• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 PS3 on EA site

Paracelsus

Dabanton said:
If you PS3 only Gaffers wanted L4D so badly you would have brought the PC version as i thought all you guys had top notch PC's?

Actually L4D can run just fine on a 3 years old pc.

Thrakier

PS3 can't handle the awesomeness of a five year old engine. Valve said it. So even if EA would want to port it to the PS3, no one could handle it.

Angelus said:
You do know a decent PC can do all that,right? It beats sitting on a forum,hating Valve because they don't want to waste their time with a PS3 port.
I know. I have the PC version of L4D and I don't own a PS3. Just speaking for the comfy couch alternative.

Ryuuga

Banned
I can't believe the thread got this big and it's pretty much built on speculation, asinine assumptions and general crazy talk. Yet there were hardly any replies in the thread about the update coming next week. This could potentially be it's own little "Carnival of Stupid™".

Ryuuga said:
I can't believe the thread got this big and it's pretty much built on speculation, asinine assumptions and general crazy talk. Yet there were hardly any replies in the thread about the update coming next week. This could potentially be it's own little "Carnival of Stupid™".
This is NeoGAF dude.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ryuuga said:
This is NeoGAF (and the Internet at large) dude.

Dabanton said:
If you PS3 only Gaffers wanted L4D so badly you would have brought the PC version as i thought all you guys had top notch PC's?

my 4 year old laptop runs everything on the source engine with everything in medium, with 60 fps's and the card isn't even shader 3.0

your argument is fail.

It's bad enough when everyones bickering over games that are exclusive to one console potentially coming to another - but whenver Valve is involved the bickering, idiocy and general arrogance on display increases 10 fold. Congratulations, PC GAF.

Lagunamov

Bootaaay said:
It's bad enough when everyones bickering over games that are exclusive to one console potentially coming to another - but whenver Valve is involved the bickering, idiocy and general arrogance on display increases 10 fold. Congratulations, PC GAF.
So true

Dabanton

kazuma_pt said:
my 4 year old laptop runs everything on the source engine with everything in medium, with 60 fps's and the card isn't even shader 3.0

your argument is fail.

My 'top notch' comment was tongue in cheek, it was a play on the usual tedious comments in 360/PC game threads

epmode

Bootaaay said:
GAF is especially hot for Valve stuff because of Gabe's comments on PS3 development. I'd imagine that it's similar to Nintendo threads back in the N64/Gamecube days but I don't remember that well.

_Angelus_

Banned
ThaiGrocer said:
I know. I have the PC version of L4D and I don't own a PS3. Just speaking for the comfy couch alternative.

Good man.:D
And to those reading my comment,it wasn't mean to be a dig at you guys. Because I use to be in the same boat,where I wouldn't want to even touch a PC for gaming. But its the wrong mentality to have to be honest,gaming on a PC is very fun and quite easy,and it beats waiting ages for a port for your console. Stop denying yourself such sweetness. and join the club,its not really expensive either when you consider all that you invest in one/two/ or even three consoles over the next 5 years. Probably less hardware failure rates also.

decon

Everytime I hear the "old pc can run it" argument I wonder if it's just my PC that's awful for a 3 year old pc... I can't run L4D with a stable 60fps on medium settings that's for sure.

epmode

"A 3 year old PC" can mean many, many different things. And there's a difference between running a game and running a game at a stable 60 FPS.

Zzoram

kazuma_pt said:

your argument is fail.

His argument is that a lot of PS3 fans claim PS3+PC is the best combo, so theoretically they should have L4D on PC. What he is also implying is that, the PS3 people don't actually have a PC to play those Xbox 360/PC games, and therefore were full of it when they stated it as a reason to not get an Xbox 360 in addition to a PS3.

decon said:
Everytime I hear the "old pc can run it" argument I wonder if it's just my PC that's awful for a 3 year old pc... I can't run L4D with a stable 60fps on medium settings that's for sure.

"Any old PC" around here usually means a PC specifically built for gaming.

An average PC sold 3 years ago can't run l4d at 60 fps. Hell the average pc sold today (with integrated graphics), can't run it at 60 fps.

Zzoram

wayward archer said:

An average PC sold 3 years ago can't run l4d at 60 fps. Hell the average pc sold today (with integrated graphics), can't run it at 60 fps.

Nobody actually thinks that 3 year old integrated graphics can run anything. 3 years old clearly means 3 year old midrange gaming PC or better.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
kazuma_pt said:

your argument is fail.
Seriously? Damn I wish there was an L4D demo so I could see how it ran. I know I can get a pretty consistent 30fps with Half Life 2.

EA port Ill bet...

Not that I am interested, but the Orange box was not as bad a port as many seem to indicate...it was perfectly playable and enjoyable

KillJade

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
EA port Ill bet...

Not that I am interested, but the Orange box was not as bad a port as many seem to indicate...it was perfectly playable and enjoyable

QFT. I'd even go so far as to say it was one of the most enjoyable ports I've played this gen.

1-D_FTW

It seems kind of ridiculous for this not to be on PS3. Putting the team immediately on a sequel so they could cash grab 12 months later, but leave out one of the consoles? If you're gonna do it, do it right. Maximize profits to the extreme.

DJ Sl4m

I doubt this is coming to PS3, Valve have already made their statement regarding developing for the PS3 and now they've went on record about ports...

epmode

1-D_FTW said:
It seems kind of ridiculous for this not to be on PS3. Putting the team immediately on a sequel so they could cash grab 12 months later, but leave out one of the consoles? If you're gonna do it, do it right. Maximize profits to the extreme.
Valve is actually a pretty small company. They feel that it is not in their best interest to hire all of the new employees required for such a port, then spend the time and money to train them in a development environment which is *very* different from the PC/360, just so they can have access to the console with the smallest userbase.

And honestly, if you don't have a gaming PC (which you should,) a 360 is pretty cheap and it's definitely worth it for the PC+360 exclusives.

yurinka

Of course Valve won't develop in a non-PC based console, because they aren't experienced on it. They simply can't add PS3 to the engine and develop the sequel in just a year. I'm pretty sure L4D2 will reuse L4D1 engine.

If it ever happens, it will be ported by another EA studio. The first L4D wasn't huge tech wise, so I think it wouldn't be so difficult to port it decently for someone experienced in porting.

Any decision that results in Valve spending more time working on PC is great. But at this point it seems kind of boneheaded not to outsource a L4D2 port. Mind you, if EA or Sony don't care enough to offer support, it's not Valve's fault.

wayward archer said:

Neither can the 360. Why does it need to run at 60fps?

Bluth54

I wouldn't be surprised if EA decides to port L4D2 to PS3 with all the L4D content after the success of the first game. I'm happy it's possible that more people will get to enjoy the game, though the PC version will be the best one of course.

DJ Sl4m

[quote name='F1shie' date='20 June 2009 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1245541649' post='633777']
And neither will this one happen.

This is OA exclusivo and I will NOT post the rest of this interview but Doug Lombardi had some intresting things to say to me and Heidi when we talked with him:

Back to L4D2 again – no chance for a PS3 version?
- Well, it says in the trailer – exclusively on X360 and PC! *laughs* We’re trying to answer that question on day one!
Did EA actually ask you guys if you could?
- Yeah, they did. A lot of people are asking if we can make a Ps3 version of the first or second game. The thing is that we’ve learned over time that we do our own products best.
That’s obvious with the Orange Box on PS3.
- There’s other histories if you go back further, too – the DC version of Half-Life that never came out, for example.
[/quote]

ahem...

_Angelus_

Banned
Metal Gear?! said:
Neither can the 360. Why does it need to run at 60fps?

Wait...Left4Dead doesn't even run at 60 frames on the 360? Shit thats a disgrace if true. I finally got around to opening my copy the other day and installed it on my PC,it ran easily at 60 frames but the thing is the graphics aren't exactly mind blowing. They look very clean,so its sexy enough. But lord oh mighty this game doesn't even run at 60 frames on a console? Yeesh.:/

Btw-I have one of those "average PCs" that were bought 3 years back,June 2006. So I upgraded with the help pf some very good Gaf PC gamers. All I did was add 2 more megs of ram,upgraded the power supply,and bought an ATI 4870. My PC's dual Core cpu still holds up well today. I can play most games at max settings and get good frame rates. Too many people think its freakin' brain surgery to play todays games on the PC or upgrade,its not really. The cost isn't all that much,just as long as you buy and install the parts yourself.

Your average PC from years back can run the games,just don't do so with an integrated card,upgrade it abit you yahoos.:b

I honestly would not want to wait at the mercy of these company's for ports,just look at how gimped some games can sometimes turn out. Ghost Busters pissed off this forum this past week for example.

Lightning

Banned
Dabanton said:
And those of us who are not fond of PC gaming? My PC can easily handle most games, only with one slight issue, I don't not use my PC for gaming unless I absolutely need to.

Most times I will just skip games if they are not on my platform of choice. L4D and L4D2 fall into that category. I just hate playing games on my PC, just a personal preference.

Top Bottom