• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda live action movie announcement!

Wait, live action!?

The film will be produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions Inc., and directed by Wes Ball. The film will be co-financed by Nintendo and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., with more than 50% financed by Nintendo. The theatrical distribution of the film will be done worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.

Nintendo x Sony collab

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Should be nice, too bad it's not gonna be anime though.
Mononoke Hime Arrow GIF

SONY? NINTENDO GOIN' THIRD PARTY CONFIRMEDED!

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope they don't go overboard with CGI, Hyrule is grounded enough to use natural landscapes and what not, just with different style structures, technology, etc., and of course the monsters and everything, rather than try to make a whole new alien fantasy world from the ground up a la Avatar.

Last edited:

skit_data

This will be interesting.
How are they gonna portray Link without it turning into a
jessica jones page GIF

-situation.

Edit: Ok, it's being co-founded and distributed by Sony Pictures. A bit unexpected, but it makes this even more interesting.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Remember the Mario movie thing by Sony Pictures Entertainment?
Also, lol.
They're not going to collaborate with a Japanese animation studio for Zelda after the massive success of the Western-made Mario movie, come on people...

Is this the first Sony x Nintendo collab since the infamous cdrom backstab.

MiguelItUp

Well... I'm gonna hope for the best. I know it was rumored to be Illumination for awhile, especially after Super Mario Bros' success. But, I'm glad it didn't go that route because I really didn't care for the movie personally. It looked nice, and I dug the Easter eggs and nods, but other than that it could've been so much better, lol. It going live action could go in so many ways, but it's too early to jump to any conclusions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom