• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak? Middle Earth: Shadow of War [Box Art, Game Details, tons of DLC]

What do you think the "Gold War Chest" is for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
If this is true, I wonder who would be lead designer since Jonh Gonzalez is at Guerrilla now.

The first one had a solid premise but a pretty thin storyline, hopefully this time they can expand things and make a proper ending...

Jaraghan

In. Highly enjoyed the first one. I loved the progression from being some regular ranger to becoming a badass orc killing Terminator.

SxP

Despite the faults of the first game, I had a lot of fun with it. Hopefully they can fix some of those shortcomings and create a more unique quests and such to really improve upon the base of the first game.

RoKKeR

I forgot that the first game was partially shackled by it being a cross gen title... I'm excited to see what they've come up with for this one.

Day 1. Im all over this. Loved the first one.

Man, this is turning out to be a hell of a year for gaming.

Yeah if this is a 2017 game, which I'm assuming it must be, this year is just insane. And we still have titles that will be announced over the next few months.

2017 is very likely going to be the best software year of this gen so far

I know a lot of people are really excited about this, but as a fan of both Lord of the Rings and Monolith, this is pretty much the worst possible news to me. I miss the Monolith that made Blood, FEAR, Condemned, Shogo, AvP 2, etc. It kills me to see they're stuck making these generic "AAA" open world Batman Arkham clones with all of the worst of Ubisoft's patented open world trappings. Then again, I also hate that the Arkham games past Asylum went open world as opposed to being somewhat of a Metroidvania. Honestly, I just want a sequel to EA's Return of the King.

Staf

I liked Shadow of mordor despite not really liking lord of the rings. Looks like it's the same protagonist again, that's a shame since he was so damn bland and boring. Medievel Aiden Pearce.

Cartho

mM5Jw.gif

Tagyhag

It's funny that no other game used the Nemesis system afterwards, it's been enough time for games to start coming out with it as well. If this is real, I hope it still retains it.

Loxley

I know it mentions Mordor in the description, but I have to think that we'll be able to venture out into other parts of Middle-earth aside from Rhûn this time around. Gondor, Rohan, Harad, and Rhovanion all border with Mordor - so fingers crossed we'll be able to visit some of those places.

In for the Gold Edition. I loved SoM and spent countless hours playing - my biggest gripe was that there wasn't more content to consume.

Hopefully the date is accurate too, an August release would be perfect.

Astral Dog

bought MESoM the other day for $7.

Felt it wasn't worth it 😔 very ugly and repetitive.

Maybe this sequel is much improved.god knows LotR world deserves a great game

xRaizen

Oh god please not Talion again

He was so boring and Troy Baker made no effort with his voice that he just sounded like generic game protagonist #2326451

oti

Banned
bought MESoM the other day for $7.

Felt it wasn't worth it 😔 very ugly and repetitive.

Maybe this sequel is much improved.god knows LotR world deserves a great game

SoM to me was a game that wasn't instantly fun. I had to put some hours in before it got rewarding. And I enjoyed being overpowered in the second half. Felt like my effort paid off.

dukeoflegs

Oh god please not Talion again

He was so boring and Troy Baker made no effort with his voice that he just sounded like generic game protagonist #2326451

It will be Talion :(
I hope they don't stick with the idea of turning him into one of the Nazgul at the end of the game.

xRaizen

It will be Talion :(
I hope they don't stick with the idea of turning him into one of the Nazgul at the end of the game.

Yep it's definitely going to be Talion and I am not happy about it. I'll still buy the game because I thought SoM was fun especially once you unlocked the second map. But oh well, hopefully they can have an actual good story/ending this time around.

Whompa02

First game was so mundane outside of the nemesis system. Hopefully they add something more to the world itself to make it interesting.

Nemesis system was cool, but my god was that game boring. I want to say it only got all the attention it did because it was an early gen game because I had to force myself to finish it. There is a strong potential for a sequel to be a great game, but there needs to be huge changes

Kalor

I'm interested to see what they do to change this one up. I enjoyed the first game but it needed better environments and mission variety.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Now I'm mad. This looks so generic.
The new Batman game was supposedly greenlit last Summer. Even if they unveiled it now, you would be waiting until Fall 2018 or more likely 2019 to play it.

It would just be one of those staff hiring announcements.

scoobs

Helllll yesssss, I just double dipped on the pc version and was going to play through it again after Horizon! I really hope the batman rumors are true too, love these games

Ashtar

I liked the first one while playing in but in retrospec it had some pretty big issues besides the whole condoning slavery thing:
The combat was not challenging enough so if you were decent you barely even had any nemesis stuff to do, I barely recognized by final nemesis dude, I hope they back away from the arkham combat and make it more slow paced and challenging
They should improve the AI as well so that enemies especially bosses are more aware of their environment.
but a black man in LOTR universe almost has me day 1ing it but ill wait for more info

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fuck yes. The first game was fantastic.

Oddly enough this reminded me we aren't getting an Isolation sequel. And now I'm sad again.

Top Bottom