• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

Yoday

My TV tells me that the PS3 demo is running in 1080p. It sure didn't look like it though which leads me to believe that it is some weird resolution stretched to 1080 like 1280x1080 or something.

Spinluck

I don't know, the demo was clean and smooth, and I wouldn't expect otherwise for the full game. It's not like it's a huge feat to render plastic cubes and figures.

It runs ok. But holy shit there is aliasing everywhere, and the frame dips every now and then but nothing too bad. I usually don't complain about this sort of thing, but playing this in 1080p 60fps will be awesome.

I gotta say, I played the demo with my brother just now and had a blast. Especially at the end of the demo where you fight Knack. We had some pretty good lols throughout it. Playing wiff Spider-Man was fun.

I also like the humor in the LEGO games, such good fun, and pretty good voice acting too. It's a shame I won't have anyone to play this with when I get it (I'm visiting my family right now). But I'm definitely getting it for PS4.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So how do we pre-order digital versions of this for PS4? I want any pre-order DLC it may come with, but I don't want the physical disc version. I checked the PS3 store and only see the PS3 version available for pre-order and the PS4 section only has Knack and some other game up for pre-order.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New interview.

A lot of the same stuff we've heard but he hints that there's an unlock for actually watching the post-credits scene (which itself is an unlock for watching the credits) in full. Methinks Galactus.

jwtsonga

I know it is only $22.50 off Green Man, but do you think there will be a price drop around Xmas?? Apparently Lego LOTR was $10, two months after release!!

Tizoc

I know it is only $22.50 off Green Man, but do you think there will be a price drop around Xmas?? Apparently Lego LOTR was $10, two months after release!!

If you intend to play it as soon as you get it, then you can get it off GMG.
If you're not in a hurry to get it, wait til the X-Mas offers/sales.

Redshirt

Banned

This is my concern as well. I really want this game at launch, but I'm just going to wait. I'll have plenty to keep me occupied, and I'll snatch this after Christmas when it's dirt cheap.

Sh0k

Any idea if this game has the same 2 player option than Lego Batman 2 on the Wii U ? Playing two players, one on the TV and one on the gamepad without split screen is reason enough to purchase it for the Wii U, hate how the lego games handles split screen.

Bog

Junior Ace
Does the Wii U have co-op where one person can use the pad screen and the other uses the TV?

Zarovitch

I think it'll be more like the open world sections of LEGO Batman 2 and LotR, where the open world acts as a hub for the regular levels. The level from the demo is certainly not open-world, anyway.

ok thanks, i've not played Batman and LotR.
I'll try the demo if it come for the WiiU.

curb

Banned
My TV tells me that the PS3 demo is running in 1080p. It sure didn't look like it though which leads me to believe that it is some weird resolution stretched to 1080 like 1280x1080 or something.

I wondered the same thing. The details around the UI look stretched and rough around the edges.

tebunker

Banned
Any idea if this game has the same 2 player option than Lego Batman 2 on the Wii U ? Playing two players, one on the TV and one on the gamepad without split screen is reason enough to purchase it for the Wii U, hate how the lego games handles split screen.
Yeah if you watch that youtube interview, the WiiU version co-op definitely uses the gamepad for one player and tv for the other. Guy said it was great because you could be in two totally different places at once

bodine1231

I hope this game comes out tomorrow on PC because I just bought it on GMG and when I went to authenticate it I noticed it doesn't even have a Steam page yet.

MrDaravon

Our Gamefly copy of this shipped this morning (too broke to just buy it for full price at retail), I am super pumped. Do we have any sort of confirmed full roster yet?

Drayco21

1385744_10151909581137488_645235015_n.jpg

Dormammu was revealed as the daily character thing today, he looks pretty sick in Lego form. Wonder if he'll play into the story at all, or if he's just one of the many freeplay characters?

jwtsonga

Lol apart from the game is capped at 30

Although you can force it out of it with Agee tricks and tweaks

my rig is too weak to play it at 60fps, so i had capped it to 30 fps using radeonpro anyway.

But I hate it when developers cap it to 30 fps .....lots of PC gamers want a smoother framerate than that!! Hope they allow up to 60 fps in the final game!

darknemus

Just in case anyone has concern about the PC version being potentially delayed (as I've read in a couple of places) - my pre-order copy I ordered through Amazon for release date delivery has been shipped and is due to arrive here tomorrow. Its on disc so I have no clue if its also Steamworks or whathavenot but, supposedly, I should have the game sometime in the AM.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My copy shipped! Woo! Won't get to play it until late at night though.

But does it have co-op with off-TV play for one person while the other plays on the TV?
Yes.

That timestamp also includes the interviewer's impressions of the differences between the next gen (PS4) and 360 versions. Wii U bit is right after that question and closer to the end of the video.

Drayco21

This leaked recently. For all intents and purposes, it seems legit, but I don't think it's full. A lot of alts are listed separately when they all take up one cycling slot in the final game, yet the total slot size is about the same.

Odd leak all around, no idea how only part of it would come out.

I heard it was from the files in demo. Either way, we know it's not a full leak, because their are confirmed characters not seen in it. I don't see Black Cat in any of them, for instance. Though I may also just be shit at looking for things.

Sats

Banned
I bought it off of GMG, and I got my code, but after putting it into Steam, I don't see the game in my library.

Fake Edit: Also there is no Steam page for the game yet...

Top Bottom