• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention

Mmmkay

llTll said:
= whats going on -_-
Well I was just reading back through the thread and apparently there never were any plans for a conference, more a press gathering of sorts. I guess Eurogamer discovered that when they arrived today and made the changes to their itinerary.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So whats the deal then? What is the final verdict on these conferences? Are they happening are they not happening, are they just delayed, did they already happen under our noses? What? I'm tired damn it...
but I don't want to miss anything :(

llTll

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Well I was just reading back through the thread and apparently there never were any plans for a conference, more a press gathering of sorts. I guess Eurogamer discovered that when they arrived today and made the changes to their itinerary.

sucks...

antiloop

Where did eurogamer get the 5 PM conference information from?

We even took some pictures to prove it. We're not sure of the significance of the symbols on the screen at the moment, but we're sure all will be revealed at the company's GC 06 press conference tomorrow afternoon at 5pm CET.

Oh well they may have made that up to disappoint us :p

GhaleonEB

gonknoggin said:
Conference ended 20 minutes ago. No Ray. shown, also no SplinterCell. I'm sitting at the microsoft show right now, which starts in a few minutes, Let's see...
Did this show even happen?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
God damn it sony.... just god damn it. I try to like you but you just deny me every chance you get. *sigh*

Screw this I'm tired as hell. If any Lair or resistance or heavenly Sword footage is shown while I'm sleep I will be pissed!

Pimpwerx

What was the big announcement today? There was the pink on Monday, but I thought Wednesday was supposed to reveal another suprise? Don't tell me it's the hardware shots. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
What was the big announcement today? There was the pink on Monday, but I thought Wednesday was supposed to reveal another suprise? Don't tell me it's the hardware shots. PEACE.

That was just a big let down
Pink PSP and PS2 annoucements with a PS2 price drop in Europe :\

Philia

I MUST ANNOUNCE THIS. My surgeon's name is James Leipzig. I crap you not. But that brought up an interesting question... what's in the name of Leipzig? Is it some guy who owns the place or running it or what?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Philia said:
I MUST ANNOUNCE THIS. My surgeon's name is James Leipzig. I crap you not. But that brought up an interesting question... what's in the name of Leipzig? Is it some guy who owns the place or running it or what?

What a coincidence. My dentist's name is James Tokyo. Of course, that brought up an interesting question for me... what's in the name of Tokyo? Is it some guy who owns the place where the Tokyo Games Show is or running it or what?

jarosh said:
yeah they don't have a conference.

http://www.gc-germany.com/pressetermine.shtml

what they have is a "press day" and an "Umtrunk"... lol. which is pr people talking and consuming alcohol

Until a few days ago that very same webpage mentioned listed a Sony press conference for Wednesday, 5pm. So it might be that they cancelled the conference - for what reason ever. Or maybe they always planned to let press folks in all day long and then start a little come together with food and drinks at 5pm, who knows. I just remember that last years press conference was incredibly boring I think it also started at 5pm and they also had food, which was pretty good, after the show...

By the way, the pink PSP looks pretty shabby to me, nothing like the pink Nintendo DS.lite which I got my girlfriend a few weeks ago from Japan.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Cornballer said:
How was it?
Pretty good actually, looked a whole lot better in motion. Forget what I said about Viva Pinata, apperantly the build was broken, the replaced it and it didn't have as much framedrops anymore. Stranglehold was awesome, I didnt expect anything from it but I was completly blown away by a lot of things. The destructable environments are ameazing and the control system is pretty intuinitive.

(sorry for the bad spelling, my lenses are dirty and I can't see shit ;()

ram

yesterday, there were 75.000 people there - which is a new record - they are already have more than 150.000 visitors without sunday. thats awesome - its now the biggest videogaming convention of the world.

Gc-Freak

Banned
joaomgcd said:
Is there a video of the Microsoft Conference at leipzig? I'm interested in the XNA demos they did...

I have the whole press conference as video. Hopefully I will get it up tomorrow...

Burnst

Gaf loves numbers right?

"GC 2006 breaks all records:
183,000 visitors and more than 2,600 journalists from 38 countries."

According to surveys carried out by the IM Institute of Market Research, 42% of visitors were aged over 20 - an increase of 6% on last year. Seventeen per cent of visitors were female (up by 4%) - and 90% of all visitors said they’d be back! Altogether 39% of visitors travelled more than 300km (186 miles) to attend GC (up from 31% last year).

GC 2006 also clearly hit the headlines with more than 2,600 journalists from 38 countries (2005: 2,000 journalists from 26 countries) travelling to Leipzig to report on GC.

There were also satisfied faces among the exhibitors. All in all, 91% of the total of 368 exhibitors from 25 countries announced before GC closed that they would be returning to take part in GC 2007. And when asked how well their aims had been achieved at the show, 89% of exhibitors replied either ‘well’ or even ‘very well’ (up from 86% in 2005).

Uwe Bassendowski, Managing Director Sony Computer Entertainment Deutschland GmbH: “We’re delighted at the extremely positive response to our innovative stand concept and our products in all genres. Thanks to our broad product portfolio, we also managed to adequately appeal to and increase the target family of families, women and girls. The record number of visitors shows once again that GC has evolved into the leading European show for interactive entertainment. And following talks with the press and the retail sector, we are very excited about the upcoming Christmas trade.”

Martin Bachmayer, Microsoft Head of Sales & Marketing: “So far GC has been a great success for us. We’ve had an opportunity to discuss the games and accessories for the Christmas period with all our dealers. Moreover, we’ve managed to do business with the main decision-makers, businesses and individual branches, and have made great headway.”

Dr Bernd Fakesch, General Manager Nintendo Germany: “We are more than satisfied with how GC has gone. The interest shown by the trade press in our new Wii console is enormous, and we’re delighted. The atmosphere in the pavilions is very harmonious. There’s a real cross-section of society here, including visitors of all generations. And I must emphasise the warmth and hospitability shown by the people of Leipzig!”

Thomas Zeitner, CEO Electronic Arts Germany: “GC is without doubt an important date in the annual calendar for sales, marketing and PR. It comes at a very good time for the Christmas trade, and being a combination of trade show and public exhibition we can see that our products really are meeting with approval – the queues in front of the stands are a very good indicator of this. Even our colleagues from Asia and New Zealand come to GC in order to get a feel for the market. We’d like to wish GC every success for the future.”

Odile Limpach, CEO of Ubisoft GmbH: “GC gives us an opportunity to get our partners together with the producers and to talk about ‘next gen topics’ – the next generation of games. In terms of sales, this is where we lay the foundations for our annual figures. We’re very pleased that more women and girls as well as older people are becoming interested in the electronic games industry, as evidenced by this year’s GC. The growing international significance of GC is clearly apparent for example from the media. For instance, half the journalists at our press conference represented foreign media. GC remains the most important exhibition in Europe.”

Martin Schneider, Konami Digital Entertainment, Sales & Marketing Director Germany: “The atmosphere is excellent, even better than in previous years. The new logistical concept works well, too. We’d like to thank the Leipzig Fair for organising and hosting GC 2006.”

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Pink PSP with camera
h-103_58988_psppink.jpg.jpg

PSP with GPS
h-103_58988_pspgps.jpg.jpg

Cool.

Top Bottom