• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YLTk7Sz.jpg

I bought a bunch of Cars sets on eBay for Liam. This is him building a set and he's only 3.

neonglow

SDCC Exclusive - Throne of Ultron:

wTNOIkM.jpg

That doesn't seem worth it for $40 for 200 pieces when there aren't any exclusive minifigures or pieces. I guess you want it for the packaging.

That said, I will definitely go after it at SDCC to build up my convention exclusives collection.

Rootbeer

Banned
good luck snagging one neonglow. I'm relieved that it's not something I really feel like I need, so I don't have to pay aftermarket prices for it. Phew!

I am already trying to secure some other SDCC items (First Order Stormtrooper and the Doctor Strange box set, both from Hasbro)

Any word on potential pricing for Wall-E?

He looks like he has a high brick count too. I am guessing in the $60-70 range. But man, does that set look magnificent.
The rumors / exchange rate suggest it'll be closer to $40.

This set is going to sell like fucking hot cakes. Wall-E transcends being Lego so I see a lot of non-Lego fans buying one just because it's an awesome looking Wall-E toy. This is like the perfect gift for so many people, I'm probably gonna buy quite a few myself to give as gifts at Christmas.

Ponn

Banned

This set is going to sell like fucking hot cakes. Wall-E transcends being Lego so I see a lot of non-Lego fans buying one just because it's an awesome looking Wall-E toy. This is like the perfect gift for so many people, I'm probably gonna buy quite a few myself to give as gifts at Christmas.

Was there a release date announced? If not any ideas when?

$40?! That is going to be a huge seller. And just looking at it, it looks like a cool build as well.

Am I jumping the gun thinking that will be a late dark horse entry for one of the year's best sets? It looks fantastic, and if what you say is true, the price is fantastic as well. It is like a perfect storm. Now to pray the build is great as well.

I need to find some buddies working at my local Lego stores. Discount is crazy good.
I just want a Lego store in town. I finally get one near me in CT and then I move away so I can't get a job. Now I am an hour away from the one in Nashville. Ugh.
I wonder if I can harass Lego enough to open one in town and let me run it.

Ponn

Banned
I just want a Lego store in town. I finally get one near me in CT and then I move away so I can't get a job. Now I am an hour away from the one in Nashville. Ugh.
I wonder if I can harass Lego enough to open one in town and let me run it.

I'm in a big city (Jacksonville) with two malls and a ritzy outside mall that has some upscale places like both an Apple Store and a MS store (and cheesecake factory) but we still don't got a Lego Store. It peeves me off a bit. The only good thing about it is eventually if we do get one I will have a chance to get one of those promotional store opening sets.

I think i'm going to try and build the Ferris Wheel tomorrow. If anyone has one lets make tomorrow official build your Ferris Wheel day.

3N16MA

Banned
LEGO did the GTA right by opening 3 LEGO stores in the area. Then again there are over 6 million people in the area and we could use more.

I need a friend at an Apple store and one at a LEGO store.

Yeah, we need an Apple Store here too. This town has one of the highest amount of restaurants per capita in the country, and I love that about it. But dammit, I want some more retail therapy too. My waistline can only keep expanding for so long.

Seriously, the amount of great restaurants in such a moderately sized town is great. The population is only about 60k, but it is one of the five biggest places in the state.

LEGO did the GTA right by opening 3 LEGO stores in the area. Then again there are over 6 million people in the area and we could use more.

Don't forget the LEGO Discovery Center and of course, Lasting Toys. 3N16MA's right though, we're spoiled up here. The farthest distance between these stores is 30 minutes (with no traffic). To be fair, the Fairview Mall location is not a great store. I've been there just once (to score that discounted WV Cottage set a couple of years ago) but it just felt very unkempt. I've heard that the Yorkdale store is nice but that mall is just nuts.

pHBPZkh.jpg

I think i'm going to try and build the Ferris Wheel tomorrow. If anyone has one lets make tomorrow official build your Ferris Wheel day.

If I weren't heading out to Chicago Sunday AM I would totally do this-tomorrow will be filled with pre-travel chores. The worst part? I leave Chicago on Friday morning, a mere day before Ryuuroden unveils his masterpiece. If there was any way I could stay through Saturday, I would love to see his creation in all its ceiling busting glory!

I bought the combination motor/lights/battery pack thing with the Ferris Wheel and I think that the battery pack may be a different form factor. Anyone know if that'll pose a problem?

Was there a release date announced? If not any ideas when?

$40?! That is going to be a huge seller. And just looking at it, it looks like a cool build as well.

Well Brickfan said this about it:

WALL•E (21303) is listed to be released in December and has a retail price of €57.99 which corresponds to about $39.99 here in the states. It isn’t certain but that’s my guess for similarly priced sets and it could be as high as $49.99 considering it’s a licensed set. - See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/#sthash.MYf0qAVz.dpuf

Don't forget the LEGO Discovery Center and of course, Lasting Toys. 3N16MA's right though, we're spoiled up here. The farthest distance between these stores is 30 minutes (with no traffic).

pHBPZkh.jpg
Ugh. Meanwhile I have an ok TRU, Target, Wal Mart, K Mart, and Meijer. Then it is just farms for thirty miles every direction.

Well, there is a computer store that also has old Lego sets at ridiculous prices.

3N16MA

Banned
Don't forget the LEGO Discovery Center and of course, Lasting Toys. 3N16MA's right though, we're spoiled up here. The farthest distance between these stores is 30 minutes (with no traffic). To be fair, the Fairview Mall location is not a great store. I've been there just once (to score that discounted WV Cottage set a couple of years ago) but it just felt very unkempt. I've heard that the Yorkdale store is nice but that mall is just nuts.

pHBPZkh.jpg

I wish LEGO points were earned or could be used at the discovery centre. However they still have a good selection of sets.

Still need to make my way to Lasting Toys.

Yorkdale and Sherway are both nice malls.

I wish LEGO points were earned or could be used at the discovery centre. However they still have a good selection of sets.

Still need to make my way to Lasting Toys.

Yorkdale and Sherway are both nice malls.

I'm rarely more than 10 minutes away from Lasting Toys. I'd highly recommend you make a trip...if you want a real treat ask if you can see the warehouse in the back. It is absolutely stacked with hideously retired sets that will drive you nuts.

Yorkdale & Sherway are both nice, you're right. I'm in Oak-town though, so Sherway is just the default option.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wall-E looks amazing! They got the eyes JUST right which imo makes the set!

Only bummer is that he looks to be quite a bit smaller than what i was hoping for hmm...

You must have thought the scale would have been driven by the size of Lego tracks (pardon the pun)? And ideas sets are never massive. That seems about as big as you could get without molding brand new tracks.

But if you want bigger, it could give you some nice inspiration for modding it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Yep. This is in VW Camper and mini terrirtory, where people will buy it just because it looks so good. Nice gateway set :)

Doesn't look too big either, so maybe he can squeeze in next to R2 on my shelf.

wetwired

Just got back from the mid expo social night for my LUGs current show, I don't have much on display this year, too busy, so I just have all my ikea frames on display.

We have a cent auction and some games like speed building, I won the speed building comp of this set which I built in 5 mins 30 something.

I won this set for my efforts (we also get to keep the sets we speed built)

Not really into chima but I'm sure I'll make use of the parts.

The cent auction was $10 a page of about 30 tickets, I bought 4 pages and gave one page to each of my kids and two for myself. On offer for the cent auction/raffle thing (you put your ticket in a tub in front of the set you want to win were.

UCS Slave one
Some big Hobbit set with Smaug
Ariels undersea palace
a largish elves set
a city police swat type van
hulkbuster
quinjet
a few other randoms I don't remember

I dumped most of my tickets in the USC Slave one and a few scattered around evently. My daughter dumped most of hers in the elves set and the ariel undersea palace, my 3 year old son just randomly threw them everywhere.

Turns out my daughter is very lucky, first draw she won this.

They had a few more draws and auctioned off the kwik-e-mart and usc tie fighter, she ran off to the toilet and while she was gone her number was drawn AGAIN for the Elves set, out of fairness I told them to redraw, as she was completely stoked that she one Ariels set and I know there was other people who were chasing the elves set, one was enough. They drew again and one of the previous winners who'd won this police swat van just won the elves, knowing I had a son too and he had 2 girls he just gave me the swat van for my son which was nice, so my 3 year old got this.

Fast forward, I miss out on everything, USC Slave one etc, and at the end they throw all the tickets in a bucket and pull out one to win the winter village (I think, some winter set)
My daughter won AGAIN. But everyone agreed to redraw.

On top of all that our gift for participating in the expo, we all got this set with power functions

I'm not much of a train guy but I'll make good use of the track and power functions.

Good haul on top of the other purchase I've made this week, Detective Agency plus all of the Jurassic World sets minus the small one with the helicopter which I snagged 20% off.

All that and I haven't built shit apart from the speed build :/

I dumped most of my tickets in the USC Slave one and a few scattered around evently. My daughter dumped most of hers in the elves set and the ariel undersea palace, my 3 year old son just randomly threw them everywhere.

Turns out my daughter is very lucky, first draw she won this.

Your daughter wins! My four year old daughter bought me that set for my birthday this year and she plays with it every day.

So I had started working on a full Lego Jurassic Park(Visitor Center, Raptor Pit, etc)
Now after seeing World and playing the game though im tempted to
retheme the Visitor Center to World's abandoned version
and build most of World's main park area.

So i did order that Republic Gunship from 2013 on Bricklink for 110 euro, seems fair enough for a retired set of this size!

Now... anyone know of a good Clone Trooper battlepack i could get to fully MAN this thing since the included figures do not suffice and aren't really clones except for 2 of them (i suppose Anakin could man a turret but i need an excuse to get some clones damnit!)

Jimbro72

Very nice that you were able to get 2 of those sets during this deal. You'll have fun putting those together. Both are in my backlog but I hope to change that soon.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Very nice that you were able to get 2 of those sets during this deal. You'll have fun putting those together. Both are in my backlog but I hope to change that soon.

Yeah! I'm really happy about it. If my friend still works at Legoland in 6 months, I'll probably try to get the Fairground Mixer and Ferris Wheel then. Not sure. I'll probably regret not giving her more money to spend this time around after I have those modulars built, but oh well. Haha

I just came back from Jurassic World. Quite good movie and I'm kind of itching for some sets. Good thing the sets are horrible. But once I see a decent sale, I'll probably get the T-rex and a raptor set, just to (de)populate my modular city.

Oh man. Just built my first Mixel. These things are the best.

Great bang for the buck. I thought I was over them, but all I need to do is build one to fall in love again.

I've got a bunch of them but thankfully never got the bug to collect them all. I love the fact that they're at a low price point and offer some really interesting pieces in (usually) some unique colors.

Today I stumbled on an old Kamino planet set and picked it up. Are there any comprehensive lists of LEGO Astromech droids? I haven't been able to find a good one yet.

I've got a bunch of them but thankfully never got the bug to collect them all. I love the fact that they're at a low price point and offer some really interesting pieces in (usually) some unique colors.

Today I stumbled on an old Kamino planet set and picked it up. Are there any comprehensive lists of LEGO Astromech droids? I haven't been able to find a good one yet.

I don't know how comprehensive this list is.
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Astromech_Droid

You could derive a list from this if you look at the astromech dome parts:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=2&catString=736&catType=P

Woorloog

Banned
Man, that TIE Advanced Prototype's available only for 45€ (sale, normal price here is 60€) in one place... no shipping cost either as it is over 40€.
Things are so much easier when you CANNOT afford things.

Osahi

Taking a little break from building my AT-AT. Starts to look great, allthough the build isn't all that fun in my opinion. I really like to discover how it is all constructed, with all those little mechanis, but I dont really like Lego Technic all that much. And sometimes clicking a larger piece to the main build is a real chore with those technic connections (boy, do I hate those).

But hell, this is one of my favourite Star Wars vehicles, so it is worth it.

Now I'm really tempted to get the Snowspeeder to. It is just so expensive for just under 300 bricks! (45 euros, that Star Wars tax!). I have 5 euro discount with my points, and would get another 5 if I order...

I would add the Double-decker couch to it to have free delivery. I know that is not a great set building wise, but it has cool minifigures and I'd like to have a Movie-set but don't plan on going big with it (will be a challenge to find a good spot voor the At-At even). (
but damn i would buy Spaceship, spaceship SPACESHIP!! if I had infinite budget and place to display

Damn, Lego is addictive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom