• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

mojiimbo

No, but JANGbricks on YouTube has recently been doing a ridiculous amount of in-depth reviews on a lot of them. I find them interesting even though I still have doubts about the brand.

Hey guys I dunno where to ask about those MB Halo stuff. Is there a thread for that or can I ask for opinions here?

Go ahead and ask. It's been a bit slow lately. We talk about "clone" brands here from time to time. Speaking of Mega Bloks, has anyone seen the MB Smurf blind packs in the wild? Mega Bloks has a lot of product that is very hard to find at stores.

No, but JANGbricks on YouTube has recently been doing a ridiculous amount of in-depth reviews on a lot of them. I find them interesting even though I still have doubts about the brand.

Megabloks is not great quality, but sadly, there's other worse "clone" brands out there. It's strange because there seems like there are two quality levels of Megabloks. Some bricks like the ones in Smurf sets are beyond horrible. The few Warcraft ones I have seem to have better clutch.

I dabble in clones for curiosity and because LEGO doesn't have or never will have some of the IP licenses others do.

I saw JANG's review of the Mammoth and I RELLY liked it a lot and I wanted to bite on it. I used a Halo Cyclops set as a test but it really didn't do much good because it's mostly pre-fab parts (but I still liked it cause i'm a sucker for all things mech). So I was hoping somebody here has more experience with their bigger sets.

I saw JANG's review of the Mammoth and I RELLY liked it a lot and I wanted to bite on it. I used a Halo Cyclops set as a test but it really didn't do much good because it's mostly pre-fab parts (but I still liked it cause i'm a sucker for all things mech). So I was hoping somebody here has more experience with their bigger sets.

Mega Bloks uses tons of highly specialized parts which is a big turn-off for me. I like highly reusable parts. The specialized part do make some of the builds look good though. If you look at those Mega Blok sets as buildable toy models, then go for it.

Lately, LEGO has been treading lightly in the grey area of specialized moulds especially for minifigs. For minifigs, I understand this as it's hard to keep them generic with the standard head and hairs and capture the look and feel of some IPs.

rallaren

Looks like a great playset for kids or if you're a bat and joker fan so I will probably skip it.
yes ofcourse I want to build!

I finished up the factory of the creator house set today. A good build, can't say it was quicker than the other two which it says in the manual.

That set has a great selection of minifigures...I don't care much for the vehicles in the set but for those figures? I'd be mighty tempted.

Fowler

I don't care for the random Bat-vehicle, but the Joker's steamroller is pretty cool.

(Once you have wetwired's Tumbler, you don't need any more Bat-vehicles. Well... until we get plans for wetwired's modified Bat...)

Fowler

Each Microfighter set is part of a pair. The backgrounds are suppose to go together.

Not to be hugely nitpicky, but I'm going to be hugely nitpicky: I love that the set boxes are supposed to go together. But shouldn't the X-Wing go wit the TIE Interceptor and the Falcon go with the Star Destroyer? :)

They had Quinjet for 50% off and I didn't fold straight away, now a couple of days later they are all gone. I am cry....

But got all the current planet sets for 50% off :D Started putting them up at work on my desk. ^^ It was about time for some LEGO at work. :)

ghostmind

I've been away traveling, and am just checking in via this awful hotel Internet, but I just wanted to say that both the Joker Steam Roller and Coruscant Police Gunship look fabulous!

I've been away traveling, and am just checking in via this awful hotel Internet, but I just wanted to say that both the Joker Steam Roller and Coruscant Police Gunship look fabulous!

Coruscant Police Gunship is a nice looking ship, but it's cartoon version of minifigs.

Great windshield but not sure about studs.

Yeah, studs are unavoidable since the windshield is technically sideways. Some trans red tiles may help hide it.

Really? Recycling so soon? I guess with all these new moulds, they need to recoup some of the costs.

41019-1.jpg

They keep knocking it out of the park with Friends sets

I need a little more variety though, too many horsey sets...

Needs more unicorn!

Nice sets, but too many LEGO sets to get. I need to cut back and Friends will be the first to go. I will stick with getting small Friends sets and BrickLink the mini-dolls for bigger sets (after I get the yacht set).

Darn cute friend pets. I want a penguin that I can use for Gunther or some killer penguins.

They keep knocking it out of the park with Friends sets

I need a little more variety though, too many horsey sets...

I would be fine with the horse sets if they were like the new regular horses with posable legs. But sadly, they are not.

But other than that, I agree that the Friends line is killing it.

Each Microfighter set is part of a pair. The backgrounds are suppose to go together.

Love the micro fighters. And the Coruscant Gunship will have to be got because it looks like a great parts pack. Those clear red windshields. Would be great for Space Police stuff...

neonglow

ugh this is killing me. When does Lego reveal their Brick Friday stuff?

It was revealed pretty late last year. I think we got strong rumors the Monday before.

The latest rumor is $10 gift card with a $150 purchase. It sounds really weak so I don't know what to think about it.

It was revealed pretty late last year. I think we got strong rumors the Monday before.

The latest rumor is $10 gift card with a $150 purchase. It sounds really weak so I don't know what to think about it.

BAH! And will the offers this saturday be the same as Black Friday? If not, I shall wait

Helm's deep.

Amazon warehouse.

85 Dollars.

And here I was thinking I was capable of frugality.

Also I had 50 bucks in amazon gift card I'd been hoarding so damage was even less.

I'll stop collecting toys .... someday......

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I like the Chima Legend Beast sets. Those are using the new, smaller ball joints right?

Not feeling the other Chima sets, but I do want the minifigures!

Ponn

Banned

ugh. With these discounts elsewhere im just strongly considering purchasing elsewhere. Id like the 2nd christmas set but its not a dealbreaker if they dont have any discounted sets i want.

I took my girls to see Thor 2 at the IMAX in 3D and they had this out for the Lego Movie. It was too big for my 5yr old to pose, but here is my 6yr old!

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WOZi4hU.jpg[/IMG]

Top Bottom