• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 PS3 on EA site

Cat in the Hat said:
So true, random people are a-holes.

I once played with an 11 year old boy and two 15 year old boy and girl.

The 11 year old boy was all "Hey guys! Can you let me do an achievement?" so I said "How old are you? You sound like a kid who shouldn't be playing this game? Oh and isn't it past your bed time? (It was 3am)"

He said "Shut up you Mexican! I'm 11!" so I said "Good luck trying to get that achievement of yours."

Then the girl said "Uh... Hello?" so I said "Uhh... Hi?" and she said to the boy playing alongside him "Oh my god! someone talked!!! oh my god!!"

So I asked "Have you two played this game before?" and they said "Umm... No". I asked them how old were they and they said 15.

*smackmyhead.jpg*

I told the 11 year old kid "The game says Rated M for Mature, not Rated E every everyone!" and the 15 year old started laughing and saying "Yeah! haha! such a kid!" and then talks to his friends "Hey guys! this guy with an accent and this kid who sounds like a girl are fighting! haha! The guy with accent is cool though! haha!"

So that 11 year old said "Shut up! I'll fuck you in the ass, Mexican!" and I said "Really? Please define the word "Fuck". No Really. I wanna know HOW you'll fuck someone in the ass with that pinch-size dick of yours. Oh wait, I bet you don't even know what a dick is. Good luck surviving this game."

As I said that, he got pounced and started saying "Hey guys! help! help!" and I started laughing and stood beside him while he got pounced and killed. Even the people in the other team realize what was happening and they stood there watching the whole scenario :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
WinFonda said:
If bitter feelings need to be that blatant for you to identify them I can see where the problem is.

Its not hard to see where the problem is at >_>

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't see any "butthurt Xbox fans" at all.
I swear in threads about "lost" 360 "exclusives" there are always so many more posts about "here come the butthurt Xbox fans :lol " then there are ever actually any posts like "YARRRGGGGH MY BUTT!!! I WANTED THIS TO STAY EXCLUSIVE."
sykoex said:
I love how the mere glimmer of an MS exclusive possibly coming to PS3 brings out all the Xbox fanboys.
WinFonda said:
Don't let butthurt Xbox fans pouting over their failed exclusivity clauses ruin a game for you if it's your only option of playing the game outside of a PC. And if you haven't played Orange Box yet go do that too.
RavenFox said:
He didnt want the 3 red lights for Christmas.

Aside from that, Its nice for those who don't own a PC or 360. Yet this is really one of those games that should be bought for PC. The support both Orange Boxes received on consoles was lame, L4D 360 was no exception either. And there are limited excuses in this case which to pick the console version over the PC for a game that runs well on any PC in the last 5 or so years, updated better, more user content, etc. Not to mention Gaf had a fantastic PC community going for it too.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Valve on L4D2 on PS3 - "Fuck the PS3."

EA on L4D2 on PS3 - "We'll gladly accept PS3 owners money."
All EA does is distribute Valves games, they might offer to port stuff, but they have no say at all in what Valve does.

StuBurns

Banned
Ikuu said:
All EA does is distribute Valves games, they might offer to port stuff, but they have no say at all in what Valve does.
EA asked for a PS3 SKU of OB, Valve said do it if you want. They seem to have some control.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ikuu said:
If I'm not mistaken but was L4D 360 handled by a different team than Turtle Rock also? One of the Halo 3 map teams if I'm correct? I could definitely see EA pushing and handling the port job in which case Valve probably doesn't have a reason not to take them up on the offer.

-x.Red.x- said:
Let's make-believe this becomes true, How will people react because of MS's E3 "All of the next games are 360 exclusive"

I might even buy it :D

I might be wrong but I think that was already proven false when MGS:Rising came after they said that and we know that's coming to PS3

shagg_187 said:
I once played with an 11 year old boy and two 15 year old boy and girl.

