• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(leak/rumor/grain of salt) FROM Software preparing new Armored Core game

Nickolaidas

From is currently sending out surveys and showing participants gameplay footage with soulslike bosses. In the footage you can see a white mecha fighting against a huge robot boss with a laser sword which looked very soulslike. You could also see in another section the white mecha flying towards others (co-op? MP) in a snow area. There was a big wall gate like architecture which also looked very soulslike.

Source: reddit - GamingLeaksandRumours

Not sure if any of this is legit, but I thought I should post here regardless.

Bartski

Gold Member
not bad if true, but those are screenshots of a notepad

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

EDIT: Team real

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

not bad if true, but those are screenshots of a notepad

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF
Hence the grain of salt. This isn't the first time they said FROM is working on a resurgence of the Armored Core IP.

I'm skeptical, but it's not impossible. Mixing Armored Core with Souls gameplay would be a good compromise to not turn-off the Souls junkies and make them try out AC.

Juza

Fromsoft confirmed that Armored Core is one of their important titles and they're working to resurrect their old titles, and Miyazaki hinted that they are working on Armored Core game even before Sekiro was revealed. I was waiting since then but it seems they were busy with Elden Ring.

I just want a true sequel of Armored Core For Answer

Bartski

Gold Member
Hence the grain of salt. This isn't the first time they said FROM is working on a resurgence of the Armored Core IP.

I'm skeptical, but it's not impossible. Mixing Armored Core with Souls gameplay would be a good compromise to not turn-off the Souls junkies and make them try out AC.

wow... this is coming from the FROMSoft megathread on Era, dude claims he has screenshots but won't post them as they're watermarked. Holy shit.

Bartski

Gold Member
source:
The boss fight looked quite Soulsy - the long range gunfire reminded me of Virtua On, that's my frame of reference, I'm not a mech fan and haven't played any AC games. The player character in a white mech went in close to the bigger robot boss and fought with like an energy or laser sword, this looked Souls-style.
The field gameplay, the player in the same white mech seemed to be following a couple of other players in the distance (co-op?) and they were walking (flying close to the ground maybe) through a snowy area towards either a large wall or gate, this seemed Soulsy too, the vastness of the architecture, but it wasn't a castle more like a worn down metal/stone wall or gate. It was quite short.
The survey listed a choice of titles for the game, so I guess that hasn't been decided on yet. Most of them were Armoured Core: [Something] including just "Armoured Core" and both AC: 6, AC: VI, and other subtitles I can't remember, some of the choices didn't include AC in the name at all.
The boss fight seemed very Souls in terms of speed and style. It looked like an industrial-looking brown room, the player started afar, locked on firing guns, then closed in and attacked melee and the speed/movement all seemed very familiar Souls style. iirc the boss had a domed head and was bigger than the player but not huge. If I had to guess, I'd say this was like an Asylum or Taurus Demon style early boss, obviously total speculation there, but it didn't seem grandious or particularly impressive as an encounter. Boss had a life bar on screen (at the top of the screen iirc) - very simple but it was more red LED-styled, futuristic as you might expect, angular edges on the lifebars rather than straight rectangle.
The second video didn't seem to include any combat, just moving towards this big wall or gate in the snowy area, following either other players or enemies ahead of the player, relatively small in the distance but they had circular 'target' effects on them, perhaps not a target but just identifying them other mechs. The snow reminded me of the Capcom mech game from a while back, just because of the snow.
This boss fight seemed Dark Souls to me rather than Sekiro, when the player got in close the pacing was like attack/dodge/attack. I don't think the player dodge rolled but the boss retaliated and the flow of the combat was familiar in the classic Dark Souls way. The far away gunfire was not Souls like obviously and reminded me of Virtua On as the player was locked on. This was all ground-based.
I know some people are like "Yes! Sci-fi Souls" and others are like "No, I want AC to separate and not just mech-Souls" - but just to say this was short footage of ONE boss fight. There's aerial combat and distance gun-play in the game, so obviously it won't be just mech-Souls. If I had to speculate further, the screenshot of the tall tank boss I would guess was not a melee encounter just due to its size and not being a humanoid mech, it was like a rectangular tall tank with guns, a non-cartoony Metal Slug type thing.

anthony2690

Banned
I would rather they make a new lost Kingdoms game or maybe even a hd remake of both games.

Hopefully the new armoured core game is good though, I've tried a couple of them and have sadly never been able to get into them 2 & for answer I think I've played.

Bartski

Gold Member
It's either real or an account suicide of a dude with 6.8k posts. Easy to vet if those saved screenshots are true

sircaw

Banned
i am not really into these type of games but i remember playing a game called Shogo like many decades ago, was pretty fun.

I want this so badly to be true. The entire mecha genre died so hard, the only games that have continued it are some of the Gundam ones and those are mostly poor. We need a resurgence to be right behind the Nine Ball.

Bragr

Banned
Now this would be interesting, we have enough of Soulsborne, time for something fresh and not just the old worn wheel. Who knows what they could do with a new Armoured Core after all these years.

yurinka

If real they must cancel it and make Bloodborne 2 + Bloodborne PS5 patch instead.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I've been hearing rumors about a new Armored Core for years now so I really hope this time it's true. It's time for Armored Core to return.

FROM said they had two projects being worked on (Elden Ring and one other) so this should be the other one. Please.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Some guys here didn't even read the op post lol.
The seethe cope and dilate at Soulsborne Armoured Core will be hilarious.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The spice must flow. Take the worm pill.

Honestly, it's why I think this is fake. Like who ISN'T going to make that comparison everytime they see that phrase in the game.

. . .just can't see someone like Miyazaki not able to come up with his own MacGuffin.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
FINALLY!!! I bought so many crappy souls games that I didn't even like hoping this day would come!! yessssssss
mr-bison-street-fighter.gif

I'm so happy I'm gonna replay AC on PSX
michaelvelasco-kingvelasco.gif

Top Bottom