• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
Wondering why the First Order Special Forces TIE comes with two pilots; in the box art both are hidden, so it might be a two-seater.

Rootbeer

Banned
What all are you getting on FF?
All 6" BS figures, the 6" scale TIE, most (almost all, maybe all we'll see) TFA LEGO sets. I might get some of the POP! figures (Kylo Ren, Phasma, BB-8), also I'm hoping for a sphero BB-8 toy to also come out but that one might not be until later in the year.

For books, I'll get what I can, I have a lot pre-ordered on amazon but most of those are Dec releases. Still trying to see what other Sept books are coming. Other than the Novel

Anything interesting that I miss I'll have on my radar for later in the year. But I'll get as much of it out of the way as I can on Sept 4th

The cards are tempting but it doesn't really fit in with what I'm currently collecting. Trying to set some boundaries.

Toxi

Banned
  • 75099 Rey's Speeder - 193 pieces - £19.99, €26.99, $19.99
  • 75100 First Order Snowspeeder - 444 pieces - £39.99, €49.99, $39.99
  • 75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - 517 pieces - £59.99, €69.99, $69.99
  • 75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter - 717 pieces - £69.99, €89.99, $79.99
  • 75103 First Order Transporter - 792 pieces - £79.99, €99.99, $89.99
  • 75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - 1004 pieces - £99.99, €119.99, $119.99
  • 75105 Millennium Falcon - 1332 pieces - £129.99, €149.99, $149.99
Eeek, Star Wars is expensive.

Ponn

Banned
Having a hard time believing that Transporter is almost 800 pieces. Kylo Ren's ship still just looks weird to me, and not in a good way. It looks very very "meh". Halloween X-Wing looks cool though as does the Falcon. I'm wondering how big that Tie Fighter looks next to the UCS version. It looks pretty big for only 500 pieces. I also like the color scheme on it.

Rootbeer

Banned
So looks like Rey's helmet/mask only comes in the cheapest set? You don't get it with the Falcon hu?

Kinda makes it hard to pass up. Even if it is a cheap set to begin with. So, it's not much of a hit if you are already buying the others.

Of all the sets I'm least interested in the TIE. Mostly because we already got the UCS TIE this year and the design of this one isn't dramatically different (it's scaled down, different colors, but very similar), so that set I might have to put off till a later purchase.

Not that I don't want them all, but Force Friday is already going to be huge enough for me as it is.

Falcon, X-Wing, Transport and Command Shuttle are the standouts for me. You'll get all of the important characters from Wave 1 and most of the best looking crafts.

These sets already have me really excited, but I can't help but think about the upcoming waves and when they will choose to include Luke/Leia

So, here is a weird one. I ordered a Helicarrier a few weeks ago from where I work. I paid in the store instead of online so that way I support where i work. I am sure everyone here has figured it out, but I don't say outright because that way I am never held responsible for anything I say about them.
Well, three weeks later I finally received the Helicarrier. After nearly daily calls to the shipping department and customer service inquiring why the order that I paid for had not shipped when I could just go online and buy it would ship immediately, I kept getting the run around.

Well, finally, after much harassing, they shipped it and it arrived. TWICE. They sent me two Helicarriers instead of the one I paid for. Now I have to call them again and tell them they screwed up and send one of them back.

I can't keep it because it just aint right, but it is slightly annoying that after all the annoyance and frustration of badgering them to fix the computer issue and send me what I paid for that they do it twice due to a computer error, and I have to call them yet again.

They didn't charge my card twice either. Just the once. I like telling myself that I got a second one free for all the hassle, but I know it is just another error on their end.

So, here is a weird one. I ordered a Helicarrier a few weeks ago from where I work. I paid in the store instead of online so that way I support where i work. I am sure everyone here has figured it out, but I don't say outright because that way I am never held responsible for anything I say about them.
Well, three weeks later I finally received the Helicarrier. After nearly daily calls to the shipping department and customer service inquiring why the order that I paid for had not shipped when I could just go online and buy it would ship immediately, I kept getting the run around.

Well, finally, after much harassing, they shipped it and it arrived. TWICE. They sent me two Helicarriers instead of the one I paid for. Now I have to call them again and tell them they screwed up and send one of them back.

I can't keep it because it just aint right, but it is slightly annoying that after all the annoyance and frustration of badgering them to fix the computer issue and send me what I paid for that they do it twice due to a computer error, and I have to call them yet again.

They didn't charge my card twice either. Just the once. I like telling myself that I got a second one free for all the hassle, but I know it is just another error on their end.

Interesting (and frustrating). Let us know how this turns out.

neonglow

Ok I've done a few test sales of the X- Agents and everything seems in order. I'm still gonna do a "soft launch" here on GAF, I've added 20 to the site so anyone who's interested can get in before most others. Please don't spread the word or link yet as I don't want them getting out anywhere but here for the moment

I just placed an order. I'm order #9. I'm looking forward to their arrival.

ghostmind

IcB6Bem.jpg

6YDBMhz.jpg

wiESc7S.jpg

LU793di.jpg

OylfZY7.jpg

28Nzbej.jpg

That Obi-Wan face is okay I guess. Not sure what to think, I still prefer his look in Episode 1.

Grievous looks awesome. Now I want to buy one of these...help.

The Millennium Falcon might be slightly cheaper than previously rumoured. Interesting.

The others look fairly dull. Lots of NPC:s that might be useful at some point, but not worth getting for now. Maybe Rey's Speeder will be iconic later on, and I might need a second Rey to use for parts but I have a feeling she'll be the most distributed figure.

Some cool new parts like the bowcaster and of course tons of hats too.

I am honestly not impressed by these TFA sets... Blocky, a ton of studs instead of tiles to finish the look off and just overall not really iconic ship design for a lot of these, unlike the OT ships (and a lot of Clone Wars stuff even) which all had unique and interesting looks to them. Maybe, MAYBE my opinion will change slightly when i see the movie by association but i won't hold my breath.

Only saving grace and the sets i may get is the X-Wing (color scheme plus the round opening elements in the middle), and maybe that Falcon after closer inspection hmm, the Tie is alright too but doesn't warrant an update. Funny how all the ships i like are updates of older iconic ships, none of the new ones...

Osahi

Damn, i'll want the falcon, x-wing, tie and rey's speeder.

I will be broke :( ( I hate it Europe is fucked pricewise, some sets are even cheaper a dollar for a euro -_- )

willp2003

Most of my collection is OT Star Wars, but i can easily pass on all of the new sets. That may change when I see the movie, but for now my wallet is safe. Will be picking up wall-e though.
I've only just discovered the despecialized versions of the OT movies, so I'm spending the weekend watching those.

Damn, i'll want the falcon, x-wing, tie and rey's speeder.

I will be broke :( ( I hate it Europe is fucked pricewise, some sets are even cheaper a dollar for a euro -_- )

yup noticed that as well... not enough that after conversion EU sets were traditionally way more expensive at the same dollar per euro value but now it seems in addition to that Lego decided to raise prices for EU sets in GENERAL.

I mean, 89.99 $ for a set and 99.99 Euro for the same set... really?

Having a hard time believing that Transporter is almost 800 pieces. Kylo Ren's ship still just looks weird to me, and not in a good way. It looks very very "meh". Halloween X-Wing looks cool though as does the Falcon. I'm wondering how big that Tie Fighter looks next to the UCS version. It looks pretty big for only 500 pieces. I also like the color scheme on it.

The TIE looks to be basically the same as the previous non-UCS one.

The wings really look like they should be able to rotate forward. It's a pity they don't.

It's a pity it doesn't look like the concept art, the one that looked like a cross between a TIE fighter and an Imperial shuttle.

Osahi

yup noticed that as well... not enough that after conversion EU sets were traditionally way more expensive at the same dollar per euro value but now it seems in addition to that Lego decided to raise prices for EU sets in GENERAL.

I mean, 89.99 $ for a set and 99.99 Euro for the same set... really?

Yeah, first noticed it with the new Naboo Starfighter. When i saw the american RRP of 50 i knew i'd buy one, even if they converted 1 euro for a dollar. Then it came out and it was 70 euros over here. The fuck?

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Yeah, first noticed it with the new Naboo Starfighter. When i saw the american RRP of 50 i knew i'd buy one, even if they converted 1 euro for a dollar. Then it came out and it was 70 euros over here. The fuck?

For me it was especially frustrating with the 2014 Snowspeeder. $29.99 in the US, and in Belgium I struggled to find it below €50 ...

I would try and inform them of their mistake. If they try to give you shit, make it seem like you're some kind of idiot, or are just jerks about things in general I would keep it. That's alway what I do in cases like this.

Always attempt to make things right though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
when big new ranges get revealed and I don't particularly want any of them, it gives me a warm feeling inside.

I can safely ignore all of those SW sets and wait patiently for a UCS Falcon. In the meantime Expert Creator and Ideas are taking all my money.

wetwired

I put together the Mystery Mansion today...sooo good. I'm loving this Scooby Doo series. It sucks it's only one run but to be honest it probably doesn't have a lot of potential for future sets. The minifigs, the choice of colours for everything (the purples on the mansion, and green\light blue of the vehicles), the new parts (dat pumpkin head) soo good.

IMG_20150815_133508.jpg

Only thing that is missing is Scrappy Doo, yeah I said it!

giphy.gif

I feel like the whole series is gonna be a fetching high prices in a few years. Especially the Mystery Machine

I would try and inform them of their mistake. If they try to give you shit, make it seem like you're some kind of idiot, or are just jerks about things in general I would keep it. That's alway what I do in cases like this.

Always attempt to make things right though.

Oh, I have every intention of making it right. I thought I said that was implied in the post. I was just complaining about having to call them up again after everything.

Got in on the X-Files figures. Thanks Wetwired.

Super disappointed in the SW:TFA sets. Very boxy. Too many studs on top. Probably just get the X-Wing. Millennium Falcon is a maybe.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't mind the studs in the sets... except that Command Shuttle. Damn it looks ugly.
Not that it was any better in the second teaser trailer, the whole design is meh.
Cannot match the greatness of the original Imperial Shuttle.

Too bad it is the only set with Kylo Ren... for now. No doubt there will be more sets with Kylo Ren in later waves.

Amiibro

You should find some kid that loves super heroes and give it to him for Christmas.

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, based on Hasbro's TFA TIE Fighter toy, this new TIE will have two-seat cockpit, with rear window. The bottom turret is visible in the Lego set already.

http://www.revengeofthe5th.net/2015/07/the-force-awakens-tie-fighter-flies.html

Do note the film will have at least two types of TIEs.
These Special Forces TIEs, and standard TIEs.

From front, you can tell these apart by the bottom turret, paint job (standard has no red slash) and the wing-connections which are considerably sturdier with the Special Forces TIE.

chidrock

Ok I've done a few test sales of the X- Agents and everything seems in order. I'm still gonna do a "soft launch" here on GAF, I've added 20 to the site so anyone who's interested can get in before most others. Please don't spread the word or link yet as I don't want them getting out anywhere but here for the moment

Phew - just made it! #19...the X-Files is my favorite show ever, so I'm glad I didn't miss out.

I know this came up in the past, but are you going to share the instructions for your diorama?

Thanks!

wetwired

Phew - just made it! #19...the X-Files is my favorite show ever, so I'm glad I didn't miss out.

I know this came up in the past, but are you going to share the instructions for your diorama?

Thanks!

It's coming! I just need to package it up with some basic instructions. Hopefully tomorrow my time I'll share it. Biggest problem I have is the lack of printed parts in LDD. I think I'll just leave them blank and make a note that the choice is at your discretion. I'll likely also say the same about colours used. It's more of a guide than direct instructions like a lego kit. I couldn't be arsed trawling bricklink to make sure all the pieces I've used in LDD are readily available. People can figure that out on their own, it'd not like I'm charging for it.

Ryuuroden

zurrr, order 25, I hope I can still get them.

Such a n00b question, but do retired LEGO sets ever come back? I recently bought the Detective's Office and so naturally I now want all the other modular buildings that have ever existed - this is a fairly pricey proposition though and I wonder whether I should just buy the old ones when I see them for something approaching a reasonable price or cross my fingers.

I've got a shit-ton of photos of the Detective's Office if anyone's interested, also!

Amiibro

Such a n00b question, but do retired LEGO sets ever come back? I recently bought the Detective's Office and so naturally I now want all the other modular buildings that have ever existed - this is a fairly pricey proposition though and I wonder whether I should just buy the old ones when I see them for something approaching a reasonable price or cross my fingers.

I've got a shit-ton of photos of the Detective's Office if anyone's interested, also!

You should post some I'd like to see them. I have been thinking about getting some of the buildings and starting a little downtown area. So far I have the Toy Shop and Bike/Cafe. Id really like to do a small town but all my sets dont fit together well. I also have the Space Launch (forget the real name, big set) and the underwater rescue ship.

Id like to get the ferris wheel and that carnival set too!

Koren

I'm in the same case, I especially would have liked to get Green Grocer, Cafe Corner and Fire Brigade (I've only the last 5 plus the haunted house).

I really, really, really doubt they'll ever come back. Best option is to bricklink them, changing a couple details in the process (different colors, e.g.) to keep costs reasonable.

There were a tiny number (maybe 3?) of very old ones that got re-released in modern form for some special anniversary or something years ago.

I noticed that a lot of the long-running themes re-imagine very, very similar things every so often, though it is rarely literal re-releases. For example, it seems like there's a red dragon thing in the creator series once every few years. Or, the last couple series of pirate (non-disney film) ones seem super redundant. Or city police and fire are often repetitive. The problem is most of those are tiny playset type things.

I feel like the only way we're every getting modular re-releases is if cafe corner and market st get used as inspiration for new buildings that actually have interior decoration someday. It just seems like it'd be so much work to do extra print runs of the other deceased buildings for limited sales. The next-best thing is probably if they find excuses to put rare and expensive elements back into print so that ordering spare bricks from lego becomes an option and bricklink prices nosedive as a favor to those of us crazy enough to go that far for a long-gone building.

I guess I'll just buy 'em if I find em then. Double RRP is bad but some of them are four times what they would have cost when they were released and it's mad =(

You should post some I'd like to see them. I have been thinking about getting some of the buildings and starting a little downtown area.

Here ya go:

Bags and bags of Lego.

wMBWHSB.jpg

PART 1:

Part 1 comprises the snooker hall. The foundations...

ZzI8GkV.jpg

The beginnings of the wall. I'm not sure how I feel about those brick patterned pieces. I like them when they're on their own, but when you put them in a row with some others, it looks a bit messy.

h0lIeDl.jpg

A snooker table! It's so cute.

Q6kMjc6.jpg

The snooker table in the snooker hall with a dartboard and a trophy. The small panel under the trophy slides from side to side but I'm not sure why.

fkpaYjM.jpg

A ceiling fan which spins around.

y1Bq70t.jpg

A look through the front windows...

zPVTvxV.jpg

The finished snooker hall! I love that there's a rest in the rack with the cues. Amazing attention to detail.

h2krVxZ.jpg

AWnrIvD.jpg

And some left over pieces...

ZNfPHOv.jpg

I don't think much to the darts but they'll do :lol:

PART 2:

Part 2 is the barber's shop, which is next door to the snooker hall. This is the floor of Al's and also a barrel which for some reason is full of cakes. I'm not really sure what it's all about. Next to it you can see a small tunnel which leads into the snooker hall via a sliding panel.

DL4EaQX.jpg

Now I've completely covered the barrel with some stairs, it's just... there. But why! Al's got a sink.

cEER2vg.jpg

This is the barber's chair.

H6xfrGm.jpg

There is an actual mirror! The cupboard at the back hides a secret passage to the outside, and there's also a secret passage under the stairs where the barrel is, so you can sneak out from the snooker hall through the barber's shop. If you want.

a4IPhbS.jpg

Al's gonna cut some hair.

6Jvadgj.jpg

agJzIZZ.jpg

This is the sign, which is held on by that white bar so some bricks can go sideways. It's a really clever part of the build.

6B5npgI.jpg

This is around the back. That grate with the leaves on it is hiding the secret passage, it swings open. The dustbin, for no reason I could work out, has a baseball cap in it. Like, it was actually part of the instructions. Put the hat in the bin.

i0gDsjK.jpg

So this is the shop fronts and the alleyway between them.

1kdbvGT.jpg

And this is the leftover stuff from part 2.

fkWUodG.jpg

PART 3:

Part 3 is the second floor, which is where the detective's office is and there's another room as well. Wasn't sure what it was but it became clear quite soon. This is the base, which holds it all together.

BCiHPqr.jpg

This is the beginning of that second room.

3odg2rJ.jpg

I was smiling as I built this.

6bD4KBH.jpg

It has a cistern and a chain and a sink and a tap and everything! And there's a gap under the door, in true toilet cubicle style. It's so cool.

STvaHeq.jpg

Some windows, all the windows have sills.

AImAnpH.jpg

The detective's office begins. A couple of the drawers have letters in them. And my finger is there. Hello.

2VdRm09.jpg

This is the desk, it's brilliant. Also the newspaper has proper writing on it but it's so small you can't read it.

ycgM6N0.jpg

Unless you use Ace Brickman's working magnifying glass, anyway! There's a safe at the side with money and a briefcase in it.

VVAEZ95.jpg

The back wall of the office has a secret behind the painting. Also, there's a wanted poster and it kinda got me thinking. I reckon your man in the wanted poster there did something in the snooker hall, took the secret passage out through the barber's shop, and then ditched his hat in the bin to escape. I'm not sure if that's actually what's supposed to be implied, but if it is, it's just amazing detail.

V3iCuPm.jpg

This is the second floor, including a fire escape which you can raise and lower.

vAUsZkQ.jpg

This is it from the back, not super exciting.

zMcpNNi.jpg

This is it all together so far.

ILS7sPe.jpg

These are the leftover bricks from part 3.

FXgxF99.jpg

PART 4:

Part 4 is the top floor and roof, as well as a couple of extra bits for the front. This is the base.

v7SdQgG.jpg

A little kitchenette!

fFVCYHt.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what the red thing is. It might just be a bowl on a table.

nlOfwQY.jpg

A clock, a cupboard with a saucepan in it, and a working rolling pin!

flgnXgr.jpg

A skylight down to the detective's office.

0pihE2u.jpg

The water tower is a really really cool part of the build. You can't see it in this shot, but part of the roof decoration appears to use giant robot fists. You can kind of see them in the photo of it all together at the bottom, they're above the pool sign.

H1afEKr.jpg

The top roof above the kitchenette.

Xpcjx5g.jpg

The pool sign.

BgRLS0M.jpg

A little newspaper machine, with newspapers!

fEKpvGk.jpg

The leftover bits from part 4.

HomETh4.jpg

And that was it!

BVa7l7L.jpg

Yeah, it is pretty compact and there's a good deal of space at the back to build on (~6x32) if you were so inclined. I like it though, it's cute and inside the buildings there's just no wasted space at all, it's very efficient, and I find that really satisfying for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom