• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover Commercial

Was McBain taken?

mcbain_movie.jpg

TimmiT

Can't hear the audio but please tell me there is no dubstep in the commercial since its the same style as those launch WiiU commercials.

The style is only really shown during the beginning and end of the commercial, the rest is all gameplay/cutscene footage. And it also seems to be music from the game instead of dubstep.

Def buying it. Just wish it had off tv play.
Buying this and probably need for speed, unless game and wario release date is announced before nfs releases

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Don't have a Wii U, but if I did, this would be a sure buy for me. Played it at E3 and it was tons of fun.

Could have been better with this game easily. They really need to drop that awkward ass box. At least the ear killing music is gone.

Hero

Ditch the cube commercial angle, it's awful. The actual Lego footage and gameplay showing was good though.

deviljho

Come on, are we gonna complain about every little thing NOA does? Great gameplay footage, to the point, and solid narration. It was a good commercial. Let's give credit where it's due.

I'm withholding the credit because I still see they haven't scrapped the cubes marketing. This commercial isn't super duper awesome. It's nice, that's about it. The Lego City footage could have been used in any advertising without the "cubes" intro and ending.

NOA itself has a lot of work to do before they gain my approval.

EDIT: Look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K9FWLpe9TA

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Like others have said, that lame "cube U" motif needs to go.

Also, they need to modify the end of the script from this...

"Available on the all new Wii U.."

to this...

"Available on the all new game console, Wii U..., which is not a controller for Wii, but a new console... that has new hardware... outputting HD graphics... which the old Wii could not do... understand?"

DaBoss

to this...

"Available on the all new game console, Wii U..., which is not a controller for Wii, but a new console... that has new hardware... outputting HD graphics... which the old Wii could not do... understand?"

"Can I buy the controller separately then? I don't want that long box."

Still think the cube works well from a family round the TV angle. They showed the game here which is better than most!

Most games between now and unannounced stuff will be able to fit it nicely I suspect.

Meelow

Banned

to this...

I think this is better...

"Available to the first 8th generation console, the Wii U!"

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
By the way, I just found an article in Ad Week panning the dubstep comercial..

Ad Week said:
Wii U Commercial Is a Spectacular Dubstep Disaster

Spot crushed under weight of its grating music By David Griner

Some readers felt we were being premature when we announced the death of dubstep at the hands of advertising earlier this year. But now you're going to wish we'd been right. Nintendo has released this 60-second spot for the new Wii U gaming console, and while the messaging is decent enough, the soundtrack is one of the most annoying in commercial history. A high-pitched dubstep screech builds to a shrillness of dentistry proportions while you're flashing from one family-friendly Wii U scenario to the next. By the end, I'm not sure I want a Wii U, but I'm damn positive I want that minute of my life back.

Source: http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/wii-u-commercial-spectacular-dubstep-disaster-144966

Top Bottom