• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
Glad to have helped. I've had Hulk Lab Smash and Joker Steamroller in my cart all day. I'm trying to save some money to make sure I have enough for an ExoSuit or two and one of the new Star Wars sets Aug. 1st. If I was a prudent person I wouldn't get involved with the blackhole that is Star Wars Lego, get one Exosuit and the Ecto-1 for my friend for xmas instead. On the other hand this is only $20 off one set which are both listed as MSRP and i'm sure eventually will be on sale, maybe.

Damn, even I step back and realize how crazy I sound trying to rationalize Lego purchases.

Ainaurdur

Damn, even I step back and realize how crazy I sound trying to rationalize Lego purchases.
I do it too. Most of us probably do.
I had considered leaving the stuff in my cart and waiting until later before making a final decision. But knew it was futile. Went ahead and pulled the trigger before it was too late.

My Shadow Leo bootleg came!! That was INSANELY fast! Wow! Shipping quited the delivery as being sometime in mid-August!

He looks pretty good. Printing is a little off on one eye and mouth but I can probably fix it on my own. I want to order 3 more and figure out a way to repaint their masks so I can have all 4 Shadow Turtles!!!

Also I stopped by work and all the new Star Wars, Chima, Technic, and Arctic sets are out. Again, YMMV by store, but they're in the wild as of yesterday.

So any chance of the US Lego Stores doing the same promo as Europe for the Mini Cooper, where if you buy the Mini Cooper starting 7/17 you also get the mini polybag version?

If not, I guess I'll hold off until 8/1 to get the Mini Cooper and the Exo-Suit in one fell swoop.
Yes, pretty sure that promotion will be in the US. Isn't it on the August calendar?

My Shadow Leo bootleg came!! That was INSANELY fast! Wow! Shipping quited the delivery as being sometime in mid-August!

He looks pretty good. Printing is a little off on one eye and mouth but I can probably fix it on my own. I want to order 3 more and figure out a way to repaint their masks so I can have all 4 Shadow Turtles!!!

Also I stopped by work and all the new Star Wars, Chima, Technic, and Arctic sets are out. Again, YMMV by store, but they're in the wild as of yesterday.

Yes, pretty sure that promotion will be in the US. Isn't it on the August calendar?

It's on the August calender if you spend x amount in August you get the Mini Cooper polybag, but the Europe promo is if you buy the full size Mini from 7-17/7-31 you can get the polybag then instead.

It's on the August calender if you spend x amount in August you get the Mini Cooper polybag, but the Europe promo is if you buy the full size Mini from 7-17/7-31 you can get the polybag then instead.

Oh, right. I had assumed it was the same, because the price cap to get the ... mini Mini would be met by just buying the Mini Cooper.

August 1st - though some LEGO stores already have it and are putting it on shelves as there are no restrictions.

WHAAAA! Must look into this. Was just gonna go nuts with exo suits and research institute on the 1st to get free shipping. Think I have to hit the store on lunch break tomorrow.

Made a mini lego mech thing, it has electric arms and stuff :0

jW0zNbL.png

Its based on these instructions if anyone is interested.

FYI: Netflix USA has a short documentary called "Inside LEGO" right now. It appears to be part of a series about many companies. I have it in my queue, but have not watched it yet.

Rootbeer

Banned
FYI: Netflix USA has a short documentary called "Inside LEGO" right now. It appears to be part of a series about many companies. I have it in my queue, but have not watched it yet.

Yeah i've watched a few of those, particularly the ones on fast food restaurants (can't help it :p their backstories fascinate me!)

Will watch it soon. But I'm really waiting on that full fledged LEGO documentary that's supposed to come out soon.

What in the--!?!? I've never had anything from China come that fast. Anyway I need to order those.
just heads up looks like amazon is matching TRU bogo40% sale and alot of sets including most of the new ones and GoTG sets.
How come the GotG sets are there but not the X-Men set? :( Well nothing for me... again, sigh. I gotta stop buying stuff at msrp

Experien

Yeah i've watched a few of those, particularly the ones on fast food restaurants (can't help it :p their backstories fascinate me!)

Will watch it soon. But I'm really waiting on that full fledged LEGO documentary that's supposed to come out soon.

What in the--!?!? I've never had anything from China come that fast. Anyway I need to order those.

How come the GotG sets are there but not the X-Men set? :( Well nothing for me... again, sigh. I gotta stop buying stuff at msrp

X-Men set was there last night...maybe they "sold out?"

Ponn

Banned

As Experien said Xmen must have sold out. I would keep checking back though as long as sale is up if they get a supply they will pop it back up there.

Has any Lego Gaffers actually bought the X-men set yet? The price per piece ratio on it is awful, was just wondering if people who have it think its actually worth it. I was planning on getting it but was waiting for a deep discount down in the $35 range.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nope but I want it badly. I just want a good deal on it more!
It keeps selling out both online and at my local stores though, giving LEGO good reason to charge similar markups for future sets, much to my dismay.

Ravek

Banned
As Experien said Xmen must have sold out. I would keep checking back though as long as sale is up if they get a supply they will pop it back up there.

Has any Lego Gaffers actually bought the X-men set yet? The price per piece ratio on it is awful, was just wondering if people who have it think its actually worth it. I was planning on getting it but was waiting for a deep discount down in the $35 range.

I got it yesterday. Im building it this weekend along with my other sets. Im assuming you want impressions?

znECXQl

This was my pick yesterday.
already built all the Mixels

Ponn

Banned
I got it yesterday. Im building it this weekend along with my other sets. Im assuming you want impressions?

yea, i've judged a set as bad only to find out it was actually pretty great when I got it (council of elrond) so I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. I just haven't heard very many impressions on it. I'm in the same boat with Hulk Lab smash but at least with that set pretty much all the figs are great and worth it.

Ravek

Banned
yea, i've judged a set as bad only to find out it was actually pretty great whenI got it (council of elrond) so I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. I just haven't heard very many impressions on it. I'm in the same boat with Hulk Lab smash but at least with that set pretty much all the figs are great and worth it.

To be completely honest, I bought all of thise sets strickly for the minifigs. I know my son and daughter will have a blasty blast with them though
I will as well, im sure

Also, not pictured is the GotG Groot and Rocket Racoon set. Im building that one tonight.

Experien

To be completely honest, I bought all of thise sets strickly for the minifigs. I know my son and daughter will have a blasty blast with them though
I will as well, im sure

Also, not pictured is the GotG Groot and Rocket Racoon set. Im building that one tonight.

The Sentinel looks semi-tempting and looks better in purpose but I really don't like that set outside of Cyclops. I'd be interested to see how Groot is.

Ravek

Banned
New Guardians of the Galaxy set revealed at, of all places, the Wall Street Journal... ROCKET'S WARBIRD.

145 pieces, $39.99, "revealed at Comic-Con" (except it's kinda sorta already revealed).

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2014/07/16/rockets-warbird-at-a-glance/

For $40, there better be alot more to that set than just that.

The Sentinel looks semi-tempting and looks better in purpose but I really don't like that set outside of Cyclops. I'd be interested to see how Groot is.

"I am Groot", I'll take pics with impressions tonight after I get off work (around midnight).

mojiimbo

For $40, there better be alot more to that set than just that.
That's not a regular retail set. It's a comic-con exclusive and they only make a tiny amount so even though it has a terrible price per brick ratio it'd still be worth it if the opportunity to buy it came up since they make so few. Last year it was a micro version of Bag End from The Hobbit and a microfighter version of Jek 14's ship before microfighters were a thing, I think.

AFAIK it is also $15.

Urgh.

This should be $10 at best. MAYBE $12.

Also, goddamn that SDCC Rocket set. I'm buying at least one, I'd like to get two but that's 80 fucking bucks and that's just ONE of the sets/figs that they'll have exclusive there.

I'm gonna be spending like $500+ at ComiCon this year D:

Xater

This Ghostbusters set got me back into Lego. I bought that and a bunch of Mixels. The Ghostbuster set is for display I will see what I can do with the Mixels. Two representative pictures I took:

This Ghostbusters set got me back into Lego. I bought that and a bunch of Mixels. The Ghostbuster set is for display I will see what I can do with the Mixels. Two representative pictures I took:

Welcome to the slippery slope of LEGO. Mixels do seem to go perfect with Ghostbusters to make "ghosts".

purg3

slept with Malkin
I've been out lego for a while, last sets I built were the x-wing and PotC Black Pearl. The exo suit looks awesome and I want to get it. Will most us retailers have it in store or will I need to order it online?

Xater

Yeah I am thinking about getting the Exo Suit as well. I kinda want to have it as a display piece but on the other hand I heard it will be really limited so it might be a good investment...

I've been out lego for a while, last sets I built were the x-wing and PotC Black Pearl. The exo suit looks awesome and I want to get it. Will most us retailers have it in store or will I need to order it online?

Yeah I am thinking about getting the Exo Suit as well. I kinda want to have it as a display piece but on the other hand I heard it will be really limited so it might be a good investment...

I believe only LEGO retail stores and LEGO online. I suspect if supply is too much (I doubt it) it may trickle into some other retail stores (doubt it though).

Not sure how much supply LEGO retail stores will get so online is the best way to make sure if you really want it.

mrkgoo

That's really cool. Didn't think to pose models with minifigs

Yeah if it ends up being a rare set in the future won't those green space men end up being worth some money?

neonglow

Urgh.

This should be $10 at best. MAYBE $12.

Also, goddamn that SDCC Rocket set. I'm buying at least one, I'd like to get two but that's 80 fucking bucks and that's just ONE of the sets/figs that they'll have exclusive there.

I'm gonna be spending like $500+ at ComiCon this year D:

I'll also be going to SDCC. Maybe we'll see each other waiting in line for it. LEGO line management was very poor and I barely got last year's exclusive sets. They better put strict limits of 1 if it's gonna 200 per day again.

LaNaranja

Is there a different free figure every month on the lego website with purchases above $75? If so what are the chances we get an appropriately sized Groot to tie in with Guardians of the Galaxy next month?

Also am I insane for thinking about buying an Iron Patriot mini figure for around $30?

Ravek

Banned
Is there a different free figure every month on the lego website with purchases above $75? If so what are the chances we get an appropriately sized Groot to tie in with Guardians of the Galaxy next month?

Also am I insane for thinking about buying an Iron Patriot mini figure for around $30?

What do you mean appropriate size?

Top Bottom