• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

Just got an Exo-Force set from Amazon Warehouse Deals mainly for the robot minifigures. It's still sealed and the only thing wrong was it was slightly crushed in the back.

It came with a lot of joint pieces as well as the purple-yellow spikes that were rubber on the tip. However the 1x1 clips were tougher to attach to the studs for some reason.

Little more work done on holiday scene.

Frozen lake on the side. Funny enough, I can barely get figures to stand up on it correctly. In other words, just like ice.

Next to the big hill with the gingerbread house on it.

Poor blue team GS robot couldn't dive over cover in time before the zombie chauffeur pegged him with a snowball.

The figures are just placeholders. Closest ones I had nearby. I will probably add more figures to the snowball fight, and maybe a lil more detail like small trees around the lake. Still trying to figure out around the gingerbread house.

Now I really do need to disassemble the halloween diorama because I need that other 48x48 plate. Not looking forward to disassembly of that.

Just got an Exo-Force set from Amazon Warehouse Deals mainly for the robot minifigures. It's still sealed and the only thing wrong was it was slightly crushed in the back.

It came with a lot of joint pieces as well as the purple-yellow spikes that were rubber on the tip. However the 1x1 clips were tougher to attach to the studs for some reason.

I bought a bunch of those silver and copper minifig robots on eBay. I wish the minifigs or the black "anime" hair piece was cheaper.

The figures are just placeholders. Closest ones I had nearby. I will probably add more figures to the snowball fight, and maybe a lil more detail like small trees around the lake. Still trying to figure out around the gingerbread house.

Now I really do need to disassemble the halloween diorama because I need that other 48x48 plate. Not looking forward to disassembly of that.

Looking good. All dat white and the ice are great.

Where is the AT-AT, Taun taun, or wampa? :)

You beat me to it.
Amazon is having crazy deals on LEGO for the holidays. 30% on a bunch of stuff every week. Amazon is getting a lot of my LEGO money lately.

I got in trouble with the wife yesterday when she saw my BIG box of LEGO. Lone Ranger Mine and Train sets. I'm afraid to order stuff for awhile or she may finally put the foot down on my LEGO habit.

The Dragon set is over 30% off!! I want that. And I want the Hive Crawler too!
Dragon sells for $16-$20 on eBay alone,

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=8378

flyingpig

Neo Member
Don't forget about the annual free Amazon Gund bear this year!

51okHvDCrwL.jpg

Free with a $75 purchase of toys (i.e. LEGO). Amazon does NOT add it automatically to your cart, so it's easy to forget about. Luckily you can always call/message customer support if your order hasn't shipped to get it added retroactively! I know I've done this a few times myself.

The promotion started this year with zero fanfare. Sneaky of them.

Ponn

Banned
Oh wow, didn't know about that bear. I have someone I could give that to for a christmas present AND I see several Lego deals right now including LoTR Pirate Ambush for $75.....uggggghhhhhh I wanted to get a 3ds for my bday but......*bites knuckles*

flyingpig

Neo Member
Oh wow, didn't know about that bear. I have someone I could give that to for a christmas present AND I see several Lego deals right now including LoTR Pirate Ambush for $75.....uggggghhhhhh I wanted to get a 3ds for my bday but......*bites knuckles*

With the volume and quality of the amazon LEGO deals, I tend to accumulate a pile of bears every year. Make for nice donations with your charity of choice.

Plus, who doesn't want a Rancor for $40?

Or a $70 Galactic Titan?? Cheapest price yet!

It really is too bad that the discount ban on 'Exclusives' seems to be working so far. TRU managed to find a loophole by giving away a free Y-wing with purchase of a Death Star--hopefully other retailers will catch on to that tactic.

Ponn

Banned
With the volume and quality of the amazon LEGO deals, I tend to accumulate a pile of bears every year. Make for nice donations with your charity of choice.

Plus, who doesn't want a Rancor for $40?

Or a $70 Galactic Titan?? Cheapest price yet!

It really is too bad that the discount ban on 'Exclusives' seems to be working so far. TRU managed to find a loophole by giving away a free Y-wing with purchase of a Death Star--hopefully other retailers will catch on to that tactic.

Yea Amazon has been my go to place for Lego ever since Lego GAF got me addicted. No Tax/Prime shipping it just always comes out cheaper then anywhere else adn the occasional warehouse deal is icing.

So okay need some advice for early bday gift to myself here

first choice LoTR Pirate Ambush

or

TMNT Lair Attack
Shredder Dragon Bike
Eradicator Mech

Man I really wish we knew what they were going to have on sale for Brickfriday. I just don't foresee that LoTR Pirate ship going much lower.

Frozen lake on the side. Funny enough, I can barely get figures to stand up on it correctly. In other words, just like ice.

Next to the big hill with the gingerbread house on it.

Poor blue team GS robot couldn't dive over cover in time before the zombie chauffeur pegged him with a snowball.

awesome snowball fight, can't wait to see the final product.

Snowy ground for the final plate of my holiday scene.

Was able to attach a large spinning base to the bottom of the cottage without taking it apart. Now I can rotate all the houses on the display and set them at any angle I want, and also show off the interiors.
I still need to build the christmas tree stand and put that in somewhere. There will be some refinement to the grounds around everything, but the challenge of getting all that damn white down is done.

Yea Amazon has been my go to place for Lego ever since Lego GAF got me addicted. No Tax/Prime shipping it just always comes out cheaper then anywhere else adn the occasional warehouse deal is icing.

So okay need some advice for early bday gift to myself here

first choice LoTR Pirate Ambush

or

TMNT Lair Attack
Shredder Dragon Bike
Eradicator Mech

Man I really wish we knew what they were going to have on sale for Brickfriday. I just don't foresee that LoTR Pirate ship going much lower.

I'm biased towards Galaxy Squad. I like the Eradicator Mech a lot. Very clever design and looks great, but I was slightly disappointed. It wasn't as fun to pose and play with as the Power Armor Lex mech. I really liked the brick built bugs that came with it. I would love to get a bunch of those.

I'm meh on the TMNT sets for the most part. I just want the minifigs. Lair seems like best of the sets although I heard a lot of people like the Baxter mech set.

Nice site. Thanks.
Only glaring error is Top 1 in the Top 10 and Top 50 are different. :) Should be the same top 10.

Adding to that, I follow ToysNBricks.com for heads up on sales although the other sites have been pretty good lately. Brickset has a similar Amazon watchlist like the brickbadger site.

rallaren

Looks very nice Phon. Brings my thoughts to Hoth.

I am building Creator Family House atm and it's pretty fun because I have not built any of the big modulars but it does not have much interior.

nny

Following a tough week it feels good to officially inaugurate my Holiday Season by seating down with a new Winter set:

wetwired

Fuck me ghostmind, that's a massive haul.

I visited my parents last weekend, after stealing my childhood golden books for my kids I found some photos of my childhood lego city. I had to guess but I'd say it's from around 1990 (Edit> Must have been closer to 1993 as there's a single paradisa set in there which weren't released until 1992). Notice the hideous green 70s wallpaper and shag pile carpet, many a round transparent plate got lost in those fibres.

My Childhood Lego City, Circa 1993 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

My Childhood Lego City, Circa 1993 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

On Friday the 22nd, there are tons of events going on at BN stores. One store near me is doing a Chima Speedorz Race (whoooo! I mean, eh.), but another is doing a Master Builder Academy event. Sadly, it is happening when I am at work, so I will not be able to make it like I did for the fun Architecture Studio event months back.

Check their website and look at local stores to see if they are hosting the events. Should be fun.

DJ_Lae

I've got that airport too - at least, I assume all the pieces are still buried in the bins back at my parents' place.

Last time I was there it looked as if the airplane with it was still mostly intact if you ignored the fact that the wings were missing.

I also have a ton of baseplates, which I remember making massive cities out of. I still like the moon crater plates the best, though I think one or two of mine cracked.

ghostmind

As per the instruction booklets for the new Hobbit sets (which are now starting to creep onto TRU shelves), we will see a Hobbit video game in 2014, a la LEGO LotR.

Ponn

Banned
Fuck me ghostmind, that's a massive haul.

I visited my parents last weekend, after stealing my childhood golden books for my kids I found some photos of my childhood lego city. I had to guess but I'd say it's from around 1990 (Edit> Must have been closer to 1993 as there's a single paradisa set in there which weren't released until 1992). Notice the hideous green 70s wallpaper and shag pile carpet, many a round transparent plate got lost in those fibres.

Awesome pics. You know, just shooting some ideas but looking at that setup with some obvious tweaking i kind of see a USS FLAGG in that model. Maybe even a Helicarrier, eh..EHH?

As per the instruction booklets for the new Hobbit sets (which are now starting to creep onto TRU shelves), we will see a Hobbit video game in 2014, a la LEGO LotR.

Eh not again...

Not sure what it is, i usually love Lego Games but somehow LOTR has been kinda underwhelming so far for me and my wife in coop! Too much separate stories and too little one screen action! It's not bad just...not as fun as the Lego Batman games were i suppose :(

Looking forward to Lego Marvel Superheroes and dat Patriot figure though :)

ghostmind

Eh not again...

Not sure what it is, i usually love Lego Games but somehow LOTR has been kinda underwhelming so far for me and my wife in coop! Too much separate stories and too little one screen action! It's not bad just...not as fun as the Lego Batman games were i suppose :(

Looking forward to Lego Marvel Superheroes and dat Patriot figure though :)

I just picked up the PS4 version of the Marvel game yesterday. Going to tackle it in coop with my son - should be a blast!

ghostmind

reminds me of this set from 2009:

HFuaONk.jpg

However, I guess it makes a bit more sense for the police to have this vehicle than the towing company.

Ponn

Banned
Well I went with the LoTR Pirate Ship. Partially because with Prime shipping it gave a delivery of today and thought I could put it together over weekend. Unfortunately FedEx has it delayed till monday surprise surprise. Thankfully I got a great package from TigerKiddo today that will just take its place and start my Christmas off early.

ghostmind

Posting a larger picture of the Death Star Troopers battle pack:

MmFe6Gv.jpg

This brings better detail on how the stud-shooter guns work.

LEGO should give them to the CITY police force, so they have more than handcuffs to fight crime with.

Woorloog

Banned
There ain't no more "working" lego cannons?
Have quite many of them (pirate legos were and still are awesome), though nearly all bases are broken :/

Woorloog

Banned
Cannons ain't gone, panic averted.

Those new Star Wars "blasters" look damn silly. But dark red arms for Imperial Guards look even worse.

EDIT that Pirate Mech is awesome!
EDIT goddamn, it has a wooden leg? LOL

Top Bottom