The 11 year old boy was all "Hey guys! Can you let me do an achievement?" so I said "How old are you? You sound like a kid who shouldn't be playing this game? Oh and isn't it past your bed time? (It was 3am)"

He said "Shut up you Mexican! I'm 11!" so I said "Good luck trying to get that achievement of yours."

Then the girl said "Uh... Hello?" so I said "Uhh... Hi?" and she said to the boy playing alongside him "Oh my god! someone talked!!! oh my god!!"

So I asked "Have you two played this game before?" and they said "Umm... No". I asked them how old were they and they said 15.

*smackmyhead.jpg*

I told the 11 year old kid "The game says Rated M for Mature, not Rated E every everyone!" and the 15 year old started laughing and saying "Yeah! haha! such a kid!" and then talks to his friends "Hey guys! this guy with an accent and this kid who sounds like a girl are fighting! haha! The guy with accent is cool though! haha!"

So that 11 year old said "Shut up! I'll fuck you in the ass, Mexican!" and I said "Really? Please define the word "Fuck". No Really. I wanna know HOW you'll fuck someone in the ass with that pinch-size dick of yours. Oh wait, I bet you don't even know what a dick is. Good luck surviving this game."

As I said that, he got pounced and started saying "Hey guys! help! help!" and I started laughing and stood beside him while he got pounced and killed. Even the people in the other team realize what was happening and they stood there watching the whole scenario :lol

:lol I don't know what's funnier: The Story or the fact that you were arguing with a 11 year old kid

I'm not interested in the series at all, (GIVE ME EPISODE 3 NOW.), but with PS3 support from Valve most likely not existing for that version, as mentioned, would you really want to buy it on the PS3?

Larger point: I don't get why the hell Valve is still refusing to port the Source Engine to the PS3. At this point, they've already lost the sales of Left 4 Dead and severely crippled sales of The Orange Box. I don't understand how they could refuse to support the system when they're passing up all these added profits. Bite the bullet and port the engine over. Yeah, it might suck, but it's a one time thing and the sales from the remaining Valve games released this generation would surely cover the costs and then some in aggregate.

Quasar

thaOwner said:
Must be a mistake.

Would there be box art if it was a simple mistake?

As for any port EA seems to have quite a bit more experience with the PS3 now so they could avoid the issues OB had.

Actually I've wondered for a while now why whilst valve has no interest in coding for the PS3 themselves why they don't formally outsource ps3 versions to another company like what seems to happen frequently with portable versions. Perhaps just having Valve involved with QA.

StuBurns

Banned
Quasar said:
Actually I've wondered for a while now why whilst valve has no interest in coding for the PS3 themselves why they don't formally outsource ps3 versions to another company like what seems to happen frequently with portable versions. Perhaps just having Valve involved with QA.
I thought EA would have done this for Valve. Actually spend serious time and cash on getting the engine up and running perfectly on PS3.

I actually think the 360 versions of Valve games aren't as good as they should be either. A pretty old PC can run OB and L4D nicer than a 360.

Sibylus

Banned
Mr. Wonderful said:
I'm not interested in the series at all, (GIVE ME EPISODE 3 NOW.), but with PS3 support from Valve most likely not existing for that version, as mentioned, would you really want to buy it on the PS3?

Larger point: I don't get why the hell Valve is still refusing to port the Source Engine to the PS3. At this point, they've already lost the sales of Left 4 Dead and severely crippled sales of The Orange Box. I don't understand how they could refuse to support the system when they're passing up all these added profits. Bite the bullet and port the engine over. Yeah, it might suck, but it's a one time thing and the sales from the remaining Valve games released this generation would surely cover the costs and then some in aggregate.
The refusal stems from lack of people to do it. They could hand it off to EA again, but judging from recent comments, it sounds like there weren't entirely pleased with how the Orange Box was handled on PS3.

Gabe said:
G4: So, last time we talked at Leipzig, I had asked you why there would be no Left 4 Dead on PS3 and you said because Valve, itself, wasn’t big enough to yet support PS3 development in-house. Is that still the case why Left 4 Dead 2 is not announced for the PS3?

Newell: Yes. We haven’t done a good job of taking care of our PS3 customers at all for the existing Orange Box customers, and that is very frustrating to me personally. Until we can do a better job than we have, I’m sort of hesitant to go back and screw them again. So, I want to make sure when we have customers on the PS3 they don’t end up in the sort of second class citizen that I feel that they’ve been by what we did originally with the Orange Box.
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696431/Opening-The-Valve-The-Gabe-Newell-Interview.html

AranhaHunter said:
:lol I don't know what's funnier: The Story or the fact that you were arguing with a 11 year old kid

Yeah It was late and I hate people who play just for the achievement :/ Whatever, LONG STORY SHORT: I only play with people who I know and I'm glad my friend's list is diverse to the point where I can gladly play with someone.

Botolf said:
The refusal stems from lack of people to do it. They could hand it off to EA again, but judging from recent comments, it sounds like there weren't entirely pleased with how the Orange Box was handled on PS3.

Oh wow. Thanks for that. That's the first time I've heard him say something about PS3 like that! :lol

Snipes424

Loudninja said:
Yeah I wonder why i did not see this posted until now :lol

Positive news doesn't seem to be news anymore unless it's how many units of something sells, but even then the gaming media tries to make it negative about someone.

Sad times.

Angelus said:
Not bullshit.
Mass Effect at that time was a new bench mark for how far you could push a console,now not so much. Mass Effect 2 is just more refined as the developer has spent more time with the 360 hardware.
Mass Effect = UE3 = mediocre visuals.

There's no other way around it.

And it certainly wasn't pushing the 360 as much as it was pushing that weak ass engine's limit.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I think now we know why we have L4D2 instead of DLC... It has to be a full game for there to be a PS3 version. :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
ps3 version will be pointless as a load of ps3 fans will be plumbing for the superior PC version anyways! ;)

Hope the second has more content on consoles than the first from the outset this time. Ps3 owners who didn't try the first are in for a treat too (hopefully it'll push more people to get headsets sorted too)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Guled said:
if your not playing it on the pc, your doing it wrong. Its not like its a graphic intensive game

Yeah but a lot of people probably have Intel integrated which is shit, i can run Episode 2 but the framerate is all over the place.

If I were EA. And was serious about bringing L4D2 to the PS3. I'd throw in the maps from the first L4D. That would make it a good value and make the PS3 version very attractive.

Slavik81

Firestorm said:
AranhaHunter said:
I understand what you're saying, kinda like Bioshock?
Yeah.
Now I think you're even crazier.

But that's ok. I could never hold anything against someone with charmander avatar.

Firestorm said:
If you're not playing with friends, you shouldn't be playing Left 4 Dead. The experience with strangers is so neutered it isn't even funny.
Maybe now it is, as I haven't played in quite a long time, but it was awesome playing with strangers during the demo and the initial few weeks of the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guled said:
if your not playing it on the pc, your doing it wrong. Its not like its a graphic intensive game
I had to get a Mac because I go to a college that's pretty much Mac only. If my computer died I would be screwed if I had a PC. The only PC I have is from '99 and it has HL1, both expansions, and some mods on it. I'm still skeptical until we hear an official announcement but I will buy this if it comes out. L4D is the only Valve game I don't own because there was no PS3 version.

LiK

shagg_187 said:
Yeah It was late and I hate people who play just for the achievement :/ Whatever, LONG STORY SHORT: I only play with people who I know and I'm glad my friend's list is diverse to the point where I can gladly play with someone.

yep, L4D is only fun with people you know. if you try playing with strangers, it's just self torture.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
AranhaHunter said:
They did, but I think they also announced MGS: Rising as an exclusive and we know that's not true.

They never said it was exclusive. MGS: Rising that is. People just speculated that it was.

And as for this game... wouldn't be surprised if it went to PS3. Third party exclusives are few and far between now.

Kagari said:
They never said it was exclusive. MGS: Rising that is. People just speculated that it was.

And as for this game... wouldn't be surprised if it went to PS3. Third party exclusives are few and far between now.

Didn't they show it after they said: "Every game from now on is only appearing on 360"?

EDIT: You lost your tag? What the hell? :lol

Kagari said:

They sorta did. Like halfway through the conference when they said: "every game that you see from this point on is exclusive to the 360"

AranhaHunter said:
They did, but I think they also announced MGS: Rising as an exclusive and we know that's not true.

MGS Rising was not announced as an exclusive, just announced as "coming to the 360 for the first time".

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
juicyfruitas said:
They sorta did. Like halfway through the conference when they said: "every game that you see from this point on is exclusive to the 360"

Yeah I think some people were confused by that.

Drek

Why does this matter?

PS3 owners aren't dirt poor trailer folk, they got that second job bringing in the stacks of cash, I'm sure they have some bad ass gaming PCs to accompany the triple.

I mean, I do, and I only got one job.

leehom

Dunno...tough choice considering I have all three, pc, ps3, xbx360. For FPS, I'll probably stick with the tried and true pc version.

Joysticks aren't bad for shooters...but a kb/m gives you that precise control you can't obtain from joysticks.

Majora

MS were quite cute about the way they said every game from now on is an exclusive. It seemed to end at MGS without them actually saying so. But still, Left 4 Dead 2 was like the second game they showed after talking about exclusive games. I can see a timed exclusive but I don't see a PS3 version coming this year. I mean, presumably MS have to get permission from Valve or EA to talk about the game in such a way at their keynote.

The cat is out of the bag. Next comes the cover-up/damage control by Valve. I remember in 2006, UT3 info was leaked and posted onto the xbox.com website, and was promply removed. At that time it was supposed to be a PS3 only title. Next came the cover-up by Epic. It's all so predictable.

Drek said:
Why does this matter?

PS3 owners aren't dirt poor trailer folk, they got that second job bringing in the stacks of cash, I'm sure they have some bad ass gaming PCs to accompany the triple.

I mean, I do, and I only got one job.

See I would play all shooters on pc but I can't play anything made after 2003. So I'm forced to use the PS3.

FrankT

Not only did they say exclusive, but the end trailer flashed on screen coming exclusively for Xbox 360 and PC. The only permission they would need to do that would be from Valve. The IP owner. That was what two weeks ago. Regardless doesn't matter we went through this with Left 4 Dead with a dozen if not more rumors of a port from EA. Funny thing is I recall this same kind of thing happening or very similar sometime after E3 last year. We'll have clarification on this by Monday at the latest no doubt about it.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yes they did. But they never said for how long.

Isn't MGS: Rising coming out at the same time for both? And if this is true, L4D2 is coming out this Fall for all platforms.

Jtyettis said:
Not only did they say exclusive, but the end trailer flashed on screen coming exclusively for Xbox 360 and PC. The only permission they would need to do that would be from Valve. The IP owner. That was what two weeks ago. Regardless doesn't matter we went through this with Left 4 Dead with a dozen if not more rumors of a port from EA. Funny thing is I recall this same kind of thing happening or very similar sometime after E3 last year. We'll have clarification on this by Monday at the latest no doubt about it.

Was L4D PS3 posted on EA's website as well?

Blizzard

Banned
shagg_187 said:

2gvv7mu.png

RoboPlato said:
I had to get a Mac because I go to a college that's pretty much Mac only. If my computer died I would be screwed if I had a PC. The only PC I have is from '99 and it has HL1, both expansions, and some mods on it. I'm still skeptical until we hear an official announcement but I will buy this if it comes out. L4D is the only Valve game I don't own because there was no PS3 version.

Source runs fine in OSX with Crossover games, oh and any Mac bought iin the lat few years will run Windows natively, so yeah PC is still your best bet.

Just visited the ea website. There is no way that this is an accident. They even edited the placeholder box with the PS3 logo, which demonstrates intent and premeditation. The webmasters clearly knew what they were doing, make no mistake about it.

Top Bottom