• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibdO405XU2qiAU.png

ib2xFSeJvl4sui.png

• Release Date: October 22
  • Release Date for Next Gen and EU: November 15
  • Players: 1-2 Offline
  • Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • Developer: TT Games
  • Platforms:
    • PS3, PS4, 360, X1, Steam and Wii U for the core/main game
    • DS, 3DS and Vita for Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril (Mobile version; varies in content)

iKYArrMtUn3i8.png

• Original story
  • Over 150 characters, each with unique powers
  • Over 50 drivable vehicles
  • Open world hub of Manhattan NYC, including a flying S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier above
  • Over 40 comic-book side missions, on top of many more activities in the open world including Stan Lee in Peril missions
  • Largest open-world in a LEGO game
  • Character creator

inWGn4qW4pBRw.png

Final console character list, with slashes denoting alternate costumes:

Iron Man (Mark 1) / Iron Man (Mark 6) / Iron Man (Mark 7) / Iron Man (Mark 42) / Tony Stark / Tony Stark (Underwear) / Iron Man (Heroic Age) / Iron Man (Heartbreaker)
Hulk
Spider-Man / Spider-Man (F.F.)
Captain America / Captain America (Classic)
Mister Fantastic / Mister Fantastic (F.F.)
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Wolverine / Wolverine (Cowl)
Human Torch
Thor / Thor (Classic)
Cyclops / Cyclops (Astonishing)
Jean Grey / Phoenix
Storm
Beast
Iceman
Invisible Woman / Invisible Woman (F.F.)
Thing / Thing (F.F.)
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Agent Coulson
Abomination
Absorbing Man
A.I.M. Agent
Aldrich Killian
Ant-Man
Archangel
Arnim Zola
Aunt May
Beetle
Black Bolt
Black Cat
Black Panther
Blade
Blob
Bullseye
Captain Britain
Carnage
Colossus
Curt Connors
Damage Control
Daredevil
Deadpool
Destroyer (MiniFig)
Doctor Doom
Doctor Octopus / Doctor Octopus (Ultimate)
Doctor Strange
Doombot
Doombot (V-Series)
Dormammu
Drax
Electro / Electro (Ultimate)
Elektra
Emma Frost
Frost Giant
Galactus
Gambit
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Green Goblin
Green Goblin (Ultimate)
Groot
Gwen Stacy
Havok
Heimdall
H.E.R.B.I.E.
Howard the Duck
Hydra Agent
Iron Fist
Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
J. Jonah Jameson
Juggernaut
Kingpin
Kingpin Henchman
Kraven the Hunter
Kurse
Laufey
Leader
Liberty
Loki
Magneto
Magneto Acolyte
Malekith
Mandarin / Mandarin (film)
Mary Jane Watson
Mastermind
Mini Sentinel
M.O.D.O.K.
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Mysterio
Mystique
Nightmare
Nova
Pepper Potts / Rescue
Polaris
Power Man
Professor X
Psylocke
Punisher
Pyro
Red Hulk
Red Skull
Rhino
Rocket Raccoon
Ronan the Accuser
Roxxon Guard
Sabretooth
Sandman
Sandman Goon
She-Hulk
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
Shocker
Silver Samurai
Silver Surfer
Spider-Woman
Squirrel Girl
Stan Lee
Star-Lord
Superior Spider-Man
Super-Skrull
Symbiote Scientist
Symbiote Scientist (Hazmat)
Taskmaster
Toad
Union Jack
Venom
Viper
Vulture
War Machine / Iron Patriot
Wasp
Whiplash
Wizard

Some characters are exclusive to Universe in Peril, but are unspecified at the moment.

inb7u6UG2uNaf.png

BWuAmiwIMAEJ4T5.jpg

Super Pack
  • Select retailer pre-order bonus; available to public as paid DLC later
  • New vehicles
  • New races in the open-world
  • 8 new characters/costumes:
    • A Bomb
    • Beta Ray Bill
    • Dark Phoenix
    • Falcon
    • Classic Hawkeye
    • Symbiote Spiderman
    • Thanos
    • Winter Soldier

cpdr.jpg

Asgard DLC
  • Thor: The Dark World tie-in
  • Available at launch
  • Price TBA
  • 8 Characters:
    • Fandral
    • Hogun
    • Jane Foster
    • Kurse
    • Malekith
    • Odin
    • Sif
    • Volstagg

iU16MJCpfqWUO.png

*sigh* ANOTHER LEGO game?
HELLS YEAH! But seriously, it's a LEGO game. The appeal is that they all play the same and apply themselves to different properties.

Why isn't Nightcrawler / Rogue / Megaman / Dum Dum Dugan in this game?
They very well could be, we don't know the entire roster yet, and the list above still has some very strong assumptions tied to it.

Will there be more DLC characters?
We don't know, but generally the LEGO games have not had extended DLC support.

Is there a demo for the game?
Yes, and it's available now on 360, PS3 and at LEGO.com. It will also be on Wii U at an unannounced date.

What's the difference between next gen and current gen versions?
We don't know exactly. Off-hand, the game director has mentioned that next-gen allows better streaming, more polished textures and more particles, but we've yet to see any footage that we knew was running on next-gen consoles. Apparently at NYCC, it was being demoed on the PS4, but all we have is blurry Vines to go off of.

What's the difference between console and mobile versions?
Again, we don't really know. The mobile versions are developed by a different developer, and it's best to use previous LEGO Mobile games to temper your expectations for the amount of content to expect, which is generally a tighter roster and more linear, focused levels. The 3DS is the lead platform, with the Vita receiving a port,

Why isn't this on the Wii?
The developers felt they needed to move on as technology moves on. tl;dr No1 curr.

pa22word

Hope this is good. The concept is really interesting, but it seems like it's a really easy concept to overextend their reach and end up with a lot of okay to good content rather than focusing on a few superheros and ending up with a game filled with great content.

Anth0ny

why can't we get that list of characters in mvc

marvel pls ; _ ;

I'm definitely checking this game out. So many characters.

Alx

I liked the demo on the 360 (not sure it'll be worth playing on next gen, it's only Lego after all). Of course it's easy and hand-holding, but fun and you can guess the appeal of accessing different parts of a level depending on your character ability.
After Lego Batman 2, it's a great thing to have daylight levels, too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Absolutely cannot wait for this. I remember thinking the week before this was announced "they should make a LEGO Avengers game! The powers would fit so well! Shame the games are made by WB and they're DC". Then this canes along. The fanservice in this game is spectacular. So many character, so many different powers, it's going to be their best game yet. Picked up all the rest on 360 but will probably grab this on Steam or next-gen shine.

Pretty interested to see how these games have evolved since the Star Wars games. Gonna hold out for the Ps4 version, but hyped nonetheless.

pa22word

Kinda weird the game isn't available for prepurchase yet on steam. Also, the game has a $10 credit for it over on amazon, which brings the PCv down to $20 for a launch copy. Might snag it at that...

blackflag

My 6 year old son and I are going to have so much fun with this. We beat batman2 together but he likes marvel better.

Also preordered it for my 15 year old daughter.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Pretty interested to see how these games have evolved since the Star Wars games. Gonna hold out for the Ps4 version, but hyped nonetheless.
I you haven played one since the Star Wars games you're in for a treat. There's been lots of little refinements over the games through the years, not to mention all the open world stuff now.
Kinda weird the game isn't available for prepurchase yet on steam. Also, the game has a $10 credit for it over on amazon, which brings the PCv down to $20 for a launch copy. Might snag it at that...
Is that for a digital copy or physical? I think GetGamesGo has it for cheaper as well, don't know if that's a Steam copy though.

Great OT.

This is the first LEGO game I'm really diving into myself beyond some pick up and play with friends.

The character list is amazing, but I do hope that they plan to churn out even more DLC for this game. There are a lot of characters I'd still like to see make it in.

pa22word

Is that for a digital copy or physical? I think GetGamesGo has it for cheaper as well, don't know if that's a Steam copy though.

Seems to be a physical version, and I would assume it requires steam as the GMG page seems to indicate that it's a steamworks game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hope this is good. The concept is really interesting, but it seems like it's a really easy concept to overextend their reach and end up with a lot of okay to good content rather than focusing on a few superheros and ending up with a game filled with great content.
I think the biggest appeal of this game is how impressive it is on a both macro and micro scale. But the macro is what matters more.

It's the largest roster in a LEGO game by far and on top of that, I don't think so much detail has gone into making each character unique before. Different targeting reticules, animations, character-specific transformations (many just for fun), individualized powers, team-specific interactions and dialogue, the addition of BigFigs, etc.

I don't think they could overextend really. There's only 20 or so characters you wield throughout the story, so there is a bit of restraint in the story, but I think with a property this size it would be underwhelming if there wasn't much outside of that or in free play. All signs point towards the most content-packed, expansive and polished LEGO game ever. I'm just impressed they have this large open world plus 14 story mission which visit other places in the universe plus tens of unique interiors for comic book missions.

Looking forward to playing this with the wife, she loved the demo haha

Not sure if the price difference is worth going PS4 though so may get it on PS3, not too sure yet though

Wolfie5

Seems to be a physical version, and I would assume it requires steam as the GMG page seems to indicate that it's a steamworks game.

Had to check at GMG and it does say requires steam. Hope it´s true.

Also noticed there is a sale for Lego batman 1 and 2 (75% off). And there is 75% of "Lego complete pack" which includes:
LEGO Batman
LEGO Batman 2
LEGO Harry Potter 1-4
LEGO Harry Potter 5-7
LEGO Lord of the Rings

How are the Harry potter games? Any good? I am thinking of buying this pack instead, even though I already have lotr. Anyone who can recommend these games?

LQX

Was thinking of getting this on Vita. Anyone has past experience with the Lego games on Vita? Do they play and look good?

Was thinking of getting this on Vita. Anyone has past experience with the Lego games on Vita? Do they play and look good?

I have Lego Lord of the Rings, been playing through it the past few days. I haven't properly played a Lego game before, but Lego LOTR on Vita is pretty average. Looks pretty substandard compared to a lot of other games, and I find the combat and platforming very imprecise.

I don't really find myself having a whole lot of fun with it.

Damage Control? H.E.R.B.I.E?!? Oh man, TT are even bigger Marvel nerds than they are Star Wars nerds, I love it.

I hope Drax and Adam Warlock make it in though, they've got pretty much all the other major Guardians.

Xater

If Lego Lord of the Rings is any indication stay away. Terrible version of the game. Not that the game was great to begin with.

GameSeeker

Yes! I'm picking this us for the PS4. Are we sure the PS4 version is coming on Nov. 15th? I pre-ordered it via Amazon and Amazon shows Nov. 30th for the PS4 version.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I might buy this on PC I might buy this on PS4. It depends on which version lets me get Beta Ray Bill. They never put out the DLC for PC on Lego Batman 2.

Mecca

I haven't heard much about this game, but I love the Lego franchise so I will be picking this up. I just hope people like me who don't know much about comics/superheroes can still have fun. Not sure if I'm going to get it on the Wii U or PS3. I still haven't 100% Batman 2 on the PS3 because of that ridiculous
Billion Stud
trophy.

Necrovex

Thinking about whether to play this on the PS3 or PS4. Any idea if there will be any noticeable differences between the two versions? I cannot imagine a next-gen system would be able to do much more with a lego game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Had to check at GMG and it does say requires steam. Hope it´s true.

Also noticed there is a sale for Lego batman 1 and 2 (75% off). And there is 75% of "Lego complete pack" which includes:
LEGO Batman
LEGO Batman 2
LEGO Harry Potter 1-4
LEGO Harry Potter 5-7
LEGO Lord of the Rings

How are the Harry potter games? Any good? I am thinking of buying this pack instead, even though I already have lotr. Anyone who can recommend these games?

Lego Batman 1 is the worst Lego game the team has made, an overreliance on bland suit-powers and dull stage objectives and "original Batman tales" made it a rough ride to get through I felt.

Batman 2 was a massive improvement however. First game to expand the hub into a massive open explorable world with plenty to discover and do between core levels...which were also improved. The switch to voice acting really helped make the experience a lot more engaging.

Harry Potter games are very solid, more puzzle-focused than most other Lego games(lots of magic spells to tinker about in the environment for secrets and puzzles, rather than tossing an abundance of enemies at you as in other Lego games. They are slower paced, but more thoughtful and tracked the films quite well.

Lord of the Rings is one of the best Lego games yet. Middle Earth is expansive and open ala Batman 2, and the individual stages do a nifty job of following the films with some slight twists.

It's a solid package of games, minus Batman 1.

LQX

I have Lego Lord of the Rings, been playing through it the past few days. I haven't properly played a Lego game before, but Lego LOTR on Vita is pretty average. Looks pretty substandard compared to a lot of other games, and I find the combat and platforming very imprecise.

I don't really find myself having a whole lot of fun with it.

If Lego Lord of the Rings is any indication stay away. Terrible version of the game. Not that the game was great to begin with.
PC version it is. Thanks dudes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lego Batman 1 is the worst Lego game the team has made, an overreliance on bland suit-powers and dull stage objectives and "original Batman tales" made it a rough ride to get through I felt.

Batman 2 was a massive improvement however. First game to expand the hub into a massive open explorable world with plenty to discover and do between core levels...
Technically, LOTR did this before Batman 2

Top Bottom