• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's be real: if Playstation put all their games on PC day 1, would you jump ship?

would you move to PC if it got all the PS5 exclusives day 1?

• Total voters

RGB'D

Yup. I would love to not have to buy a PS6. PS4 was great but PS5 has not done all that much for me this gen and I haven't finished the last 3 big releases. Loving helldivers on PC though.

Last edited:

SHA

Depends on the list, from my pov,
Killzone
Resistance
The Last of Us
Gran Turismo
Twisted Metal
Destiny 3
Ape Escape
The next shadow of the colossus from Japan Studio
The next from studio soul game
The next God of War
VR games
Maybe I'm a bit old schoolish cause I'm not
interested in many recent exclusives.

Last edited:

laynelane

Very much prefer physical as well and that's a big reason console-wise I prefer PlayStation a lot more over Xbox. But I can trade away that convenience for the various things that come with PC for gaming, if Sony were to for whatever insane reason do Day 1 on the platform (I'm assuming the question in OP is framed around Sony not doing that with their own launcher/storefront, either).

For me, physical isn't about convenience. I rarely sell my games or trade them in, as well. It's about that whole 'you will own nothing and be happy' concept. Legislation has just not caught up with the supposed digital future and I have no illusions about the majority of companies that are pushing hard for it right now.

Another point is that way back when digital was first introduced, it was pushed as a way to cut prices. The argument made (to lure customers in) was that digital prices on games would be lower. No packaging, no transport costs, no employees and storefronts to pay, etc. That did not happen on console. Prices were set to the maximum for new games and it has never changed.

Cool so at least we've established that Sony were not the only platform holders back in the day to do timed exclusivity deals

Never said or pretended otherwise. My issue with the TR SONY deal was it was in-effect a generational console lock-out deal for SEGA and Nintendo and more so the way SONY and EDIOS 1st tried to hide the deal by saying only the PS could handle the game.
Nuclear Strike & C&C were big games with C&C coming on 2 CDs so if you could get them on an N64 the same could be done for TR 2 on the N64 and while I'm not a fan of Bernie, but the USA DC launch and marketing hype for the system was some of the best I had ever seen

PC's have since the age of 3DFX been able to outperform the consoles even in the PS2 era. Play Max Payne on the PC and then play the PS2 version for a laugh, Activision didn't even try to bring Doom 3 to the super console and even the Xbox version was cut back. The likes of the 360 couldn't;t handle Half-Life 2, Quake 4. Fear. Prey at 60 fps. So I don't agree with you on that and I never cared that the PC was getting better versions of Halo, Fable, Gears, VF 2, Last Bronx and so on

There's a reason gaming PC's and consoles co-exist and that's because IMO they're aimed at different gamers. So I don't get the fuss myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom