• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Gameplay Overview Trailer

TLZ

Banned
I'm a bit confused. Is this a collection/remaster/remake of all the previously released games, or is this a totally new game?

Looks incredible.....I watched the trailer and immediately preordered the Deluxe Edition. Been dying for a new Star Wars game and this looks like they really put in the effort. The Lego games are usually pretty decent so I couldn't be happier.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm a bit confused. Is this a collection/remaster/remake of all the previously released games, or is this a totally new game?
New game BUT
  • It's a LEGO game
  • Based on the Star Wars movies
Episodes 1 through 6 are going to feel pretty familiar to anyone who has played the old games, I imagine. Hope I'm wrong.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
There were older games that covered the prequel trilogy and then the original trilogy. They a few years back they release a game based on The Force Awakens. That was it. They never touched The Last Jedi or Rise of the Skywalker, but they will in this new game. So this collection will cover all of the movies and be a totally new game with new graphics, mechanics....etc....

Hugare

I'm impressed. This game looks so ambitious, wow

Retelling all movies in one package is gonna be one hell of a deal

A lot of gameplay variety too

BigBooper

I'm tentatively excited for this one. It looks pretty ambitious for a Lego game, but I haven't enjoyed every lego game I've played. About half of them are kind of stinkers. Definitely going to wait for reviews.

This looks surprisingly great. I was excited for this before despite only playing any of the other games very briefly. This has a much wider appeal in my opinion though, focusing on some really awesome looking set pieces and really opening the game up. I’m in for sure.

Just_one

is is just me or that just looks like every single lego game before? and believe me i played them all.

i was really curious about the "new" gameplay but nothing there seems new. they grabbed a couple gameplay functions from other lego games and put them all here.

clem84

Gold Member
Surprised. This looks fun. I thought I was done with Lego games but I will definitely check this out.

Kuranghi

I'm excited, the framerate is alarming in that footage though, its running at 15fps in some shots, hopefully its just whoever captured it making a mess though. The previous games have had some issues on PC at launch but usually don't have too many bugs so I'm optimistic they'll smooth that out if that is how its running.

They used to have a pretty well-fitting motion blur implementation, but seems they've dropped that to give a Lego stop motion look. I hope you can still enable that if you want, on PC at least. It would be fine if the video was 60fps (and the game was running at 60fps) to not have MB to give it that look but at 30fps (or whatever fps is in this video, lower than that) you really need it imo.

Its not like the animations have frames dropped intentionally to make it look like a stop motion movie, so this just looks like subpar performance rather than a style they meant it to have.

Hopefully we'll see a gameplay preview soon and then I'll be fully sold on it. So fun to just piss around in the hubs/open world of these games for hours, thats where the more surprising/comical moments are usually.

Andodalf

Banned
is is just me or that just looks like every single lego game before? and believe me i played them all.

i was really curious about the "new" gameplay but nothing there seems new. they grabbed a couple gameplay functions from other lego games and put them all here.
Lmao I watched it and am worried that they changed to much and the game won’t be as good for younger kids anymore.

The attack system is completely overhauled, both in terms of melee and ranged. You no longer have Hearts!!!!

trikster40

Looks just like the recent Lego games, just adding a health bar? Even the levels look identical to the Force Awakens game.

TLZ

Banned
Totally new game, they've spent 5 years on this.

New game BUT
  • It's a LEGO game
  • Based on the Star Wars movies
Episodes 1 through 6 are going to feel pretty familiar to anyone who has played the old games, I imagine. Hope I'm wrong.

There were older games that covered the prequel trilogy and then the original trilogy. They a few years back they release a game based on The Force Awakens. That was it. They never touched The Last Jedi or Rise of the Skywalker, but they will in this new game. So this collection will cover all of the movies and be a totally new game with new graphics, mechanics....etc....
Ok thanks. Because I have all the older Lego Star wars titles and don't want to buy them again.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Wow, I'm actually impressed. A lot more of the environments are made of lego than I remember being the case in past games. Disappointed the game's not 100% made of lego though. I'd buy that.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Ok thanks. Because I have all the older Lego Star wars titles and don't want to buy them again.
I mean, it seems that the gameplay is totally different. I didn't play the originals much so maybe someone else can tell us if the levels, gameplay look the same as the originals.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
OK. I didn't see anything in the video about it. hope so

In the past, couch co-op was the only way to experience any LEGO game with more than one player – when the first Lego Star Wars game was released, online multiplayer wasn’t considered the norm for console-based games. Now, though, you can jump into hundreds of games on both Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus and enjoy endless hours of cooperative and competitive gameplay with online multiplayer features. It is a standard for games today. But, TT Games’ previous entries haven’t taken advantage of the online co-op possibilities in its worlds.

With that in mind, it doesn’t seem impossible to imagine online multiplayer being available in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga in the future. Continue reading for the full details on everything the developer has said about LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga multiplayer co-op.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga vs The Complete Saga Scenes Comparison / Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga vs The Complete Saga Early Graphics Comparison

Timestamps
One-by-One Scene Comparison 00:00
Side-by-Side Scene Comparison 07:56

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There's a LOT going on in this game. Seems cool. Also looks like it's a full-on 3rd person action game now. Didn't the old ones have fixed camera perspectives etc?

But I have to say it irks me that The Skywalker Saga is the complete saga and The Complete Saga is not the complete saga. Damn you for making another three movies Disney!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wow, I'm actually impressed. A lot more of the environments are made of lego than I remember being the case in past games. Disappointed the game's not 100% made of lego though. I'd buy that.

Yeah, that has always bothered me with these, that's it's mostly been Lego characters in non-Lego environments.

Oberstein

Why on earth would they not just release it on May the fourth if it's gonna be that close

Jedi Fallen Order 2 will probably be announced at least in May, if not on May 4, and it could overshadow the attention. Having it released in April is most likely a good decision.

BlackTron

I didn't realize this was like a full on new ass game. I love Lego, Star Wars, and miss Rogue Squadron games so this is practically megaton for me. Had no idea.

Top Bottom