• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishlake

I like the colors of the Nexo Knights but the set designs themselves are...ehhhh. I want to wait and see, maybe the actual set pictures will look better.

I agree the colors and emblems are nice to have. I feel Nexo knights has an identity crises. Vehicles like Chima and Ninjago? Is this really necessary I would have preferred them be moving buildings like the castle. Meh I'll collect all the Bionicles and Star Wars Buildable Figures for now and pick up any of the Nexo sets that appeal to me.

I'm just going to start putting some links here...

http://m.imgur.com/a/pB4Tr

http://m.imgur.com/a/15zTE

OK, I just moved to the other side of the fence of not wanting the minifigs that much based on those photos. I do like a lot of unique parts so I hope we see a lot of those sets on deep clearance or they the parts I'm interested in aren't too expensive on Bricklink.

I like the red guys with mohawks. I hope the torso print and head is plain enough that I can make them into little red Hulks. I probably will still go for some of the minifig knights (hopefully cheaply on Bricklink)...will wait to see better photos.

Burger joint looks awesome!

It definitely is way better than the last Creator Modular Jr. gateway to Modular set.

The Creator animal set is going strong still. Those new small ball joint parts definitely were a big game changer that LEGO needed. They give LEGO a much needed articulation at a smaller scale. You can see they made a lot of use of them in the Park Animal set.

Amiibro

5B4lpUz.png

So is this lineup for boys or girls?

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm always intrigued anytime LEGO introduces an all-new theme or brings back a dormant one, and I look forward to letting Nexo make me a believer... but first impressions are not very good. Feels weaker than Chima.

Something about it feels very retro (color scheme is a big part of it), but also... just sort of bland. Looking forward to seeing more though.

Trying not to judge it for not being the Steampunk we all wanted.

So is this lineup for boys or girls?

I can't tell who they are marketing it towards. More evidence is required!

ghostmind

I feel that I can safely ignore Nexo Knights, just as I did Chima.

However, this new IP is a BIG deal to LEGO, and these sets are just the tip of the iceberg.

wetwired

Have you guys seen these Minifig Anatomies?

Micro_Anatomic_Front.JPG

They went online for sale yesterday, I got a set of all 3, USD$20 plus postage. I'm not sure if I'll keep all 3 or just one but I figured I'll decide which ones are best when they show up.

They look to be slightly under double minifig height from what I can tell.

Apparently they're a limited run, I stayed up to midnight last night to order mine when they came online but there still seems to be plenty of stock now.

Have you guys seen these Minifig Anatomies?

Micro_Anatomic_Front.JPG

They went online for sale yesterday, I got a set of all 3, USD$20 plus postage. I'm not sure if I'll keep all 3 or just one but I figured I'll decide which ones are best when they show up.

They look to be slightly under double minifig height from what I can tell.

Apparently they're a limited run, I stayed up to midnight last night to order mine when they came online but there still seems to be plenty of stock now.

It may be limited production, but I think they may have planned on a good number to be made. Curious why they don't list the # of the limited run. They often list quantities of limited runs of art reproduced by lithograph.

I wonder if they will ever have a minifig sized one.
To clarify to others, it's USD $20 for each so if you get a set of all 3 it's $60.
Shipping is very expensive. Costs about $8 shipping per each one.
I was able to rationalize buying one for close to $30 for a limited production run of LEGO art. Heck, I've paid over $20 for a custom minifig.

I ordered one, the original version.

11906208_994712713919963_1689514385_n_large.jpg

Is it just me or is the grey/silver Nexo knight character the same dude from the CMF line? I think CMF 9 or 10.

The Heroic Knight is CMF series 9.

Not much similarity beyond color. I do see the visor mould being used for the little robo-knights. The visor mould was used prior to Heroic Knight. The grey/silver Nexo knight seems like he may be using a new visor mould (at the very least a different visor).

compared to

http://imgur.com/gallery/EUDIqVA

Looking at the photos again, I probably will want those shield and armor pieces. They look like they double as a flying surfboard/glider.

wetwired

It may be limited production, but I think they may have planned on a good number to be made. Curious why they don't list the # of the limited run. They often list quantities of limited runs of art reproduced by lithograph.

I wonder if they will ever have a minifig sized one.
To clarify to others, it's USD $20 for each so if you get a set of all 3 it's $60.
Shipping is very expensive. Costs about $8 shipping per each one.
I was able to rationalize buying one for close to $30 for a limited production run of LEGO art. Heck, I've paid over $20 for a custom minifig.

I ordered one, the original version.

11906208_994712713919963_1689514385_n_large.jpg

I couldn't decide which to get so I got the 3 pack. USD$17 postage for 3. I figure if I decide to just keep one of them I'll surely find someone local to take the others off my hands

Osahi

Not a fan of Nexo Knights, but never really thought I would. I'm never really fond of Lego's IP's, and am more into it for the Expert Series and Star Wars (and possibly other licenses)

I do like the classic feel it has though, thanks to the color scheme. But this is a series I can easily skip.

Really not liking the new look of the 2016 bionicle sets based on those blurry leaks. I probably wont get many of them. Hopefully seeing higher quality pictures will change my mind. If theres star wars buildable figures next year on the level of grevious and Darth Vader I might just stick to that for my constraction fix.

Alternate way to buy LEGO parts directly from LEGO.

Bricks & Pieces.

For the most part it's cheaper to get them from Bricklink, but there may be cases where it may be better to get them from LEGO and pay 1 shipping cost.

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-brick-n-pieces-alternative-to-pick-a-brick/

EDIT: Looks like a good way to get plain minifig heads in bulk especially in unusual colors. Useful for people making custom minfigs.
Wetwired.
Enter 3626 for element ID number.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Had some time today, and wanted to make something with my brown/grey/black/gold pieces. Aka the steampunk colors.

I also saw Mad Max FR last week, that may have also been an influence...

Kinda wish the Nexo Knights sets were something like this. As it is I'll probably pass on them.

Kitsuné;179432773 said:
Had some time today, and wanted to make something with my brown/grey/black/gold pieces. Aka the steampunk colors.

I also saw Mad Max FR last week, that may have also been an influence...

Kinda wish the Nexo Knights sets were something like this. As it is I'll probably pass on them.
Shiny and chrome.

Really not liking the new look of the 2016 bionicle sets based on those blurry leaks. I probably wont get many of them. Hopefully seeing higher quality pictures will change my mind. If theres star wars buildable figures next year on the level of grevious and Darth Vader I might just stick to that for my constraction fix.

The more I've been seeing how the builds are my complaints are subsiding. The real kicker though will be the masks though.

The animal companions seem to have unique heads but it's hard to say.

I think the LEGO Super Heroes lines really cannibalized any sales potential for Ultra Agents. I probably would've bought Ultra Agents if I wasn't spending my money on Super Heroes.

Toxi

Banned
Looking at the Bionicle leaks, Tahu looks great. So does Onua. I'm not sure if their masks are blending into translucent grey or silver, but it looks okay.

Looks like we're seeing another small enemy similar to the Skull Spiders.

71242 GB 1
71243 HP 1
71244 S1
71245 AT 1
71246 AT 2
71247 HP 2
71248 MI
71249 AT 3
71250 GB 2
71251 Mr T
71252 KR
71253 FB 1
71254 TTG 1
71255 TTG 2
71256 GR 1
71257 FB 2
71258 ET 1

Anyone wanna have a go at guessing what these mean?

GB - Ghostbusters, likely based off the new movie
HP - Harry Potter (honestly amazed this wasn't in Ver 1 but hey gotta save something for V2)
AT - Adventure Time (FINALLY, no idea what the fuck has taken Lego/CN so long)
Mr T - Honestly no idea, can't... really be Mister T could it?
KR - Knight Rider, more 80s goodness to go with Ecto 1 and BTTF DeLorean
FB - No idea... Fire Brigade? Something to represent City... or something out of left field like Wizard of Oz and Portal?
TTG - Wanna say Tell Tale Games, like the rando Atari kid in Ver 1, but I don't... know what they could include from it. OMFG Sam and Max!?!!
GR - Immediately thought Ghost Rider. Would be the best way to make him since he's not gonna be in the MCU any time soon and there's not really any space or reason to put him in a Super Heroes set
ET - Like Wizard of Oz I bet this one is literally ET

Some stuff I assume is missing and will be in future waves: Nexo Knights, more Marvel stuff, DC stuff, maybe even Star Wars? I am also still in serious denial that we're ONLY getting the stupid Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz, and unless they make a set or full theme they had better make the other characters, so help me.

Edit: Just wanna clarify I have no inside scoop on these and I'm just guessing. I DO know that Lego and CN have had talks about Adventure Time stuff before, though for reasons I cannot comprehend nothing has ever come of it. Seems like one of the biggest wastes of potential ever, given the imaginative nature of the show and the unlimited replayability of Lego.

Belle is getting a lego set... Will need to buy for partner. She loves that film.

Just built up Wall-E last night. Nice set the head is annoying so will need to look back on this thread for the fix (surprised no one at lego realise this before it was released).

Of all the Ideas stuff I have bought its above Back to The Future but well below the Ecto 1. I like my sets for display but my nephew likes to play with them and the Ghost Busters set is the only one he can play with without breaking (and the figures can sit in the car unlike the delorean).

Benny's Space Ship Space Ship is still St the local toys r us here... May get it next month

Just saw BrickFan's speculation that the FB Dimensions sets could be Fantastic Beasts, AKA the new Harry Potter spinoff movie coming out next year. I'd say that's a pretty safe bet!

They also say AT could be A-Team (to go along with the Mr T set) but that just seems.. soooo weird. Like why? BTTF and Ghostbusters had anniversaries so they at least make sense. Even though I joked KR would be Knight Rider it seems almost TOO out of left field to have AT be A-Team.

Plus that'd continue the wait for loooooong overdue Adventure Time Lego. ):

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I for one would much prefer an Adventures of Tintin set. Tintin LEGO would be so amazing.

But yeah, Adventure Time makes the most sense. Should be pretty cool as well :)

3N16MA

Banned
Just saw BrickFan's speculation that the FB Dimensions sets could be Fantastic Beasts, AKA the new Harry Potter spinoff movie coming out next year. I'd say that's a pretty safe bet!

They also say AT could be A-Team (to go along with the Mr T set) but that just seems.. soooo weird. Like why? BTTF and Ghostbusters had anniversaries so they at least make sense. Even though I joked KR would be Knight Rider it seems almost TOO out of left field to have AT be A-Team.

Plus that'd continue the wait for loooooong overdue Adventure Time Lego. ):

bEf3Vi7.jpg

This is currently in review. The 2nd Adventure time project to make it to the review stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom