• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Yeah, I gotta side with Tizoc here. That comp is like the thing of nightmares for Yi. Every single opponent has some form of CC they can use against him.

Lux binding
Elise cocoon
Janna tornado and ult
Vayne condemn
Riven stun

Like. Seriously. Philip just did a great job snowballing and was likely one or two shotting people in the mid to late game there lol. Also some of that CC just wait it out THEN Q and you're good.

On the one hand, yeah he prob. timed his engage, baited their cc then went in and penta-ed, but I'd assume at Phillip's ELO there would be players who know all of Yi's tricks that they'd CC him to hell in back.
Lux stun, followed by Elise Stun, Followed by Riven stun, actually just by the time elise stun comes up Yi's dead.

Jeff-DSA

Mechanically I'm good with Jinx, better than with most ADCs, but I'm bad at really pushing my team to win and take towers at my power spikes. That might be better if I duo queued, I don't know. I was a boss with Miss Fortune until she fell so hard out of the meta that it was a troll move to pick her. I can do well with Graves, Caitlyn, Lucian, and Sivir.

I'll take Jinx if she's open though. She's just so fun to play.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
On the one hand, yeah he prob. timed his engage, baited their cc then went in and penta-ed, but I'd assume at Phillip's ELO there would be players who know all of Yi's tricks that they'd CC him to hell in back.
Lux stun, followed by Elise Stun, Followed by Riven stun, actually just by the time elise stun comes up Yi's dead.

Even in Plat people can't coordinate CC that well. Yi and Rengar stomp solo queue because everyone is off on their own without any direction.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Even in Plat people can't coordinate CC that well. Yi and Rengar stomp solo queue because everyone is off on their own without any direction.
That reminds me, I have yet to play with a full team that has voice chat. I wonder if that would help or just completely destroy friendships, like Mario party.

drawkcaB

Given similar skill levels I don't see why Rumble should have an easy time against Yi. Yi's kit has quite a bit of similarity with other champions who tend give Rumble fits. I've never seen this match-up in person, but I'd go so far as to say Yi should have the edge.

I was playing with a Bronze friend so elo was skewed likely. They rarely hit me with their skillshots. If one looked like it was going to hit I could Q or lash over it. Wasn't really hard.

You still have gems. Yi can never take that.
I wouldn't be so sure
2899539100000578-0-im41p3i.jpg

Fuck you, Hollywood

Leezard

Niiiice, can't wait for the new features, most importantly actual ultimate timers

5.14 next week, I hope?

Skins are starting to get splash arts on PBE, so next week seems plausible.

Indeed, we finally get ult timers. Enemy death timers on screen are good too.

Oh, and, let's not forget ally summoner spell timers. Finally.

Tizoc

Yi Qs while your stun is mid air and then you have nothing

Nah see you got 2 situations
1- Yi has ult on and is running towards you, so taric walks up to him while your adc goes away from taric, boom stun
2- Taric stuns AFTER Yi Qs and then his ass is grass

Nekofrog

Banned
is there a way to see winrates for champions by patch?

really want to see Taric's winrate at the beginning of season 4 (or was it preseason?). he was such a monster back then.

Tizoc

Teemo fucks up Yi yo.

So do Garen and Singed. I once went top as Singed against a Yi, felt bad for the guy as he couldn't do ish to me and I just farmed that lane.
Honestly if their Jungle Shaco had ganked me he would've gotten ahead, but that Shaco kept failing to gank bot and mid XP

garath

I just want two or three ADCs I'm good at so I can not shit the bed when I forced to play there.

The one thing I've noticed is that my early game with Varus tends to be better than with Jinx even though the end-of-match numbers are the same. It's a general trend I've noticed in all my ADC games. I'll keep up in farm with the opposing ADC during laning phase, but steadily start to lag behind from mid-game onwards. Playing so much jungle and support I gravitate towards objectives at that point in the game, which I think is perfectly fine but unless I won bot lane hard (doesn't happen often) then the opposing ADC outscales me via farm and my team is one bad teamfight away from picking up the L because I can't pump out enough damage. And I think that's why I have better results on Varus. His Q poke pre-fight and utility once the fight starts compensates for me inevitably lagging in farm.

It's along the same lines that I want to try Tristana. A bit more early burst to increase the likelihood of winning early game (if even slightly) and more objective taking power.

Interesting. I think we have the opposite issue. I'm a terrible early game adc. I struggle balancing CS and harass and often end up on the losing end of the trades. However, mid to late game I play very well. Even being 20+ cs behind, I usually team fight well and take objectives intelligently. Jungler mentality helping out there. I also usually catch up in farm, finishing the game with more than the enemy ADC in most cases.

Of course there are times I never recover from the rough early start. Those games are getting fewer and fewer though as I get better with the role. I'm also going even at least in lane more often as well. Sticking with 1-2 champs has helped a lot as well as just learning the lane and the matchups better.

HUD still needs resource cost display as well as ally XP. Several times I wish the jungle waited for me to kill one or two more creeps to hit 6 before he ganks. Mana cost would be very useful to know how many spell rotations I could do.

Or maybe also an option to instead display the number of times or seconds I can keep using a spell before I go OOM.

Nekofrog

Banned
we had some fun games last night. rito needs to turn ranked off globally more often so I can play GP top vs Heimerdinger and make his life hell

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I just wanted to be safe and farm. I might try again if I'm not playing Card Hunter.

Also reminded me how bad it is for starting players to look up champs and builds and not have smite.
Pretty sure the pick rate stats in LoL are for ranked only

League has an average of 27 million daily players, even if you assume they only play one match per day that's like 6~10 million daily games, monthly numbers should be well over a hundred
Ahhh, yeah that would probably explain it, it seemed very low if monthly active meant at least 1 game played.
where are u getting that 35m stat?
LolDB? I couldn't find matches played on other tracking websites.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
League is absolutely awful for new players starting out. Getting my smurf to level 30 on LAN confirmed this. You have no champs, no runes, barely any useful summoners and an awful tutorial system.

Bacon

League is absolutely awful for new players starting out. Getting my smurf to level 30 on LAN confirmed this. You have no champs, no runes, barely any useful summoners and an awful tutorial system.

Yeah it's dumb. They should just let everyone have 30 mastery points at least.

Oh yeah, when I was leveling my acount I would play with level 30 friends so. When ever you get put in a mirror match, and the other person is a higher level or has runes it is impossible to trade early. I finally got an ap and ad rune page a few months back, and it makes a world of difference.

Bossun

Then imagine me as I am trying to begin the game, I have like 3 match in my history.
I'm doing player vs AI, intro, like really starting from the beginning and playing with experienced player on their 2nd acc is a pain in the ass and not fun at all. And you don't learn shit on top of all.

That's the kind of shit that could make me just not try to play this game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Then imagine me as I am trying to begin the game, I have like 3 match in my history.
I'm doing player vs AI, intro, like really starting from the beginning and playing with experienced player on their 2nd acc is a pain in the ass and not fun at all. And you don't learn shit on top of all.

That's the kind of shit that could make me just not try to play this game.
Yeah I mean I already knew what kind of game it was going to be from pick screen so I tried not to feed and play semi utility kalista and pick at their weak players (Yi and Varus) and have Fizz kill me (tactical feed) while Yi flanked for cleanup after I would rend Fizz before dying.

It helps I have moba experience and watched a good chunk of Pro games, but I was 1v2 top as Kalista until level 5 so whateverrrrr

garath

oh yay.. back to normals. I asked for jungle and no one said anything.. I was last pick and held off locking in until the last 2 seconds. Then the guy before me picks Reksai without saying anything. Now I'm top Kha'zix against a Heimer. Oh joy.

Bossun

Yeah I mean I already knew what kind of game it was going to be from pick screen so I tried not to feed and play semi utility kalista and pick at their weak players (Yi and Varus) and have Fizz kill me (tactical feed) while Yi flanked for cleanup after I would rend Fizz before dying.

It helps I have moba experience and watched a good chunk of Pro games, but I was 1v2 top as Kalista until level 5 so whateverrrrr

I just did a game with a silver 3, just so you know my level at Lol, I don't even know if that's good, mediocre or in-between.
Anyway, being a complete beginner and on top lane with him, it was extremely boring and frustrating, I'm still getting accustomed to the gameplay, the attacks, the timing to give the minions the last hit, basically everything.

And here I am with an exp player taking all the kills because, well he knows how to play well, stealing all the minions because he knows better than I do the damage he deals and when to attack, stealing the AI kills too.

In two words: Ultimate shit.

Edit: worst part is, the guy was talking to another player saying how he is silver 3 yada yada yada and how this account is to troll...

Tizoc

oh yay.. back to normals. I asked for jungle and no one said anything.. I was last pick and held off locking in until the last 2 seconds. Then the guy before me picks Reksai without saying anything. Now I'm top Kha'zix against a Heimer. Oh joy.

You should've swapped, I'd Reksai has a better chance of dealing with a heimer with her underground burying and poking with underground Q

Edit: worst part is, the guy was talking to another player saying how he is silver 3 yada yada yada and how this account is to troll...
Yeah just don't listen to people that are just talking crap. Just muted them.
Who are you trying to learn right now, or are you just trying to get the mechanics down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom