• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a delivery today

EttT9kw.jpg

Yay! The LEGO fairy visits another house!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So. Do I want the Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty or the Cargo Train? They're both on sale on Amazon, but will they get a further discount in the near future? Hmmmm

So. Do I want the Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty or the Cargo Train? They're both on sale on Amazon, but will they get a further discount in the near future? Hmmmm
Train gives you train parts and power functions. Ninjago set gives you better figures and a potentially better build. I haven't built either, so can't vouch for the build.

Do you MOC? If so, cargo train will probably be more valuable for parts down the line.

Kipp

Train gives you train parts and power functions. Ninjago set gives you better figures and a potentially better build. I haven't built either, so can't vouch for the build.

Do you MOC? If so, cargo train will probably be more valuable for parts down the line.

Yeah, those are the same arguments I have in my head at the moment. Haha
And no, I don't MOC. At the moment at least. When I have more space to sort my pieces and leave my pieces out (rather than having them in bins in the attic), I'll probably start MOCing.

And along the same lines, I don't have room for a full train setup at the moment either, but that's something I definitely want when I have more room.

Yeah, those are the same arguments I have in my head at the moment. Haha
And no, I don't MOC. At the moment at least. When I have more space to sort my pieces and leave my pieces out (rather than having them in bins in the attic), I'll probably start MOCing.

And along the same lines, I don't have room for a full train setup at the moment either, but that's something I definitely want when I have more room.
Just a circular track takes up a ton of room. Just look at how much Constitution Train took up.

Knowing this, perhaps Destiny's Bounty is your best bet. Besides, ninjas!

Also 6% vs 16%, and the Cargo train is 1 year older.

For me the parts in the Ninjago set would be more useful but I'm a beginner and don't know how to use power functions.

ghostmind

I've got the Cargo Train and the original Destiny's Bounty. The price per piece is far better on the Bounty, but if you want to start setting up a train environment, the Cargo Train gives you all the basics. However, you are going to need a lot of space to get the most out of a train.

Kipp

Just a circular track takes up a ton of room. Just look at how much Constitution Train took up.

Knowing this, perhaps Destiny's Bounty is your best bet. Besides, ninjas!

Also 6% vs 16%, and the Cargo train is 1 year older.

For me the parts in the Ninjago set would be more useful but I'm a beginner and don't know how to use power functions.

I've got the Cargo Train and the original Destiny's Bounty. The price per piece is far better on the Bounty, but if you want to start setting up a train environment, the Cargo Train gives you all the basics. However, you are going to need a lot of space to get the most out of a train.

All very good points indeed. I'll have to give this a bit of thought.
In the end, I plan to buy both anyways, it's just which I buy first. Haha

Ryuuroden

Arrrgh, panic attack, just got my first convention emails for next year. I am no where near complete on the airship. Really its like I've barely started. Honestly have no idea if I will actually finish it in time for Brickworld Chicago. I'll have upgraded Orthanc ready for Brickworld Indy at least.....probably.

I will say this, I am really really proud of what I have done on my airship so far. The build techniques I am using I have never seen used in this method or on this scale or at all so if and when it gets done I will have a new magnum opus. One that will be a single piece in a large number of pieces to create a brand new theme of my own that I will work on for the next 10+ years adding to, lol.

One turbofan propulsion unit for the airship when set on its face next to my Metalbeard's Sea Cow, matches it in total height and contains several thousand bricks. I only have 1 unit almost done so far and I have to build eight. 6 of them will be smaller than this one but one will be almost twice the size.....yay for being insane when it comes to building big.....

I have used so much dark bley, pearl gold and metallic silver, its not even funny.

Arrrgh, panic attack, just got my first convention emails for next year. I am no where near complete on the airship. Really its like I've barely started. Honestly have no idea if I will actually finish it in time for Brickworld Chicago. I'll have upgraded Orthanc ready for Brickworld Indy at least.....probably.

I will say this, I am really really proud of what I have done on my airship so far. The build techniques I am using I have never seen used in this method or on this scale or at all so if and when it gets done I will have a new magnum opus. One that will be a single piece in a large number of pieces to create a brand new theme of my own that I will work on for the next 10+ years adding to, lol.

One turbofan propulsion unit for the airship when set on its face next to my Metalbeard's Sea Cow, matches it in total height and contains several thousand bricks. I only have 1 unit almost done so far and I have to build eight. 6 of them will be smaller than this one but one will be almost twice the size.....yay for being insane when it comes to building big.....

I have used so much dark bley, pearl gold and metallic silver, its not even funny.

Just be sure to give us a heads-up before you clear out Bricklink's inventory on a particular part. Looking forward to seeing the progress pics!

Ponn

Banned

Alas, this was the last sane post from Ryuuroden we received. The rest of his posts slowly fell into delusional ramblings of conspiracy theories and shadow syndicates sucking his brain out through Lego pieces. Finally he was committed to an asylum for the insane screaming only one phrase over and over. "No Illegal connections!"

Kipp

Oh my.

I'm so excited to see the finished product! (Or even progress pics!)

Jesus.

The build techniques I am using I have never seen used in this method or on this scale or at all so if and when it gets done I will have a new magnum opus. One that will be a single piece in a large number of pieces to create a brand new theme of my own that I will work on for the next 10+ years adding to, lol.
Lol, I can't wait to see what you are talking about. I love how much passion you have for this.

Anyway, no magnum opus or declaration of a new life path in MOCing, but I was trying to make a walkway bridge with a ladder piece and ended up using 1x2 plates with clip on top, and 2x2 inverted flat pieces and it slid nicely into a very gradual staircase. The same effect probably could have been made more simply, since the raise in each step is about a plate, but I used it cuz it was a happy accident moment. I didn't have enough clip pieces to make it longer so had to settle for 2 ladders worth.

I think the blue floor is new since I updated last, and I added some detail to the werewolf cage with parts from the new gingerbread house.

teeny

I am very excited to see this! The scale sounds insane.

Anyway, no magnum opus or declaration of a new life path in MOCing, but I was trying to make a walkway bridge with a ladder piece and ended up using 1x2 plates with clip on top, and 2x2 inverted flat pieces and it slid nicely into a very gradual staircase. The same effect probably could have been made more simply, since the raise in each step is about a plate, but I used it cuz it was a happy accident moment. I didn't have enough clip pieces to make it longer so had to settle for 2 ladders worth.

I think the blue floor is new since I updated last, and I added some detail to the werewolf cage with parts from the new gingerbread house.

This is also amazing, I wish I had the ability/talent to create what I see in my head. I guess I need to start small, though it does not help that I don't have a massive selection of parts to begin with :p

Built the Deathstroke set. The little hovercraft (Or whatever you can call it) is a little nice but nothing too spectacular. Mainly got it for the Deathstroke minifig which looks awesome by the way.

R-User!

Too insane to process.

Ravek

Banned

I don't envy your problem, but it sounds like a fantastic problem to have.

teeny

I am getting really hyped for Star Wars as Thursday approaches. I nearly picked up a bunch of Disney Infinity 3.0 figures despite not having the game. I managed to stop myself - I don't have the time nor the space nor the funds to plough into another collectable.

Saying that, do we know if it is impossible for Star Wars to come to Lego Dimensions sometime next year (or beyond)? I'm thinking of picking the game up in the New Year. I don't really want to pick up any other toys-to-life games.

I am getting really hyped for Star Wars as Thursday approaches. I nearly picked up a bunch of Disney Infinity 3.0 figures despite not having the game. I managed to stop myself - I don't have the time nor the space nor the funds to plough into another collectable.

Saying that, do we know if it is impossible for Star Wars to come to Lego Dimensions sometime next year (or beyond)? I'm thinking of picking the game up in the New Year. I don't really want to pick up any other toys-to-life games.

I was wondering that as well, it sure would be a HUGE addition to the game if so...

I also haven't picked it up yet but i am now kinda scared, will those 1st round level packs etc. go OOP like regular Lego sets do after a while or is this different?

teeny

I was wondering that as well, it sure would be a HUGE addition to the game if so...

I also haven't picked it up yet but i am now kinda scared, will those 1st round level packs etc. go OOP like regular Lego sets do after a while or is this different?

I just need more Star Wars, especially in video game form :p

I imagine they will go OOP at some point, there is only so much shelf space - I guess they will need to free it up for future waves. We have Ghostbusters and Midway Arcade early next year - I wonder what's coming after that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just need more Star Wars, especially in video game form :p

I imagine they will go OOP at some point, there is only so much shelf space - I guess they will need to free it up for future waves. We have Ghostbusters and Midway Arcade early next year - I wonder what's coming after that.

The game had a secret Flintstones area, so it could be that.

They probably will follow Skylanders and Infinity model of repackage some of the characters for 2.0. If you are in the US with Best Buy gamer club, they are having a sale and the discount stack so a level pack come out to $19

teeny

They probably will follow Skylanders and Infinity model of repackage some of the characters for 2.0. If you are in the US with Best Buy gamer club, they are having a sale and the discount stack so a level pack come out to $19

I was under the impression they were not going to follow that model - that there would not be a 2.0, 3.0 etc.?

Also, I need a deal like that to hit the UK :p

Lol, I can't wait to see what you are talking about. I love how much passion you have for this.

Dat murder room.

Built the Deathstroke set. The little hovercraft (Or whatever you can call it) is a little nice but nothing too spectacular. Mainly got it for the Deathstroke minifig which looks awesome by the way.

I'm pretty sure that's why most AFOLs and TFOLs buy it. That and maybe to get 4 of those black rafts. I thought there were only 2 then was surprised when it uses 4 of them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I had forgotten about that, Flintstones and Jetsons would be cool! I grew up with Hanna-Barbera as part of a staple diet :)

Both of these wouldn't surprise me in the least what with the Hanna-Barber rights. Not sure how well they'd sell to today's younger audience, though.

Both of these wouldn't surprise me in the least what with the Hanna-Barber rights. Not sure how well they'd sell to today's younger audience, though.

Probably the same way they sell the Simpsons sets - not to a younger audience. I could see them doing just single $200 releases (Flintstone's house, Jetson's house, etc) with a wave of Hannah-Barbara blind bags to flesh things out. They could do a Wacky Racers line for younger audiences, too.

MjFrancis

Z2QRUOV.jpg

1. 70751 Temple of Airjtizu

A set has to be something special to knock off the newest modular from the top spot in my list, and the Temple of Airjitzu is one of those rare sets (like the Haunted House), which comes out of knowhere and takes over. First, and foremost, the Temple was FUN to build - I caught myself smiling on several occassions while putting this together - it never got monotonous, and it kept me wanting to keep building to the end. This set includes a great minifigure assortment, especially for fans of the TV show, with a new minifigure for Dareth, and the first minifigs for Misako and the Postman. This set is a great build, a great display model, a great playset, and the best that modern LEGO has to offer.
I don't keep up with LEGO releases enough and if it weren't for this thread I wouldn't have known this set even existed. Very happy to hear the positive reception surrounding this set. I've never watched a lick of the tv show but the sets have been fun to put together, I look forward to getting this one in soon.

Probably the same way they sell the Simpsons sets - not to a younger audience. I could see them doing just single $200 releases (Flintstone's house, Jetson's house, etc) with a wave of Hannah-Barbara blind bags to flesh things out. They could do a Wacky Racers line for younger audiences, too.

Where do i need to sign to get those houses? OMG, i can't even begin to imagine the glory of a full fledged Jetsons House...

ghostmind

Coming to S@H and LEGO Stores January 1st:

Architecture
21026 Venice ($29.99)
21027 Berlin ($29.99)
21028 New York City ($59.99)
21031 Burj Khalifa ($39.99)

Bionicle
71300 Uxar Creature of Jungle ($9.99)
71301 Ketar Creature of Stone ($9.99)
71302 Akida Creature of Water ($9.99)
71303 Ikir Creature of Fire ($9.99)
71304 Terak Creature of Earth ($9.99)
71305 Lewa Uniter of Jungle ($14.99)
71306 Pohatu Uniter of Stone ($14.99)
71307 Gali Uniter of Water ($14.99)
71308 Tahu Uniter of Fire ($19.99)
71309 Onua Uniter of Earth ($19.99)
71310 Umarak the Hunter ($19.99)
71311 Kopaka and Melum - Unity set ($24.99)

CITY
60107 Fire Ladder Truck ($24.99)
60108 Fire Response Unit ($39.99)
60109 Fire Boat ($79.99)
60110 Fire Station ($99.99)
60111 Fire Utility Truck ($39.99)
60112 Fire Engine ($49.99)
60117 Van & Caravan ($19.99)
60119 Ferry ($29.99)
60129 Police Patrol Boat ($49.99)
60130 Prison Island ($89.99)
60131 Crooks Island ($29.99)

Creator
31047 Propeller Plane ($19.99)
31048 Lakeside Lodge ($29.99)
31050 Corner Deli ($39.99)

Creator Expert
10251 Brick Bank ($169.99)

DC Comics Superheroes
76044 Clash of Heroes ($14.99)
76045 Kryptonite Interception ($29.99)
76046 Heroes of Justice: Sky High Battle ($69.99)

Disney Princess
41069 Treasure's Day at the Pool ($5.99)
41140 Daisy's Beauty Salon ($9.99)
41141 Pumpkin's Royal Carriage ($9.99)
41142 Palace Pets Royal Castle ($19.99)

Friends
41110 Birthday Party ($19.99)
41111 Party Train ($9.99)
41112 Party Cakes ($4.99)
41113 Party Gift Shop ($4.99)
41114 Party Styling ($4.99)
41115 Emma's Creative Workshop ($9.99)
41116 Olivia's Exploration Car ($14.99)
41117 Pop Star TV Studio ($19.99)
41118 Heartlake Supermarket ($29.99)
41119 Heartlake Cupcake Cafe ($39.99)
41120 Adventure Camp Archery ($9.99)
41121 Adventure Camp Rafting ($29.99)
41122 Adventure Camp Tree House ($79.99)
41135 Livi's Pop Star House ($49.99)

Ghostbusters
75827 Firehouse Headquarters ($349.99)

Marvel Super Heroes
76048 Iron Skull Sub Attack ($29.99)
76049 Avenjet Space Mission ($59.99)

Nexo Knights
70310 Knightron Battle Blaster ($9.99)
70311 Chaos Catapult ($9.99)
70312 Lance's Mecha Horse ($24.99)
70313 Moltor's Lava Smasher ($19.99)
70314 Beast Master's Chaos Chariot ($29.99)
70315 Clay's Rumble Blade ($39.99)
70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile ($59.99)
70317 The Fortrex ($99.99)
70324 Merlok's Library 2.0 ($29.99)
70325 Infernox Captures the Queen ($24.99)
70327 the King's Mech ($29.99)
70330 Ultimate Clay ($9.99)
70331 Ultimate Macy ($9.99)
70332 Ultimate Aaron ($9.99)
70333 Ultimate Robin ($9.99)
70334 Ultimate Beast Master ($9.99)
70335 Ultimate Lavaria ($9.99)

Seasonal
40201 Valentine's Cupid Dog ($9.99)

Star Wars
75113 Rey ($19.99)
75114 First Order Stormtrooper ($19.99)
75115 Poe Dameron ($24.99)
75116 Finn ($24.99)
75117 Kylo Ren ($24.99)
75118 Captain Phasma ($24.99)
75125 Resistance X-Wing Fighter MF ($9.99)
75126 First Order Snowspeeder MF ($9.99)
75127 The Ghost MF ($9.99)
75128 TIE Advanced Prototype MF ($9.99)
75129 Wookie Gunship MF ($9.99)
75130 AT-DP MF ($9.99)
75131 Resistance Battle Pack ($12.99)
75132 First Order Battle Pack ($12.99)
75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack ($12.99)
75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack ($12.99)
75139 Battle on Takodana ($59.99)
75140 Resistance Troop Transporter ($69.99)
*more sets to come

Technic
42048 Race Kart ($29.99)
42049 Mine Loader ($49.99)
42050 Drag Racer ($79.99)
42052 Heavy Life Helicopter ($139.99)

Rootbeer

Banned
Jan 1st sets starting to be listed on S@H.

Check it out and start planning your Jan 1st budget :p

ACK it's so hard picking what to get and what to wait and get later.. so many superhero, star wars and DTC sets worth snagging.

ghostmind

Jan 1st sets starting to be listed on S@H.

Check it out and start planning your Jan 1st budget :p

ACK it's so hard picking what to get and what to wait and get later.. so many superhero, star wars and DTC sets worth snagging.

Brick Bank is a day 1 purchase for me, and I'm debating picking up the GB Firehouse then too.

I'll probably pick up the new Force Awakens sets, and maybe the two Marvel sets, but the rest can wait.

Rootbeer

Banned
Brick Bank is a day 1 purchase for me, and I'm debating picking up the GB Firehouse then too.

I'll probably pick up the new Force Awakens sets, and maybe the two Marvel sets, but the rest can wait.

Another SW set coming on Jan 1st:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Battle-on-Takodana-75139 59.99

nexo knights first wave is also Jan 1st... so much stuff!!

Oh! oh! Don't forget to snag the Valentines set, also on Jan 1st since it will be a fast sellout probably

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Valentines-Cupid-Dog-40201

Super Hero tax seems to be high on 76044 Clash of Heroes ($14.99).

Still, it's under $20 which is impulse buy range for me to get a LEGO fix. That and maybe First Order battle pack will be my first 2016 purchases.

Assuming that everything will be available on Jan 1st in Europe:

Brick Bank
Ghostbusters HQ
Anna & Kristoff's Sleigh (this might have to wait a little)
Beast Master's Chaos Chariot (need this day one for some of the parts)

If available:
Lego Dimensions Ghostbusters Level Pack

Hang in there, my poor wallet!

Rootbeer

Banned
Super Hero tax seems to be high on 76044 Clash of Heroes ($14.99).

Still, it's under $20 which is impulse buy range for me to get a LEGO fix. That and maybe First Order battle pack will be my first 2016 purchases.

I'm in for this set. I need that bat signal!

Hmm it has glow in the dark bricks too

$_27.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom