• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ledger fans demand the Joker be retired from film

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrForester said:
Cesar_Romero_Joker.png

I swear that guy, as the Joker, always reminded me of my grandmother.

wRATH2x

Banned
neorej said:
Nolan said it in an interview as part of his repsonse on where the third film would go.

Makes sense too, it's not like he's Paul Anderson or something, the man has made 1 sequel: The Dark Knight. He's not the sequel-kinda guy.
I meant the "Nolan made one Batman film and Begins was necessary" comment,I believe Begins is what he planned and then came up with TDK after The Prestige,Thats what it seems like in most of his interviews.

And I know theres no confirmation that Nolans doing Batman 3,but theres no indication that he wont.

Darklord

Banned
Wrath2X said:
I meant the "Nolan made one Batman film and Begins was necessary" comment,I believe Begins is what he planned and then came up with TDK after The Prestige,Thats what it seems like in most of his interviews.

And I know theres no confirmation that Nolans doing Batman 3,but theres no indication that he wont.

I always asumed that it would be a trilogy after the ending of TDK.

Guzim

Bootaaay said:
Sorry, but the Joker is a bigger deal than Heath Ledger - and 'whether you like it or not', Heath Ledger was the best Joker only in yours, and probably quite a few other peoples opinion, but it's still just opinion and not some indisputable fact like you make it out to be. Personally my favourite on-screen Joker would be the guy from the Batman: Dead End short film, because his performance captured pretty much exactly how i'd always imagined Joker while reading the comics;

jokerdeadend.jpg
Boner from Growing Pains is not the best Joker.

Dyno

The Joker is a signature role that a lot of great actors would like to take a crack at.

Heath elevated the role, showing that its up to radical interpretation.

Other actor in this generation and the next should and will get their chance.

Darko

Dyno said:
The Joker is a signature role that a lot of great actors would like to take a crack at.

Heath elevated the role, showing that its up to radical interpretation.

Other actor in this generation and the next should and will get their chance.

joseph-gordon-levitt-picture-1.jpg

Vinci

Danish
I still think they should've had the cops kill the Joker at the end. I mean, c'mon ... Gotham is a big city and this guy's caused so much trouble and so many deaths, particularly of their own, they're not gonna gut him like a fish while he's helpless?

Right.

Raw64life

I do agree that the Joker shouldn't be in any sequels in the Nolanverse but to retire him from film forever is a little absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom