• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When someone gets the game tomorrow, can they confirm that red bricks are still in the game? Just so I can get a priority list of what to buy ahead of time to make unlocking all those hundred thousand plus stud characters easier.

It'll show up when it's officially released on Steam.
No sign of it in the registry ATM, from a brief look. Would suck if it's a staggered release on PC, but that makes no sense.

No sign of it in the registry ATM, from a brief look. Would suck if it's a staggered release on PC, but that makes no sense.
They've done that before, IIRC. Where they release the PC physical version day-and-date with the console versions, but the DD version comes out on Steam a few weeks later.

I'm hoping that's not the case as I cancelled my PS4 pre-order so I can play this game right away on my PC.

BluWacky

This may sound crazy, but is there any way of buying the digital version of this for PC that doesn't involve Steam? I live in a school where Steam is blocked (as is PSN and the Xbox marketplace so I can't buy the console versions either) so was hoping there would be some other outlet for it, although I'm guessing there probably isn't. I love the Lego games but can't face waiting a month for its UK release so wanted to buy the US version, but I'm guessing that's going to be impossible :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
ive heard the opposite, that 1 is better than 2

It's been a while since I've played the two of them but I think 2 benefits slightly from the experience TT gained through developing subsequent titles, there's a bit more to it and a bit of an open world hub area, but in revisiting the same levels again then you get the slightly less iconic scenes from the films and so it's maybe not quite as satisfying for some people. I think 2 is better technically though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This may sound crazy, but is there any way of buying the digital version of this for PC that doesn't involve Steam? I live in a school where Steam is blocked (as is PSN and the Xbox marketplace so I can't buy the console versions either) so was hoping there would be some other outlet for it, although I'm guessing there probably isn't. I love the Lego games but can't face waiting a month for its UK release so wanted to buy the US version, but I'm guessing that's going to be impossible :(

could import from eg videogamesplus.ca? You'd have it probably next week.

MisterM

I asked in the Steam thread and TunnelBear was suggested in conjunction with GamersGate/GMG to get a US Steam key but I seem to be getting stuck on the payment.

Can anyone please suggest a way of legally obtaining a US key for Lego Marvel, please?

Sadist

Will buy next year, other games have my priority now. Still, will be the first Lego game I'll play in years. Becuz Maaaaahvel.

Rootbeer

Banned
Steam version bought! Thanks once again, GMG.

I was thinking about holding off for the PS4 version... but I'm not sure it's worth paying $30 (almost 40 with GMG discount) more a whole month later especially when the PC version will *still* probably look better (even if very slightly). Now that these LEGO games also use Steamworks, it makes the choice a lot easier. I am concerned about if the Steam version will support the character DLCs we've heard about though.

My only big loss here is I'll have to play with the 360 gamepad instead of the shiny new DS4. But even that may not be an issue since we know the DS4 will have some basic PC functionality

DagsJT

I asked in the Steam thread and TunnelBear was suggested in conjunction with GamersGate/GMG to get a US Steam key but I seem to be getting stuck on the payment.

Can anyone please suggest a way of legally obtaining a US key for Lego Marvel, please?

I posted a link earlier. You can use GMG UK and access the North American version of Marvel to purchase. I preordered it yesterday and got my key last night.

sounds like a terrible place. go to a better school!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Its not even listed on team so who the hell knows

Yeah, this is what I mean. I don't think the previous games were listed ahead of their release either, so I was just wondering if there was a specific time that the store gets updated generally, so I'd know when to look for it.

Yeah, this is what I mean. I don't think the previous games were listed ahead of their release either, so I was just wondering if there was a specific time that the store gets updated generally, so I'd know when to look for it.

steam doesn't have a specific time for store updates, I can happen any moment from now till Midnight, if they are releasing it today

Sometimes 1PM ET, sometimes it's just all over the place

BluWacky

Steam is blocked though, even if they buy it they can't activate the game.

Indeed. I could get around it by using my phone as a wireless hotspot and buying/downloading over that (and putting Steam into offline mode afterwards so I can play it). By which point, however, I'll have used up so much bandwidth on my phone's 3G connection I could probably have bought two copies - and as much as I want the game, I don't want it THAT much :p

It's not the end of the world - I can just wait for the Euro release next month, or probably even longer. But you know what it's like when you get the urge to buy a game, and you get it real bad...

winjet81

The overhead view seems to suggest they're planning a mobile version, easier to move characters with touch controls in that perspective.

That isometric view brings back memories of the horrible PSP/DS version of Lego Harry Potter years 1-4:

Image%201.jpg

Foshy

So, would this be a good open-world replacement for Watch Dogs on my PS4? I've been looking at some gameplay videos and it looks quite fun.

Can you free-roam in splitscreen too? If yes, I'm getting this.

Also, something is off to me about the Lego Captain America. It might be the lack of the wing design on the side of the head. I don't know why it's missing, as even the movie version had it in some form. I also feel like it should be a lighter shade of blue. I'm only nitpicking 'cause Captain America is my favorite character.

Chairhome

My wife is bringing the wii u version home now and I called in sick from work (not to play hooky, haha). I'll give impressions in a few hours if no one has by then.

Xander51

I might take the risk and pick up the 3DS version. I'm a rarity in that I love the portable Lego games in addition to the console versions, and I thought Lego City Undercover on the 3DS was really fun.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So is this basically Lego City skinned with Marvel?

If so, I'll grab it on Wii U after work.

And if Lego City wasn't the first fully open world Lego game I apologize. My last Lego game prior to that was Lego Harry Potter 1.

Vizzeh

Banned
This maybe my first LEGO game, but only interested in it for NEXT-GEN PS4, would have liked to hear about that addressed in the review.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
This maybe my first LEGO game, but only interested in it for NEXT-GEN PS4, would have liked to hear about that addressed in the review.

I honestly have no idea what they will be able to do... Assuming all current gen is running at least 720p, and Wii U I am assuming is using newer shaders (at least it did in Lego City).

I can't imagine what they will do that's worth $10 of my money and a nearly 4 week wait. For me certainly not a 1080p bump and nothing more (which is what I'm guessing)

Vitor711

I honestly have no idea what they will be able to do... Assuming all current gen is running at least 720p, and Wii U I am assuming is using newer shaders (at least it did in Lego City).

I can't imagine what they will do that's worth $10 of my money and a nearly 4 week wait. For me certainly not a 1080p bump and nothing more (which is what I'm guessing)

At least you have a choice. It all comes out in 4 weeks for those of us in the EU. And I just want my PC version.

Ive never bought a Vita version of a LEGO game but I'm thinking about jumping in with this one. Are they usually well received and comparable to the console versions?

Top Bottom