• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LEAK] 2010 Warner's titles (FEAR3, Scribblenauts2, new Batman ...)

GWX

Scribblenauts 2 PC is awesome.
Don't know what to expect from Batman, need to know the developer first.

FEAR 3? I thought Monolith was doing something different... Well, please be good (read: better than the second game). The sequel was solid, but too short and not as enjoyable, at least for me. The first one impressed me a lot, with great combat mechanics, AI and atmosphere.

this

ASUS-Eee-PC-T91MT-PU17-WT-Tablet-White-Netbook.jpg

+ Scribblenauts 2 PC

= Love :D

FLEABttn said:
Dear Monolith: Please make the shotgun in FEAR 3 act like the shotgun in FEAR 1. It felt terribly gimp in FEAR 2. Also, dedicated servers please.
And let me lean this time.

Damn traitors.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Taker666 said:
They could always include the option to allow you to use the DS as the controller for the Wii game.
Or make use of the fact the Wii can use a USB keyboard.

Well, hopefully the PC version of scribble releases well after the others. This is the type of game that will be pirated to shit on the platform.

Tucah

you speak so well
I was disappointed with the first Scribblenauts due to the terrible controls, but a PC version has me very interested.

Somnid

If they can clean up Scibblenauts on Wii they'll have a great game. The original concept was great but the execution could be a lot better.

dr_rus

FEAR2 wasn't great but it was alright. I actually liked it more than the first (the first one was too repetitive for my taste). So kinda want I guess.

dr_rus said:
FEAR2 wasn't great but it was alright. I actually liked it more than the first (the first one was too repetitive for my taste). So kinda want I guess.

I got really bored about halfway through.... enjoyed the first parts but then it just got dull.

They need to make it look a hell of a lot better too...

faridmon

dr_rus said:
no no no, FEAR 1 was absolutely phenominal, great and innovative AI, great Horror element and the atmosphere was great. Not to mention the weapon felt like they had some omph to it. FEAR 2 felt rtealy shallow and the AI was actually underdevolped compared to the FEAR1.

also the ending was the most WTF ending of the video game history. Screw that game, i hate it because of the ending.

WTF.

Pachimari

Can someone post the list in here? The link shows nothing and I can't seem to find it at the website. =/

EDIT: found it.

Troidal

F.E.A.R.2 was decent, but they can't keep throwing obscure endings every single game.

I felt like the series has exhausted itself, not just with its gameplay (which wasn't as good as F.E.A.R.1) but especially the story.

I just started Batman Arkham Asylum! :lol Just cuz it was highly acclaimed, making a sequel in a year is risky business, but I guess that's how this industry (always) rolls.

ArjanN

Grecco said:
Another Fear makes me sad. It means we wont have another NOLF any time soon.

I think FEAR 2 is underrated. The single-player Reborn DLC was good too.

I liked both NOLF games but I'm pretty sure developing a new NOLF game would be a good way to lose money.

I think Shogo 2 is way more likely. Condemned series sadly might be dead in the water because 2 didn't sell that well. (And never came to PC, boooo!)

Looking forward to FEAR 3.

faridmon said:
no no no, FEAR 1 was absolutely phenominal, great and innovative AI, great Horror element and the atmosphere was great. Not to mention the weapon felt like they had some omph to it. FEAR 2 felt rtealy shallow and the AI was actually underdevolped compared to the FEAR1.

also the ending was the most WTF ending of the video game history. Screw that game, i hate it because of the ending.

WTF.

Liar. Who do you lie?
The ending was awesome.

The ending alone made the game worth it.

And the AI in FEAR 1 is wasn't really better than FEAR 2, FEAR 2 was just easier, which made them seem dumber.

Wait, did people actually think an Arkham Asylum sequel was coming from an entirely different publisher and titled the same as the 70s-throwback cartoon currently airing?

ShockingAlberto said:
Wait, did people actually think an Arkham Asylum sequel was coming from an entirely different publisher and titled the same as the 70s-throwback cartoon currently airing?
Neither the title of this thread nor the first post mention "The Brave and the Bold" and the link in the first post no longer works, so what did you expect?

People come into a thread knowing nothing other than "new Batman..." and it's not like it's unthinkable the publishing rights could revert to Warner.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
steverulez said:
Lord Of The Rings RPG next year? Oooohh... Looking forward to that.
It's rumored to be from Snowblind and titled War in the North.

faridmon

ArjanN said:

I liked both NOLF games but I'm pretty sure developing a new NOLF game would be a good way to lose money.

I think Shogo 2 is way more likely. Condemned series sadly might be dead in the water because 2 didn't sell that well. (And never came to PC, boooo!)

Looking forward to FEAR 3.

Liar. Who do you lie?
The ending was awesome.

The ending alone made the game worth it.

And the AI in FEAR 1 is wasn't really better than FEAR 2, FEAR 2 was just easier, which made them seem dumber.
getting raped by Alma is just wrong however you see it

Dyno

ArjanN said:

Me too! I thought FEAR 2 was a fine shooter and Reborn was great for the overall story.

No word on Condemned 3 huh? That series still has potential, they just need to do away with some of the new fight mechanics they added in the second game.

DigiMish

WTF? F.E.A.R. 3 over SHOGO 2. C'mon, Monolith. I would even take Condemned 3, but F.E.A.R. 3... really? REALLY?

Unless Monolith really does something drastic with the franchise, it's totally going to get lost, even more so than F.E.A.R. 2 did.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BattleMonkey said:
FEAR 3 better be something amazing because 2 totally missed the magic the first one had.

imo FEAR 2 > FEAR 1

better controls , better levels , better actions , better characters , better AI , better everything.

DigiMish

Totobeni said:
imo FEAR 2 > FEAR 1

better controls , better levels , better actions , better characters , better AI , better everything.

No way dude - FEAR 2 was so forgettable. Plus, they got rid of the cool melee actions completely for no reason.

Penguin

I wouldn't mind a game based on the Brave and the Bold if they can keep the tone of the show.

Sadly, it seems like it will be one of those games catered for a very young audience.

Drek

Metal Gear?! said:
Neither the title of this thread nor the first post mention "The Brave and the Bold" and the link in the first post no longer works, so what did you expect?
People on a video game forum not to be outright idiots and know that Eidos is owned by Square Enix, neither of which are afiliated with Warner Bros. and that Rocksteady, the developer, has had the only two games they've made published by Eidos.

People come into a thread knowing nothing other than "new Batman..." and it's not like it's unthinkable the publishing rights could revert to Warner.
Even if they did revert it doesn't mean Rocksteady would make it, that it'd be based on the same engine and/or game play mechanics, etc..

I don' think its too much to expect some basic industry knowledge on a video game forum. I know that when I saw this thread my thought was "Warner is going to try and piggy back off Arkham with some mediocre churn job".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Totobeni said:
imo FEAR 2 > FEAR 1

More like worse everything, except the graphics and overall presentation, which is a no-brainer considering it's on a more powerful engine. Actually, that and improved enemy variety and location variety.

Otherwise I was so underwhelmed by FEAR 2 I wish I had never bought it. I'm not hopeful for FEAR 3 as it seems pretty clear Monoloth are going in a direction I dont favour.

Totobeni said:
imo FEAR 2 > FEAR 1

Better controls? On PC they were pretty much identical, don't know about those years later console abortions though. The levels were just as boring as original fear, just more color. Featured same insanely large building interiors that take forever to get through.

Characters? Some of the most forgettable generic soldiers in a game, not any change of pace from last one. I kept not caring when another one died since it was so meaningless story wise.

The AI was in no way better, and in pretty much every way got dumber some how. FEAR 1 had some of the best ai ever for a FPS, this game pretty much went with a run straight at you mentality of waves of enemies.

The only cool thing about fear 2 was mecha. The story was so forgettable and laughable ending. The multiplayer was also pretty throw away and just felt extremely off.

Blizzard

Banned
abstract alien said:
Well, hopefully the PC version of scribble releases well after the others. This is the type of game that will be pirated to shit on the platform.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. ;_; The DS Scribblenauts was pirated before release, and I PERSONALLY knew people who did it, or had siblings who did it. Please no 3-month delay so everyone loses interest.

I am happy to hear it's apparently coming to the PC, but it's interesting there's also the DS version. I thought 5th Cell wasn't doing any more DS development. I guess Warner Brothers thought it made enough money even though it didn't reach the NPD top 10.

Anyway, if you make a decent (Steam?) PC version, Jackson, you will have done well. Of course, you won't be commenting since you're probably under NDA's right now. :lol
mail me a hat too

Parl

Tucah said:
I was disappointed with the first Scribblenauts due to the terrible controls, but a PC version has me very interested.
They have to improve the engine for the PC version too as the cursor would just act as what you touch on the DS and would have the exact same problems. If they're going to fix the controls for the PC version, then they'll fix them for the DS too as you, it's probably going to be the same game.

Top Bottom