• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

I think you answered the question yourself. I'm basing it on looks and want multiples of it if I can afford it. I have one in my backlog. Once it's sold out, the price for it will only be higher. You could hope they come out with a rehash of it in the future, but who knows how long that will be with the new Star Wars movies coming out.

Hint. If you don't want it later, you can probably sell it and maybe make a profit (assuming it's no longer being sold in retail stores)..

I think Wetwired here tried the washing machine method and didn't recommend it.
I recommend the overnight soaking method. It did wonders. A colander or strainer helps a lot with the rinsing process.
Make sure to remove any parts that shouldn't be wet, stickered or electric elements.

http://thebrickblogger.com/2010/12/cleaning-dirty-lego/

Yeah I found it wore and scratched the bricks.

Still no Blue Power Jet here in KY. Ugh. And TRU doesn't even have it on their US site, nor can they find it in their computer system in stores. Guess that means an order from LEGO.com for me. At this rate I will just wait until next month for the spaceman figure.

kitzkozan

Sith Infiltrator WILL be mine.

Yup, I'm going to jump on this opportunity to acquire a Darth Maul minifig and it's a sleek looking ship from the PT.

I'm wondering what are the most sought after PT vehicles among the SW fanatics here? I did some research, and I'm guessing that likely candidates are:

7259 ARC-170
7261 Clone Turbo tank
7662 MTT which was beastly (20 droids and 1300 pieces).
7665 Republic cruiser
7929 Battle of Naboo
7962 Anakin + Sebulba Podracers
75021 Republic gunship
75019 AT-TE

The 2007 MTT seems like the most revered set of the PT among AFOL, judging by the aftermarket price on bricklink. XD

ghostmind

Yup, I'm going to jump on this opportunity to acquire a Darth Maul minifig and it's a sleek looking ship from the PT.

I'm wondering what are the most sought after PT vehicles among the SW fanatics here? I did some research, and I'm guessing that likely candidates are:

7259 ARC-170
7261 Clone Turbo tank
7662 MTT which was beastly (20 droids and 1300 pieces).
7665 Republic cruiser
7929 Battle of Naboo
7962 Anakin + Sebulba Podracers
75021 Republic gunship
75019 AT-TE

The 2007 MTT seems like the most revered set of the PT among AFOL, judging by the aftermarket price on bricklink. XD

You've hit on a lot of my PT favourites, but I would also add:

8088 ARC-170 Starfighter (an update to the 7259)
10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker

And the previously mentioned 8039 Venator.

I also have a soft spot for 9526 Palpatine's Arrest.

Rootbeer

Banned
Great prequel recommendations guys!

I actually don't have a whole lot of prequel sets, but I have a ton of Clone Wars and OT stuff. I wish I owned the most recent re-release of the Podracers. I'm sure they'll do them again someday.

I do have Palpatine's Arrest (which is a great companion to the just released Death Star Final Duel set), and a few smaller ships.

LEGO Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist 37% off
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4S7AC0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, if you want to check out bricklink's redesign through a special URL. The new site provides OnSite Payment!.

Make sure to read their blog post before trying the preview.

http://preview.bricklink.com/

How long does it typically take for Bricklink to add new items? I'm still waiting for them to add some of the Summer 2015 Star Wars stuff like Sabine's helmet :(

I...never even thought of this. This is great! I have both this vehicle and the cycle one. I only applied a few stickes, just the ones to add detail, but left off agents logos and such, and threw the mini figures (except infearno) into my minifigs box... I just thought the vehicles were cool as hell. Had Chase McCain in it for a while, but Batman is so perfect.

...I just need a Batman Minifig, lol.

Mate, it's even better than that, see, it's not just Batman, it's ELECTROSUIT Batman aka Tron Batman who is an even better fit for that kind of trans blue slick neon shit that Agents has going on there :)))

Speaking of PT ships, as an avid OT fan and PT hater, i am currently watching the Clone Wars animated series for the first time and it's.... actually GREAT! So now i keep seeing the Republic Gunship all the time and i actually grew quite fond of it's design. So i saw that there have been a few versions of this over the years, which would you guys say is the BEST one so far? The most recent one? Either way it will be hard to track down now :(

Speaking of PT ships, as an avid OT fan and PT hater, i am currently watching the Clone Wars animated series for the first time and it's.... actually GREAT! So now i keep seeing the Republic Gunship all the time and i actually grew quite fondly of it's design. So i saw that there have been a few versions of this over the years, which would you guys say is the BEST one so far? The most recent one? Either way it will be hard to track down now :(

If you haven't watched Rebels, put it on your list. I saw each prequel once and hated them...once the first season swings into gear Rebels really felt like the OT. I would recommend finishing Clone Wars first as there are some very mild tie ins but it isn't necessary.

Don't watch any trailers for Rebels Season 2 if you haven't finished the first season.

ghostmind

Speaking of PT ships, as an avid OT fan and PT hater, i am currently watching the Clone Wars animated series for the first time and it's.... actually GREAT! So now i keep seeing the Republic Gunship all the time and i actually grew quite fondly of it's design. So i saw that there have been a few versions of this over the years, which would you guys say is the BEST one so far? The most recent one? Either way it will be hard to track down now :(

The newest one is on par with the previous, at least. I wouldn't pay the premium to get one of the earlier models.

willp2003

Hi, Been lurking here for a while trying to activate my account, but it seems to be working now. Just thought I'd post this:
My Lego spending has gone up significantly since viewing this thread!

EnJr9IK_zpsjj0khe0f.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I may or may not have given my friend who works at Legoland and who gets 50% off all merchandise today $180 to buy me tons of LEGO...

No idea what I'm going to end up with. I told her that the modulars were at the top of my list if those were in stock (since right now I've just got Pet Shop), but besides that, it's up to her. It's going to be like Christmas morning. Haha

Wall-E looks amazing! They got the eyes JUST right which imo makes the set!

Only bummer is that he looks to be quite a bit smaller than what i was hoping for hmm...

Jimbro72

I may or may not have given my friend who works at Legoland and who gets 50% off all merchandise today $180 to buy me tons of LEGO...

No idea what I'm going to end up with. I told her that the modulars were at the top of my list if those were in stock (since right now I've just got Pet Shop), but besides that, it's up to her. It's going to be like Christmas morning. Haha

I did the same thing today, too, but with a relative. Except the amount I gave is...a bit more.

Kipp

I did the same thing today, too, but with a relative. Except the amount I gave is...a bit more.

Haha nice.
I was tempted to give her more to spend, but that was all the physical cash I had on hand. Haha
Plus, I haven't really had any big desire to buy Lego these past few months. I know that I'd regret not taking advantage of this opportunity though.

Jimbro72

Haha nice.
I was tempted to give her more to spend, but that was all the physical cash I had on hand. Haha
Plus, I haven't really had any big desire to buy Lego these past few months. I know that I'd regret not taking advantage of this opportunity though.

I'd been holding back on most purchases the last couple months knowing I was about to drop a load today to catch up on several large sets I wanted. And you gotta take advantage of deals like this. I see the total I'm spending less as how much I spent and more how much I'm saving getting sets that are already at the top of my want list. Might as well maximize the savings when you can.

Jimbro72

We need to know.

I'll leave the math up to you. :)

Or we at least need pics of the massive haul.

I should find out in a couple of hours what sets my money has bought me. I'm excited. Haha

You didn't ask for anything specific? I'd be curious to see what they came up with for you then.

But pics won't be able to happen until mid to late next week for my haul, as it's being shipped to me half way across the country. But my shopping list, which has been confirmed to all be in stock today, will include:

UCS TIE
UCS Slave I
The Ghost
AT-AT
Kwik-E-Mart
Detective Agency

Kipp

You didn't ask for anything specific? I'd be curious to see what they came up with for you then.

But pics won't be able to happen until mid to late next week for my haul, as it's being shipped to me half way across the country. But my shopping list, which has been confirmed to all be in stock today, will include:

UCS TIE
UCS Slave I
The Ghost
AT-AT
Kwik-E-Mart
Detective Agency

Awesome list.
I just told my friend that my top 3 priorities are Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, and Palace Cinema (in that order). If they only have one or none of those, I told her pretty much any of the hard-to-find or exclusive sets would be good choices. And then I told her to buy me Mixels or whatever she wants with whatever's left if there's anything left.
I was in the Legoland store a few weeks ago and they only had Detective's Office out of those three, so who knows what I"ll end up with. Haha

Ponn

Banned
Awesome list.
I just told my friend that my top 3 priorities are Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, and Palace Cinema (in that order). If they only have one or none of those, I told her pretty much any of the hard-to-find or exclusive sets would be good choices. And then I told her to buy me Mixels or whatever she wants with whatever's left if there's anything left.
I was in the Legoland store a few weeks ago and they only had Detective's Office out of those three, so who knows what I"ll end up with. Haha

If you're friend is feeling cheeky lots and lots of Duplo.

Jimbro72

I just did the math, and I'd have spent the same on those sets in a heartbeat.

Yeah, hard not to when 4 of those will never really see a discount anywhere. Gotta stock up when the chances are there. Almost went with the Ferris Wheel over the Ghost and AT-AT but seeing as those are from last year, I gotta make sure I'm caught up on SW stuff before the Ep7 sets hits.

Awesome list.

Even if you get any one of those sets, you'll be coming out nicely. Now I'm really curious to see what you score here.

Kipp

Even if you get any one of those sets, you'll be coming out nicely. Now I'm really curious to see what you score here.

Yeah, that's how I feel too.
And I kind of like the mystery of not knowing what I'll be getting. It makes it feel like Christmas. Haha
I'll definitely update when I find out!

mrkgoo

Well as mentioned I purchased Bug Obliterator the dual combiner land and spaceship Galaxy Quest set... It's fantastic!

I sat there for a while elite rating overwater to apply the stickers or not and ended up doing it and I think it looks great with the stickers.

Such a cool and fun set.

Kipp

All righty, I should be hearing from my friend any time now...
So excited.

Kipp, why didn't you spend that money on comics?
awesome list

Haha. Shush, you!
I already have way too many comics on my shelf that I haven't read yet. However, I don't have any LEGO sets that I haven't built yet. :p

Kipp

Woo! They have both Detective's Office and Parisian Restaurant in stock! And I'll still have $10 or so left over, so I told her to get Mixels or just surprise me. Haha

It was a little bit tempting asking her to get me both the Ferris Wheel and the Fairground Mixer so that I could have a sweet carnival setup, but I'm not sure I've got the room for that kind of a setup. Haha

But yeah, both Detective's Office and Parisian Restaurant for $160 + tax. Not too shabby.

I'm going to be honest though, I feel slightly guilty for not getting something a little more "exciting" like the Sea Cow or the aforementioned carnival sets. As much as I love Pet Shop on display and want it to have friends, it also wasn't the most exciting build I've ever done.
Oh well. It's not as if I won't ever buy any more Lego again. I would've gotten those sets sooner or later either way. :p

Osahi

Woo! They have both Detective's Office and Parisian Restaurant in stock! And I'll still have $10 or so left over, so I told her to get Mixels or just surprise me. Haha

It was a little bit tempting asking her to get me both the Ferris Wheel and the Fairground Mixer so that I could have a sweet carnival setup, but I'm not sure I've got the room for that kind of a setup. Haha

But yeah, both Detective's Office and Parisian Restaurant for $160 + tax. Not too shabby.

I'm going to be honest though, I feel slightly guilty for not getting something a little more "exciting" like the Sea Cow or the aforementioned carnival sets. As much as I love Pet Shop on display and want it to have friends, it also wasn't the most exciting build I've ever done.
Oh well. It's not as if I won't ever buy any more Lego again. I would've gotten those sets sooner or later either way. :p

PR and DO are amazing. You won't regret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom