• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibro

I wonder if that would be a good starting point go collect Ninjago.

Are many of the sets that high of price? I took a quick peek almost everything seems to still be MSRP or lower ( in some cases real lower )

The only set I saw high was some exclusive set, I'm not to interested in.

neonglow

I wonder if that would be a good starting point go collect Ninjago.

Are many of the sets that high of price? I took a quick peek almost everything seems to still be MSRP or lower ( in some cases real lower )

The only set I saw high was some exclusive set, I'm not to interested in.

The only Ninjago sets that have shot up in price are the dragons and maybe a few nice buildings. All the vehicle sets are near MSRP.

5A7E01C3-F465-4998-9D5F-96866B426639.jpg

118735F6-A421-4F11-92E3-5C93392405DA.jpg

There were no vampire girls at the store. All in all, a very good haul for a first round.

wetwired

So it was a re-issue (or slight remix) of the Toy Shop after all. Looks like that lead from a suddenly-resurrected GRogall was a red herring.

Well, that saves me needing to pick up the WV set this year, but is great for all of you who never had the original, which is one of the best of the theme, and was originally a Jamie Berard design.

For those that have the original, here are the two models to compare:

2RRZF0r.jpg

hgCRY89.jpg

Having not bought any of them, I was gonna say, "looks like other ones they put out, boring" interested they did a re-release as they haven't done that for years, I wonder if it' because it's a seasonal? I'd like to see the train re-released

Having not bought any of them, I was gonna say, "looks like other ones they put out, boring" interested they did a re-release as they haven't done that for years, I wonder if it' because it's a seasonal? I'd like to see the train re-released
As far as thought process behind it goes, I'vethought of a couple different explanations:

Perhaps the wv line has blown up in sales so drastically that the number of toy shops put out is now only a small fraction of the wv customer base, so they expect to see solid returns even if nobody double-dips.

Perhaps the set needed barely any things put back into print to be possible. It's just the star that was super expensive on bricklink if I remember right. Maybe they decided they wanted that piece as a Christmas line regular for future years.

Maybe somebody in a position of power was governed by spite for scalpers.

Maybe there are smaller season sets that are more interesting than we expect to complement it.

Maybe their designers were busy with other things and they decided this made the most sense in manpower terms.

Toxi

Banned
I need to grab one of the spider vampires.

And one of the Frankensteins.

And one of the banshees.

And... Shit this is gonna become an addiction isn't it?

namtab37

Neo Member
I might want to buy a box of the series 14 figures too. Where is the best place to buy a box of 60? Can you buy one from any store?

Just finished the Helicarrier, and it is a lot more awesome at home than it was seeing it in the store. I remember seeing it in the display case at the LEGO store and being disappointed because it looked so small and kind of ugly for the price point, but after building it over the course of the last couple of nights, I was totally wrong to be down on this set.

The build gets a little tedious as you get to the turbines, but once that is done and all the small surface details start coming in it gets really cool again. I especially loved the tiny micro builds at the end. And the thing is so much bigger than I remembered as well. The trick was finding adequate space to actually build because it was taking up such a large chunk of the table.

Definitely a classy looking set, and lots of small posable elements for when on display (the micro vehicles and figures). While the surface is showing tons of studs, a large chunk of them can't really be covered without sacrificing the angles from all the wing plates that make up the build.

In the end, it is an awesome set, worthy of the UCS status, and a fantastic first entry for Marvel in the UCS tier. Having said that, it still isn't quite up to the level of sets like Ewok Village or the UCS R2.

They are finally building an official Lego store in Australia. It'll be the first Legoland Discovery Centre in the southern hemisphere.

How do they differ from a normal Lego Shop?

willp2003

I imagine it will be in the same review as the Caterham super 7 (really hope that gets made), the modular library, physics set, time adventures and lothlorien. Good luck with it.

wetwired

I don't like my chances to be honest

Cons:
  • Too big/too many pieces
  • Not as iconic as ectomobile
  • Included minifigs aren't "OMG I must have" like BTTF/Ectomobile

Things that may work in my favour though:
  • The ectomobile is popular
  • Ghostbusters reboot is out next year
  • Dimensions is keeping the IP (ghostbusters + LEGO) fresh

I don't like my chances to be honest

Cons:
  • Too big/too many piecesresh

• Ah, humble as always.

What's the minimum piece count you can reduce it too?

Cateram Super 7 is a thing of beauty but how many pieces is it?

Mod Library won't be approved. The Creator Modular are becoming more overelaborate with each new release and this doesn't follow the trend. Plus they won't approve something that their own designers can design an equivalent of.

Adventure time is an IP that i'm not familiar with. Is probably too obscure.

Physics is definitely an novel take. They tried to do something similar with the Portal project but couldn't get it running. I have not interest in it though, because I don't want to play with Lego in such a way.

The only other set which is approaching 10K and has a legit chance of getting made is Fossil Museum which ticks all the right boxes in my book.

Rootbeer

Banned
I wasn't aware of this, I've jumped on all the previous DC offerings like this for the minifig but the trickster does nothing for me, kinda wish it was reverse flash :/

Haha, it's not one of their best figures. At all. But... because of the Mark Hamil connection I really want it.

mark-hamill-trickster1.jpg

chidrock

No idea to be honest, I think the best chance it's got is bringing it down to roughly hulkbuster size.

For those who might be interested, I've finally put out the LDD file for Mulder's office, you can grab it here.

Thanks for posting those instructions - I guess I finally have something to force me to check out LDD lol.

As for your stay puft man - congrats on reaching 10,000! Hopefully they will do something with it. The Ecto has been a big hit and it looks like the dimensions game will have him in it, so hopefully they can do something with it. (maybe even throw in a slimer too?)

Osahi

Hopefully we get a blue X-Wing

Not sure we'll get that soon to be honest. I see no reason for Lego to have two X-wings available side by side, and the Dameron one is the hero vehicle. I like the blue ones from the trailer more than Damerons black one, but the color scheme is growing on me now I've seen the final box designs.

We might get a different colored X-Wing when Rogue One hits next year though, as I expect the hero of that film wil pilot one too.

Anyway, I'll probably jump on the black X. I've decided that september will be Wall-E, Rey's Speeder and the Falcon. If I didn't have my Portuguese lessons tuition to pay (180 euro's, damn government cutbacks that made this over double the price of last years courses, which only costed me 80 euros), I would grab the Tie and X too. Now they will have to wait until october and november. Buying one each month, except when I should have a lucky financial break or something.

chidrock

i see some cases in that price range but all say ship in october.... uggghh.

I've never ordered a whole box of CMFs before but I am tempted to on this one because I know I could use a couple of sets for my family. I'm kind of iffy about having to wait until October too.

I'd go and grab them in the store, but I was wondering if this series was going to have a higher demand.

Rootbeer

Banned
So basically fraud? Believe me, the thought has entered my brain to return stuff like that before, but in the end I know it is technically fraud.

I've wondered why some lego stores receive such odd returns sometimes and this could be why it happens. Or at least a big part of it.

We have entire threads here on GAF devoted to exploiting pricing exploits on any item under the sun, new ones on a nearly weekly basis. People will find these kinds of loopholes in whatever way they manifest.

I've wondered why some lego stores receive such odd returns sometimes and this could be why it happens. Or at least a big part of it.

We have entire threads here on GAF devoted to exploiting pricing exploits on any item under the sun, new ones on a nearly weekly basis. People will find these kinds of loopholes in whatever way they manifest.

Yup. I remember one talking about exploiting a Target pricing error on Xbox Live cards that eventually broke down into "Lie to the clerk and then get a manager to get this deal since they fixed it."

There is taking advantage of an actual error, such as "Oops, this was the wrong price in the ad." Then there is, "Harass the employee and do whatever it takes to get it at this price."

Rootbeer

Banned
Found the new minifigs. Store refused to sell to me. Tried everything I could including asking a second employee. Really bullshit how some Targets just put it on the shelf and sell with zero issue and another is unyielding and wouldn't even open the box to scan them which would proove there is no hard sell date.

Also, it's over the line now but I couldn't help but grab a pic of this...

9999.JPG

Congrats!
It has reached 10k
Even if it doesn't get made, you have entered 3 projects that achieved review status! One of them was made into an actual set. That's a lot of achievements unlocked.

I've never ordered a whole box of CMFs before but I am tempted to on this one because I know I could use a couple of sets for my family. I'm kind of iffy about having to wait until October too.

I'd go and grab them in the store, but I was wondering if this series was going to have a higher demand.

Only place I've bought a whole set was from Amazon France. Even with shipping it was cheaper. Only thing is there's no rhyme or reason when they are available to ship overseas or not.

As long as you buy early, you don't have any worries of missing out on this series.
My money is on this series being massively popular. I've seen a lot of comments on how people who don't buy all of a series want all of them, people not typically interested in CMFs wanting to buy some from this series, people that want a lot of multiples (phonciplebone wants 100's - but obviously won't get that much).

Does anyone have Ribba display solutions for Martin's book and Santa's Little Helper, other than this ugly one? I would've put the dog next to my Snowball II but he doesn't fit:

First off, that background is AMAZING! Why didn't i think of that?

Hmmm what IS this "ugly solution" you speak off? Not including the book and the dog at ALL or is it just that i don't spot them somehow and they're in there?

If they're not in, did you try putting the dog sideways?
For the book, how about putting Martin on the back stud and the book closed up in the front? Or maybe he won't exactly fit then since the head may collide with the back wall since you can't bend small figs?

peely

Neo Member
Just seen that Ninjago temple and it looks so good. Pricey though, might have to do some overtime this weekend ;)

Going to have to get the Winter Village set too. Need more storage space ...

I was wondering why the seller of the Milano hadn't shipped yet. I looked at the Paypal receipt, and it turns out I spelled the damn address wrong! Good thing there wasn't someone else with the address to claim it though.

I swear, I'm not meant to have this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom