• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Lord of the Rings |OT| Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

pariah164

Stuck in the 3DS version. Battle of Pelenor is different than the console version. After playing as Gandalf and Pippin, you play as Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli. I come across one of those huge elephants, but I get stuck there. It's standing still, not moving, and there are two archers in the top of it. I think I'm supposed to stand on this ledge and shoot the archers inside, but the wall blocks all my arrows. Been stuck for five hours and I'm nearly ready to quit. Any and all help would be appreciated immensely.

NeonZ

Use Legolas' double jump to jump to the archers, then kill them there. After that, jump to the head of the elephant.

Anyway, I have a question of my own. I think I've done everything I can do in this game (3DS version), but I'm aparently stuck on 99.6%. I've gotten everything on the listed stages, bought every character, including Sauron and co, and gotten every red block. Am I missing something or is this just an irritating bug? Also, is there an actual prize for 100% that I might be missing out due to this?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm working towards 100% now, but man the campaign was a fantastic ride. It got me and my brother to start a rewatch of the trilogy even.

I figure we will get a Hobbit game around the release of the final film for that too?

CoolS

Got this gifted and so far it's amazing. Such a fun ride, just finished the first movie and I am loving it. They really outdid themselves with some scenes. I absolutely loved Moria, that one was amazing.
And it looks so nice as well. I love the engine they have going for this game. Add the awesome LotR music and it's one of my most enjoyable experiences in quite some time.

I'm working towards 100% now, but man the campaign was a fantastic ride. It got me and my brother to start a rewatch of the trilogy even.

I figure we will get a Hobbit game around the release of the final film for that too?

100%? That's crazy. The amount of collectibles and unlockables are enorrrrrrrmous. God speed, soldier.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
100%ing Lego games isn't bad.
I've 100% every game except for Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Batman 2 and this. Got this and LB2 over Christmas and will definitely be 100%ing them, always great fun. I'll probably rent LIJ2 again and finish it off if I get a chance.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well to be fair I haven't done so with Lego LotR yet, so it might be, but none of the previous games were brutal to play through, especially with the stud multipliers meaning you don't have to do too much stud collecting. The levels are fun to play through again and the other stuff shows up on the map so it might just take a while. It's time spent playing a fun game though so just try to enjoy it :)

Terra

Whoa. Just took a bite out of my backlog and finished this one tonight. Not 100%, but all chapters cleared, and a lot of stuff unlocked. And now finally given free play over all of middle earth :).

I played on the Wii, probably not the best version graphically, but I must say that I am VERY impressed with the open world and the amount of extras that they crammed in. Definitely on my top 10 list over enjoyable Wii-games!

The authentic music and dialogue is a big plus! I can warmly recommend this for any LOTR fan out there. A lot of good RPG/puzzle elements too.

Quick question - I played, and adored, Lego LOTR on PS3 and am just noticing theres a sale on the Vita version. I know that version's not as up to snuff, but just wondering if anyone here has tried it and what their thoughts are. I tried the iOS version and it's fucking awful.

donny2112

I only played the 3DS version, but I think they're based off the same source code. I enjoyed it, but I haven't played the console/PC version yet for comparison. Think the main differences are 1) no hub world (going off review here, as the 3DS version has a main world where you travel along to play the different missions and can explore; No LEGO Star Wars central hub type area, though) and 2) multi-player requires multiple cartridges of the game.

Top Bottom