• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Silent Hill from dev meeting

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Black Ink Crew Stop GIF by VH1

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well that reeks of Kojima's version of Decima Engine, could be UE5 though

Naked Lunch

Assuming any of this stuff is real - from the past few years really...
The best of Silent Hills were like indie films with zero hype, no teasers, no hidden promotional campaign.
Thats something reserved for the call of dutys and GTas of the world.
This gives me zero confidence the game will be any good - and whoever is in charge of this nonsense doesnt understand the series in the first place.

...oh and this logo teaser looks like some school 3d modeling project.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't get it, where does that indicate anything about it being SH? Is it the logo? I've never played a SH. 😞

Last edited:
I don't get it, where does that indicate anything about it being SH? Is it the logo? I've never played a SH. 😞

The Silent Hill cult symbol has three dots in it. Overdose also has the same. That's probably why people think it's Silent Hill or Kojima related.

At least there's a date in the video so we'll find out soon if it's BS or not.

Last edited:
Also the guy who leaked re8 info before everyone else.

I just find it odd he didn't know the PS5 version was fine. He made it appear that there would be massive differences between the two platforms which didn't happen.

Edit: I played Village on my PS5 and didn't have any serious issues.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I just find it odd he didn't know the PS5 version was fine. He made it appear that there would be massive differences between the two platforms which didn't happen.

Edit: I played Village on my PS5 and didn't have any serious issues.
Why do you find that odd? It's not that odd. He didn't work on the game. But you expect him to know everything about it? No, it's not odd. What was extremely predictable was how butt hurt some people got when he said the ps5 version was having issues.

SZips

So, which is it? Is this a leak from a developer meeting or a shareholders meeting? Because some are saying it's the one, while others are saying it's the other.

If it's for shareholders, I doubt the validity of this. Why was this the only thing leaked? Why was it presented this way? Shareholder presentations are usually very straightforward with lots of words, lots of financial stuff, and they're usually very plain and direct. You probably aren't going to put a video in a presentation that just has a symbol that many shareholders don't have a single clue about.

If it's for devs, I can maybe see this as being real. Devs would know what that symbol means. Still, why was this the only thing "leaked?" Why go to the trouble of making a video like this at all, be it for devs or shareholders?

I'm definitely leaning more towards this being fake.

Top Bottom