• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda live action movie announcement!

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I think the history of a link to the past would fit very well. It doesn't involve a lot of the more recent races the series introduce (can you imagine how a goron in live action would look like? Ugh..), has memorable moments like the uncle dying and pulling the master sword, while also featuring a lot of varied scenarios.

v1oz

They should do this like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy with a realistic Link and fantasy world. They probably should have hired Peter Jackson and Weta Workshop.

Zannegan

They should do this like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy with a realistic Link and fantasy world. They probably should have hired Peter Jackson and Weta Workshop.
He hasn't exactly had the Midas touch of late, but if he could find the old brilliance it would be a great fit.

Synless

I just don’t get live action.… Mario fucking slayed the charts. Live action is far more limiting character and scenery wise.

Im conflicted, this will not be a LoTR level movie.

Not Sony :(

Michael Scott No GIF

Sony has no power, even if they invest. I don't see Nintendo giving them any creative control over this movie, especially if they try that progressive shit. Nintendo stays razor sharp-focused. I mean, anything is possible, but I don't see it.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
It will probably be an isekai.

Modern boy teleported to medieval fantasy world, defeats evil dude, saves princess and is forced back to his world.
Turns out it was all a dream. Or was it?

When climbing some random long-ass staircase he bumps into some random girl that looks the same as the princess he saved back in the other world.
Screen fades to black, roll credits.

Play "Smash Mouth - All Star".

Toons

This will be fucking awful.
Zelda will be going around with “friends”
Horrible casting and the spirit of Zelda will be decimated for “the message”

This level of paranoia present for a movie that doesn't even exist yet should not only be incredibly embarrassing for you but ultimately only powers those things you claim to be so avoidant of.

When you guess and grasp at the motives of others you're often revealing only your own.

Not just you either. Seeing several posts in a similar vein.

Last edited:
Top Bottom