• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

the welcome to republic city website lists avatar roku at age 70 and avatar kyoshi at age 230, both of those are their age of death.

it lists aang at 66

CoolS

Aang also spent 100 years in an iceberg. Though, I think that number should be closer to 80.

Nah it's right. TLK is set 70 years after TLA. Korra is 16 years old which leaves 54 years. So Aang would have died at 66/67, depenind how you count his age in the first series.

Mr. Sam

Didn't she usher in an era of peace, which is why Kuruk had nothing to do and was a lazy ass Avatar?

If she did, I don't know how. She let an evil emperor take over the entire world and only intervened when he showed up on her doorstep. Even then, what she did was separate her home from the continent. Real hands on.

If she did, I don't know how. She let an evil emperor take over the entire world and only intervened when he showed up on her doorstep. Even then, what she did was separate her home from the continent. Real hands on.

Which, in turn, killed him, thus ending his reign.

CoolS

She also said she would have killed him anyway if he contineud like that. Oh well, at least she did a little bit more than Kuruk :D

You're thinking of Yangchen.
You're right. I have to regain my honour!

Black-Box

I was thinking maybe Korra ends up with Amon!
which causes him to end the war on benders!

i dont know what I am talking about lol

woober

Watched the first 2 episodes on iTunes (they have it in 1080p for free). Animation is better than most anime I've seen. If only the 1st series were in HD.

The tournament scene reminded me a lot of Hajime no Ippo, which is a good thing.

apana

I think Avatars live longer than the average human but they all have unique bodies. Korra has superhuman strength, Kyoshi can live for a very long time etc. Aang would have probably lived for much longer if he hadn't been stuck in that ice for a hundred years.

ckohler

I think Avatars live longer than the average human but they all have unique bodies. Korra has superhuman strength, Kyoshi can live for a very long time etc. Aang would have probably lived for much longer if he hadn't been stuck in that ice for a hundred years.

Why would being frozen in ice, perpetually young, affect his lifespan afterwards?

She also said she would have killed him anyway if he contineud like that. Oh well, at least she did a little bit more than Kuruk :D

Kuruk is seriously like the lamest Avatar ever. The greatest crisis he ever faced in his time was when his wife lost hers, and he couldn't even kill the bad guy for it.

Jintor

Shipping_Wars_1_by_rufftoon.jpg

Shipping_Wars_2_by_rufftoon.jpg

Shipping_Wars_3_by_rufftoon.jpg

CoolS

Interesting that Northern and Southern Water tribe are represented as individually. And i just love the look of Tarrlok, you can tell they made him look as shady as possible on purpose.

Interesting that Northern and Southern Water tribe are represented as individually. And i just love the look of Tarrlok, you can tell they made him look as shady as possible on purpose.

The biography indicates that he's Tenzin's rival on the council. Basically the slimy politician archetype. I like that Korra is more political than the original series, there should be some interesting dynamics at play while they debate how to deal with the Equalists.

I'm now assuming that Tenzin didn't want to leave Republic City because that would leave Tarrlok unopposed.

CoolS

The biography indicates that he's Tenzin's rival on the council. Basically the slimy politician archetype. I like that Korra is more political than the original series, there should be some interesting dynamics at play while they debate how to deal with the Equalists.

I'm now assuming that Tenzin didn't want to leave Republic City because that would leave Tarrlok unopposed.

Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to this as well. I wonder if they will adress the four nations in general as well seeing that they have been given 14 more episodes than initially planned. I want to know how the situation is like between them now.

Mhh you might be onto something here. Tarrlok as a slimy politician combined with the 'threat' of the Equalists really do make for a rather unstable situation.

ckohler

Reading about the Harmony Restoration Movement is very interesting. Makes me wonder if it'll be featured in the show or if that is only backstory info for the super-fans like us.

That stuff about the Harmony Restoration Movements is very interesting. Makes me wonder if it'll be featured in the show or if that info was just for the super-fans like us.

You're not a super fan because you clearly haven't read The Promise yet. The entire plotline is about the Harmony Restoration Movement and Zuko's mother.

CoolS

You're not a super fan because you clearly haven't read The Promise.

I was actually thinking they might reveal something past the Promise Part I, but of course they didn't ^^

Maybe because he was in Avatar State the whole time iirc.

Yep, and the creators stated that by being frozen ind that block of ice Aang used up a significant chunk of his Avatar life force.

btw, I felt a big lump in my throat on the White Lotus page where they mentioned how Aang realized his health was failing :(

Another interesting info is that the people living on Air Temple island are called Air Acolytes. I want to know more on that! And if Pema was an acolyte before she met/married Tenzin.

Jintor

I think they're carrying on the cultural traditions of the Air Nomads. If you think about it, their pacifistic tendancies/philosophy are probably very attractive.

I still think the most interesting thing, aside from the bender/non-bender thing, is going to be the melting pot that is Republic City, and the ways in which the divide between boundaries and nations is no longer going to be anywhere nearly as clear cut.

CoolS

I think they're carrying on the cultural traditions of the Air Nomads. If you think about it, their pacifistic tendancies/philosophy are probably very attractive.

But how and why did it start. Did people just start to follow Aang? I wanna know!

I still think the most interesting thing, aside from the bender/non-bender thing, is going to be the melting pot that is Republic City, and the ways in which the divide between boundaries and nations is no longer going to be anywhere nearly as clear cut.
The Promise showing the beginning of that really was the best part of the comic for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom