• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra Book 3: Change |OT| SCHEDULEBENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

We can only dream.

Honestly, I would totally be okay with the protagonist NOT having a romance by the end of the show. I actually think too many shows force this into the plot. I just can't imagine the writers of Korra doing that though. They've pretty much been writing directly to their audience (this show is more aimed at teens and young adults). So it's very unlikely.

We already know her and Mako are done. I just can't imagine them introducing a new character this late into the game for her. So Bolin is really the only viable option at this point.
Janet Varney the voice actor has also talked about her wishing Korra was with Bolin when asked who she thought Korra should end up with. She's just a voice actor and that doesn't mean shit. But sometimes voice actors will say things knowing the general idea of where things are going.

Plus, I just have no faith in these writers when it comes to romance. They have done everything awful. Here is my prediction: Asami and Mako will get back together (but Asami is going to play hard to get after Mako has been such a fuck up). They will eventually get back together. Bolin will get a love interest. Korra will start to get jealous slowly realizing she's always liked Bolin. THE NEW LOVE TRIANGLE..into Book 4 yaddy yada. *puke*

I hope I'm wrong. That's terrible writing. But it's just what my gut is telling me they will do.
Azula, mate, your insights are usually spot fucking on, but we, and I mean everybody and their wooly mammoths know, Korra and Mako are going to be together by seasons end.

Mark it. Mark the date because this shit will happen and the shitstorm it brings will be glorious.

Confession time: I've never been to the CN tower, after living in Toronto for 11 years now. I really should go one day, but there's always something more exciting.

Such a shame. I'm from new york, so when shit like this happens Al Sharpton slicks back his perm and straight up tramples on bitches like this.

hm.

must be a pretty long street
thing.gif

AniHawk

Well what do you think about the show?

i have no strong opinions one way or another. i can recognize that it's not super fantastic and sometimes outright bad, but most of the time i find it entertaining, otherwise i wouldn't still be watching.

i was going to ask someone to aid me in understanding this series but i'm positive that i just stumbled into a buzzing hive. ill come back once these opportunistic infections vacate the thread

Atlantis

This OT, in particular, has covered itself in slime.

secondly, don't act like i didnt see you driving the born brave bus 2 summers ago. i know it was you, dont try it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was Artemisia. I don't blame you for your mistake though, changing faces seems to be fairly commonplace among PopGAF.

Now, let's discuss this humble slice of animation instead of fighting, hmm?

121wqx1xeddh.gif

AoM

Just finished watching S1 again. Now time for the S2 re-watch. I haven't watched it since the finale last year.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The hate for season 2 is kind of overblown. Though I will say the writers need to figure out how to end a story without resorting to a deus ex machina at SOME point.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I genuinely like watching Korra. Even when the characters are written stupidly, at the very least you're getting some beautiful animation out of it.

Mortemis

Banned
The hate for season 2 is kind of overblown. Though I will say the writers need to figure out how to end a story without resorting to a deus ex machina at SOME point.

I thought that it was mediocre as hell and the writers hit the wall and fell hard, but I didn't really hate it all that much. I'm still hopeful for S3.

I don't think I've ever seen a show get hate-watched quite like Korra.

The amount of people hate watching SAO was incredible though. I'm sure there'll be tons of people doing it again when S2 comes out sometime.

We can only dream.

Honestly, I would totally be okay with the protagonist NOT having a romance by the end of the show. I actually think too many shows force this into the plot. I just can't imagine the writers of Korra doing that though. They've pretty much been writing directly to their audience (this show is more aimed at teens and young adults). So it's very unlikely.

We already know her and Mako are done. I just can't imagine them introducing a new character this late into the game for her. So Bolin is really the only viable option at this point.
Janet Varney the voice actor has also talked about her wishing Korra was with Bolin when asked who she thought Korra should end up with. She's just a voice actor and that doesn't mean shit. But sometimes voice actors will say things knowing the general idea of where things are going.

Plus, I just have no faith in these writers when it comes to romance. They have done everything awful. Here is my prediction: Asami and Mako will get back together (but Asami is going to play hard to get after Mako has been such a fuck up). They will eventually get back together. Bolin will get a love interest. Korra will start to get jealous slowly realizing she's always liked Bolin. THE NEW LOVE TRIANGLE..into Book 4 yaddy yada. *puke*

I hope I'm wrong. That's terrible writing. But it's just what my gut is telling me they will do.
I don't know if Mako And Korra are really over. Like why was Mako created exactly? To have this cool looking love interest for Korra. To have this Zuko-like character to hook up with this Katara-like character to satiate the whims of a quite possibly insane fanbase. I mean like you said in the last thread, their endgame was the two of them being together originally.

