• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

Wasp

I think I will get this for Christmas, for the PS4. Should make a great Christmas Day game to play with the family. I hope the PS4 version is 1080p and 60fps.

mjc

I have Lego Lord of the Rings, been playing through it the past few days. I haven't properly played a Lego game before, but Lego LOTR on Vita is pretty average. Looks pretty substandard compared to a lot of other games, and I find the combat and platforming very imprecise.

I don't really find myself having a whole lot of fun with it.

The Vita Lego games aren't much to shake a stick at IMO. Best to go with the console versions as they can produce a better game.

I was impressed with the demo of this game though, got my X1 copy preordered already. And FYI Gamestop has that Super Pack DLC as a preorder bonus.

So excited to see next-gen consoles showing up on the platforms list ^_^

Definitely picking this up on PS4. Those Stan Lee in Perils are going to be amazing. Love that man.

bryanee

Huge fan of Lego Batman 2, easily the best of the bunch so see this is similar is very pleasing to me.

I pre-ordered it for the PS4 yesterday, something had to replace Watch Dogs and the demo for this was great fun. That brings the PS4 game tally up to 7 titles.

Alx

Not sure if I will get out this year on ps3 or wait until next year when I get a ps4...

I'm not sure there's much benefit in playing the game on next gen consoles. After all, the very concept of the game makes simple shapes and textures a requirement. ;)
I thought the rendering of the demo was perfect on current gen, and I can't see how it could be made better.

I've got this preordered on WiiU. Lego City Undercover was fantastic and has really crisp visuals.

Do we know how the WiiU version will perform (technical compared to PS3/360/PS4/XBO)?

Is 3DS/PSV open world or just missions from the campaign?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I want it for the PS4, but no one has announced the DLC pack pre-order yet?

I'm not sure there's much benefit in playing the game on next gen consoles. After all, the very concept of the game makes simple shapes and textures a requirement. ;)
I thought the rendering of the demo was perfect on current gen, and I can't see how it could be made better.

Other than 1080P 60fps versus 720P with tons of aliasing and ~30fps with tearing or hiccups?

I'm not quite as excited as you but still very happy about Dark Phoenix as well. Damn, November will be such a money dump. >.<

I didn't have any doubts that Jean would appear but I was really hoping that Phoenix would be an alt costume but I never even thought about Dark Phoenix! A friend was nice enough to get me the GAME Exclusive LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes Super Pack as none of the retailers here had it.

HYPE!

Alx

Other than 1080P 60fps versus 720P with tons of aliasing and ~30fps with tearing or hiccups?

I don't know, the demo was clean and smooth, and I wouldn't expect otherwise for the full game. It's not like it's a huge feat to render plastic cubes and figures.

Slayven

Damage Control? H.E.R.B.I.E?!? Oh man, TT are even bigger Marvel nerds than they are Star Wars nerds, I love it.

I hope Drax and Adam Warlock make it in though, they've got pretty much all the other major Guardians.

No Thunderstrike? Preorder canceled.

GatorBait

I'm not too familiar with the past Lego games, but have any of them had DLC and did they release any later versions with all the DLC included? This game seems like it is going to have a lot of DLC and I want to get a "complete" version of the game, so it seems like a prime candidate to wait for a later release with DLC included on disc.

MisterM

cant miss this, hopefully the PC controls don't suck

What? Use a gamepad.

Me and the boy have played through the demo three times on the PC...he is mega-hyyyyped! The gf played through with him a couple of times too.

It should be one of the best games we can play together, he's 6 and I'm sick of Minecraft.

Wasp

I don't know, the demo was clean and smooth, and I wouldn't expect otherwise for the full game. It's not like it's a huge feat to render plastic cubes and figures.
There's a huge free roaming city hub too outside the linear levels. Lego Batman 2 had pop-up and a low framerate (especially in splitscreen) in its free roaming city.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was thinking of getting this on Vita. Anyone has past experience with the Lego games on Vita? Do they play and look good?
It's a 3DS port, stay far away.

Yes! I'm picking this us for the PS4. Are we sure the PS4 version is coming on Nov. 15th? I pre-ordered it via Amazon and Amazon shows Nov. 30th for the PS4 version.
TBH we're seeing so many mixed messages when it comes to release dates, I don't even know. The developers have never given a firm next gen release date either but it is listed as a launch title most places. God knows.

I might buy this on PC I might buy this on PS4. It depends on which version lets me get Beta Ray Bill. They never put out the DLC for PC on Lego Batman 2.
I seem to recall them saying the PC version will get all the DLC, but, unfortunately, it's best to wait it out of you really want one of the DLC characters.

I've got this preordered on WiiU. Lego City Undercover was fantastic and has really crisp visuals.

Do we know how the WiiU version will perform (technical compared to PS3/360/PS4/XBO)?

All we know about the Wii U version is that it has off-TV play.

And we don't know what the 3DS/PSV versions are like at all, but I think it's safe to say they won't have a gigantic open world. I wouldn't recommend the mobile games to anyone.

I'm not too familiar with the past Lego games, but have any of them had DLC and did they release any later versions with all the DLC included? This game seems like it is going to have a lot of DLC and I want to get a "complete" version of the game, so it seems like a prime candidate to wait for a later release with DLC included on disc.
It's always the opposite. Don't hold out on a GotY version, because it will never happen. That's also partially because LEGO games don't have substantive DLC either, contrary to what were seeing now for LMSH. They usually pump out what they can into the product and move on.

I would be surprised if they even did more DLC than the Asgard pack if I'm honest. It would be cool considering Marvel has all of these movies coming out and so much to pull from, but wouldn't exactly be following how they've handled every other property in the past.

JSoup

Banned
It makes me very happy to see all the LEGO game love. All of them have been great, with the only dud being Indiana Jones.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I just realized/noticed this

Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Developer: TT Games

this is amazing really, WB (they own TT games as well) was actually ok to do this, they know they can benefit from it and they did it.

Now Marvel need to ask WB to let Rocksteady make a Wolverine game next.

winjet81

PSP iterations of Lego Star Wars 2, Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Batman were in line with the console versions. Great games.

Since then, the PSP versions of Lego LotR, Harry Potter and PotC and the Vita versions of Lego Batman, Harry Potter and LotR have been atrocious ports of the DS/3DS games.

I'm guessing that this iteration will be equally bad.

abundant

The open world looks cool, an improvement over Batman 2. Various character icons are spread throughout the map and in order to unlock them, you must complete an objective like destroy a set amount of objects in a certain amount of time or complete a checkpoint race. Once completed, you then go to your character grid, find the character and pay the right amount of studs to unlock them. This also includes Alts.

Also the Hulkbuster Iron Man suit is badass.

MAtgS

Handheld version seems to be a wholly separate game with its own plot, probably to give reason for double dipping. It was 45 missions though if that actually means 45 individual levels or a bunch of fetch quests. Hub world is a big question mark (Lego City 3DS had the overworld but no levels so its anyone's guess)

jetsetrez

I played the demo from Lego's website, then immediately pre-purchased a copy from Greenman. :) It's $29.99 for PC, and you can use their 25% off coupon as well, came out to something like $22, for what looks like the best Lego game (or comic-themed game in general) in quite a while.

Batman is my favorite superhero, but I really think the Marvel universe lends itself better to the style of the Lego games; the humor and tone fit better, and more importantly, the variety of characters in the Marvel universe should make the game feel consistently fresh as you jump from character to character. Great fanservice, humor, and constant variety sound like a winning combination. :)

Arkham Origins and Lego Marvel coming up so soon, going to be a fun time for comic-themed games. :D

DrZeus

The only question I have is whether or not to get this at launch for PS4 or on BF where it is bound to be discounted. Either way consider it purchased and enjoyed by my gf and I. She loved LEGO Batman 2!

Chemo

Man, I thought that this might be my chance to get to play as Longshot. Mojoverse DLC with Longshot, Dazzler, and Spiral and a whole Mojo scenario or I'm probably going to sit this one out.

Looks like I'll probably sit this one out. :(

What's up with that thread title? I'm not a Marvel fanboy, I wouldn't know.

The Cosmic Bricks are a plot device in this game. Silver Surfer's board gets fucked up and the pieces of it are called Cosmic Bricks.

And no, there hasn't been reports of the game bricking anyone's console. :p

I'm interested because it's Marvel. But they seriously need to start giving Josh Keaton Spider-Man roles again. But at least it's James Arnold Taylor and not Drake Bell. Also Symbiote suit looks boss, but it's bullshit that it's dlc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some timestamps:

Venom/BigFig Venom in action.

Hulkbuster Armor in action. Looks fucking beast.

Is this game 4 player co-op locally? I might get it for the 360.
No, only 2.

there is a character creator? do we have any real info on this?
Yeah, we do. There are a ton of custom character slots at the bottom and you mix and match pieces from the existing characters and give them the powers you want. Footage of it here. The guy is sort of frustrating to watch, but he gets into it a bit.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Me and my wife are really looking forward to this. We've been playing the LEGO games together since the PS2 version of LEGO Star Wars. I'm also a much bigger Marvel fan than DC fan (although I also loved LEGO Batman 1 and 2), so that's icing on the cake.

I'll be getting the PS4 version when it releases, though. I really hope it's in time for launch.

Top Bottom