal is a vastayan. i think there's room in league for that

or maybe there's some vastayan in him, but there's something else too that turned him into that weird folk tale creature?

Maybe humans not know about the Vastayan being a race on first place but different creatures, or simply Riot is making the world as get go since they are adding pieces to the table and let them fit for iself because Lore

Newt

I've recently been trying to get back to Diamond after getting decayed after not playing for a month on accident. It really has felt impossible recently LOL. So hard to carry :x
Oh yes, I would for would love more diamond players in GAF. Are you on NA, I'm on the only diamond on NA atm :(.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe humans not know about the Vastayan being a race on first place but different creatures, or simply Riot is making the world as get go since they are adding pieces to the table and let them fit for iself because Lore
i think rito is mostly building up grounds for lore and story to develop in the future, while leaving gaps for players to fill because that's fun and interesting

i feel like a big part of what's cool about league is that kind of everything goes as far as characters, so restricting themselves to "anything animalistic is a vastayan" is very uncharacteristic of the game. on the other hand, it's cool that ahri is not like a random fox lady, but she now has a race and a background and stuff. same with wukong and nami and such

but for some characters like tahm kench it's better if it remains a mystery

i wonder about soraka and alistar too, and maybe rammus?

(btw i take this opportunity to fervently say: fuck rammus)

DC people are messing my matches, three loses in a row due laggy allies

i think rito is mostly building up grounds for lore and story to develop in the future, while leaving gaps for players to fill because that's fun and interesting

i feel like a big part of what's cool about league is that kind of everything goes as far as characters, so restricting themselves to "anything animalistic is a vastayan" is very uncharacteristic of the game. on the other hand, it's cool that ahri is not like a random fox lady, but she now has a race and a background and stuff. same with wukong and nami and such

but for some characters like tahm kench it's better if it remains a mystery

i wonder about soraka and alistar too, and maybe rammus?

(btw i take this opportunity to fervently say: fuck rammus)

I wonder what will happen to Soraka since WW history got retconned and Soraka would still be a forest deity so her current model is not canon anymore.

Alistar could be a imprisoned vastayan. Rammus and Skarmer can be vastayan easily, just desertic.

zkylon

zkylewd
skarner probably not since he comes from a race of scorpion ppl from another planet that lived in a cave for a billion years or some dumb shit like that lol

rammus i think riot are not gonna elaborate cos his character is more fun if he remains weird and mysterious

no idea about soraka, haven't read all of warwick's new lore but i think they retconned their relationship out (and warwick is most definitely not vaskayan) so idk

soraka might be some weirdo lunar goat lady and nothing more to it

alistar does really sound like a vaskayan candidate. i bet he'll look fucking sick whenever he gets reworked to be less generic

I remember soraka had a celestial form I think is her third skin, saved WW , forest gods gave her goat form as punishment.

Well the entire Shurima was retconned, Skarmer race are from earth. yay I guess

zkylon

zkylewd
Adaptive Helm (new)
Total cost lowered from 2800 to 2650g.
Magic resist lowered from 70 to 55
Unique Passive effect increased from 15% to 20%
Unique Passive effect duration lowered from 5 seconds to 3 seconds

much better

also ad item changes on pbe, nothing seems extremely meaningful at a glance

also they gutted amumu's new passive on pbe? maybe he's super op?

Adaptive Helm (new)
Total cost lowered from 2800 to 2650g.
Magic resist lowered from 70 to 55
Unique Passive effect increased from 15% to 20%
Unique Passive effect duration lowered from 5 seconds to 3 seconds

much better

also ad item changes on pbe, nothing seems extremely meaningful at a glance

also they gutted amumu's new passive on pbe? maybe he's super op?
Now thats far more reasonable.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like the banshee changes too, more ap less mr is good for midlane

i think they should invert the names tho, it's really weird

zkylon

zkylewd
C9Fo7YaUIAE0c6r.jpg:large

rip riot

FoxSpirit

This still is sad for Ahri since her W counts as 3 single target spells. Also, does the reduction as deduct from true damage? As in, will Ahris return Orb hit be affected too?

drawkcaB

Phew, rough night. Team was completely outmatched in the first two games. Third was closer but the game turned on a pair of awful mistakes and some really questionable itemization. At least in that match I did well as jungle Tahm.

The second match I did jungle Renekton again and it actually went ok, the team otherwise being awful notwithstanding. That's two Renekton jungle games were things went well, but none of the lanes were able to win. I had similar issues when trying out other junglers. I don't know, I think it's actually going quite well when I play him, but if the matchmaking Gods decide to keep throwing this shit at me like they did whenever I played Gragas, well...

EDIT: Naturally, I queue up as support Tahm the very next game and my team is fucking godlike. For some reason in the past two weeks or so every Lee Sin I played with or against just goes off big time.

Leezard

PBE stuff

Runaans got a huge buff.

Also, it seems like Rapid Firecannon and Statikk Shiv stacks again. The new Energize passive on RFC implies it.

zkylon

zkylewd
E7FUbpC.png

rip haha

honestly i feel quite a bit below the level of d3s and d4s, tho d5s are super random so who cares, playing against them every game now so it's a bit of a struggle

diamond players are so toxic tho, holy shit you didn't see anything like this in low plat

Leezard

Monthly reminder that op.gg does not have an actual mmr calculator. The have a guesstimate based on what people you play with. Duo play makes this even more inaccurate than it already is since you get an artificial mmr boost due to the communication advantage -> you face higher ranked opponents.

The best reliable estimator should be your LP gains and losses compared to your rank. For example, I get +17/-17 in D4 right now, so I have D4 mmr.

Newt

Monthly reminder that op.gg does not have an actual mmr calculator. The have a guesstimate based on what people you play with. Duo play makes this even more inaccurate than it already is since you get an artificial mmr boost due to the communication advantage -> you face higher ranked opponents.

The best reliable estimator should be your LP gains and losses compared to your rank. For example, I get +17/-17 in D4 right now, so I have D4 mmr.

Yeah, I posted this on the last page, it's ridiculous.

E7FUbpC.png

rip haha

honestly i feel quite a bit below the level of d3s and d4s, tho d5s are super random so who cares, playing against them every game now so it's a bit of a struggle

diamond players are so toxic tho, holy shit you didn't see anything like this in low plat
Yeah, diamond is much more toxic. Mostly d5 players tho.

zkylon

zkylewd

yeah i'm just having fun

i won next game and dropped 50 mmr according to op.gg lol

JQ3BEEt.png

then again most of my games tonight have been against mid diamond players so idk

Yeah, diamond is much more toxic. Mostly d5 players tho.
mostly d3 in my experience

zkylon

zkylewd
s6pcbm1zyacs5mfs6ib6.jpg

holy shit mei nendo is so much better than tracer nendo

the fuck u doing rito

I agree with Newt. D5 (and plat 1 by extension) is the worst. People generally care less the more you climb from there.
just my experience from the past few days of lots of d3s being surprisingly toxic

like mass pinging all caps screaming freaking out like the worst of em

had a warwick question what i do every single minute cos he got a platinum player on his game

i never understand people that flame because i'm lower elo than them. if i'm playing with u it's because your elo is poop and if it's just bad matchmaking and you're that much better than me then carry me

shame shame shame

Leezard

We got some clarification on how RFC and Shiv will stack:

https://np.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/64m8sl/410_pbe_update/dg3jhjc/?context=10000

Rapid Firecannon
Damage on energized attack changed from [50-160] to [50-120]
[new effect] Attacks become Energized 25% faster.

Wait wait wait. Does this work with Warlord's Bloodlust?

Yes, that should work with Warlord's Bloodlust. For that matter, it works with Statikk Shiv if you buy both.

Which proc takes precedence between RFC and SS?

You get the better damage amount, plus all the special properties of both items. With the PBE changes, that means you get Shiv's damage, which charges faster, has bonus range, can hit towers, can crit, does more damage to minions.

Ah, so the damage doesn't stack, but everything else does.

just my experience from the past few days of lots of d3s being surprisingly toxic

like mass pinging all caps screaming freaking out like the worst of em

had a warwick question what i do every single minute cos he got a platinum player on his game

i never understand people that flame because i'm lower elo than them. if i'm playing with u it's because your elo is poop and if it's just bad matchmaking and you're that much better than me then carry me

shame shame shame
Stuff like that sucks.

Top Bottom