• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
Why does Ivern brush block all vision on Baron? Who thought this was okay?

i think they're making it so that you can't hide baron in brush but brush in the baron pit will still block vision of the inside area (2009 league style)

but yeah, questionable heh

zkylon

zkylewd
i think inven came closer to a non traditional jungler than any other riot attempt like graves or kindred, so i like him even if he's pretty bullshit. i think triming away his most abusive cases like being able to hide baron is a good start, and i think he has far too much gank pressure for the kind of champion he is, and daisy should probably have a longer downtime (EVERYTHING IN THE GAME SHOULD RIGHT NOW) but idk why ppl would ask rito to olaf champions, that's never good

hey guys

stupid question but my bro's account got hijacked, suspended, and it looks like someone's been playing it for months.

He contacted riot support, anything he should be prepared to give?

zkylon

zkylewd
hey guys

stupid question but my bro's account got hijacked, suspended, and it looks like someone's been playing it for months.

He contacted riot support, anything he should be prepared to give?

they'll probably ask him some stuff to validate he's the real owner of the account

things like first champions he bought, who he frequently plays with, etc.

my friend had something similar happen to him (my friend was a big idiot tho) and they returned the account tho he didn't get any of the ip/rp that was spent already, but riot support was pretty quick about it

they'll probably ask him some stuff to validate he's the real owner of the account

things like first champions he bought, who he frequently plays with, etc.

my friend had something similar happen to him (my friend was a big idiot tho) and they returned the account tho he didn't get any of the ip/rp that was spent already, but riot support was pretty quick about it

that's good to hear that it will be fast, my bro doesn't play the game anymore but would like to keep the option open to play it with friends. fortunately, because he had his email verified they couldn't change the password or email address.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The idea of alternate means of jungling is neat. Like...when you pick Ivern and realize how different it is I can see the appeal, but his timing came in while Riot was trying to make the creep camps more engaging and dangerous to reel in gank heavy junglers who took no damage from camps. And the tradeoff is...??? Also, Daisy lasting for 60 seconds is a tremendous joke or something and is not how ultimate abilities should work in this game. How is this even supposed to be played around?

zkylon

zkylewd
The idea of alternate means of jungling is neat. Like...when you pick Ivern and realize how different it is I can see the appeal, but his timing came in while Riot was trying to make the creep camps more engaging and dangerous to reel in gank heavy junglers who took no damage from camps. And the tradeoff is...??? Also, Daisy lasting for 60 seconds is a tremendous joke or something and is not how ultimate abilities should work in this game. How is this even supposed to be played around?
yeah that's all really fair, and you gotta wonder what will ivern look like after he's dealt with, whatever that means

drawkcaB

Gonna try Alistar support for the first time ever. This is going to be a disaster =P

EDIT:

Uhhhh...goddamn.

Things I learned today: you can whiff a solid 1/3 or more of your Headbutt->Pulverize Combos and still make it out just fine. Like..really, really whiff them. I eventually realized that I would randomly hold down W then press Q. Started holding down Q after the headbutt goes out and it became much more reliable. Gonna have to run into practice mode until I get it down ~100%.

(I was paired with a really good S6 plat Kalista, I'm sure that made a huge difference, but I'll take the win anyways).

Why must support have so many more viable and interesting types of champions than jungle?

On a completely unrelated note, could you play some Skarner games and op.gg record them? The matches I spectate through lolnexus.com always turn out to be fucking clown fiestas and the amount of good player with Skarner videos on youtube is slim pickings.

Why must support have so many more viable and interesting types of champions than jungle?

:^) They've got to do something to entice people to play support :^)

Why does Ivern brush block all vision on Baron? Who thought this was okay?

I agree. If they make it like Zkylon says and have the brush just black vision into the pit (but you can still see him in there with a ward or something) I'd like that better.

The vision thing should come with 7.8 IIRC

I don't understand why Riot hasn't disabled Xerath yet, the exploit is fucking nasty and seems easy to do.

that's what I did

Acer Predator 1440p 144hz IPS G-Sync monitor

i7 7700K
16 GB DDR4 3000 RAM
GTX 1080 Ti
512GB Intel PCI-E SSD
2 TB HDD
NZXT H440 case
Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler

JulianImp

I have enough points to buy a new champ but I also should buy some runes but fuck runes what should I do?

You probably should get the rank-3 102 ip runes and 512 ip quints for starters and go from there, or at least get the inferior rank-2 ones for 1 ip each if you really can't afford the better ones. There're several types of runes that don't have a cheaper counterpart though (some quints, and also per-level stat boost runes), but you should get by fine with basic sets.

Like, for AP champs you'll probably take AP quints and mpen reds, while for adcs you might want AD quints and reds (or AS, but those cost 410 ip a pop), and both pages would be fine with flat armor yellows and mr blues. After you get more rune pages you probably should start building more specific pages (ie: six cooldown reduction per level blues for some champs so you only need 30% cdr from items, or health per level yellows and armor reds for full tanks). Riot does 2x1 rune page sales every now and then, so I'd suggest that you save 6300 ip up and keep it around in case they announce another sale.

Newt

I don't why, but matchmaking has been so messed up for me.

d65a8c0b72698146f3ba938ba50843ee.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I already owned them, also The Witcher 3 is great???? I have so many other games I want to play on this thing as well. Back to DOOM, some racing games etc.

and yeah Hitman is sick

you know which pc game is rad

league of legends

maybe now you'll get a smooth framerate on the new client lol

zkylon

zkylewd
2581731c6273b456.jpg

master yi art is good

That moment when the new client is so bad you need a gtx 1080ti to even run it smoothly.
it's not "so bad", it's just bad atm

it's riot so it'll be great, eventually, probably later than one would hope but it'll get there

it's got replays which is nice, but that's got little to do with it

Leezard

LP gains are pretty normal. I dodged a match earlier, and it was the same thing, bunch of d1 masters.

Seems half-weird. +21 LP does imply your mmr is a bit higher than your current rank though. I think 17-18 LP is the range when mmr equals rank.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
why is xerath not disabled yet

what the fuck riot

you'll disable random characters due to obscure bugs but leave him up with this gamebreaking exploit for several days without even a mention

gj

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i like the yi splash cos he kind of looks like a girl in it

it already ran really well for me. Some spikes in champion select when champs are picked, but this thing eats it up
lol poor costy

enjoy ur new computer, friendo

why is xerath not disabled yet

what the fuck riot

you'll disable random characters due to obscure bugs but leave him up with this gamebreaking exploit for several days without even a mention

gj
yeah, that's weird

he hasn't spiked in popularity but his banrate is certainly higher (still really low) and it's not like you'd hurt that many players by just disabling him while they work a hotfix

probably wouldn't be a big deal since their internal 7.8 cycle is already over, so it's not like the hotfix would get in the way of that

kind of strange, tho i haven't seen the bug to know how game breaking or easy to reproduce it is

Top Bottom