• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just arrived at my hotel. The connexion is terrible otherwise everything's fine, 10 hours of driving is a bit long though... I already went to the convention hall and got my press pass :)

Tadaima

Rocked said:
Does Nintendo have a booth or not? Why no pictures?

gc_1012.jpg

More pictures:
http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/4196

Only DS Lites can be seen around. There's an enclosed part, but the Wii seems missing, otherwise.

Blimblim said:
Just arrived at my hotel. The connexion is terrible otherwise everything's fine, 10 hours of driving is a bit long though... I already went to the convention hall and got my press pass :)

i hope you can get some pro evo and NHL footage :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm most interested in hearing something from Nintendo. Hopefully a price announcement.

neptunes

TheTrin said:
I'm most interested in hearing something from Nintendo. Hopefully a price announcement.
I hope so too, Microsoft did the same thing last year, it's up to them to do it this year.

They're not attending TGS right?

-nk-

neptunes said:
I hope so too, Microsoft did the same thing last year, it's up to them to do it this year.

They're not attending TGS right?
Nope, I hope they'll announce it in Leipzig...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Eddz said:
Only DS Lites can be seen around. There's an enclosed part, but the Wii seems missing, otherwise.
Wii will be playable in Press Center. Atleast so they said.
Nintendo is planning some other events around Germany (and Europe) during this Fall, dedicated to the Wii.

gstaff

I hope they show new stuff for the Darkness that they didnt show at comic con. i cant wait to hear impressions.

TheTrin said:

I think SantaCruZer (sp?) said that he had heard that there wouldn't be a price announced at Leipzig. Not sure where he heard that though, or whether he really knows anything.

Aurora

Does anyone know what time this starts GMT?

I'm expecting at least one piece of the pie from Nintendo. Release date, price, launch-lineup or specs.

ss_preview_222037677_ac09f7f2b8_b.jpg

teiresias said:
It's a New Age lounge, you're supposed to sit in the comfortable couches and contemplate the existence of PS3 and how its aura will affect your own karma.

Is anyone else thinking it has an N-Gage booth feel to it???

SantaC

Father_Brain said:
I think SantaCruZer (sp?) said that he had heard that there wouldn't be a price announced at Leipzig. Not sure where he heard that though, or whether he really knows anything.

well I don't know anything personally, but it's just what I heard with someone I spoke too. Don't take it as confirmed though. Nintendo might as well do annouce stuff like price and date here. Only like 11 hours left now anyway.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Cosmozone said:
It's 10:15 CET, which is GMT+1, so it should be 9:15 for you. This site has a countdown clock which should work for everyone. (I hope)
Hmm.. I'm dumb and in GMT+2, Is it 9:15 or 11:15 then? The site says 9 hours and 22 minutes and it's 00:53 and I'm pretty sure we aren't in the same timezone as germeny (I live in Israel..)
Edit: So 11:15 right? I'll wake up at 9 just for sure..

Cosmozone

KimiSan said:
Hmm.. I'm dumb and in GMT+2, Is it 9:15 or 11:15 then? The site says 9 hours and 22 minutes and it's 00:53 and I'm pretty sure we aren't in the same timezone as germeny
Edit: So 11:15 right? I'll wake up at 9 just for sure..
That's strange, since it shows the same time to me here in Germany. :lol. At least it would show the same time if my computer's clock wasn't off. For GMT+2, it should be 11:15.

Edit: Oops, sorry. The countdown clock wouldn't show your rest time for me. It would be +1 hour. My computer clock is half an hour fast so I should've added this amount to the counter to get the correct value, but I errorenously substracted it.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Will Capcom have a conferance here? if so, when? if it's written in the thread eariler I'm sorry. Didn't notice this thread untill now. It should be stickied.

GhaleonEB

Brobzoid said:
Will Capcom have a conferance here? if so, when? if it's written in the thread eariler I'm sorry. Didn't notice this thread untill now. It should be stickied.
I have not seen a Capcom conference mentioned, but they are showing stuff, such as a new MP demo of Lost Planet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GoldenEye 007 said:
Nope. They haven't been there in like over 5 years, so it really shouldn't be much of a shock.

yeah, but didn't they still have spaceworld for their last console launch? If they can't make a splash at TGS (which is at least a reason for Sony not to show everything now), when are they going to show stuff? Release date, price, *games*?

Cosmozone

Brobzoid said:
Can't see Capcom in the schedule, sorry. You can look at the whole thing here.

There are quite many press conferences I just noticed, including e.g. Konami, Ubisoft, Atari, ATI. I can see beforehand, that the EA/Nintendo thing won't give you any news about games or hardware. It's about a social project, hard to translate. The abstract talks about an 'institute' to be created whose purpose is making people fit for new media so console-hungry children are more accessible for their parents for example.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
GhaleonEB said:
I have not seen a Capcom conference mentioned, but they are showing stuff, such as a new MP demo of Lost Planet.

I saw that, thats why I thought that maybe capcom had some shit going down here... bu alas. :\

but konami are gonna though? I heard some talk about a new MGS4 trailer... <.<

And where are Squarenix in all of this? they are pretty big, give us a show daymn!

edit: thanks cosmozone.

Zenith

Banned
Brobzoid said:

No. They are showing Lost Planet and one other game.

koam

Paladin69 said:
Isn't there also a second event with Nintendo and EA standing side by side? What time is that supposed to be?

Ah didn't even notice you here. Yes, there's two events, first one is Nintendo only where they will announce the 5 games, the second one i believe is a few hours later (check the first page of this thread), that one is an EA and Nintendo one. They'll probably showcase their sport lineup there.

Cosmozone said:
True. The EA/Nintendo conference is at 14:00 CET. But nothing interesting to see there. At least nothing interesting for the average GAFer.

Probably nothing, but you never know.

A Wii-exclusive/specific Harry Potter game built around the Wiimote could be a pretty big deal (using the Wiimote to cast spells), and isn't there a new Potter film coming out next June?

Seems like such a game could be ready for that time period. The only sports games EA has on tap for the Wii right now are Madden NFL (which would be odd to demo in Europe) and Tiger Woods PGA from what I understand.

Would be nice if even just FIFA Wii was shown.

Cosmozone

@soundwave05: The EA/Nintendo conference is about a social project. The probability about gaming related news being broken is zero.

Top Bottom