• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

MetalBeard was my one definite pick-up today as well. The others happened because I decided to pick up the two exclusives (Rescue=TRU, Flusher=Walmart) at the LEGO store instead.

Those two "Super Secret Police" sets look really nice though - I may have to get them on the 1st when I am back at the store.

That explains why BN didnt have them today when I looked. I went in to grab some sets and was wanting the rescue mech and the flusher but they didnt have them. They had all the other sets, but passed on them because I need money for Parisian Restaurant on Wednesday and probably more storage bins. I know I have time for these sets.
They did have a sweet set up with all the books with the sets and a really cool huge sign on the table. No minifigs yet though, but I might skip them as I am a little burnt out from hunting down figs. I need to finish series 11 still, but dont feel the urge to do so. I have so many figures now it is obscene.

But MetalBeard is the essential one. Cmon, he has a shark for an arm! How could you not want that set?

EDIT: Ahhh. It seems my pics of Benny's Spaceship and whatnot have circulated far and wide. Brick Fan, Eurobricks, Brick Fanatics. Second major scoop GAF got this year. The first one being the B-Wing for 50% off.

Watch out: GAF will soon be a legit LEGO site more than gaming ;)

It will always be a legit gaming site. But getting on the radar for LEGO stuff is a pretty nice step for an OT thread. The more the merrier.

Two days until Parisian Restaurant! AAAAAH! So excited.

EDIT: Judging by the reaction nearly everyone on every LEGO site is having to Benny's Spaceship, I pray the set sells well. LEGO had to know that AFOL would lose their damn minds at a classic Space themed set and thus are making sure they deliver something really special for it.
If there is truly a god, the sales on the set will be crazy enough to make them actually do another round of Classic Space. Or heck, just give us an annual release of only one big set. We get Winter Village every year. How about just one Space System set every single year. Make it an event. Nostalgia for that theme is STRONG.

I'm liking the LEGO the Movie sets more since I saw their standard builds. I really like this sci-fi cop car. The alligators and the tracks are just nice parts pieces to me. Will be a must get set if I can get for ~30% off.

Photo source: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/29/review-70802-bad-cops-pursuit/

JAE80001-500x333.jpg

neat.gif

I'm liking the LEGO the Movie sets more since I saw their standard builds. I really like this sci-fi cop car. The alligators and the tracks are just nice parts pieces to me. Will be a must get set if I can get for ~30% off.

Photo source: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/29/review-70802-bad-cops-pursuit/

JAE80001-500x333.jpg

neat.gif

I only wanted that set for the alligators, but seeing that GIF of the hidden guns just shot it to the buy list. UGH. MUST. NOT. BUY. ALL. SETS!

leng jai

Hate living in Australia for Lego. Not only are the prices dreadful but we have no Lego stores so we have to wait around 2 weeks for shipping too. At least they stopped charging 30 bucks for snail mail I guess.

I think Parisian Cafe is my favourite design so far due to its intricacy.

Hate living in Australia for Lego. Not only are the prices dreadful but we have no Lego stores so we have to wait around 2 weeks for shipping too. At least they stopped charging 30 bucks for snail mail I guess.

I think Parisian Cafe is my favourite design so far due to its intricacy.

The return of Jamie! Guy has to compensate for lost time. What better way to make his return to the modular line than with a crazy awesome set?

This is LEGO! You're gonna buy and buy them all and there is nothing you can do about it.

I almost did today. Almost. But my brain took over and reminded me that Parisian Restaurant is Wednesday. And I have so many things to disassemble at home.

I know my wife and I are moving in a few months, so I am trying to break down a lot of stuff and not build any new huge MOCs because I know they will have to get taken down shortly. Which is maddening, because I REALLY want to make a HUGE MOC. I was not completely happy with my theater MOC before, and have been brainstorming a doozy. Thinking of making it two 48x48 plates big. Just a monster of a theater. Just throw every single thing I have at it instead of just using leftovers like the last theater I made.

Perhaps this summer when I am not scared to take it down.

leng jai

I've got dire space issues at the moment so I'm limited to having only 3 modular up at one time.

Current rotation is Palace Cinema, Pet Shop, Firebrigade with Town Hall and Grand Emporium relegated to the closet. Firebrigade is going to have to make way for Parisian Cafe.

I've got dire space issues at the moment so I'm limited to having only 3 modular up at one time.

Current rotation is Palace Cinema, Pet Shop, Firebrigade with Town Hall and Grand Emporium relegated to the closet. Firebrigade is going to have to make way for Parisian Cafe.

I feel your space constraint pains. I have room all over the place and have gotten creative at wedging sets into places, but am feeling the display space pinch hard lately. Also the storage space for all broken down sets and my piece collective is strained hard right now.

I have a bookcase with all the modulars on it, and a few other sets. The other sets are Sonic Boom, VW Camper, and Arkham. Thinking that Sonic Boom is going away to make room for Parisian Restaurant this week.

Hopefully, wherever we move, I can have a long run of space to have the modulars all in a row instead of on separate shelves.

ghostmind

I only wanted that set for the alligators, but seeing that GIF of the hidden guns just shot it to the buy list. UGH. MUST. NOT. BUY. ALL. SETS!

Yep, both the Secret Police Interceptor and, to a lesser extent the Armored Truck (from the Super Cycle Chase set) are pretty special. I need to get them soon.

In fact, almost all of the LEGO Movie sets have little cool touches in their designs.

Such as:

lxFaI5x.jpg

ghostmind

If there is truly a god, the sales on the set will be crazy enough to make them actually do another round of Classic Space. Or heck, just give us an annual release of only one big set. We get Winter Village every year. How about just one Space System set every single year. Make it an event. Nostalgia for that theme is STRONG.

Imagine a new space monorail... with Power Functions!

The three LEGO Movie sets that intrigue me the most are MetalBeard's Duel, Cloud Cuckoo Palace, and Trash Chomper.
The others look cool for one reason or another, but those are calling to me. The sheer absurdity of them is what I like. The entire line looks like it was designed by insane 5 year olds on heavy drugs. And that is why it is awesome.

Imagine a new space monorail... with Power Functions!

It would be incredible. Or just do one set per special classic theme. We are getting a classic blue and grey set. Then do a Blacktron 1.0 themed set. Then a Futuron one. Then Space Police. Then Blacktron 2.0. Then M-Tron. And so on, and so on.

Just one set per theme as a call back would sell like mad in my opinion, mainly because of the nostalgia factor.

EDIT: I still have my monorail parts. :) I don't know why I never bought a 9V battery to test if it still works. Well, I am missing one curve of the track, so I can't close the loop.

Yep, both the Secret Police Interceptor and, to a lesser extent the Armored Truck (from the Super Cycle Chase set) are pretty special. I need to get them soon.

In fact, almost all of the LEGO Movie sets have little cool touches in their designs.

Such as:

lxFaI5x.jpg

Is that Galactus? ;) I'd like to see how some people use that helmet in MOCs.

flyingpig

Neo Member
For a Feb 9 release, there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming level of movie hype yet. Hope it does well.

Anyone know when the new ninjago episodes will come out?

The revelation that the backside of Lord Business is a LEGO tie (with coffee cups for clip-on) is a perfect example of the tone of this theme. Creativity unleashed.

Cloud Cuckoo Palace is a must get for me.

Also seems like a gift to LEGO fans with all the interesting pieces thrown throughout all the sets. Pricing of the first wave seems like it's geared for kids with movie to drive sales. Based on the rumored 2nd wave sets, we'll be getting a couple $100+ sets.

70800 Getaway Glider $12.99
70801 Melting Room $12.99
70802 Bad Cop s Pursuit $29.99
70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace $19.99
70804 Ice Cream Machine $29.99
70805 Trash Chomper $29.99
70806 Castle Cavalry $29.99
70807 MetalBeard’s Duel $34.99
70808 Super Cycle Chase $49.99
70809 Lord Business Evil Lair $69.99
70811 The Flying Flusher $29.99
70812 Creative Ambush $39.99
70813 Rescue Reinforcements $69.99

Fowler

The revelation that the backside of Lord Business is a LEGO tie (with coffee cups for clip-on) is a perfect example of the tone of this theme. Creativity unleashed.

Does make me wonder how the creative process worked for the movie. How closely did LEGO designers and movie artists work in creating the sets? Did the movie people ask for the concepts and LEGO designers did the detailed work?

Ryuuroden

Argh, I am getting more and more interested in more and more of the LEGO Movie sets. I am glad that they seem to have good price points. I know for sure I will be getting at least 2 sets from the 2nd wave, Bennys spaceship and the pirate ship. I will probably be getting at least 5 sets from the first wave, plumber, ice cream, and garbage truck as well as the set with the motorcycle and the one with the hover police car.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just amazes me how many new sets LEGO is constantly putting on the market. This LEGO movie wave (and coming second wave) is pretty huge. AFOLs seem to be loving it, but they must have a lot of faith in the movie to be releasing so many like this.

When the Chase McCain game came out they released what, two sets? A movie is another beast entirely but this is quite the difference.

(also makes me wonder if there will be a Chase McCain cameo :p)

rallaren

I just received my first order of used lego sets via bricklink:

oftIxbY.jpg

I put the satellite vehicle parts in a hot bath for a few mins. I'll see what I do with the big ship.

Ryuuroden

I just received my first order of used lego sets via bricklink:

oftIxbY.jpg

I put the satellite vehicle parts in a hot bath for a few mins. I'll see what I do with the big ship.

Cool, I am considering picking up the maersk train using bricklink. It has gotten pricy and if it goes any higher I won't get it. I wish I had gotten it back when it was in production but at that time I wasn't making nearly what I make now. Same reason I missed out on market district, ucs millennium falcon, the anniversary town center, and cafe corner. All of those sets I had an opportunity to get while they were out, I just didn't have the money.

Rootbeer

Banned
really cool. I need to peruse bricklink at greater length. definitely some nice stuff you got there.

I'm gonna hit up Target in about 2 hours and look for Movie CMF and sets. Already got some on order, but i'll pick up the $12.99 sets if they are there so I have something small to build this afternoon.

Still hitting up LEGO store on the 1st (or 2nd, timing might be better for me there. But paranoid they might sell out of the Restaurant :p)

BTW, I recently discovered those 70s/80s fabuland figures. Wow, I really wish LEGO would do another line like this. Probably too much overlap with Chima, which is also cool, but I really love the Animal Crossing vibe that Fabuland has. I'm going to get some in my next bricklink order.

R-User!

This is why I should stick to buying my CMF's via Bricklink:

07GF3El.jpg

Four bags purchased and already one repeat! I am terrible at feeling the bags.

Do you search for the odd accessory, and can you always identify the head/torso/feet to eliminate them from your analysis? If not then that's what has to be learned. In your instance, if you had found the handcuffs in both of the duplicate cops, then you would have known they were the same fig; unless some other fig had cuffs too; but I haven't seen two figs in the same series with the same accessory; although, I think there have been some here and there.

Find the accessory/headpiece!!! :)

Take all my monies.

They will...

I'm headed to target in a bit as well since I lost some time yesterday (worth the loss since I got some food family and food time).

Kinda glad I only want 2-3 of the CMF Movie figures.

If it's Hive Crawler it has got nothing but praise by reviewers, including phon.

It is the one with the big bug and the red robot mini fig

Edit: So my descriptions are apparently terrible. Ha. It's Hive Crawler for $55 CDN (regularly $90). They also have Galactic Titan for $75 CDN.

ghostmind

It is the one with the big bug and the red robot mini fig

Edit: So my descriptions are apparently terrible. Ha. It's Hive Crawler for $55 CDN (regularly $90). They also have Galactic Titan for $75 CDN.

Yeah, jump on that Hive Crawler deal,

Galactic Titan was a let down for me.

rallaren

I feel Galactic Titan is only needed if you want a full GS battlefield and Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer does not do enough for you. It's a decent addition but money can be spent elsewhere.

I feel Galactic Titan is only needed if you want a full GS battlefield and Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer does not do enough for you. It's a decent addition but money can be spent elsewhere.

Yup. The main body of it was a big disappointment, but I really liked the dropship part.
But overall, it was a let down for being the supposed flagship set of the theme.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nope! Polys only marked down to 50% at my closest one :( Still a bargain but almost all the bags were gone anyway except the ones I already have 3 of. How many ice cream stands does a guy need? They are better off in the hands of some young girl :p

Also, found NO movie sets or CMF today at my Target. I bet I'd have had luck at TRU but no time today to check.

I envy those that live much closer to a TRU and/or LEGO store. Use it and be thankful!

Nope! Polys only marked down to 50% at my closest one :( Still a bargain but almost all the bags were gone anyway except the ones I already have 3 of. How many ice cream stands does a guy need? They are better off in the hands of some young girl :p

Also, found NO movie sets or CMF today at my Target. I bet I'd have had luck at TRU but no time today to check.

I envy those that live much closer to a TRU and/or LEGO store. Use it and be thankful!

I'm riding bus everywhere right now so I understand in some way. No luck here either for movie stuff just larger sets that I'll wait for sales on. Saw Leomaide stand n almost picked it up.

Scored a few panda CMFs. I was holding out on getting more because I figure I'll wait until the promotional Jan polybag giveaway.

Sonnavagun. The decorative curved slope bricks for the carriage are printed. As a MOC builder, I don't like this. Curved slopes are very useful and not many sets have them in this color. I understand for those that only build the models this is good news.

11611922893_8d10fc388c_z.jpg

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/...cess-cinderellas-dream-carriage-41053-review/

Top Bottom