• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hopes for the line have been pretty much been dashed completely by the names of those Nexo Knight sets. no longer feeling optimistic that it'll be a theme i'll enjoy.

Jimbro72

Nexo Knights appears to be the name of the upcoming Castle theme, and it sounds very Ninjago-ish.

Speed Champions is back!

Looks like Marvel and DC will be getting battle packs.

The Disney sets apparently are DUPLO? Boooo!

Some sets are still missing, which were on the previous lists.

Besides all the SW, I gotta say, the speed champions stuff is up there in sets I'm looking forward to. I hope they do the corvette justice.

Ponn

Banned
My hopes for the line have been pretty much been dashed completely by the names of those Nexo Knight sets. no longer feeling optimistic that it'll be a theme i'll enjoy.

I'm with you on that one. I heard "Steampunk Castle sets" and I went GIMME GIMME but with those price points and gimmicky sounding basic sets i'm not so hyped right now. Hopefully they prove me wrong but I dunno. DC sets are sounding extremely underwhelming as well. I'm also afraid with all those Marvel sets staring with Civil War and Avengers we may be getting alot of same or repainted figs again. I already have like 5 Thors, 20 Iron Mans and 6 Captain Americas. Battle Packs sound nice IF they use them to introduce new figs that might not fit in with regular sets. Overall i'm just bleh on those listings, I don't know. I guess it gives me time to catch up on sets from this year.

Nexo Knights appears to be the name of the upcoming Castle theme, and it sounds very Ninjago-ish.

Speed Champions is back!

Marvel has a LOT of sets for the first half of 2016.

I am very intrigued with Nexo Knights (and scared for my wallet). It definitely looks like LEGO is really working on themes as potential new IPs in line with Ninjago. Chima IMO wasn't a failure where it didn't sell, but it underperformed greatly as a Ninjago successor.
Growth in $$$ for LEGO will come from IP's they can license out. That and Asian market growth especially in China.

Belle's Royal Carriage is EUR 9.99?
I imagine her carriage will look like this for that price:

iT548eL.jpg

I guess they can make it look somewhat decent if it's an open carriage.

WTF on the Disney theme!!! Well on the bright side, I will save a lot of money not worrying about that theme.

ooo, i like the sound of super heroes battle packs. i've got relatively few super hero sets overall and even if they include common protags in every set i'd love a budget way to accumulate some mooks.

i think i like the sound of all of the elves sets, though i have not started grabbing any from the first wave.

Ninjago: "Black widow island" sounds like it could be a cool enough set that i wind up wanting it despite not caring for the series itself.

re: city: on the previous lists there was a "prison island" item. is that still a thing, or is this an updated leak overwriting it? i really like the idea of a big island prison set, but now i'm worried it's just that starter pack there and a few boats.

looks like 2016 might be all about older sets and bricklink drinking up my money.

ghostmind

A reminder that the first half of the year is when LEGO releases the smaller sets in a theme (unless that theme doesn't have a second wave that year), so the big sets won't be revealed until Toy Fair next year.

ghostmind

re: city: on the previous lists there was a "prison island" item. is that still a thing, or is this an updated leak overwriting it? i really like the idea of a big island prison set, but now i'm worried it's just that starter pack there and a few boats.

There is still a lot missing from this list, including the Prison Island and Fire Station for CITY.

Well as ghostmind said there are some sets missing, but I agree those listings aren't getting me hyped much. Nice time to catch up. I'm excited for a new wave of Elves just for my daughter, who loves them. I'm sure she'll buy every last one. I wish they'd bring unicorns into that theme though.

ghostmind

Don't count Nexo Knights out until we see them. Ninjago has been on a roll with great sets lately, and with Mark Stafford designing for this theme, there is great potential.

I'm just not sure if it is actually Steampunk, or more Future Knights.

There is still a lot missing from this list, including the Prison Island and Fire Station for CITY.

yeeeeeeessss. BLACK-GATE-BLACK-GATE-BLACK-GATE.

Oh god i am not good at frugal.

I am definitely open to the possibility of loving the Nexo knights sets. I am especially curious about the jestro one.

I'm with you on that one. I heard "Steampunk Castle sets" and I went GIMME GIMME but with those price points and gimmicky sounding basic sets i'm not so hyped right now. Hopefully they prove me wrong but I dunno. DC sets are sounding extremely underwhelming as well. I'm also afraid with all those Marvel sets staring with Civil War and Avengers we may be getting alot of same or repainted figs again. I already have like 5 Thors, 20 Iron Mans and 6 Captain Americas. Battle Packs sound nice IF they use them to introduce new figs that might not fit in with regular sets. Overall i'm just bleh on those listings, I don't know. I guess it gives me time to catch up on sets from this year.

I'm still going to be optimistic until I actually see the sets and minifigs. I just hope they don't kiddify the minifigs like they did with Chima. I hope the minifig designs are at an age level like Ninjago where it can appeal to adults and kids.

ooo, i like the sound of super heroes battle packs. i've got relatively few super hero sets overall and even if they include common protags in every set i'd love a budget way to accumulate some mooks.

i think i like the sound of all of the elves sets, though i have not started grabbing any from the first wave.

Ninjago: "Black widow island" sounds like it could be a cool enough set that i wind up wanting it despite not caring for the series itself.

looks like 2016 might be all about older sets and bricklink drinking up my money.

I wonder how they will do Super Hero battle packs. Maybe henchmen for specific villains which would work since they all have the Batman name attached for DC ones. Sigh...still all about Batman.

Marvel, maybe they'll do a proper SHIELD and HYDRA battle packs for army building. Wishful thinking but Wrecking Crew set would be nice.

Yeah. I'm pretty much just expecting "Bat-family member of choice and three goons of whichever villain" for the dc packs. As much as I'd love to, say, get all the rogues or a mess of yellow lanterns all in one go, that seems like too many unique things for a battle pack.

edit: and "Jestro's companions of darkness" makes me imagine an evil court jester and a bunch of minions, which really really works for my imagination and would alternate between being a supervillain for my hero figures and a menace to the world in my castle builds.

No one in this thread is frugal.

If I had an image-hosting account, this is the point at which I would take a picture of some of my amiibo locked in mortal combat with lego-braniac and darkseid along with the commnet "you don't say?"

and yet all my amiibo together are barrely anything compared to modulars....

If I had an image-hosting account, this is the point at which I would take a picture of some of my amiibo locked in mortal combat with lego-braniac and darkseid along with the commnet "you don't say?"

and yet all my amiibo together are barrely anything compared to modulars....

Nintendo IP and LEGO...someday it will happen.

namtab37

Neo Member

Speed Champions is back!

Marvel has a LOT of sets for the first half of 2016.

A large chunk of Star Wars sets are missing - what about 75119 to 75124? Hmmm....

Star Wars battlepacks seem to have a price increase.

Are these sets to come out in January 2016 or throughout the year? I guess first half of 2016? Really looking forward to the speed champions line!

Dreamland sets? Yes plz

smash bros line as excuse to get minifigures of every character and small stage dioramas very rapidly.

so many random ideas that i'd love to see if nintendo partnered with lego...

fire emblem or advance wars turn-based lego board games!

blue falcon!

Oh no i just realized making horribly ugly advance wars units was my other favorite nintendo MOC as a kid :( Intelligent systems plz :(

who am i kidding we would get three years of nothing but mario sets.

Calculations by HUW of Brickset

1 starter pack @ £85 = £85
27 fun packs @ £15 = £405
5 level packs @ £28 = £140
4 team packs @ £28 = £112

Total: £742

Christian

Any of the people with multiple Avengers Tower sets interested in unloading extra Iron Legion of Ultron Mk 1 figures? I'm not particularly anxious to buy the set, but I would like to try to get the figs.

Alright, I need purchasing advice.

I haven't splurged on LEGO in a couple of months ago and I'm feeling the urge to add to the backlog.

Here are my options, and I'm genuinely torn. Will likely get something on Friday and I'm not looking to exceed $250 CDN.

• Tydirium (I really like the way it looks)
  • UCS TIE (It'll go with the X Wing)
  • Imperial Assault Carrier (I'm actually not crazy about the ship, but I want the Sabine & droid figures. Any opinions on the ship?)
  • Jokerland (Lots of great figs and my kids will have fun with it for a minute

I'm trying to avoid buying sets just for the figs, so I'm going to bricklink the following figs. Am I missing out on any good builds?

• Deathstroke from the Batboat
  • Hawkeye from the Hydra Showdown
  • Iron Spider from the Sandman set
  • Quicksilver from Hydra Fortress

I'm still very much on the fence about the new Quinjet & Avengers Tower. Both have a lot of good figs but I know I won't keep the builds together very long.

To further complicate things I love the look of that Ferrari truck from the Speed Champions set. I have no idea why I'm so attracted to that set.

Help me GAF. Help me solve my first world problems.

I haven't splurged on LEGO in a couple of months ago and I'm feeling the urge to add to the backlog.

Here are my options, and I'm genuinely torn. Will likely get something on Friday and I'm not looking to exceed $250 CDN.

• Imperial Assault Carrier (I'm actually not crazy about the ship, but I want the Sabine & droid figures. Any opinions on the ship?)

I'm trying to avoid buying sets just for the figs, so I'm going to bricklink the following figs. Am I missing out on any good builds?

I'm still very much on the fence about the new Quinjet & Avengers Tower. Both have a lot of good figs but I know I won't keep the builds together very long.

To further complicate things I love the look of that Ferrari truck from the Speed Champions set. I have no idea why I'm so attracted to that set.

UCS TIE is awesome, and is the perfect compliment to the Red Five X-Wing.
I had minimal interest in Jokerland until I found out it is the designer of the Ferrari and Blue Power Jet. Now I gotta see what craziness he pulls off with a superhero theme.

As for the figures you list, I am going to get the Batboat Harbor Chase mainly for Deathstroke, but there are some sweet parts in that set. So many small black boat pieces...

Ponn

Banned

I havent got Jokerland yet but i plan on it. Lots of great figs. Im just not sure Quicksilver is worth getting that set but if you are going to pay over $25 for just the fig just get the set. For Hawkeye get the Helicarrier and you'll get a Maria Hill fig! You'll probably want Sandman too so just wait for that Iron Spidey set go on sale. That Spidey has a new print too I believe.

UCS TIE is awesome, and is the perfect compliment to the Red Five X-Wing.
I had minimal interest in Jokerland until I found out it is the designer of the Ferrari and Blue Power Jet. Now I gotta see what craziness he pulls off with a superhero theme.

As for the figures you list, I am going to get the Batboat Harbor Chase mainly for Deathstroke, but there are some sweet parts in that set. So many small black boat pieces...

Thank you! If I wasn't watching Arrow right now I wouldn't even be considering the Deathstroke figure but now I need it. The similarities with Deadpool are intentional, right? Not sure who was around first.

I havent got Jokerland yet but i plan on it. Lots of great figs. Im just not sure Quicksilver is worth getting that set but if you are going to pay over $25 for just the fig just get the set. For Hawkeye get the Helicarrier and you'll get a Maria Hill fig! You'll probably want Sandman too so just wait for that Iron Spidey set go on sale. That Spidey has a new print too I believe.

I love, love, love your logic! And I actually appreciate it since I'll definitely be getting the Helicarrier before the year is out. Need to Bricklink Hawkeye...diminishing.

Thank you! If I wasn't watching Arrow right now I wouldn't even be considering the Deathstroke figure but now I need it. The similarities with Deadpool are intentional, right? Not sure who was around first.

Deathstroke predates Deadpool by about 11 years. And is infinitely more badass. I was so happy that the show did him justice in season 2.

Ponn

Banned
I should note that I needed to Google the name to make sure I was correct.

Deadpool, Deathstroke, Deadshot & Deathlok are easily confused.

You forgot Deadman. That's okay though everybody forgets him.

So Winter Village set was announced last year about this time, when should we expect the "sweet" reveal?

The difference is that Deadpool is a clear and blatant rip off of Deathstroke.

Slade Wilson. Wade Wilson.

Nah, it's a coincidence.

Oh I know the *ade Wilson was a rip-off one way or the other. I just have a hard time keeping tabs on who is who since I don't read their comics. Plus a lot of them are now in the various Marvel/DC shows so I need to pay better attention.

So Winter Village set was announced last year about this time, when should we expect the "sweet" reveal?

Oh god you've made my first world problem so much worse! S@H still doesn't have the 2014 Workshop in stock and I may need to buy it from my local second hand store. Arg. It's the only one I don't have and I hate spending more than MSRP on such a recent set.

Maengun1

Holy god at those Slimer/Stay Puft minifigs. Ughhhhh I need them.

I'm NOT buying Dimensions, I've already put my foot down on that. I don't have the money to buy all the Lego sets I want now. I'm going to be pretty annoying though if they're going to start putting amazing minifigs just in Dimensions packs. How about another full Ghostbusters set with them instead?

Probably gonna e-bay/whatever to get them...now I'm kinda worried if Dimensions explodes in popularity it may take too much of Lego's focus away from making actual complete sets.

Can't say anything about Nexo Knights yet. Sounds like we're getting constraction figures of them.

They're doubling down on Frozen, clever of them. Probably means we'll get Kristoff, Hans and Sven at least. I'm assuming Anna + Kristoff with Sven and tiny sled, and Anna + Elsa + Hans with new castle like the Cinderella one. But the Arendelle castle is actually pretty interesting architecturally, so it could be cool.

There's no way a big dragon can be used in those Elves sets. Maybe a new medium sized mold and then possible big one in the flagship set next fall?

Slightly excited for superhero packs. Superhero sets are always overpriced so getting some slightly cheaper is good.

Too bad about the Deli, it will be as tiny as the Toy & Grocery Shop.

Seeing that the Deadpool trailer just came out, I decided to check on the Deadpool minifig and set prices on Bricklink. Deadpool minifig is going for a cool $30 new. Even if you bought the set containing Deadpool at MSRP, you'd be making close to 200% off that set as the set is listing for ~$70 new sealed. The Deadpool movie hype I'm sure will drive demand for that minifig.

That said, any chance LEGO would do a new set with Deadpool in 2016? The movie is R so I wonder if LEGO will be less likely to do another Deadpool minifig for a long time if ever. My bet is a big NO on LEGO doing another Deadpool minifig. This leads to the question of LEGO doing Deadpool in the first place. They said no to lots of properties due to the nature of the IP, but Deadpool and Wolverine are pretty violent.

Anyone else excited about the Deadpool movie?

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&itemID=105186&sz=10&searchSort=P

Ponn

Banned
Seeing that the Deadpool trailer just came out, I decided to check on the Deadpool minifig and set prices on Bricklink. Deadpool minifig is going for a cool $30 new. Even if you bought the set containing Deadpool at MSRP, you'd be making close to 200% off that set as the set is listing for ~$70 new sealed. The Deadpool movie hype I'm sure will drive demand for that minifig.

That said, any chance LEGO would do a new set with Deadpool in 2016? The movie is R so I wonder if LEGO will be less likely to do another Deadpool minifig for a long time if ever. My bet is a big NO on LEGO doing another Deadpool minifig. This leads to the question of LEGO doing Deadpool in the first place. They said no to lots of properties due to the nature of the IP, but Deadpool and Wolverine are pretty violent.

Anyone else excited about the Deadpool movie?

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&itemID=105186&sz=10&searchSort=P

I'm honestly surprised they did a Deadpool fig to begin with but I guess they are making exceptions for mature audience comic characters. Im not sure if they would do another set for the movie since its Fox. Great fig to have though, like minifig Hulk.

I need to stop looking at oop sets but is Grand Emporium worth $260? I keep hearing mixed reviews on it making it seem like a modular that can be skipped.

I'm honestly surprised they did a Deadpool fig to begin with but I guess they are making exceptions for mature audience comic characters. Im not sure if they would do another set for the movie since its Fox. Great fig to have though, like minifig Hulk.

I need to stop looking at oop sets but is Grand Emporium worth $260? I keep hearing mixed reviews on it making it seem like a modular that can be skipped.

The exterior/final build looks awesome, but the inside is a barren wasteland. It's also super, super repetitive. If you're a completionist, or want to have both "bookends" for the buildings, then grab it before it climbs any higher. But lower your expectations for the build by.. a lot.

Osahi

I saw Lego Dimensions yesterdat at Gamescom. Didn't get in line as my time was short, but could glimpse the figures from a far. The builds look very smalish (smaller then I had imagined from the pics and trailer), but sweet.

Maybe it was because I was standing a few meters back though...

wetwired

I doubt they'll do one for the new film, they haven't done any direct tie-in to the Fox films yet

I am confused... Aren't the modulars supposed to be set in the 30s?

Why then, does Town Hall feature an office on the first floor which has a COMPUTER?

I mean, that IS supposed to be a computer correct?

We either have an anachronism on our hands here OR that is supposed to be something else which i can't figure out atm hmm...

There is no set time period for the modulars. Only Detective's Office had an actual storyline that actually pegs it in that era. The architecture is generally early 20th century so far, but that goes for most cities.

The exterior/final build looks awesome, but the inside is a barren wasteland. It's also super, super repetitive. If you're a completionist, or want to have both "bookends" for the buildings, then grab it before it climbs any higher. But lower your expectations for the build by.. a lot.

The build may be repetitive, but it is still better than Palace Cinema. :)

Grand Emporium is still my favorite looking modular. Sure, there are far better builds, but that repetition yields a really classy looking exterior. Such a shame that the interior wasn't as awesome besides the escalators and chandelier.

So, Ponn, go and get it for that price. It isn't even double MSRP at that point, so that ain't bad for an OOP modular.

The build may be repetitive, but it is still better than Palace Cinema. :)

Grand Emporium is still my favorite looking modular. Sure, there are far better builds, but that repetition yields a really classy looking exterior. Such a shame that the interior wasn't as awesome besides the escalators and chandelier.

So, Ponn, go and get it for that price. It isn't even double MSRP at that point, so that ain't bad for an OOP modular.

I agree with this. I have to take down one of my corners to make room for the Detective's Office later this month and it will be the Palace Cinema....Emporium will stay up 'cause it's gorgeous. And I don't think the build was bad at all...even the lesser modulars are better builds than most of the other sets I pick up.

There is no set time period for the modulars. Only Detective's Office had an actual storyline that actually pegs it in that era. The architecture is generally early 20th century so far, but that goes for most cities.

Fire Brigade's 1932 inscription under the bell begs to differ though?

I don't own DO yet but if that puts in in that era as WELL then there may be a time period to these things after all? I am not sure where i heard the 30s thing but this does seem plausible hmm...

Ponn

Banned
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was already batting around getting oop Diagon Alley then I saw this. Its cheaper and makes more sense for my budding Modular collection. I appreciate well done interiors, like Detective Office but I care more about the exterior and how it looks on display. I always did like the outside look of the GE so the complaints against it are minimal for me. I guess i've made my decision on what to get then. Now what happens if they release another corner modular??!! Dun Dun Dunnnnn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom