• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(leak/rumor/grain of salt) FROM Software preparing new Armored Core game

Fare thee well

Neophyte
It's the perfect time. PGI's publisher just canned all future mechwarrior development per reddit announcement. The already bad mech drought just got worse. We could use this game!

Pejo

Jojo GIF

About damn time. I'd love to see a new AC with modern gameplay and hardware.

Kev Kev

if its going to be an uber difficult game like souls, bloodborne, etc, then i have no interest.

Last edited:
Hope so. It's been a while since we had a good mech game. Then after that they should make a new King's Field. Loved playing those when I was younger. And with Elder Scrolls being exclusive to Xbox and PC going forward, I bet they could rake in a lot of sales on the PS5 and Switch.

They've set their twitter banner to an Armored Core art a couple of years ago.
People thought it was a tease for some new game, but nothing came out of it.

This is what I was referring to:

TheMan

I hope so. I don't think it's even possible to play any of the 360 games on the series s, which is hugely disapponting

Spacefish

This is what I was referring to:

Since that announcement I think some key AC people quit to make daemon x machina, which strikes me as a bit weird if FROM were actively trying to revive AC. I'm guessing whatever he was referring to was cancelled or at least put on hold for many years.

Juza

Since that announcement I think some key AC people quit to make daemon x machina, which strikes me as a bit weird if FROM were actively trying to revive AC. I'm guessing whatever he was referring to was cancelled or at least put on hold for many years.
Well.. not actually "key" people! it's just a PR guy and one of the mech designers. not a big deal.

Last edited:
The comparisons to Virtual-On sound promising - I loved playing those games at Mr. Gatti's as a kid. While I love Souls combat, something closer to the pace of Sekiro seems more appropriate for a mech game focusing on energy swords and long range combat.

Last edited:

reksveks

So back in 2017 IGN interviewed Ty Franck, co-creator and writer of The Expanse, where he mentioned that he did work with FromSoftware on something he couldn't actually discuss due to an NDA.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/03/dark-souls-developers-have-worked-with-the-expanse-writer

So, either this is the project he worked on with them, or there's some other unannounced project.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/0...rking-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

Am I dumb in thinking it's this announcement?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Mobile gacha games make the most money for the least investment, every dev, every team within a dev should make those instead! From Software made Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX after Dark Souls II & Bloodborne. Thanks to Souls they can afford to do what they want.

Is there an AC game that feels like piloting massive walking (or hovering, or wheeled or flying or whatever options) war machines or similar rather than a janky third person shooter where the character is a clunky robot and relies on massive amounts of auto aim while you just dodge like mad?

Other than the customization which in and of itself doesn't really save a game I never understood what people saw in them since the PS1 days and looking at footage of the later entries it seems they didn't deviate from that initial formula, just became a bit less clunky/doubled down on flight.

If they actually tried to make it feel more simy like say, the first couple of Gungriffon games or MechWarrior, that'd totally be my jam, but I doubt they're gonna do that as apparently the series has fans and these games are pretty far from the style they like. Maybe go for ZOE or Gundam style?

Last edited:

Orpheum

There were a bunch of job openings on their site specifically asking for animators for robots so this is very likely true. And i like the idea

Larxia

I don't understand a lot of the replies here, with people being angry at this because they want souls game.
I find it kind of sad, are From Software not allowed to do anything else than souls games anymore? Forever? That's quite limiting. It also seems hugely exagerrated, you have Elden Ring coming out next month, but people are still pissed off by the idea of something different maybe coming out in the future?

Top Bottom