• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Announced [PC/PS4/XB1/NS, Nov17, new MP, open world, more]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
0e3.png

NYR

Don't fuck it up by making it non-fox characters only. Lego Avengers was a MASSIVE letdown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have faith they'll continue to add more and more stuff to do in the hub worlds this time around.

Skipped Avengers but it seemed like they made some additional gameplay considerations in that game (although confined by the MCU) so hopefully this just has more of everything.

And I hope it isn't New York again. Multiple hub worlds or something different altogether.

I have faith they'll continue to add more and more stuff to do in the hub worlds this time around.

Skipped Avengers but it seemed like they made some additional gameplay considerations in that game (although confined by the MCU) so hopefully this just has more of everything.

And I hope it isn't New York again. Multiple hub worlds or something different altogether.

I could see them using Ego as one of the hub worlds since they had all the Lantern planets in Lego Batman 3. And it would tie in nicely with Guardians 2. But New York will probably be in there too.

Reading alot of comments about Lego Avengers( never got to playing it). What exactly is wrong with it? I played Marvel Super Heroes on PC and generally enjoyed it though I never finished it. Would be in for a Switch version of the sequel....

Cronen

Reading alot of comments about Lego Avengers( never got to playing it). What exactly is wrong with it? I played Marvel Super Heroes on PC and generally enjoyed it though I never finished it. Would be in for a Switch version of the sequel....

Super Heroes is an original story starring a vast number of Marvel characters.

Avengers follows the two Avengers films (as well as some other Marvel films - Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3 etc). As such it mostly focuses only on characters that feature in the MCU. So no Xmen or Fantastic Four.

Ridley327

It's more like the normal movie license games that they do, so there's no original story, all the VA comes from the movies, and the cutscenes are more or less slight alterations on what's present in the films already. Much, much smaller cast, too, so you don't get a lot of the more fun team-ups.

fernoca

Do wonder if it will be an actual Marvel sequel, with everyone and the kitchen sink, or more like Avengers Plus, without X-Men, etc.

Cool. I played the original on PS4 and Avengers on Vita, and honestly I really liked both.

Really wondered what the next LEGO game was gonna be, quite an interesting choice. I believe there was a Guardians of the Galaxy tease in one of the recent games.

Looking forward to it! Hope it comes to Vita since that's where I'm most likely to play it.

Super Heroes is an original story starring a vast number of Marvel characters.

Avengers follows the two Avengers films (as well as some other Marvel films - Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3 etc). As such it mostly focuses only on characters that feature in the MCU. So no Xmen or Fantastic Four.

Yes, as I was saying before I've played MSH. I kinda skipped on Avengers because I was a little bored of the Lego Formula for a bit( though I went in on Lego Force Awakens and enjoyed it). I"m just surprised to see so many commenting here that Avengers let them down, and was curious as to why.

It's more like the normal movie license games that they do, so there's no original story, all the VA comes from the movies, and the cutscenes are more or less slight alterations on what's present in the films already. Much, much smaller cast, too, so you don't get a lot of the more fun team-ups.

I usually prefer the ones that are focused on a particular movie or franchise, since I like to see how they 'lego-cize' the various scenes.

I wonder if it's an all new story with mcu characters? At least it appears we are getting the mcu guardians. Probably dlc for Thor ragnarok and maybe Spider-Man homecoming. Hope it's still open world.

I wonder if we're going to get a Lego Batman 3 or finally get Lego DC Super Heroes.

Yes, as I was saying before I've played MSH. I kinda skipped on Avengers because I was a little bored of the Lego Formula for a bit( though I went in on Lego Force Awakens and enjoyed it). I"m just surprised to see so many commenting here that Avengers let them down, and was curious as to why.
I think for me, NYC from LMSH was the same as LMA. With slight modifications, here and there. Plus it was just a lot more fun than Avengers.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-TT-Games-LEGO
Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.

LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 will be available starting November 14, 2017 for PlayStation®4, Xbox One®, and PC. The game will be released for Nintendo Switch™ this holiday.

3DS & Vita dropped then. Bummer. Also sounds like late release on Switch for whatever reason.

Certinty

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-TT-Games-LEGO
Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.
No real mention of X-Men or F4 characters. Hmm...

That already sounds better then avengers

- original story
- new locations
- better cast of heroes

U2NUMB

I own every damn one of these (Lego Games) and I hardly put time in them ... I buy them physically too cause I just like having them. I need to play them... but some seems to take a while to 100%

Glad more are on the way though.. means they are doing well and they are generally good quality games.

Robin64

I hope the Switch case isn't final because that title logo being so far down bugs me more than it should. Bloody Switch logo.

This feels like the first piece of Marvel merch to not have Iron Man on the cover in years.

It's bigger than that. No proper Spider-Man, no Iron-Man, no Wolverine. Captain America and Hulk are both in weird get-ups that probably make casual observers do a double take. Besides the "weird blue Spider-Man" (I know who that is but most won't), the biggest character on the box is Rocket Raccoon.

Rocket Racoon!

Top Bottom