• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legaia 2: Duel Saga rated for PS4 in Europe (PS2 on PS4 classic)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

skynidas

Banned
If this ends up EU only is there a way I can get it and okay it in my US account?

I doubt it ends up EU only, but yeah, you just need to create an EU account and buy some PSN credit. there are some easy tutorials out there, just google them and you will find something.

Kyrios

Totally forgot Legaia got a sequel.

Edit: Would love to have the .hack games go up, never got a chance to play any of them.

Not particularly interested in this one, to be honest, but keep the JRPGs coming!
.hack and Shadow Hearts series please :)

When I first came to GAF, there was actually a Legaia 2 thread stickied at the top of the forum. Probably some mod's idea of a joke, but there were enough positive impressions that a young, impressionable Catchpenny went out and bought it at full price.

...sometimes I really dislike you people.

poodaddy

I made a thread a while back asking why Legend of Legaia had not come to PS classics yet despite how rad it was. This is not the one that I wanted, but at this point Ill take the sequel and Ill accept the faux vindication as well.

killatopak

YES.

holy shit. I played this game so much.

Only problem I had with the game was there there wasn't any post game content. You could max out characters but there isn't any powerful enemies to use it on other than the weak final boss.

ZeroX03

Banned
Great game. Still have a copy which I think I got working on my PSP. Been a while since I revisited it. Always wanted to play the sequel.

Guess there must be some sort of issue holding up, I can't see why Sony would just sit on it.

The time has finally arrived!

Aeana

Legaia 2 has a great soundtrack that's a tagteam between Hitoshi Sakimoto and Yasunori Mitsuda, which is certainly not something you hear every day. The game itself is definitely way less interesting than the first, but it isn't an awful game.

Veldin

Legaia 2 is definitely above average if you ask me. At the start it seems like a bland follow-up to the first game, but after the first few hours it introduces more and more new, sometimes optional things. There's a lot more depth to the game than it lets on at first.

I liked Legaia 2, especially the expanded movesets and character fighting styles, but they ditched the Seru catching for a standard magic system.

Ashodin

I'm wondering if they'll straight emulate it or fix the issues it has on PS2. If you emulate this game it has some serious blurring issues that can't be fixed in any way.

Noi

Getting this on PS4 without ever getting the first game on PS1 classics is tragic. Specially since disc versions of the first game don't gel with the PS3's emulator.

poodaddy

I'm wondering if they'll straight emulate it or fix the issues it has on PS2. If you emulate this game it has some serious blurring issues that can't be fixed in any way.

Can you elaborate on why these issues can't be fixed if the game is being emulated?

VariantX

I remember loving the first game because or its unique combat system and its soundtrack. Also one of the few PS1 era rpg games where your equipment actually changed the look of your character. Might give this a shot if its priced well. I also remember the unholy amount of time it takes to grind levels.

warheat

How is it related to the first story wise?

I think Legaia 2 took place long after the first Legaia, the story isn't related at all.
You get some cool information about one of the character in the first one on some painting
and that's it.

ethomaz

Banned
No relation at all. Entire different settings/characters.

I think Legaia 2 took place long after the first Legaia, the story isn't related at all.
You get some cool information about one of the character in the first one on some painting
and that's it.
Better... I don't remember pretty well the first's story... it is close to 20 years already :p

Ganondorfo

Its funny that such an obscure jrpg got 2 legendary composers working for it.

Not even the first Legend of Legaia got Sakimoto and Mitsuda as composers. Yet the sequel that nobody heard of, got these 2 brilliant guys.

Its like if Atelier Iris got Uematsu together with Shimomura working on it.

DR2K

Banned
Very mediocre game. I stopped at the final dungeon. Really forgettable. First one I played half a dozen times.

Aeana

Its funny that such an obscure jrpg got 2 legendary composers working for it.

Not even the first Legend of Legaia got Sakimoto and Mitsuda as composers. Yet the sequel that nobody heard of, got these 2 brilliant guys.

Its like if Atelier Iris got Uematsu together with Shimomura working on it.

The first game had Michiru Oshima, who is a very famous anime composer. She later went on to compose the soundtrack to ICO, as well.

Skulldead

this is mediocre? my standards must be pretty low if this is considered mediocre. I had a blast playing this.

Same, i really like the game overall, also a lot of endgame content, optional boss, also a LOT of hidden dialogue when you came back to older place. I thought this game was really good. Also pretty challenging game overall. I think this is far from mediocre...

The music is also very good. The more it think about it i was easy on m y top 10 RPG of Ps2.

Good, keep the JRPGs flowing. now, where is Shadow Hearts?

Anyway, I loved the first game to death. One of the game that I and my pal played together. But I'Ve heard the second entry is mediocre...

Shouta

Combat system was a pretty good upgrade from the original but it was pretty middle of the road in every other aspect aside from music. It's a fairly fun title though.

Alric

I played the first Legend of Legaia.

How is this second?

First game, armor changed look on character, second game weapons changed look on character.

I liked the game, it was very JRPG trope and lost out some of the cool things the first game had though.

Psxphile

It just didn't grip me like LoL did. The combat system was changed around a little and I didn't find it very fun. Oh well, great for those who liked it.

Weird that this gets a release but the first game never came to PSN.

BHK3

Banned
be still my beating heart. This and the 1st one were some of my favourite RPGs from back in the day, up there with FFIX and Legend of the Dragoon.

Corpekata

Banned
Weird pick. I imagine this being one of the most glaring examples of nostalgia goggles being peeled off of the entire catalog so far.

Dragun619

Always loved the first one as a kid. I barely played the 2nd one back then, but I think wouldn't mind tryin it out again. Let me just look up all the technique inputs again, haha.

But man, wtf Sony. How come the first one ain't on PSN Store yet? Damn, didn't even realize it either. Smh.

bgbball31

I almost beat this, then lost my memory card that had my save on it. Might give it another go, since I remember almost nothing about it.

The first one though? Played through that at least 3 times as a kid. Glad to see other people on here liked it as much since it isn't mentioned much (as well as someone mentioning Legend of Dragoon!)

Now I just have to agree with people asking for .hack. PLEASE!

Gimme that Shadow Hearts series.

I'll buy this, I bought physical a year ago just to round out my collection. My only complaint is having a character who spends a few hours doing nothing but defending. It's definitely not as good as the first, though.

iosefe

the original was a great game, i can never forget the music from the first town.

this excites me as well, i played a bit on PS2, but my disk stopped working.

this game lets you sleep on a sheep so i'm down to buy

Rymuth

The original was a great little gem.

I remember not particularly being impressed with the sequel's plot but the gameplay systems were a lot more refined, so I had my fun. Think I killed the last boss with a gambling card or something...

Anyway, it's a solid title. Keep those JRPGs coming, Sony.

Top Bottom