• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Dimensions (Wii U/PS4/XB1/360/PS3, $99, September 27, Trailer)

Rootbeer

Banned
I have not seen footage of them playing as characters that aren't on the figure base.

I understand how that can be aggravating but most Toys to Life games work this way.

However, LEGO Dimensions figures and bricks use the same LEGO system as other LEGO toys which is a big added value for anyone who likes LEGO toys. So they have much more utility than other Toys to Life figures.

Boem

Quick question about this game!

the starter pack included Gandalf, Batman and Wyldstyle.

Are these the only playable characters in the game? Or are there playable characters in the game that don't require the purchasing of those figures?

Cause that's kinda sad... If theres only 3 playable characters in the game. haha

I think it's just those 3 characters. You do get some levels in the base game based on characters that you would have to buy seperately - for example, you get a Doctor Who level (and you run into characters from that universe) if you just buy the starters pack, and if you buy the Doctor Who character pack you can play as those characters and you get a second Doctor Who level.

I'd be all over this if I didn't have to buy so many toys. Especially for the Doctor Who stuff, and some of the other licenses look cool as well. As it is now - eh. I'll play it at a friend's place.

Polarburr

I think it's just those 3 characters. You do get some levels in the base game based on characters that you would have to buy seperately - for example, you get a Doctor Who level (and you run into characters from that universe) if you just buy the starters pack, and if you buy the Doctor Who character pack you can play as those characters and you get a second Doctor Who level.

I'd be all over this if I didn't have to buy so many toys. Especially for the Doctor Who stuff, and some of the other licenses look cool as well. As it is now - eh. I'll play it at a friend's place.

Ahh. Makes sense. Man, this game is gonna eat up my wallet. :(

Likely following the other LEGO games, those three are used for story mode, but you can use anyone in any level in Free Play mode.

RoyalFool

Banned
Apologies for the necrobump - but bit concerned about this game and the lack of reviews, picking it up with a couple of the worlds which is costing more than I've ever spent on a game at launch. Anybody know when the embargo lifts? might have to cancel so they don't get sent out before the reviews hit.

Surely they won't let it be terrible after paying all the money for franchising and voice actors?

Burai

shitonmychest57
Apologies for the necrobump - but bit concerned about this game and the lack of reviews, picking it up with a couple of the worlds which is costing more than I've ever spent on a game at launch. Anybody know when the embargo lifts? might have to cancel so they don't get sent out before the reviews hit.

Surely they won't let it be terrible after paying all the money for franchising and voice actors?

It's a Warner Bros. game. Just be thankful there's no PC version.

VexyWexy

I'm holding out for Black Friday. There's no way this thing doesn't get a huge price cut. Coming in AFTER Infinity 3.0 and Skylanders SC launch and asking $100 for your starter pack is ballsey as hell, even if people love LEGO.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm holding out for Black Friday. There's no way this thing doesn't get a huge price cut. Coming in AFTER Infinity 3.0 and Skylanders SC launch and asking $100 for your starter pack is ballsey as hell, even if people love LEGO.
Same here. I would LOVE to play this, but Black Friday is what I'm waiting on

newsguy

I got a bunch of these for my son's xmas present. He's gonna be 3 and he loves his Legos. Obviously he can't play games yet, but I wanted something where we could build Legos together, and I like the idea that he can see them come to life. Can't wait to see his face light up with the Jurassic World stuff, dinos and Legos are life when you're that age.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

My only hesitation is that Legos themselves are expensive and rarely drop in price.

Rootbeer

Banned
My only hesitation is that Legos themselves are expensive and rarely drop in price.

Further evident by the fact that LEGO Dimension launch day sales are incredibly weak...

With other Toys to Life games, you'd get Buy 2 Get 1 free or other decent deals. Doesn't seem to be happening for LEGO Dimensions.

GCU is your only saving grace.

LEGO is super tight about sales for some reason in ways other toy companies are not. They really value their product.

I can't quite justify £90 for the game, especially since if I get it I'll have to get the Doctor Who pack.

Wait, the level packs are £27!? For a figure, two Minis, and some DLC? No sorry. Fuck that.

Rootbeer

Banned
I can't quite justify £90 for the game, especially since if I get it I'll have to get the Doctor Who pack.

Wait, the level packs are £27!? For a figure, two Minis, and some DLC? No sorry. Fuck that.
Wait for sales (lol yeah right... okay, it could happen!) or just buy the Doctor Who sets on their own if you only want the minifigures and parts.

Also there is that LEGO doctor who set (not dimensions) coming out soon so be on the lookout for that

mrklaw

MrArseFace

The starter set is cheaper on Amazon uk, but still around £75. Expensive but doable. But it's the level packs making me pause, they are insanely expensive if you literally just get one level and hen the characters to use in other levels.

Is there a toy box mode like infinity where you can make your own stuff? Otherwise how often are you really going to same levels but with character B instead of character A?

Pac3y

You can pick this up for around £60-67ish across all platforms using Bespoke offers / Flubit in conjunction with Amazons price point. Not looking forward to paying for the level packs though, £21-23 average through bespoke offers.

Anyone know when we can expect reviews? I've gone for it myself, couldn't resist the urge.

You can pick this up for around £60-67ish across all platforms using Bespoke offers / Flubit in conjunction with Amazons price point. Not looking forward to paying for the level packs though, £21-23 average through bespoke offers.

Anyone know when we can expect reviews? I've gone for it myself, couldn't resist the urge.

Reviews have been coming out since yesterday. It's getting around 6-8's it seems like. Pretty much what everyone assumed. Good, classic LEGO game but very expensive.

Top Bottom