• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention

koam said:
Ah didn't even notice you here. Yes, there's two events, first one is Nintendo only where they will announce the 5 games, the second one i believe is a few hours later (check the first page of this thread), that one is an EA and Nintendo one. They'll probably showcase their sport lineup there.

There is something about this BigN+EA event on the official LGC page:

"Geburtstunde der Initiative Spielraum. Das Institut zur Förderung von Medienkompetenz ist ein gemeinsames Projekt von EA und Nintendo. Prof. Jürgen Fritz von der Fachhochschule Köln wird die aktuelle Erhebung des Institutes für Medienforschung und Medienpädagogik vorstellen: Wie groß ist das Informationsbedürfnis von Eltern und Pädagogen? Wie kann ihre Medienkompetenz erhöht werden? Und wie sieht zukünftig das Engagement von EA und Nintendo in der Initiative Spielraum aus?"
http://www.gc-germany.com/pressetermine.shtml

In fact there is nothing about some new games or Wii-releated stuff.

Burnst

What if they just give the European release date.. :lol

The European Nintendo site has a story up about their new RSS feed:

Do you want to be the first to know when Wii launches in Europe? Are you spending far too much time surfing to all your favourite websites? Do you like being ahead of the pack at all times?

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
I'm in and so are a lot of Ninty fanboys by the looks of the bags/badges. The connection is shitty in the lobby but I'm in the forum now which has an excellent connection. Which other GAF'ers are around?

The opening conference is starting in 20 minutes or so but I wish I went to the showfloor instead, looks ****ing boring.

(I'm the guy with the black BANE zipper, don't be shy :))

GhaleonEB

Nino said:
I'm in and so are a lot of Ninty fanboys by the looks of the bags/badges. The connection is shitty in the lobby but I'm in the forum now which has an excellent connection. Which other GAF'ers are around?

The opening conference is starting in 20 minutes or so but I wish I went to the showfloor instead, looks ****ing boring.

(I'm the guy with the black BANE zipper, don't be shy :))
Nintendo fans flooding a conference? never!

Cool that you are there. Have fun.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
It was aweful, a few 13 yr olds proclaiming that they were running the biggest Zelda fansite in teh w0rld.... And thanks :)

GhaleonEB

Figures. I leave in 30 minutes to head to the airport, and won't have internet access for at least another five hours, when I get to the hotel in Singapore. Oh well, reading the response to the Wii pricing announcement will still be fun. I predict $200 for the US, Nintendo fans dancing in the streets and a few bannings. As usual.

I'm interested to see how they do the conference. Nintendo's E3 show was a hoot to watch.

The price may not be announced. Nintendo may want to keep MS/Sony guessing a little while longer (along with everyone else). I think Iwata said way back that the price would be unveiled in September, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
soundwave05 said:
Nintendo may want to keep MS/Sony guessing a little while longer (along with everyone else).

But why?

In the end why would they care, its not like MS and Sony will change their prices after Nintendo announces a 200 dollar console. MS/Sony has already shown their cards. They mind as well tell everyone, its not going to chang much of anything. We already know the thing will be cheap.

only reason I can see they are waiting for is to make it a big event type announcment, to create some hype and free marketing for themselves.

Striek

Team Bondi sent me a reply to an email (nearly a goddamn month after I sent it) a couple days ago re: when the trailer for L.A. Noire will be released that said, amongst other things, "We are pretty close to releasing information about the game including a trailer".

I wonder if theres a chance of it being at GC as opposed to TGS...always hope I guess.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm encoding some PES6 360 footage right now, I'm quite disappointed though :/
Fuzion Frenzy 2 doesn't actually look and play bad at all, the 5 playable mini games are very fun.

Pug

PES has never looked good but has always played good, so as long as the gameplay is up to scratch thtas fine by me. Anyway the video looks fine to me the animation seems top notch.

I'm at the Ubisoft press conference right now which hasn't started yet. But they gave out press material announcing Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific a new version of the submarine simulation. I'll see what else is coming up.

Pug

Blim I don't see why you were disapointed with PES it looks great on your video, although you seem to have concentrated on the radar for a fair bit!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Pug said:
Blim I don't see why you were disapointed with PES it looks great on your video, although you seem to have concentrated on the radar for a fair bit!
The radar bit is when we are doing the focus of the camera on the screen ;)

RaijinFY

Ive not waited next-gen to play the exact same games as old-gen. Seriously there may be some improvements but there are not really apparent at all. ugh...

Brothers in arms: Hell's Highway for PC is being presented by the Producer from Gear Box Studios and it looks pretty good, nice character animation and setting.

Bernie

gonknoggin said:
I'm at the Ubisoft press conference right now which hasn't started yet. But they gave out press material announcing Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific a new version of the submarine simulation. I'll see what else is coming up.

Oké, where can I follow that conferents, I want Rayman news ;(

Conference ended 20 minutes ago. No Ray. shown, also no SplinterCell. I'm sitting at the microsoft show right now, which starts in a few minutes, Let's see...

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
gonknoggin said:
I'm sitting at the microsoft show right now, which starts in a few minutes, Let's see...

Blegh I couldnt get in, watching it from some stupid pile of rocks on a TV now, that Speech fellow is pretty annoying.

Viva Pinata has the most annoying framedrops ever, completly unplayable.

Microsoft is spending quite a lot of attention on FIFA 07 in their conference. Too bad my photo with that chick that plays Lara Croft didn't turn out very well.

Top Bottom