Now I realise character roles can evolve, especially now that this single season show has become a four season show, but I'm not sure they're willing to sink this ship just yet despite Mako and Korras break up at the end of the last season.

I would love for her not to have any romantic angle further though. This season is supposed to be having some focus on Korra and Asami rigt? A well written friendship would be good for this series.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I've once again surrendered to The Korra Cycle. Can't wait!

I would love for her not to have any romantic angle further though. This season is supposed to be having some focus on Korra and Asami rigt? A well written friendship would be good for this series.
This is the character dynamic I'm most looking forward to... aaaand I just jinxed it

ReiGun

I don't think I've ever seen a show get hate-watched quite like Korra.

Hate-watching with the thread is the only reason I still tune in. I'm not normally the hate watch type, so if I didn't enjoy hanging with you guys and gals, I'd have dropped this shit last season.

Jintor

Have they put out a tie-in videogame yet like they did with ATLA or are they not even bother to market at all? Nick can't decide whether they want to praise Korra or bury her

Season 1 sans the finale >>>>> The Last Airbender.

Season 2 was a horrible mistake. Avatar's biggest conflict, canon wise, was used, wasted and shamed.

Jintor

we better see some sick-ass earthbending this time around. I've missed my rad earthbending fights

I still gotta get around to making giant gifs of as many avatar fight scenes as I can get my hands on

Hamlet

Have they put out a tie-in videogame yet like they did with ATLA or are they not even bother to market at all? Nick can't decide whether they want to praise Korra or bury her

Only some browser games on the Nick website
I would love to see an open world avatar game but i doubt with the support Nick is giving the series that'll happen any time soon

Zelias

Banned
Don't think Korra will ever match up to TLAB, and Season 2 was a bit... out there, but I'm excited for this nonetheless.

The trailer looked kinda interesting. And the old characters will make me tune in no matter what. But the previous seasons weren't too much fun. It doesn't feel awful to me, just disappointing, apparently after The Last Airbender.

Bit-Bit

I love season 1 of Korra and highly enjoyed season 2.

Definitely looking forward to see where the ending of Book 2 leaves the world of Avatar.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Leonard Nemoy should've voiced
old Zuko.

I think he needs to be what Iroh was, but to Korra. Tenzin is good and all, but it seems like he needs to focus on the other air benders now.

Yonafunu

Season 2 was so fucking bad. The only good thing about it was the animation. Looking forward to season 3 if only for that. The trailer was hype as fuck tho.

I genuinely like watching Korra. Even when the characters are written stupidly, at the very least you're getting some beautiful animation out of it.

Sadly I'd go as far as to say even that isn't the case.

Season 1 sans the finale >>>>> The Last Airbender.

Season 2 was a horrible mistake. Avatar's biggest conflict, canon wise, was used, wasted and shamed.
You must be high. Korra doesn't have anything like the awesome team avatar. Where is the sick, realistic martial arts based bending? Wtf is that retarded bending tournament? Where were the laughs?

Lastly, fuck the steampunk. I want wuxia fantasy Avatar.

I haven't watched ANY of the Legend of Korra besides the first two episodes. As a huge fan of Avatar in my youth, I feel like I'm doing a crime. I need to fix this before Fall rolls around.

Season 2 was horrible and I watched it all anyway. The avatar fanboy in me demands I watch this no matter how bad or good it turns out to be. Please be good.

jordisok

Crazy how they're treating this :\ 3 on the first night?

Oh wells, Korra is Korra, I'll still watch every episode they ever make.

daveo42

Banned
Season 2 was so fucking bad. The only good thing about it was the animation. Looking forward to season 3 if only for that. The trailer was hype as fuck tho.

You forgot about the two best episodes of all of Avatar: Wan's story. But yes, season 2 was all sorts of garbage. Too bad they threw Wan away at the end.

Legend of Korra Book 3: Change |OT| We Bosami Now

I can dig it.

You forgot about the two best episodes of all of Avatar: Wan's story. But yes, season 2 was all sorts of garbage. Too bad they threw Wan away at the end.

For all of the shit Korra season 2
deservedly
gets, Wan's story was the epitome of this franchise. Part of me wishes that they'd make a series based off him, but the other part knows that would end terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom