• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be moving soon and I started packing up some things today, came across a box of my old Beast Wars toys and checked online for how much they could be worth.

Around $500, to my surprise! I might try and sell them off to the site I got the prices from once we're settled.

and use the money to buy Lego stuff

Question for lego peeps who've bought beat up box sets for cheap...

What are the odds that a Walmart manager would drop down the price on the 3 in 1 Blue Jet creator set considering the box was stepped on and crushed 8 ways to sunday? I saw the last one at the store, in the clearence aisle and got excited, brought it to a price checker, still 70$ :u

Amiibro

Question for lego peeps who've bought beat up box sets for cheap...

What are the odds that a Walmart manager would drop down the price on the 3 in 1 Blue Jet creator set considering the box was stepped on and crushed 8 ways to sunday? I saw the last one at the store, in the clearence aisle and got excited, brought it to a price checker, still 70$ :u

Just depends. Be really nice and specifically ask to talk to an assistant manager over that area, not someone who cannot even make that discount. State your case and be really nice and explain the set is on clearance and this will help clear it out and everyone leaves happy. Decide what price you want to pay and suggest it in a % other then strait dollars. Like hey this is ruined will you mark it 30% off since the store can't even return it to the company? I worked there previously and have helped people that are nice and just state the facts. I also know how to play the game as a customer as well.

I went to a local store and saw that they marked down the recent line of Pirates ship to $70. Like a dummy I didn't buy it right away and passed. Came back later long gone. Fast forward to a week of regret and I have someone check every store for the item via in store handheld. Walmart inventory is notoriously wrong so everywhere shows 0. A couple days later I head to another store and I see they have it.

Instantly my heart pounds all is redeemed right?!? No it's red tagged but no mark down. Department manager says they have no mark down money and can't help me. I sit it down disappointed. I come back a week later to pick up a scooby doo set and see they moved it to the clearance isle still no mark down. I see an assistant manager ringing me out and I ask why do they tag it clearance and put it in the isle not marked down its deceiving. He agreed and said lets walk and take a look. I told him that I worked there previously and I know I could just buy the set full price, return it to the other store where the upc is marked down and rebuy it but that isn't really fair for the other store. He scans it on his handheld and says that he can drop it to the same price as the other store but just as a price over ride. I said that would be great and shook his hand and thanked him. He also agreed it's better then it sitting around unsold for months.

Sorry for such a long story but kindness has always worked for me. Most managers just want to make the customer happy within reason and move on with there day without a complaint email sent. If they don't feel like they want to help go find another ast manager and ask if they will.

Toxi

Banned
Bionicle 2016 set names and prices

• 71300 Uxar: Creature of Jungle $10
  • 71301 Ketar: Creature of Stone $10
  • 71302 Akida: Creature of Water $10
  • 71303 Ikir: Creature of Fire $10
  • 71304 Terak: Creature of Earth $10
  • 71305 Lewa: Uniter of Jungle $15
  • 71306 Pohatu: Uniter of Stone $15
  • 71307 Gali: Uniter of Water $15
  • 71308 Tahu: Uniter of Fire $20
  • 71309 Onua: Uniter of Earth $20
  • 71310 Umarak the Hunter $20
  • 71311 Kopaka and Melum Unity (Price not known)

Just depends. Be really nice and specifically ask to talk to an assistant manager over that area, not someone who cannot even make that discount. State your case and be really nice and explain the set is on clearance and this will help clear it out and everyone leaves happy. Decide what price you want to pay and suggest it in a % other then strait dollars. Like hey this is ruined will you mark it 30% off since the store can't even return it to the company? I worked there previously and have helped people that are nice and just state the facts. I also know how to play the game as a customer as well.

I went to a local store and saw that they marked down the recent line of Pirates ship to $70. Like a dummy I didn't buy it right away and passed. Came back later long gone. Fast forward to a week of regret and I have someone check every store for the item via in store handheld. Walmart inventory is notoriously wrong so everywhere shows 0. A couple days later I head to another store and I see they have it.

Instantly my heart pounds all is redeemed right?!? No it's red tagged but no mark down. Department manager says they have no mark down money and can't help me. I sit it down disappointed. I come back a week later to pick up a scooby doo set and see they moved it to the clearance isle still no mark down. I see an assistant manager ringing me out and I ask why do they tag it clearance and put it in the isle not marked down its deceiving. He agreed and said lets walk and take a look. I told him that I worked there previously and I know I could just buy the set full price, return it to the other store where the upc is marked down and rebuy it but that isn't really fair for the other store. He scans it on his handheld and says that he can drop it to the same price as the other store but just as a price over ride. I said that would be great and shook his hand and thanked him. He also agreed it's better then it sitting around unsold for months.

Sorry for such a long story but kindness has always worked for me. Most managers just want to make the customer happy within reason and move on with there day without a complaint email sent. If they don't feel like they want to help go find another ast manager and ask if they will.

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably shoot for trying to get a discount.

What should go through everyone's mind before shopping any retail place. If you are nice to the workers, they will be more willing to help you and maybe bend the rules if needed.

Yeah, depending on the manager I see I might be able to get a good discount, I worked at this store for 7 months before leaving on good terms (Good meaning I didn't call out of work for the last two months I worked there)

Rootbeer

Banned
You'll be able to order Wall-E on shop.lego.com in the very early hours of Sept 1st (Or possibly as early as 9PM PST the night before if you are in the USA), so don't fret. Amazon is not shipping it till Sept 1st anyway.

They hid the listing since they put pre-orders up too early it seems.

(Hey, amazon... how about listing some Star Wars LEGO sets early so we can get a sneak peak?)

Osahi

You'll be able to order Wall-E on shop.lego.com in the very early hours of Sept 1st (Or possibly as early as 9PM PST the night before if you are in the USA), so don't fret. Amazon is not shipping it till Sept 1st anyway.

They hid the listing since they put pre-orders up too early it seems.

(Hey, amazon... how about listing some Star Wars LEGO sets early so we can get a sneak peak?)

What are the toughts on it. Will it sell out fast and should I stay up?

Rootbeer

Banned
What are the toughts on it. Will it sell out fast and should I stay up?
The way shop.lego.com works is they will keep taking orders even if they sell out of their current allotment and ship it to you when they get more. So you should be able to get one no worries on that first day. But it you are too slow about it it might not ship until later in September.

It will sell well but I don't think it's going to be really hard to get like Elsa's Castle was for those first few months.

I'll get that Wall-E set as soon as it comes out. Dont wanna take any chances and I kinda like staying up for stuff like this lol

I'm glad they're adding back names to the non-Toa sets. I really didn't like the 'protector of ____' and 'skull _____'. It'll be interesting to see who Melum is, its probably a bad guy considering they like to pair good guys and bad guys up for play factor, but it could have something to do with the ice tribe considering they're absent from both the 'regular' size groups

Osahi

The way shop.lego.com works is they will keep taking orders even if they sell out of their current allotment and ship it to you when they get more. So you should be able to get one no worries on that first day. But it you are too slow about it it might not ship until later in September.

It will sell well but I don't think it's going to be really hard to get like Elsa's Castle was for those first few months.

Don't really care when I get it (but i prefer soon). But it is a must have set for me. Must be my most wanted Lego set in like ever :p

Amiibro

Surprised to see Wall-E gone from preorder from Amazon. Glad I got my order in as soon as it was posted here. Hope they honor it.

mf.luder

the final parts, the printed torsos finally arrived today! Here's a dodgy photo (will take proper ones on the weekend) of what the pack will include.

11845947_10153639736132994_981090457_n.jpg

I've got very sore fingers after putting a lot of arms back on, I have only done Scully's one at the moment.

Me want. Very bad. Almost as much as I want MGS5. Please let me know how I can get these.

<3 <3

The Kopaka set seems to be a cominer as well from what people are saying on Eurobricks.

I'm trying to enjoy the skull sets before I can really gear up for thinking about 2016 sets.

Rootbeer

Banned
DPCI still not for certain.

Also the Trickster minifigure & DVD/BluRay bundle is being found. Might want to check those movie shelves too.

They ended up telling me the blue jet would still be full price because the box was in "presentable" shape. So I ended up buying it cuz it was the last one. Got the Hulkbuster for 15 bucks instead of 30 so that made up for it kinda.

ThisOne

What would the interest level be in buying a pretty big collection of minifigures? I've got partial or full sets of Series 2-13 (and a few from The Simpsons and Lego Movie) including some pretty rare and/or expensive ones (Forest Maiden, Chicken Suit, Lady Scientist, Hotdog Suit, etc.). What I would probably do is price them all on eBay, total it up, and then take a huge chunk off if someone wants to be the whole lot. I will soon be able to come up with a comprehensive list of everything I've got, but just off the top of my head, it's got to be somewhere around 100-150 minifigures.

So I have officially sorted all of my disassembled sets. During this process I sorted by the following categories as my first phase, to further sort within each of them:

• Bricks
  • Plates
  • Tiles
  • Technic
  • Flora
  • Fauna
  • Fig-related
  • Bullshit

As you can imagine, that last category resulted in a pretty massive box of weird pieces. I'm going through it today and I came across these two pieces. Is the small one actual LEGO? What is the large blue one?

So I have officially sorted all of my disassembled sets. During this process I sorted by the following categories as my first phase, to further sort within each of them:

• Bricks
  • Plates
  • Tiles
  • Technic
  • Flora
  • Fauna
  • Fig-related
  • Bullshit

As you can imagine, that last category resulted in a pretty massive box of weird pieces. I'm going through it today and I came across these two pieces. Is the small one actual LEGO? What is the large blue one?

I am not sure about the small piece, but the big blue one was used very frequently in Blacktron 2.0 stuff.

6887-1.jpg

Mainly for the pods. That is how all that SNOT is achieved with the fins on the side.

Rootbeer

Banned
Do you think this could be used to price match at target?

No DPCI code here, looks like the cashier rang it up manually for some reason

rFX46BI.jpg

wetwired

All the Scooby Doo sets arrived today via S@H, I have X-Agents to pack and photograph and I'm stuck editing together a trailer to release tomorrow, hopefully I can knock it out soon so I can get stuck into the Mystery Machine before bed.

I got a free winter soldier though, not that I really want it. Might see if I can trade it to someone for a minifig I do want.

Rootbeer

Banned
From eurobricks

If you are like me, you didn't notice that the werewolf in the CMF series 14 actually has a new head. This pic illustrates it.

20463801862_835f9c451f_o.png

wetwired

From eurobricks

If you are like me, you didn't notice that the werewolf in the CMF series 14 actually has a new head. This pic illustrates it.

20463801862_835f9c451f_o.png

Strange choice considering how close the 2 are.

Just put together the Mystery Machine, such a great set. Up there with Ghostbusters for me, and fits with it perfectly.

The stickers though...I think that's the biggest sticker sheet I've ever had. I applied them all though as it wouldn't be the same without them.

I can't tell you how much worse I feel about stickers after the Red Five debacle. It's what has prevented me from even opening up the Mystery Machine. I just can't stand them.

The Red Five sticker was an anomaly. A large, oddly shaped sticker that needed absolute precision to go on correctly. It is a shame they didn't just do a printed piece for that canopy.

But the stickers on Mystery Machine are much better. They are the really thick vinyl style ones like the info plaques on UCS are, or the movie posters in Palace Cinema.
I was worried looking at the sticker sheet that the Mystery Machine logo was going to be one big sticker across two bricks, but thankfully it isn't. No more Maersk train shenanigans with stickers. That set was horrible for doing that, even if the build was utterly fantastic.

I can't tell you how much worse I feel about stickers after the Red Five debacle. It's what has prevented me from even opening up the Mystery Machine. I just can't stand them.

I just received my Red Five from s@h and I can hardly believe this ridiculous sticker. This must be one of the worst stickers ever, on such a prominent piece and in a $200 set no less. I may just skip it, which I've never done before.

Fowler

I just received my Red Five from s@h and I can hardly believe this ridiculous sticker. This must be one of the worst stickers ever, on such a prominent piece and in a $200 set no less. I may just skip it, which I've never done before.

I skipped it too, and honestly I think it looks TOTALLY fine without it.

I screwed up the first application badly. Because of the sticker glue I had to spend a good 20-30 minutes carefully cleaning the hatch. Once I did that there was no way I was going to try again. I'm with Fowler-skip it!

Do you think this could be used to price match at target?

No DPCI code here, looks like the cashier rang it up manually for some reason

rFX46BI.jpg

Dude, I just realized that is a crotch shot. I feel like I've been rick-rolled or something that rhymes with that.

Man, the fly guy looks good. Can't wait to get that series.

What sticker is so ridiculous in the set?

I believe they are referring to the canopy sticker.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Would it be possible to cut out the transparent sections and just put the trim there? Or would it be even harder?

Arguably harder as the fame could more easily distort as you apply it. I wonder if you could dissect it into strips as they'd be easier to line up and easier to adjust during application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom