• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

tim1138

does the Wii U version support the local multiplayer second screen? I mean: if I play on the GamePad and another person is playing with another controller, does the game still split the tv screen in half, or me, on the GamePad, I get my own indipendent view on the action?

You each get your own independent views on your respective screens.

theDeeDubs

I have never enjoyed a Lego game and this one has it's hooks in me. Wow this game is good. Was needing
wanting
another next gen game and I'm glad I took a chance on it. Still working on my platinum trophy but I've already sunk 50+ hours into this. I agree with everyone that the flight controls are wonky though. They go from decent to wtf in a blink of an eye. Makes me tempted to check out that WiiU game now.

lt519

Anyone find a way around the trophy that requires two controllers? I'm thinking about getting Plat and am almost there but will likely stop if there is no way around this.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I have never enjoyed a Lego game and this one has it's hooks in me. Wow this game is good. Was needing
wanting
another next gen game and I'm glad I took a chance on it. Still working on my platinum trophy but I've already sunk 50+ hours into this. I agree with everyone that the flight controls are wonky though. They go from decent to wtf in a blink of an eye. Makes me tempted to check out that WiiU game now.

You mean City Undercover?
that is great, imho.
it lacks multiplayer modes, but man...both the irony of the narrative, the epicness of the final sequence, the uses of the gamepad and the foaming around the hub are simply great.

aquatarkusone

Neo Member
I've been playing this with my gf since launch on my pc. The attention to detail in animations and characters is excellent, and I'll list some of my favourite in spoilers below.

All the large character transformations, especially Hulk and Lizard. Curt Connors is actually missing a hand, and when he transforms he sprouts a tail and an arm and becomes the lizard. Ant-Man and Wasp can actually shrink, which is hilarious when you jump off shield-heli-carrier as tiny Ant-Man. Also, Spiderman can undress into Peter Parker and Wolverine and Colossus actually have a special fastball attack!

And my personal favourite animation:

When idle for a while the Beast sits down and reads a book while sipping tea!

I also just love zooming around as flying characters like Iron Man. The combat animations for a number of characters are also unique and it's great to see really obscure characters like
Squirrel Girl!

I didn't know of the
Fastball Special
. Nice to know!

Also, having played both PC and Wiiu versions, the mini map is kinda bad on the PC version. All the icons get mushed up. Otherwise it looks nice and blocky.

RulkezX

I'm going to have to disagree. this game is like a love letter to my comic book nerd self.

I managed to get the game for 29.99 @ Argos in the UK for PS4 and have been slowly playing through it with my 4 and 6 year old.

One of the most fun gaming experiences I've had in a long time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Been playing this on PC a little bit before bed lately, and honestly it's phenomenal. If you don't hate Marvel or hate LEGOs, I recommend playing this if you do enjoy fun. That's about as much detail as I need to get into for a review so like many have I wanted to just comment on some little things.

One thing it nails is just being a good Marvel game.

Obviously it's not serious, but it presents the universe tied mainly to the Cinematic Universe but also back to the various comic storylines that have seen no shortage of team-ups like Mr. Fantastic and the X-Men, Captain America and Spider-Man, etc, that we'll not soon, and possibly never see on the big screen. All the characters "work" once you know the basic controls and variations. and that's no small feat alone.

One thought I keep coming back to is just: say you want to play "the game where you can ____" and what you really want is to swing through an open world NYC as Venom, or fly through it as Nova. So what do you play? Before this game, no option. Now the answer is LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. Honestly, it's damn fun. Little touches like being able to jump off a building as Johnny Storm and turn into the Human Torch in midair to start flying (you know what he'll say) or hovering replete with purple bubble energy shield as Magneto just happen exactly like you'd expect, and it's wonderful. There are an unbelievable amount of unique idle and combat animations too.

It also does an admirable job making the LEGO impact more than just "the characters happen to kind of look like LEGOs." Breaking elements of the level down and rebuilding it to advance is completely par for the course in these games, many times over- but seeing it happen as one ability alongside your favorite web-slinging, lightning-striking, or, missile-launching (as one of 5 Iron Man suits including a Hulkbuster, plus War Machine/Iron Patriot via IM3, by the way), makes it seem fresh, and you're never impeded long enough to get bored.

Got the DLC for Symbiote Spider-Man and Phoenix, and truth be told I'd buy more. Want Nightcrawler :(

I was just playing as Ant-Man and in free roam and I fell through the floor into a void. Bizarrely I managed to switch to a flying character and flown over to a spec on the screen which turned out to be the lift from the helecarrier.

liger05

Not sure what mission it is but it's the one after where you beat doom and then lo ki unveils galactus. Anyway whenever I try to start this mission as soon as I try to go up to the carrier I can hear stuff but all I get is a black screen. Anyone else had this?

PS4 version.

ink4n3

I'm having problems finding the last Stan Lee in Peril. I've got 49/50 Stan Lee's, 249/250 gold bricks, and all characters unlocked except Stan. There are no more Stan Lee icons on the map and I've found him in every level.

Has anyone run into this? This is what is keeping me from getting 100%. I'm on Wii U if that matters.

Prozel

Bought and completed it on XBO. Great game and wow LEGO games have evolved since the Star Wars games (the last one i played).

Thinking of aiming for the 100% completion.

benjammin

Still loving this game. I have about a dozen gold bricks to go, all of them races including the one from the helicarrier down through the tunnels. Any tips on that one? The shaky flight controls make it way more difficult than it should be

I got the platinum trophy and then started again from scratch after getting bored with AC4 and not having anything else I want to play until Spider-Man.

Random screenshot I took this week:

4jag91H.jpg

tim1138

Hate to bump an older thread, but does anyone know what the recent Wii U update did? It took it to version 1.2 it looks like.

Dunkelgrau

Guys, I finished LEGO City Undercover last year and really loved it. No I heard that this one is open world, too. Should I give it a try or is LEGO City Undercover so much better? Would you prefer the PS3- or the PC-Version? How is the open world compared to LEGO City Undercover?

Thanks a lot!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
]blacky[;127996535 said:
Guys, I finished LEGO City Undercover last year and really loved it. No I heard that this one is open world, too. Should I give it a try or is LEGO City Undercover so much better? Would you prefer the PS3- or the PC-Version? How is the open world compared to LEGO City Undercover?

Thanks a lot!

Both are similar in that they have huge overworlds with stuff to do. I love them both and they're both worth playing.

PC version looks better.

Curufinwe

Does anyone know if the Wii U version runs better or worse than the 360 version? I'm thinking of getting this for someone as a birthday present, and those are two console options.

Zimmy68

Does anyone know if the Wii U version runs better or worse than the 360 version? I'm thinking of getting this for someone as a birthday present, and those are two console options.

The Wii U version probably runs the same or a little better.
But the real reason to get it is that it supports off screen multiplayer which is awesome.
One player can use the gamepad screen like a 2nd TV.

Apologies for the bump but I've gotta ask. Has anyone encountered an issue where there is no main menu during the title screen? Picked this up on Xbox One btw.

JP

Completed about 40% and I love games where you just go around collecting stuff after you've completed it but this is pretty heavy going for me. Do people have any practices in moving towards 100% or do they just pick something on the map and do that?

EDIT:
Oops, don't know what happened there.

Also. does anybody know how I get to this cordoned off area on the map? I have a Stan Lee icon and I know that I'm probably missing something obvious about getting there but I can't work it out. :(

helicarrierbelowdecks_zps72bf522a.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Also. does anybody know how I get to this cordoned off area on the map? I have a Stan Lee icon and I know that I'm probably missing something obvious about getting there but I can't work it out. :(

As the image filename says, that's below decks in the helicarrier.

Top Bottom