• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

tumblr_m1uhanAUxp1rss05ao1_250.png
tumblr_m1uhanAUxp1rss05ao2_250.png

Dawww.

Get the shipping out of here though!

It's far too late for that. This time around, I don't really care who ends up with who. When I was originally watching tlab, I remember nick airing their season two finale trailer, making it sound as if zuko and katana would end u p together. Nickelodeon was so manipulative back then. Their trailers alone made me positive zutara was going to happen. Not letting it happen to me again! I usually want the most interesting characters to be paired up. I cant watch lok until I've rewatched all of tlab (making boyfriend watch it for the first time).

Trey

It's far too late for that. This time around, I don't really care who ends up with who. When I was originally watching tlab, I remember nick airing their season two finale trailer, making it sound as if zuko and katana would end u p together. Nickelodeon was so manipulative back then. Their trailers alone made me positive zutara was going to happen. Not letting it happen to me again! I usually want the most interesting characters to be paired up. I cant watch lok until I've rewatched all of tlab (making boyfriend watch it for the first time).

I was wondering what "tlab" was for the longest time.

Yah, what episode is that from? I want to re watch it and give a better opinion about Ozai.

I don't know...maybe. Ozai never really struck me as a fatherly type of person, more like he thought his kids would be extra loyal minions or something. If the man could bring himself to murder his own son for, not the throne itself, but the first in line spot for the throne, I can't imagine him having misgivings about it.

"Well, I do love my only son...but gotdamn that throne looks so comfy" lol I just can't picture it. Wasn't Ozai established as a one dimensional villain from the start?

Ozai was the classic overly ambitious type, born into second place. Now when destiny presented an opening for his ambitions he was willing to sacrifice everything to get to his goal. He was going to kill Zuko, there's no doubt about that. Even if he had some feelings for him, his ambitions were allways priority one.

You can see the same when he declares himself the Phoenix King, making Azula Firelord. He probably expected her to demand her share of the victory pie, and making her Firelord was his way of getting rid of her and any ambitions she might have to challenge his victory for herself.

What episode was it mentioned that Aang invented the Air Scooter, and that there were 36 tests to determine mastery?

Also I really think Bumi2 could be Amon. Just imagine Katara/Aang training Tenzin and Kya. Excellent opportunity for bonding. I'm sure Bumi2 probably felt left out during airgliding lessons. Enough to strive for equality. Which would make Amon a well intentioned extremist.

Damn if I could draw I'd draw a comic.

Aang: "Don't worry Bumi, I promise we'll hang out together after I teach your brother about the air glider."
Bumi: "Ok dad."
Bumi watches the two air gliding, laughing, playing.... RESENTMENT!

What episode was it mentioned that Aang invented the Air Scooter, and that there were 36 tests to determine mastery?

I think it was Norther Air Temple, season 1? I don't know for sure. I would go and look for you but I know what that'd lead to...and I have things to do today haha

Also I really think Bumi2 could be Amon. Just imagine Katara/Aang training Tenzin and Kya. Excellent opportunity for bonding. I'm sure Bumi2 probably felt left out during airgliding lessons. Enough to strive for equality. Which would make Amon a well intentioned extremist.

Aang: "Don't worry Bumi, I promise we'll hang out together after I teach your brother about the air glider."

I kinda assumed Bumi would be hanging out with Sokka, unless it turns out that
Sokka really is Lin's father

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think it was Norther Air Temple, season 1? I don't know for sure. I would go and look for you but I know what that'd lead to...and I have things to do today haha

From the Wiki:

An airbender is declared a Master once he/she has fully mastered the 36 tiers of airbending and/or when he/she creates a new airbending technique; Aang was the exception in this case, since he mastered only 35 tiers and made a new move. Airbenders who have mastered the element are marked as such by blue tattoos striping along the head and limbs, terminating in an arrow on the forehead, backs of the hands, and the tops of the feet.

KillGore

Could be, would be funny is Amon were Sokka and Suki's son

I really can't see Sokka ditching Suki and drilling Toph. If it happens it must in their adulthood.

I agree, only way that could happen is if Toph forced Sokka to be with her, which seems plausible lol

CoolS

As far as I know, the 36 tests stuff wasn't mentioned in the show. The mentioning of Aang inventing the Air Scooter was in episode 12 "The Storm".

I still don't see Bumi being Amon, Aang would have made sure to include him somehow and show him that non-benders can be equally important. We'll se though, both things could happen.

I kinda assumed Bumi would be hanging out with Sokka, unless it turns out that
Sokka really is Lin's father

Hanging out with your uncle isn't exactly like hanging out with your father though.

As far as I know, the 36 tests stuff wasn't mentioned in the show. The mentioning of Aang inventing the Air Scooter was in episode 12 "The Storm".

I still don't see Bumi being Amon, Aang would have made sure to include him somehow and show him that non-benders can be equally important. We'll se though, both things could happen.

I have no doubt Aang tried to include Bumi in as much as possible. But bending lessons would probably be unfun for a nonbender. "Here, practice stances while your brother and I practice flying!"

CoolS

Hanging out with your uncle isn't exactly like hanging out with your father though.

I have no doubt Aang tried to include Bumi in as much as possible. But bending lessons would probably be unfun for a nonbender. "Here, practice stances while your brother and I practice flying!"

He still could have learned how non-benders can be just as useful I guess. Plus gliding probably would have been possible for him as well, we've seen plenty of people fly around.

I guess I'm just against the idea that much since I would hate Amon being Bumi.

He still could have learned how non-benders can be just as useful I guess.

Except that isn't really true. Benders have so much more power and utility. Non-benders aren't useless, but there is a reason Aang was able to end the war by making Ozai a non-bender.

Non-benders typically rely on technology to compete. Non-benders have been shown as jealous or envious of bending.

Korra herself even thinks bending is the coolest thing ever. I'm sure Aang and Katara didn't simply take a "meh whatever" stance about bending.

Black-Box

it is starting to bug me that there is so similarities between the shows, I don't know why it does, but like almost every seen you could compare it to a scene in the original avatar

And according to Katara Kya and Bumi were the wild fun loving ones while Tenzin was the serious one.

So if Bumi broke somehow it must have been way later in his life.

That tumblr link is pretty good and LOLOLOL

tumblr_m1novwfZ9F1r9p8l9o1_400.gif

CoolS

Finished my TLA rewatch. I love that show so much, it's just so amzing and beuatiful and everything :) And I forgot how hauntingly beautiful the Agni Kai between Zuko and Azula was. Could watch that all day.

Now I need more Korra!!!

KingK

So, I kinda stopped following this thread ever since it turned into a shipping port.

Has anything interesting happened since the first two episodes were released on Korranation?

So... I wonder if character death can happen in The Promise...

Just compare how much time Sokka and Suki have spent together in The Promise and how much time Sokka and Toph are spending together. The former were together in one scene at the beginning set a year before the currently unfolding events. The latter have been paired up at every opportunity. I don't particularly like the idea, but right now I'm assuming that's where they're going with this.

I mean at the same time that Toph and Sokka are having good times at her Metalbending Academy, Suki is doing what? Standing outside Zuko's bedroom. I rest my case.

we might have a new ship!

tumblr_m1zb66W78b1qk9ry0o2_250.gif

That's not a ship, that's a twig floating in the mud.

apana

Just compare how much time Sokka and Suki have spent together in The Promise and how much time Sokka and Toph are spending together. The former were together in one scene at the beginning set a year before the currently unfolding events. The latter have been paired up at every opportunity. I don't particularly like the idea, but right now I'm assuming that's where they're going with this.

I mean at the same time that Toph and Sokka are having good times at her Metalbending Academy, Suki is doing what? Standing outside Zuko's bedroom. I rest my case.

That's not a ship, that's a twig floating in the mud.

That's probably just because they wanted to make a story with the main cast.

qldsm.png

z0Zc7.png

Avatar Roku: Some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes.

They were reincarnated. Bumi reincarnated as Meelo.

tumblr_m1hgilPW1d1qbyur7o2_400.png

tumblr_m1hgilPW1d1qbyur7o1_250.png

Wiseblade

http://i.imgur.com/JYqYv.jpg[img]
[url=http://sarinja.deviantart.com/art/Bolin-x-Korra-246002967][i]source[/i][/url]

I want to believe.[/QUOTE]

OK, no. joke shipping talk is already scaring some people off, we don't need actual shipping fanart driving everyone else away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom