• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adventure Time does literally nothing for me. I must have missed it completely and I don't care. Tintin, on the other hand, would be awesome and very well suited to Lego's audience. But it doesn't have the online nerd cred to drive an Ideas campaign, and it may be more of a European thing rather than worldwide.

Then again - BBT? Doctor Who?

I'd be more interested if it were actual Adventure Time minifigs in a set, maybe not unlike that Big Bang Theory set or something

edit: Siegfried: did you actually watch AT though? I was lukewarm at first on it but after watching the first season i was hooked.

I really hope the Caterham Super Seven makes it. Just look at those engines. i also love how the body is shaped to get that angle. So good.gif

1699508-o_1988ujtu12s5vs814lkrl91c9i7-full.JPG

Toxi

Banned
I really don't get the Adventure Time suggestions. They always seem to be really crude and fragile brick-built characters instead of interesting locations, and they don't seem like the sort of thing that would appeal to kid fans of the show.

I'd prefer something like the Candy Palace or one of the show's many dungeons.
I really hope the Caterham Super Seven makes it. Just look at those engines. i also love how the body is shaped to get that angle. So good.gif

1699508-o_1988ujtu12s5vs814lkrl91c9i7-full.JPG
Me too, it's gorgeous.

Alright... after seeing the Bionicle 2016 leaks today in clear readable pictures, my fears are gone. Looking forward to it.

Also, sounds like it is getting a Netflix series as well 0_0 yess!

3N16MA

Banned
I don't watch Adventure Time so it doesn't appeal to me. However it seems to get a good amount of support when a set hits Ideas.

Toxi

Banned
Alright... after seeing the Bionicle 2016 leaks today in clear readable pictures, my fears are gone. Looking forward to it.

Also, sounds like it is getting a Netflix series as well 0_0 yess!
SWEET

The new leaks definitely improved my opinion too, though I do think LEGO's overusing silver on them (Probably to homage the Toa Nuva).

Really mixed on the the new bionicles after seeing the clearer pictures. Probably wont get any of them besides kopaka and Lewa. Kopaka (the combiner, at least) looks great, probably even better than his 2015 incarnation. I really like the new torso and leg pieces. Lewa looks decent. The whole 'grey' thing on the masks for the rest of them looks really bad. Especially Tahu. Honestly tahu would look good if he didnt have that grey crap on his head. Gali, just looks bad. Pohatu looks okay. The trans yellow being so prominent doesn't work. Onua is mediocre. Don't like how his whole body is gold and I'm not a fan of the skeleton rib shoulder pieces. They look like wings or something. Seems like the variety in weapons has goone way down as well in favor of new armor. Are Tahu, Gali, Lewa, and Pohatu all using the same weapon mold? If not they're really similar. Not a fan of the mask designs.

Anyone notice the gear on the back of their butt? Maybe there's a running function like 01 pohatu? Not sure how that would fit.

Really mixed on the the new bionicles after seeing the clearer pictures. Probably wont get any of them besides kopaka and Lewa. Kopaka (the combiner, at least) looks great, probably even better than his 2015 incarnation. I really like the new torso and leg pieces. Lewa looks decent. The whole 'grey' thing on the masks for the rest of them looks really bad. Especially Tahu. , Gali, and Onua just look bad. Pohatu looks okay. The trans yellow being so prominent doesn't work. Seems like the variety in weapons has goone way down as well. Are Tahu, Gali, Lewa, and Pohatu all using the same weapon mold? If not they're really similar. Not a fan of the mask designs.

Anyone notice the gear on the back of their butt? Maybe there's a running function like 01 pohatu? Not sure how that would fit.

One thing to note is that the animal companion masks combine with the Toa masks to be shaped similar to protector style masks.

I think the colors are good. I'm just glad the masks still have traces of the original masks. My biggest gripe with most of the older Bionicle masks was Tat from year to year some characters looked very very different from their original design. While great, I felt like they lost their personality.

Honestly I think Pohatu is looking great (love the trans green n silver on him). Gali is the biggest 'Meh' for me, though I never liked Gali as a character much at all. Lewa is looking great as well.

I think the biggest thing I don't like about the new masks is the 'spikey hair' motif. Looks like Lisa from the Simpsons. Onuas mask looks the best. I might have to do the combiner forms of them just to cover that up lol.

I could see myself liking pohatu. Might get him as well as kopaka and lewa. Rest I'm just not sure at all about right now. Only one I know I'm not getting for sure is gali.

I'd be more interested if it were actual Adventure Time minifigs in a set, maybe not unlike that Big Bang Theory set or something

edit: Siegfried: did you actually watch AT though? I was lukewarm at first on it but after watching the first season i was hooked.

No, I haven't had an opportunity or reason. I really, really dislike the artstyle though so I would need to overcome that to even start.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, if there is an official LEGO Adventure Time set I will lose my fucking mind.

Haha, this :D I can't decide if I'd like a playset or those character builds more, both ideas are great.

ghostmind

Wow. Definitely on board for this.

Still no info on the 3 Creator Expert sets?

Actually four of them - 10251, 10252, 10253, and 10254.

One will be the next modular, and one I am betting will be the next fairground entry, and another will be the next Winter Village set.

75144 UCS Snowspeeder $199

New UCS Death Star in 2016.

DarthVaderwithTarkin-ANH-790x337.png

This will be a day long remembered. UCS Snowspeeder is probably tied with the UCS Y-Wing for the Star Wars set I want redesigned the second most.
UCS Star Destroyer is tied with Falcon for my most wanted UCS redesign.

On a different note, does anyone know if I order a remote control can I use variable speeds with the M-Motor? I know the train motors are variable, but I am not sure about the standard M-Motors like you put on the Ferris Wheel or Fairground Mixer.

Jimbro72

So this Death Star has to maybe be a remake of the Death Star II set from like a decade ago and not a remake of the one that was still currently available this year, right? Seems incredible quick to put out a remake of that set already.

So this Death Star has to maybe be a remake of the Death Star II set from like a decade ago and not a remake of the one that was still currently available this year, right? Seems incredible quick to put out a remake of that set already.

Maybe its for the rouge one movie coming out next year? That has the death star in it

Amiibro

Thinking about ordering Santas Workshop. Should I wait for the next free offer? I don't even want the tractor that shipped with my Christmas Toy set. Also I noticed I won't get free shipping on the Workshop either.

Im wondering if I wait for the next set (train?) this set will be gone before then. I'd like to buy it on Oct 3rd when I get paid again but I don't wanna miss out.

Tendo

New into legos and have spent way too much on Star Wars sets in the last few days. I have UCS Slave 1 on its way, but am worried what will retire next. It seems that red-5 and the tie fighter are still available for 200 most places, any idea what retires next? I got Poe's x-wing for the new flick but the red five set looks beautiful. The Tie fighter though, not sure if that is worth 200.

Still working on the Falcon for the new movie. So fun seeing progress day by day!

New into legos and have spent way too much on Star Wars sets in the last few days. I have UCS Slave 1 on its way, but am worried what will retire next. It seems that red-5 and the tie fighter are still available for 200 most places, any idea what retires next? I got Poe's x-wing for the new flick but the red five set looks beautiful. The Tie fighter though, not sure if that is worth 200.

Still working on the Falcon for the new movie. So fun seeing progress day by day!

Red Five and Ewok Village will be next on the chopping block most likely. After that would be Sandcrawler. You have another year or more on the TIE. The TIE does look magnificent when done though, but I am biased towards the classic TIE design.

And welcome to the thread. We are a friendly, enabling lot.

Tendo

Red Five and Ewok Village will be next on the chopping block most likely. After that would be Sandcrawler. You have another year or more on the TIE. The TIE does look magnificent when done though, but I am biased towards the classic TIE design.

And welcome to the thread. We are a friendly, enabling lot.

If you saw my amazon orders lately you would see I don't really need enabled. I do it well enough myself.

Although Now i'm sitting here with red 5 and sandcrawler in my cart...

If you saw my amazon orders lately you would see I don't really need enabled. I do it well enough myself.

Although Now i'm sitting here with red 5 and sandcrawler in my cart...

Wait for October 1st and order from LEGO. That way you get double VIP points, and if you wait for the 14th you will get the exclusive holiday train.

About 30 minutes ago after I found this thread. Wish I had known that when I ordered a few sets last week but eh, live and learn.

While most sets can be found for a discount if you search enough, the biggest and best are available on LEGO first, and usually two weeks early for VIPs.

Most of the time I buy regular sets locally and shop for deals, but when it comes to the LEGO exclusives and big sets, I order direct from them to get them early and get the VIP points. It sure felt good getting Slave 1 for about half price earlier this year after cashing in the points.

R-User!

Make it like Haunted House. Full detailed exterior, then it swings open to reveal the play set.

You totally got me drooling at the thought of a UCS Technodrome!!! Not gonna happen though... :/

I just visualized the Technodrome doll-housing, and I was like "Gee bowass, whenawe gonna smash dem toytles?!"

Shame the turtles line didn't live up to its potential. No neutrinos!? o_O

You totally got me drooling at the thought of a UCS Technodrome!!! Not gonna happen though... :/

I just visualized the Technodrome doll-housing, and I was like "Gee bowass, whenawe gonna smash dem toytles?!"

Shame the turtles line didn't live up to its potential. No neutrinos!? o_O
Pffft. I want Man Ray.

Fowler

Is the snowspeeder an additional set... or does it replace Echo Base?

I remember a couple of years ago we thought we were getting some X-Wing/Death Star Trench set, when it was "just" the UCS Red Five X-Wing. Which was a super cool set! But also something we'd had before.

Just wondering if the UCS Snowspeeder and Echo Base rumours somehow got muddled.

So I've just finished the new Falcon. Great build, love the aesthetics yadda yadda etc.

I have a single sticker left over.

I've gone through the instructions 10 times and don't see it anywhere. Has anybody else built this yet? Where does sticker #5 go?

Osahi

So I've just finished the new Falcon. Great build, love the aesthetics yadda yadda etc.

I have a single sticker left over.

I've gone through the instructions 10 times and don't see it anywhere. Has anybody else built this yet? Where does sticker #5 go?

It's at step 72. You stick it on a slope brick on the middle horizontal 'corridor' segment (the one with the circles to the side, and the only top pieces you can't lift). You can even see the sticker on the box, directly to the right of the antenna :)

I missed it myself too. You have to apply it in the next step after you place the brick in question, and at that time you are building at the other side of the ship. The sticker symbol is tucked away in the right corner below. Only noticed a few steps further there was a brick with a sticker on the drawing, so I went back to see where I missed it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom